š¢š§ š­š”š¢š¬ š­šØš šžš­š”šžļæ½...

By winterrain__

š˜/š§ š‚š„ššš¢š« ššš§š šƒš«šššœšØ šŒššš„šŸšØš² ššš«šž š›šžš¬š­ šŸš«š¢šžš§šš¬ šžšÆšžš« š¬š¢š§šœšž š­š”šžš² ļæ½... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Twenty-Four

170 4 0
By winterrain__

Chapter Twenty-Four: Hospital Wing

" Why didn't you join me for patrol last night? " Y/n yawned. " I was tired. Turns out, I still couldn't sleep. "

Y/n downed another cup of coffee, eating her toast and scrambled eggs. She was still tired, and she was glad Astoria wasn't there right now. Or Y/n would've hexed her and her annoying face.

" Hey, you okay? " Draco asked, noticing her slumped shoulders. Y/n simply hummed and swallowed the piece of food before laying her head on her hands.

Draco shared a worried glance with Elle and Theo. As he opened his mouth to say something, Astoria slid beside her. " Hey, Draco. "

" Hi. What are you doing here? " Draco asked, glancing at Y/n. Y/n wasn't asleep yet. She was wide awake now that she heard that annoying voice. She sighed internally.

She was feeling helpess and scared. What if Draco was distant? She shuddered at the thought. Who would she have if he left?

" Y/n, let's go to Madam Pomfrey. " Elle says, wrapping her arms around her.
" No, I'm fine. " Draco rolled his eyes.

" Get up, N/n. Come on! I'll take you. " Draco says, " We have a date, remember? I think Nott and Tenner are capable of taking her. " Said Astoria fiercely.

Y/n gave her a look. " Yeah, I'll go myself. Please don't annoy me with your voice. " She said and shot up. She was feeling light headed, but she managed to leave the Great Hall.

" Whoa! Hold on, there! " Harry grabbed her arm before she ran into him. Y/n sighed. " You look sick. " He muttered, " Thanks. I know that. " She ran a hand through her hair.

" Do you want to go Madame
Pomfrey? " Harry asked awkwardly, making Y/n chuckle. " No, I'm good. "

She walked past him, her best friends catching up with her.
" Hey, come on, Y/n. You look pale. " Theo argued, grabbing her hand. " My skin is pale, Theo. How come you've never noticed that? "

" I meant it's paler than usual. Can we go now? I'm surprised Malfoy didn't follow you. That git! What's so important to him?! " Theo fumed and
Y/n rolled her eyes.

" Relax, will you? " She laughed tiredly. Elle shook her head called Madame Pomfrey. " What's wrong? "

" Nothing. They're just making a fuss-"

" Doesn't look like nothing to me. What did you eat last time? " Y/n blinked.
" Uh, toast, coffee and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Just now. "

" No, last night. " Madam Pomfrey asks, checking her pulse. " Steak and rice with pumpkin juice. "

" Poisoning. Call professor Snape. " Madam Pomfrey says and Theo nodded. As Y/n layed on the bed, she coughed. Her vision started to get blurry.

" What's wrong? " She could hear Snape's voice. " She's been poisoned, Snape. Thankfully, I do have an antidote."

Was all she heard before she lost her consciousness. Elle gasped and Theo widened his eyes. Snape turned to the two.

" Perhaps Mr. Malfoy would know. "

" Um, professor. I don't think Malfoy will know. He's been busy lately to focus on Y/n." Theo says, rather annoyed.

" And what can be more important to Mr. Malfoy than his-best friend? " Elle hesitated. Why was Snape so intimidating? She thought.

" Greengrass. "

" I see. I'll have to talk with
headmaster. " Snape left the Hospital Wing.

" I thought he was going to say girlfriend or something. " Theo nodded. " Anyway! I'm mad at him! He didn't even argue with her. "

" She needs rest. You two should leave. " Pomfrey ushers them away. When they reluctantly left, they found Astoria and Draco walking hand in hand. Elle scoffed, feeling nothing but angry towards the blonde.

