Chapter 22 || Love Me Always

||Y/N's Point Of View||

"(Y/N)! Wait!" I hear him call out to me.

I wanted to hug him, and to hold him. Kiss him and love him. I desperately didn't want him to go away.

I loved him.

I hated the way he pushed me away. It made me wonder if this was how he was going to treat me when he was going to be away at college...

I understand he might be going through a tough time right now, but he needs me. And I need him. Maybe now more than ever.

I just needed to clear my head for a bit. Maybe that's why I couldn't take it anymore. Why I literally just left... no longer caring.

I didn't know where I was going... Hell, I was lost after a few minutes. The indoor pool at Samezuka seemed to be bigger than I thought.

I gave up finally. I found myself in the locker room, sitting on a bench. I hugged my knees to my chest, just crying and letting it all out.

I was a bundle of emotions now. And no one could stop me.

Was it too much to ask Rin to care about me? To stop being so selfish?

Why couldn't he see how hard this was for me too? He wasn't the only one being affected by all this.

Minutes must have passed and I still sat there crying. My thoughts were so jumbled that I wasn't even sure what I was crying about anymore.

I hadn't realized someone had come until I felt two hands rubbing circles on my back.

I sniffed as I looked up, and I saw two sympathetic eyes. "Hey," the boy says softly.

"Rin," I breathe out.

"Don't scare me like that again, okay?" He says comfortingly, hugging me close.

I stay silent, crying on his shoulder. Neither pulling away, or accepting.

"I'm so sorry," He whispers, "I didn't mean to make you upset."

"I'm not good with opening up. I figured if I didn't say anything, nothing would happen. I didn't want you to worry. About me, or us."

I let him continue, "I'm just worried is all. I love you so damn much, I-I... don't want to lose you..." His voice grows quiet.

I look up at him, "Going away doesn't mean you'll lose me."

"I know," He holds me tighter, "It's all just overwhelming."

"You're not the only one feeling that way," I tell him, "I just wish you'd open up to me. We can work through anything. Together. That is if you'd be willing to."

"I'm so sorry," His eyes are full of guilt.

I sigh, "I don't think I can say goodbye to you again... And I don't want to lose you. I'm afraid you'll forget me." My voice is shaky.

"What? (Y/N) don't say that. I could never forget you."

I stay quiet, letting the tears roll down my now wet cheeks.

"Promise me," He then says after a second of silence.

"Promise what?"

"Promise me that when you graduate next year, you'll come live with me."

I'm baffled by his sudden words. This was a big thing to ask.

"Rin..."

"It's a lot to ask, but by then we'll both be old enough to make our own decisions. Please, I don't know what I'd do without you. Just give me that small hope..."

I actually loved that idea...living with Rin would be a dream come true. Yet that would be a year away.

"Of course," I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," He whispers.

"Me too," I say against his hair.

We stay like that for a moment, clinging onto each other as if our lives depended on it. In truth, we were scared to let go. In fear we'd lose each other.

"Promise me." I whisper in his ear.

He chuckles, "What?"

"Promise you love me," I sniff.

I notice a smile appear on his lips. "I will always love you (Y/N)," He softly says before bringing his lips to mine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Thank you so much for reading,
It's been a pleasure writing.

This took a little while to fully write, but I'm glad with the finished result. I'm no good with endings so I'll just thank you for sticking to the end. :)

Also sorry for the somewhat short ending ^^