The start of the end

By evchantress

The marauders enter in their seventh year in Hogwarts. We can say that it's not going to be a peaceful one as... More

i n t r o
1. Bertie Bott's Beans and Secrets not so secret.
2. Friendship
3. The Sorting Hat and Head Boy's duties
4. Nighty Surprises.
5. Do you fancy one as well ?
6. C.I.S.A.Z.A.F.A.A.N.S.I.T.H.W.M.
7. Sirius' brother and Transfiguration class.
8. No shit, Sherlock.
9. Ravenclaw's tries-out
10. The first full-moon
11. Why is it always the same people in the beds of this hospital wing ?
12. Honeydukes & " revisions "
13. What a hard Sunday...
14. Still very lesbian and very in a relationship.
15. Night chats
16. I am sorry
17. First date
18. It's tiring to be the best !
19. Light in the darkness
20. Moonlight Sonata
22. Not everything is about you
Please read !!

21. Potion class

20 1 5
By evchantress

                       LILY'S POV

Today is Friday and we start with Potion class. I am paired with Severus since first year. It was nice before because he was my friend... but now he has hurt me way too much and as Marlene told me, I can't give him a thousandth chance. So, since last year, since he called me the M-word, we just make brew potion without really talking. He tries to apologise sometimes but I am not listening. There are borders and he has crossed them more than once and it's enough now. I think he understands now because he lets me. So as usual, today we sit together. But then he grips my wirst.

" Let. Go. "

He ignores my order.

"Look at me Lily. I am so sorry. For everything. Give me a second chance. Please."

" I gave you a thousand of chances. And above all, you called me the worst slur you could ever, ever use. Let. My wrist. Go. Now."

"What can I do to make myself up to you ? I'll do anything to gain your friendship again."

I look around and see Sirius and Remus sitting together. Remus pulling Sirius down by his sleeve. Severus has to let go or it's going to go very very badly. James is glaring in our direction and Peter is talking to him.

"Let my wrist go. Classes are going to start."

"Answer me Lily !"

I can't deal with it anymore. I raise up my hand, the other one, for Slughorn to come over.

"Miss Evans, Mister Snape ! " he exclaims grinning. "What can I do for you ?"

" I would like to change partners, Professor."

"I am afraid it won't be possible Miss Evans."

"How's so ? "

"Well, every pairs are already done. No one's alone."

"Maybe... maybe someone could come pair up with me ? You can't put two very talented students together. I could help someone, right ?" I ask innocently.

" Alright... alright then. Mister Snape, you're going to pair up with Mister Potter. Mister Pettigrew, would you come over here please ? "

Ah shit. This is not good. I glance at Potter. His eyes widens with surprise and then, he glances at me. We're just looking at eachother like that for a few seconds. And it's like we don't need to talk to understand each other right at the moment. He's not mad at me, and it's a relieve really. When I turn back to Severus, I see his teeth grintting. He's really pissed off... He looks at me before standing up to go sit next to Potter while Peter is doing the same. Once Slughorn is gone, Peter whispers to me :

"What happened ?"

" He wouldn't let my wrist go. Begging me to forgive him. Am I bad for not doing so ? "

" Oh God, Lily ! You're not bad at all ! He is bad. He doesn't respect you. He's a dick, really. "

"I feel bad for Potter, though."

" Don't, he's going to be fine."

"I hope so..."

He puts his hand on my shoulder to give me comfort. I am glad Slughorn paired me up with Peter and not with some random person.

After Potion, I pack up my bag to follow the others to our next class when Slughorn calls me. I turn to him.

" Miss Evans ! Can I have a word with you ? It's not going to be long, I won't keep you from going to your next class," he says smiling at me.

I tell the lads, I'll catch up before going towards him.

" What a most excellent potion you brew with Mister Pettigrew today ! A Blood-Replenishing potion nonetheless ! Would you consider yourself as a futur medwitch, Miss Evans ? "

" I am not sure what I want to do yet, Professor, but I trust it's not the reason you called me back."

He laughs a bit awkwardly.

" You're a very smart young woman. I was wondering if the reason you asked me to change your partner was only so I don't have my two best students in the same duo."

I hesitate to tell him. I think it's better if I don't.

"It is, Professor, it is."

" You know if any students of my house behaves badly with you or any other students, I can talk to them, alright? "

" Of course, Sir. "

"Well, " he says, putting a hand on my shoulder," I won't keep you here longer. Have a nice day, Miss Evans ! "

" You too, Professor."

I walk through hallways until I find the others. But not as I expected. I only left for a few minutes, but it was enough for something to happen. Peter is on the ground, unconscious with a few bruises on his face. I run to him first before seeing the other parts of the scene. Remus is coming over to Peter and I. I guess it has only been seconds since Peter went unconscious. Potter is threatening Snape, a wand on his throat. Sirius backing him up.

Remus is looking at me, his eyes saying he will take care of Pete. I nod and stand up, walking over or rather running to the strange trio.

" OH MY GOD ! WHAT THE HECK ?! STOP ! "

But they do not move. So I take Potter by the shoulders to make him move, and so he does. Severus runs toward Potter again to attack him but I stop him by sliding just before Potter and pointing my wand at him.

"I want to know what the fuck happened."

" Snivellus hexing Peter was what happened Lily, " barks Sirius.

" Why ?" I ask sharply, my wand still aiming at Severus.

"...because he doesn't get what - or who in this case - he wants and he can't stand it," grunts James.

" Explain. "

" Why does petty Pettigrew has to be paired up with you for Potion class ?"

I am about to retort and shove him in the shoulder. But Potter is faster, way faster. In half a second, his wand is threatening Snape's throat again.

" Don't you dare call my friend like that again. "

" I'll do whatever I want. " He sneers, trying to leave, he's cornered against the wall now.

"No, you won't. Ever again," he says with a menacing voice." And you won't ever disrespect anyone again. Anyone of my friends or anyone at all. "

"You disgust me Severus. Hexing my friend because I am paired up with him for Potion class."

I am honestly feeling sick. I really do. I can't believe how he can behave this way. Remus is watching us, whispering some healing spells to Peter. Severus is about to say something again but he gets interrupted by Professor McGonagall. I guess we're late.
She opens her mouth with shock. I can't tell if she's mad, worried or a combination of both.

" Potter ! Lower your wand ! "

It takes all his will to do it but he sighs and manages to do it anyways. After a few seconds of looking at each one of us, her eyes fall on Peter. She approaches Remus and him.

" Look what you've done ! "

Potter retorts immediately.

" With all due respect Professor, do you really think I would do such a thing to one of my best friends ?" he asks in a annoyed voice.

She stays silent.

" Mister Lupin, will you please bring Mister Pettigrew to the hospital wing and then joining the class immediately? "

Remus nods before standing up and casting a levicorpus spell on him.

" The four of you come in class with me. You'll tell me what happened afterwards. You better not make yourself noticeable for the next two hours. "

-

little storytime behind this chapter : I just completely forgot the existence of Snape because I don't like him :D

Someone just made me notice it and that's why i never talked about him in the previous chapters.

anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter ! :)

also, dedicated to eesha and liana who gave me the inspiration to write it !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 8.1K 41
Ever wondered what would have happened that changed Lily Evans' mind that James Potter was not as arrogant as he looked. This is about their seventh...
866K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
103K 2.4K 12
As it's sixth year, Remus knows he'll probably never get another chance. He has to tell Sirius he likes him! No, wait...Sirius is straight. Right? (M...
229K 10.4K 121
Regulus Black, the youngest of the two Black brothers, raised to believe in blood-supremacy and follow their parents without question. When Sirius Bl...