" Yeah, yeah! Do enjoy! " Theo spat and Draco frowned. " What's with you? "
Elle raised an eyebrow. " I don't think we want to ruin your date, Malfoy. Be gone. "

Elle dragged away Theo and Draco frowned. Shrugging it off, he left.

--

When Y/n woke up that night, she was alone in the hospital wing. Her stomach was aching and her head was pounding.

" Madame Pomfrey? " She croaked out, the nurse instantly reached to her side.

" Do you need water? " Y/n nodded. When she sat up, Pomfrey handed her a glass of water. " Did someone come here to visit me? "

" Ah, yes. Mr. Nott, Miss Tenner with Zabini and Parkinson. And these two big boys! " Y/n chuckled.

" Rest some more, dear. " Y/n nodded. As Pomfrey disappeared, Y/n layed down and stared at the ceiling. So Draco never came?
She tried to slower her ragged breathing and bit her lower lip. It was stupid and she didn't want to cry over it.

Turning over, she let the tears escape.

--

Elle was up early to visit Y/n and take her some breakfast. When she spotted Draco in the Common Room, she scoffed. But Draco seemed to want to talk to her.

" Where's Y/n? " He asked, causing Elle to roll her eyes. " Hospital Wing. Noticed, have you? She's been poisoned, Malfoy. But you don't have to worry, go on to your pretty little dates! "

She spat and stormed off. Draco stood there. Poisoned? " Draco, you alright? "
Astoria stepped down the staircase. The blonde nodded.

" I'll need to go-"

" But we were supposed to go down for breakfast. " Draco rolled his eyes. " It's important! I'll leave! " He said through his teeth and shrugged off his arm before leaving the dungeons.

Before he could however exit, Snape was standing there. " Mr. Malfoy, let's have a word. " Draco cursed.

" Professor, I need to check on Y/n-"

" Now. "

He ran a hand through his hair and entered his office, " Close the door. " And Draco did as he was said. " Sit. "

" I wonder what's making so arrogant towards Miss Clair- " Draco frowned.
" I'm not bring arrogant to her. What's that supposed to mean? "

" Than where were you when she was poisoned and admitted in the Hospital Wing? " Snape asked, his eyes cold.

" Uh, I was with-"

" Miss Grengrass, yes, yes. I've heard. You do know if you father find out you are being irresponsible towards her-"

" I didn't know. Nobody told me! " Draco argued. Snape's face twitched. " It's suffice to say, Draco, that you take extra care who you mingle with. Leave. "

Draco frowned but got out of the office, heading straight to the Hospital Wing. When he reached, he found Elle already there, talking to Y/n.

He felt guilty and didn't know how to face her. When he appeared, Y/n went quite. She spared him a galnce before looking at her folded palms in her lap.

" I'll leave. "

Elle stood up ans shot Draco a glare before leaving. Draco sighed and pulled out a chair, taking a seat beside her bed.

" N/n, I'm sorry. "

" What are you sorry for? You didn't poison me, did you? " She joked, chuckling. Draco rolled his eyes. " I should've checked up on you or brought you here myself. I didn't even know you were poisoned. "

" It's fine, Dray. Honestly, I can't ask you to be that worried. " She says and Draco sighed. He knew she was mad because she wasn't even looking at him.

Draco didn't know what to say. He didn't know what Snape meant. Was Snape telling him o stay away from Astoria? He wondered.

" Well, I think you can be discharged now but you should rest one more day, sweetheart. " Y/n smiled, nodding. Draco got up and stood outside while
Y/n changed and threw her hair into a messy bun.

Draco walked her back to the dungeons and Y/n smiled forcefully. " I'll see after classes. " She said tiredly. Draco sighed and pulled her in a hug. He couldn't help but get mad at himself when Y/n went stiff instead of hugging him back.

" I'm sorry. " Y/n finally wrapped her arms around him, but he didn't feel that comfort he always did. " Its fine, Draco. I should go rest now. "

Draco watched as she disappeared by the stairs and sighed. It hurt too much than expected. He slumped his shoulders and walked away.

