Forbidden

By seawrites5

Elizabeth and Draco are total opposites. She is a total sweetheart and loved by all, while Draco is cold and... More

0 - Forbidden
1 - Love at First Sight
2 - Our Guests
3 - My First Day
4 - The Ferret
5 - Task 1
6 - Xoxo
7 - She Really Said Yes
8 - The Disappearance
9 - Task 2
10 - Miss Match Maker
11 - I Love You
13 - The Broken Best Friend
14 - Goodbye Cedric
15 - The Quidditch Match
16 - Someone New
17 - Knock Off Lizzie
18 - New Addition
19 - What She Deserved
20 - Dumbridge
21 - I Will Behave
22 - Second Thoughts
23 - The Confession
24 - Together Again
25 - Perfect
26 - Overprotective
27 - Hufflepuff MVP
28 - Flutterby Flaws
29 - The Forming of the D.A.
30 - Draco's Dispute
31 - Descions Descions
32 - Seperated
33 - Because it's Forbidden
34 - Estranged
35 - Never Really Over
36 - Things Are Never Easy
37 - The Wrong Rosewood
38 - Again
39 - I Could Use Some Liquid Luck
40 - More to the Story
41 - Gatecrasher
42 - Issues On the Pitch
43 - Yet Another Disappearance
44 - Dead or Alive
45 - Save the Date
46 - Too Late
47 - The Lost Hufflepuffs
48 - Memories
49 - One Step Closer
50 - Life Moves Fast
51 - Caught
52 - About Time
53 - Truth Bombs
54 - Envy
55 - Nothing is Ever Perfect for Draco
56 - Brielle
57 - Fire
58 - One Final Step
59 - All Over
60 - The Start of Something New
61 - A Plan in Progress
62 - Say Yes
63 - Here Comes the Bride
64 - Everything Works Out

12 - Task 3

1.1K 19 11
By seawrites5

On the day of the final challenge I got dressed. Part of me was excited because I would get to see Cedric compete, but the other part of me was sad because the year was almost over.

As I walked to the castle, I ran into Cedric.

"Hey Ced. Aren't you supposed to be getting ready?"

"Yeah, but I wanted to take a walk with you first," he said, smiling.

"Ok. 10 minutes and then you need to get ready."

"Fine Miss Bossy Pants," he teased.

"Don't make me regret taking this walk with you," I said, laughing.

"I'm sorry. So how're things with Malfoy?" he asked.

I felt my cheeks grow warm as I tried to bite back the smile that was forcing itself onto my face.

"Well last night he told me he loves me."

He smiled down at me, "you know, I used to hate Malfoy, but now that I see how happy he makes you, he doesn't seem all that bad."

"Yeah, he's pretty amazing. How're you and Cho?"

"We're doing good. You two would make great friends, but I really love her...a lot."

"Aww Ceddy! That's so cute! You're going to make me cry!"

He laughed, and pulled me in for a hug. I held him close...like it would be the last hug we ever shared...for some odd reason it felt like it was going to be the last.

"Stay safe in today's challenge please," I whispered into his chest.

He chuckled softly, "I will, Eliza. I'll see you later then, yeah?"

"Yeah. Good luck."

I gave him one final squeeze before letting him go.

-

I felt nervous as I walked to the arena. For some reason, I felt like something bad was going to happen...but I pushed those feelings aside or at least tried to when I saw Draco waiting for me at the entrance.

"Hi darling," Draco said, greeting me with a forehead kiss.

"Hey," I said, my voice quivering.

"Everything alright?" he whispered as we walked to our seats.

"Yeah, just nervous for Cedric."

We sat down, and Draco wrapped a reassuring arm around me.

"He'll be fine. Besides, you have me to keep you company."

"Good point," I said, cuddling up to him.

Someone pulled me away from Draco while another person took my seat beside him.

"So how're my favorite love birds?" Oliver asked.

Oliver sat between Draco and me and Ellie sat on the other side of me with Blaise.

"We're great. Now move," Draco barked.

"Sheesh. I was actually doing you both a favor because Sawyer just arrived, and he almost saw you both canoodling."

"Well he's sitting down now so move," said Draco.

"Tough crowd," Oliver uttered under his breath.

He stood up, and Draco pulled me into him again just as the band started to play. Everyone began to cheer as Amos sprinted out of the tunnel, and pointed towards the entrance. Cedric walked out, waving and we all cheered. He made eye contact with me, and waved.

'Good luck!' I mouthed.

He smiled at me, and then ran over to Cho, giving her a quick kiss before taking his place in front of the maze.

Dumbledore's voice boomed across the arena, "welcome all to the third and final challenge! The cup is hidden somewhere in the maze. Whoever navigates it best, and retrieves the cup, WINS!"

