Nobody Owns a Cat

By 1Nameless_Narrator

Driven out of the nearest city, lost and starving Nao stumbles upon a creepy mansion. Not realizing the occup... More

A Hungry Kitten
Cat Got Your Tongue?
A Nice Cage is Still a Cage
Impossible to Own a Cat
Kittens Are Slow Learners
Kittens Are Slow Learners 2
Weak as a Kitten
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Playing Cat and Mouse
The Lone Cat
Merry Christmas??
Can't Look at a Sleeping Cat and Be Tense
Cat Nap and Cat Scratch
A Sick Kitten
Curiosity Killed the Cat 2
Cats Are Connoisseurs of Comfort.
Time Spent With a Cat Is Never Wasted
Cat Nap
Cat Nap 2
Scalded Cats Fear Even Cold Water
Refuges From the Miseries of Life: Music and Cats
Cats Choose Us; We Don't Own Them
Cats Have the Courage to Live by Their Urges
Kittens Are Angels With Whiskers.
One Cat Leads to Another
What Greater Gift Than the Love of a Cat?
All You Need Is Love and a Cat.
A Cat Is a Puzzle for Which There Is No Solution.
Watty Awards

Like All Pure Creatures, Cats Are Practical

2.5K 116 3
By 1Nameless_Narrator

Subaru struggles to contain himself as Nao sleeps, the smell of the boy's blood filling the room from his self-inflicted wound. He almost gives in but Nao's peaceful face keeps him in line. He didn't want what happened with Shuu and the boy to happen again with him. The albino did not want to betray the little trust Nao had in him.

After a few hours, the smaller male woke up calmly. Subaru quickly turns his head away as to not be caught staring at him. Nao smiles softly at the male. Even after their first encounter, he had managed to warm up to the vampire some. Of course he was still cautious. "I had a good nap. Thanks."

There is a soft blush and a glare to hide it in response. "I didn't do anything. I was just waiting on you to wake up cause I am thirsty."

The cat boy doesn't fully believe his words, sighing softly. He wasn't sure why the albino was so insistent that he was a monster when he had been the least harmful of the brothers. "I guess I owe you one. Just try not to suck me dry." Why he offered his blood was a mystery to even Nao himself. It was almost as if he wanted Subaru to suck his blood. That wasn't something he would ever admit to though. A feeling that he wanted to get closer to the vampire had slowly bloomed since their first meeting in the rose garden.

To say the vampire was confused, would be an enormous understatement. He was so shellshocked, that he took quite a while to really understand the words said to him. Nao was pinned under him as soon as he comprehended the offer. "You. Did you not listen to what I told you before? I am the same as my brothers. I am a monster that only knows to destroy."

Again the boy under him wondered why the vampire, that was oh so bad, was giving him warnings with a concerned and pained look. "Yes, yes. I remember. You said you are very dangerous when you are thirsty right? So hurry and drink." He holds up his wrists to the albino's mouth. "Since I ate lots of good food, it should be fine."

It was hard for Subaru to understand this boy. It seemed no matter what he did, the small male was not afraid. He has beaten him and yelled and revealed his terrible nature. Still Nao looks up at him with clear, soft eyes filled with nothing but curiosity and certainty. He opens his mouth and quickly bites onto the offered wrist. The flavor that bursts into his mouth is like no other. If his heart would have been able to beat, it would be racing.

Subaru's bite is quite gentle, but he drinks quickly and feverly. The way his eyes never leave Nao's and the feeling of his cold tongue lapping at the new wound, brings a similar fever into the small male as well. The cat boy quickly covers his red face with his free arm and bites his bottom lip. Never before did he feel such a need to purr out with just a little bite. He could still feel the vampire's eyes piercing him, as if seeing every bit of him.

Cute was not a word that had ever came into the thoughts of the albino. Not until now. As he looked down at the hiding and trembling boy, that was all he could think. His fever grew to the point that it felt like his blood was boiling.

A few seconds pass, before Subaru pulls away. He didn't want to stop. The vampire wanted to plunge his fangs into all the bites left by the others and hold the boy close. A part of him wanted to drink and drink, till all of Nao's blood and the boy's life was his and his alone.

There is a soft sigh and a smile, as the cat boy moves his arm to look up at the blushing Subaru. It didn't go unnoticed that the albino had stopped before the boy felt dizzy. "You know Subaru, you say you are a monster but I don't believe it." He sits up, the vampire moving back a little to allow him to do so. Confusion can clearly be seen in his eyes. "To me, you feel more like a rose. A soft and gentle rose, protecting itself with many thorns."

Beet red, the vampire opens his mouth to say something to deny it. Yet, he couldn't think of a single thing when he was so amazed and embarrassed. "Tch. Think whatever you want." He grumbles, looking away.