It was at lunch Y/n didn't come down and Elle said she'll take her lunch upstairs. " Malfoy, Malfoy! Where's your girlfriend? "

" Right, here. Potter. " Astoria snapped and Harry seemed amused. " I was asking about Clair. "

" She's not his girlfriend. " Astoria spat and Theo scoffed at her, before turning to Harry. " Why do you need her, anyway? "

" Oh, she didn't tell you? We're friends
now. " Draco shot him a glare.
" Rubbish! " Harry smirked. " You'll know. We had quite a chat in the library yesterday. Sad that she didn't tell you. "

" Fuck off! " Blaise spat and Harry disappeared, shrugging.

The whole day, Y/n spent in her dorm, sleeping and doing nothing. Elle had brought her food so she didn't even have to leave.

She was once again, curled up into her bed when there was a knock on the door.

" Come in. "

Draco walked in with a slumped look. He wanted to make her feel better. Y/n didn't need to know who entered, she knew by the scent. She smiled at the blonde, who kicked off his shoes and climbed the bed.

" How are you feeling now? " He whispered, getting into the covers.
" Well, better actually. Guess I'll have to attend classes again. " She giggled and Draco smiled.

" Are you still mad at me? " He asked after a few seconds of staring at each other.

" No, Dray. I'm not. It's just moodswings, I swear. " She rolled over, snuggling into his chest.

Draco sighed in relief and tucked the strand of hair behind her ear. " Thanks. I promise it won't happen again. "

Y/n hummed. " Let's sleep? " She whispered, looking at him with tired eyes.

" Yeah. "

" Night, Dray. " She reached up to kiss his cheek, lingering for a second extra before closing her eyes, ready to fall asleep.

" Night, love. "

Y/n wasn't mad. She knew it but she also knew she was slightly hurt by his actions. Even if he wasn't aware of it and hadn't meant it, he was being ignorant towards her and nothing would change that. And that hurt.

End

Ouch!!! Who do you think poisoned you? Lol!

Words Count: 1699

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 13.1K 68
āš˜®š˜ŗ š˜„š˜¢š˜¶š˜Øš˜©š˜µš˜¦š˜³ š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜®š˜ŗ š˜Øš˜³š˜¢š˜Æš˜„š˜¤š˜©š˜Ŗš˜­š˜„š˜³š˜¦š˜Æ š˜¢š˜³š˜¦ š˜®š˜ŗ š˜µš˜°š˜± š˜±š˜³š˜Ŗš˜°š˜³š˜Ŗš˜µš˜Ŗš˜¦š˜“. āž -š˜›š˜°š˜®š˜”š˜¢š˜³š˜·š˜°š˜­š˜°š˜šš˜­š˜ŗš˜µš˜©š˜¦š˜³š˜Ŗš˜Æ ā†³š˜Ŗļæ½...
19.7K 547 33
š˜š˜°š˜ø š˜Šš˜°š˜¶š˜­š˜„ š˜ˆ š˜š˜¦š˜¢š˜³š˜µ š˜“š˜Ŗš˜¬š˜¦ š˜ š˜°š˜¶š˜³š˜“, š˜Œš˜·š˜¦š˜³ š˜“š˜°š˜·š˜¦ š˜ˆ š˜š˜¦š˜¢š˜³š˜µ š˜“š˜Ŗš˜¬š˜¦ š˜”š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜¦? š™µššŠšš•šš•šš’šš—šš šššš˜šš› šššš‘ššŽ šš‹šš˜šš¢ šš¢šš˜ššžšš›...
613 17 42
š‘³š’šš’š’‚ š‘³š’–š’‘š’Šš’, š’”š’Žš’‚š’“š’•, š’„š’š’†š’—š’†š’“ š’‚š’š’… š’‡š’–š’š’ š’š’‡ š’”š’š’‚š’“š’Œš’š š’„š’š’Žš’Žš’†š’š’•š’”. š‘“š’‚š’•š’•š’‰š’†š’ š‘¹š’Šš’…š’…š’š’† š’•š’‰š’† š’”š’š’ š’š’‡ š’•š’‰...