Chapter 25 - Climax Part III: Silence In The Rain

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys! Early update this week because I forgot that I'm having a road trip with my friends this weekend :') HAHA but I hope you enjoy this chapter! This was a difficult chapter to write, and I only had time to proofread it about once or twice, but 25 is a special number for me so somehow I think this chapter turned out beautifully! <3 Tell me what you think!

WARNING: Dark chapter ahead.

Previously on Her Safe Haven: Rohan once again became distant after the talk with his father. Winter had an accidental talk with Rachel Turner which made her realise that she barely knew Rohan at all. It was now Thursday, the day of the marathon, and Winter was stationed as a first-aider until she found Rohan sleeping in the Infirmary. She watched him and realised that it was her only chance to "confirm her suspicions", so she started unbuttoning Rohan's shirt, undressing him...

From the deep pull by the shores of infinite darkness, he was stirred awake by movements against him.

His senses had been adjusted to years of insomnia that he would never miss anyone touching him while he was sleeping. He always slept with one eye open.

So who was it that dared touch him in his most alert state?

"Winter...?" the pull of sleep was still tugging at him, but the shock of seeing her face would win any day and his eyes shot open as he pulled his body away from her. "Winter, what are you—"

Winter lost grasp of the last button of his shirt she was peeling open, and her eyes snapped upwards to meet his.

Teal eyes gaped at her questioningly.

She ignored them and focused back on her task, following his movement forward almost with equal fervour and grabbing his shirt, yanking it away from one of his shoulders.

"Winter, stop—!"

At that moment Seth opened the curtain to their section.

He had heard Rohan's voice and was going to check on him. From the outside, the redhead and Winter sounded to be having a conversation, a civil conversation, but the drawn curtain revealed them on a much more compromising, and certainly uncivilised position.

Winter had one knee on the bed, and she was climbing and struggling to straddle Rohan. Both her hands were clutching at his shirt and she was...

...stripping him...?

Seth's jaw fell open at once, his eyes bulging out at the scene in front of him and oh, that insinuation behind it.

He never took Winter as the attacking type before, but damn. What the hell was she doing—? "Winter, what are you doing?!"

'No, Seth! Help me hold him down!' she tried to plea with her eyes as she looked back at him, hands still trying to yank open Rohan's collar. And all at once Seth knew that the depth of the situation before him was much heavier than what was seen.

Rohan tried to fight her back, jerking her hands away from his shirt and forcing himself out of her hold. They were almost wrestling now, Rohan was standing up and Winter was stubbornly climbing onto the bed, still tugging at him. She had both knees on the bed and was pulling at his collar from behind. "Winter, stop! What are you—"

Then her stubbornness won and she succeeded to tear his shirt open for just one second, but that second managed to reveal Rohan's back for her and Seth to see.