35º Cap - Elisabetta is deceived again

When Angelo leaves the meeting room, he goes into his office and immediately calls Rocco's mother.

- Mrs. Chiara?

- I'm very busy right now Angelo. I'll call you later.

Chiara was receiving furniture for her apartment, when her cell phone rings in her hand.

- But ma'am, it's urgent.

- They're putting everything in the places I mentioned. I will be back in a moment. Okay Angelo, what happened?

- You won't believe it.

- I can't believe it if you don't tell me.

- You will be a grandmother.

- What will I be?

With arms crossed, Rocco waits for Elena's explanations.

- Do you think I look like a fool to believe such a lie?

- It's not a lie, I'm really pregnant and the child is yours.

- Cynic. How can you be so cynical?

Rocco looks at her with anger and contempt

- You need to believe me.

- I've never met a woman so disingenuous.

- I understand Rocco, you don't want to take on the responsibilities of having a child.

- What son? There are no children, or have you forgotten that I had sex with you with a condom?

Elena imagined that Rocco wouldn't remember, since he was drunk the night he took her to his house, after meeting her at a club.

- What do you mean, condoms? Don't you remember that afterwards you took it off, so I could do you know what and then you didn't want to use it anymore?

- What you're doing is disgusting, Elena. Is it money you want?

Rocco takes the checkbook from the drawer.

- What are you doing?

- How much? Tell me how long your night was that day?

- Don't treat me like a whore, Rocco, which I'm not.

The room door opens and Chiara enters excitedly.

- What is this story that I recently learned, my son?

- Have they ever gossiped with you, my mother?

- I remember you and I remember telling you to leave my son alone.

- I'm pregnant and that's what I went to say that day, at Rocco's house, when the lady kicked me out.

- And I will expel every time a marriage hunter like you appears in my son's life. Come on, Rocco, give this smart girl money so she can have an abortion and be generous so she can be well off after that.