Nao giggles. "I will." With that, he quickly slips out of bed and stretches.

Subaru's eyes follow the happily swaying tail. For just a moment, a soft smile lightens his face. The boy was really different. He understood and accepted the vampire like no one ever has, even when it came to the albino himself. That must be why Subaru felt for him like he never has any other. No feeling of wanting to destroy was there. Instead, he wished to protect and care for the boy.

After checking the time, Nao's mood quickly drops. He wishes that he had slept just a few more days now. "Ne Subaru? Can I stick with you at school?" Out of all the brothers, he would much rather be with the albino.

This was very clear and made said male feel happier than he thought it would. "Do what you want." He puts on an uncaring voice.

"If I could do what I wanted, I wouldn't go at all." Nao grumbles as he goes into his closet and changes into his uniform. He doesn't want to hear Reiji's nagging, so he wears it properly other than the tie and an added hat. He still had no clue how to tie ties.

When he walks out, the vampire is gone. The cat boy assumes that he went to get his own uniform on. So he heads to the entrance of the mansion alone. As expected, everyone but Yui and Ayato is already there by the time he arrives. Even Subaru had made it there before him, making him wish he could teleport too. Then he would just teleport away to escape.

Reiji quickly fixes the boy's tie, nagging about him not wearing it properly. "Well why tie it myself when you will do it for me." Nao lies about the reason, wanting to get on the vampire's nerves. It seemed the bespectacled male always had something to complain about.

Said vampire says something about punishment but Nao chooses to ignore him, looking around. "Where is Yui?"

"Bitch-chan fainted."

That was surprising as Ayato seemed to have been careful with her here lately.

"It is because she is not eating properly like I told her to. Ayato claims he didn't even drink from her." Reiji sighs in obvious annoyance.

The cat boy was very worried upon hearing that. "Are you sure she is alright? Why don't we take her to a hospital?"

"Ayato is keeping an eye on her and I already called a doctor on his insistence. Enough of the chit chat, we will be late if we do not leave now." Reiji says as he grabs onto Nao, who was attempting to sneak away.

Yui's condition made him want to stay even more, but he was forcibly dragged out and into the limo.

Spending school time with Subaru was way better than when he was stuck with the triplets. The albino was very quiet and surprisingly well behaved at school. Most of the cat boy's time was spent napping and evaluating escape options at the school.

Finally, the school day was over and they were back in the limo on the way home. Reiji had been staring at a very uncomfortable Nao for several minutes before speaking. "I am wanting to find out about the people or institution that made you. Are you sure there is nothing left of it?"

His expression hardens. "I doubt it. I burned the building to the ground."

The mention of fire now had Shuu looking uncomfortable and upset.

"Couldn't someone have escaped the fire?"

"There was no one left to try."

This was quite obviously shocking to the brothers. They knew he probably killed one or two to escape, but never did it cross their mind that he killed them all. "There is still a possibility of other testing facilities or paperwork in the hands of others affiliated."

"All of this was very illegal, and it wasn't the easiest thing to hide or produce you know. It took connections, skill, resources, kids, and lots of money. I doubt there were any more places. As for paperwork or whatever, maybe some things like receipt or contacts or even contracts. But they would have been careful that nothing too important would be exposed. They didn't want to get caught." Nao rolls his eyes, giving Reiji a duh look.

The vampire doesn't seem convinced. He was determined to learn more. "Do you at least know where it was?"

"I was kidnapped when I was very young, so no. Even when I escaped, I couldn't read and wasn't too focused on where I was, anyway. All I cared about was getting as far away as possible."

"You didn't try to find your parents?" Kanato spoke up to the cat boy's surprise.

He thought back to that time, walking out of the darkness and into the light of the outside. He had been covered in blood. The only thing in his panicked mind was to get to safety. So he made sure he would be safe from anyone knowing of him and ran. Even when his mind got calmer, he knew he couldn't return. "Even by some miracle, I found them with what little I remembered. I still couldn't return. I wasn't their child anymore. I was a freak of nature who killed many people. I can't even remember their faces, anyway." Nao had been in that place for so long, he wasn't the same person when he left.

It was silent the rest of the way back. The boy was a little bitter, but he was not sad. That was just his cruel long past fate. All that mattered was that he survived. Besides, you can't miss what you never had.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 4.9K 28
What would happen if a brother was added to the Sakamaki family? Instead of Subaru being the youngest,it was someone else? And what if..just what if...
2K 64 12
Ace is a brave Time Traveler with a little attitude. She is on a mission to save a world with the Hawkins kids. But a year later she got into a conve...
9.6K 153 19
Kailah and Vinnie have always had a complicated relationship. Or should I say Situationship. After months apart, new friendships and connections, mut...
35.6K 489 23
Four Kids must team up to save their world from their Arch Enemies.