"For him, she was adrenaline."
Winter McHalen seemed to have everything: parents who owned a multi-billion dollar company, two handsome brothers who just happened to get the loving-brothers genes, and a ridiculously beautiful look.
One summer afternoon, however, a six-year-old Winter was kidnapped by her father's former rival and was traumatised into being mute. Ten years later, the current sixteen-year-old Winter still struggled to come to terms with her dark past.
When she crossed path with the mysterious Rohan Garrison: heir to neighbouring international corporation, student council president, and a perfect gentleman who seemed to be harbouring much more secrets behind his stoic facade; the two kept finding themselves tumbling into each other's lives - with or without their own wills.
He was aloof yet affable, she was bold yet reserved; he was neither a protector nor predator, she was neither a badass nor damsel-in-distress; but they were two qualities - both coexisting at the same time and were unpredictable variables in each other's lives.
And they both didn't know whether to like or despise it.
Watch Winter as she journeyed into adulthood and tried to get back the voice which she lost. With both existing as naturally opposing forces, could Rohan - with the help of her family, friends, and possibly other love interests - save Winter from her past, or will she be trapped forever in her affliction?
#226 in Teen Fiction
#1 in Young Adult
#1 in General Fiction
#50 in ChickLit
#122 in Humor
#5 in New Adult
*images used are not mine
- Chapter 1 - McHalen Siblings Love
- Chapter 2 - What A Drag...
- Chapter 3 - First Student Council Meeting of the Year
- Chapter 4 - When Your Escort Was More of a Mystery Than You Were
- Chapter 5 - Jonah and Rohan's Discussion
- Chapter 6 - Break Time's Over
- Chapter 7 - Thank God It's Friday
- Chapter 8 - When They Suspected Them Going On A Date
- Chapter 9 - Lakeside Was A Mystery Indeed
- Chapter 10 - Mother's Love
- Chapter 11 - (Not) Your Usual Monday Morning
- Chapter 12 - Of Surprises And Seahorses
- Chapter 13 - When Hospitals Had Silver Linings
- Chapter 14 - How The Rumour Mill Started
- Chapter 15 - Jonah's Dilemma
- Chapter 16 - Beginnings
- Chapter 17 - Gossips
- Chapter 18 - Crisis Part I: When Winter and Seth Stalked and Jake Took Control
- Chapter 19 - Crisis Part II: Resolutions?
- Chapter 20 - Attachment Issues
- Special Chapter I - Gray and Rose
- Chapter 21 - Anticipations
- Chapter 22 - Revelations and Decisions
- Chapter 23 - Climax Part I: Escalation
- Chapter 24 - Climax Part II: Nightmares Past
- Chapter 25 - Climax Part III: Silence In The Rain
- Chapter 26 - Beauty In The Dark