Chapter 35 - The Chase

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Today is finally the day: it's the day of the big reveal!

Do you think Leah was behind all of Winter's attacks? What do you think was really going on in Lakeside High?

Type your guesses in here now because this is the second last chapter in this arc and everything's going to be revealed soon!

Previously on Her Safe Haven: Winter bled after she found a cutter knife hidden in her sponge painting set. The next week she fainted after a possible attack in the changing room, and the week after that someone tried to attack her by throwing a plant pot onto her from the biology lab. Rose and Tria found Winter's The Merchant of Venice book ripped apart with a note threatening her to step down from the Student Council Election. Seth suspected that the one behind all these was Leah Stewart.

"SSSHH! Don't make so much sound!"

Seth inwardly rolled his eyes at his partner-in-crime's antics of worriedly looking around — making it more obvious that they were about to do something illegal when all it looked like they were doing was just opening the door to a computer lab.

Oh, and he wasn't even making any sound.

"Will you just hurry up? There's no one around so would you please just—"

After the door beeped open, he didn't even have time to finish his sentence as Tria yanked him inside and immediately turned on one of the computers — also in that overly-dramatic, as-if-they-were-secret-agents manner of hers.

He sighed again. This troublesome woman.

In midst of their investigation about Winter, with the election results coming out only in two days, they have decided to first see the most important thing: whether Winter's bully succeeded in making Winter back down from the election. So Tria, being Seth's childhood friend, decided that she was the best candidate to motivate her genius friend to finally put that brain of his to good (or well, bad) use and hack into the voting system to see the results.

"We're not gonna change the results or anything," she had pleaded, "just taking a look!"

Seth could just glare incredulously as all his complaints only landed him here faster, and watched impatiently as Tria logged into the computer very slowly — if she dragged him all the way here anyway why not just let him log into the computer this troublesome idiot

"How are your parents doing?"

"Hm?" Seth blinked in the middle of his annoyed reverie and looked at her. She looked back at him with her innocent blue eyes. He sighed. "They're fine. They sent their regards to yours. How are you and Charlie?"

"We're good, just celebrated our one year anniversary last week," she said, finally grinning as she went back to the screen in front of her.

"Right... it's been a year already. The three of us should hang out more often, just like the old days..." After Tria finally managed to log into her account (how long does one need just to type in a password, geez...) he took over and started doing the real work.

"That's right! It's been a while since the three of us have—"

He tuned out her yammering as he put in the codes to the programme he had prepared. 'It should just be around here— there.'

With a loud beep that even silenced Tria, the screen finished its loading — showing them the official results of the student council election that morning.