The cannon then sounded, and the Champions walked into the opening of the maze, which closed behind them after they entered.

I sat down taking a deep breath. I still felt uneasy, but hopefully I was just overthinking this whole thing.

Draco sat beside me, and held my hand.

"I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Diggory wins," he uttered.

"Me too."

-

Time went by slowly. I sat nervously as I awaited the return of one of the Champions.

"This is so stupid. We're just staring at a dumb maze," Draco said, dramatically.

I couldn't help but laugh at his annoyance.

More minutes went by, and finally the band began to play again. Cheers erupted, and I looked down into the middle of the arena to see Harry. I jumped up and cheered with everyone else. I wish it were Cedric, but I was happy for Harry too. Draco stood up next to me, his arms crossed, and his expression cold.

"Unbelievable! Pottah won. That's so dumb," he spat.

I looked closer at Harry, and realized he was not alone. Infact, he was laying on someone, but I couldn't make out who because people were crowding around him.

'He's back. Voldemort is back. He killed him,' Harry mouthed.

My stomach dropped when I realized the person he was on top of was wearing yellow...which is what Cedric was wearing. I pushed my way through people celebrating, ignoring the people yelling at me as I pushed by. I ran to the middle of the arena where Harry lay, and collapsed.

Cedric was dead.

-

-

-

I stood up, annoyed. I could not believe Potter just won. Of all people, it had to be him.

Suddenly, Elizabeth pushed past me, her face cold and emotionless. She pushed through the crowds of celebrating people.

"Where's she going?" asked Blaise.

"I don't know. I mean, I knew she wanted Cedric to win, but I didn't think she'd be this upset."

I looked at Ellie who was sitting down, staring straight ahead. She wore the same emotionless expression that Elizabeth had.

Blaise noticed too, and wrapped his arm around her, "babe, it's okay. It's not the end of the world," he said.

"H-he's dead," she murmured.

"Dead? Who?" I asked.

All she did was point straight ahead. Blaise and I followed to where she was pointing, and I watched as Elizabeth ran to where the large group had gathered in the middle of the arena. She collapsed, and then I heard a man's voice yelling, "My boy! My beautiful boy!"

I sprinted down to where Elizabeth lay, shoving everyone out of my way. She sat beside Cedric's lifeless body - she looked like she was in shock.

I sat beside her, and then she fell into my chest. She was shaking violently, and I could hear her crying lightly. I wrapped my arms around her tightly. The other Rosewoods came down too. They all had tears in their eyes, but I knew Cedric's death really hit Elizabeth the hardest because she was the closest with him.

Her light cries turned into sobs, and Madam Pomfrey knelt down beside us.

"Mr. Malfoy, please let her go. We need to check her over," she said, placing a comforting hand on my back.

I nodded, and began to remove my arms from around Elizabeth's body, but she threw hers around me.

-

-

-

I sat in shock, just staring. I felt numb. Cedric was dead. My best friend who was like a brother to me was dead, and I had a feeling something bad would happen today, but I didn't stop him from competing. He was dead, and it was my fault.

Draco sat beside me, and I fell into him, burying my face in his chest without a care in the world about who saw us at this point.

I cried, and he held me close. I heard Amos's heartbreaking sobs which only made me cry harder.

"Mr. Malfoy, please let her go. We need to check her over," said a woman's voice.

Draco began to loosen his grip around me, but I didn't want to let go of him. I couldn't lose him like I lost Cedric. I needed him, so I threw my arms around him.

"I-I can't l-lose yo-you. P-please stay with m-me," I said in between sobs.

He wrapped his arms around me again, "I won't. I'm right here. They're going to help you," he whispered into my ear.

I finally looked up at my surroundings. Several faces looked at me from the stands. They all wore sorrowful and sympathetic expressions. My family was standing around us - they were all crying. Draco was looking down at me, holding me close, and then I looked over to see Cedric. My beautiful, amazing, kind, best friend...and his poor dad crying over his body. Just the sight of it made me sick...I quickly buried my face back into Draco's chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

774 20 16
Eliza Potter, twin sister of the beloved Harry potter finally comes to Hogwarts just in time for the Triwizard Tournament. She meets Draco Malfoy, he...
16.6K 505 38
Jacquline Callisto was given up as a child, to her adoptive family. No one knows her real last name, but no one thinks much of it. She started dating...
25.8K 503 29
Hermione and Draco has been childhood friends, but when Lucius, Draco's father,erased Hermione and Draco memory and make her thinks that she's a Mudb...
1.2K 59 11
Y/n L/n, the pureblood related to none other than Draco Malfoy, but they're complete opposites. She meets the famous Harry Potter, becomes a Gryffind...