𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔, peter p...

By -romanogers-

[ BEING RE-WRITTEN ] ❝you're scared to be lonely, especially in the night. i'm scared that i'll miss you, it... More

introduction and cast
01 ≫ field trip
02 ≫ superpowers?
03 ≫ uncle ben
04 ≫ small knives
05 ≫ tony stank
06 ≫ new suits
07 ≫ patrol
08 ≫ liz's party
09 ≫ medusa
10 ≫ damn daniel
11 ≫ wing woman
12 ≫ papa's pizzeria
13 ≫ apartment
14 ≫ the avengers
16 ≫ *gag* feelings
17 ≫ a forking broken wrist
18 ≫ pain killers
19 ≫ new suit
20 ≫ british boy
21 ≫ one direction
22 ≫ squirrels in my pants
23 ≫ inflatable dinosaurs
24 ≫ a gay wedding
25 ≫ christmas
26 ≫ morgan
27 ≫ hot rod
28 ≫ multiverse
29 ≫ blanket burrito
30 ≫ robin sherbatsky
31 ≫ lawn maintenance
32 ≫ forehead of security
33 ≫ raquel is a mood
34 ≫ peter's birthday
35 ≫ hallucinations
36 ≫ a 24 hour anxiety attack
37 ≫ athazagoraphobia
38 ≫ cuddles
epilogue ≫ hell yeah, let's go
thank you so much (and important info)
CHERISH- T. HOLLAND

15 ≫ reunited

1.2K 35 49
By -romanogers-

(Eliza's POV)

July 17th 2:45 am

Click. Bang. Crack.

Those were the three distinct noises in my nightmares for about four nights in a row. They didn't even have the decency to wake me up at a reasonable hour. So, after four nights of the same thing over and over again, I stopped sleeping. But who needs sleep anyways?

During my time 'not sleeping' I had been working on getting my Spiderwoman suit ready for patrol once again. The blood stains took about six hours to get out, until Mr. Stark came into my room, and saw what I was doing. He got mad at first that I had gotten blood on the suit, but then I explained to him who's blood it was.

I found out that the reason I needed my glasses again, was because I was losing my powers by doubting myself as Spiderwoman with those nightmares playing over and over in my head. But since I haven't slept in the past three days, I'm completely fine!

I still felt really weak though, there wasn't really an explanation for that.

In exactly 21 hours and 15 minutes, I would be able to talk to and see Peter. I really can't believe that we made it through this whole week without any communication. I hope he was doing better than me. I hadn't smiled all week.

(Peter POV)

July 17th 2:45 am

This past week without Eli was basically torture. I couldn't sleep and I still was really weak. There was a lot more time to hang out with Liz though. Usually she just sat at my desk on her phone. I found out that she has never watched Star Wars and I fell silent for about five minutes before I snapped out of it. I guess it was fine, she was nice. 

In 21 hours and 15 minutes I would be able to see Eli though, and that's what I've been focusing on this past week, the count down.

(3rd Person POV)

July 17th 11:45 pm

There were fifteen minutes until the pair of best friends would see each other and all the Avengers waited in anticipation for Peter to arrive. They all didn't really have anything else to do, so this was the best thing. 

Bucky walked into Eliza's room and saw her laying on her bed, with her phone in hand. She had insane bags under her eyes and was dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt, just like she had been for the past week. Everyone guessed that she wasn't usually like this, and that she just missed Peter. Which was true.

"Whatcha doing kiddo?" Bucky asked.

Eliza looked up from her phone, "Reading Harry x Draco fan fiction, what are you doing?" 

"Waiting for your best friend to show up," Bucky said.

"Me too," she said.

"So you're reading gay fan fiction to pass the time?" he asked.

"That's exactly what I'm doing," she said plainly.

Bucky stared at her for a moment until he said, "Eh, it's okay. I do that too." He looked at the clock and saw that it said 11:59 pm.

"Alright he's here!" Tony yelled from the living room.

Eliza scrambled out of her bed as fast as she could tripping and stumbling all the way to the door. Bucky laughed at her and she glared, running out of the room. 

Peter stood by the couch, waiting for Eliza. He heard someone tripping and assumed it was her so he bounced up and down on his feet impatiently. Eliza tripped into the living room and once they saw each other, their faces lit up with happiness. It was the first time Eliza had smiled in a week.

She ran up to him and threw her arms around his neck, her legs wrapped around his waist. He caught her in an instant and hugged her as tightly as he could. It was like both of them had finally gotten the strength back that they had been missing for a week. 

Peter kissed the top of her head and whispered, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," she whispered back. It was like time had stopped for the two of them and they were in their own little world, with only each other. 

Although they were broken out of their trance by a small sniffle. They turned toward the noise to see Sam tearing up.

"Sam are you crying?" Tony asked.

"What? No...that was just the cutest damn shit I've ever seen in my life," he said and they all bursted out laughing. 

Eliza looked at Peter in the eyes and sighed in content, "Peter, you cunning, pliable, chestnut haired sun fish."

"Eliza, you poetic, noble, land-mermaid," he said. They grinned at each other and the rest of the Avengers looked at each other very confused. (a/n- it's a parks and rec reference lol)

"Oh my goodness Peter I have so much to tell you. So this whole week without you, I felt like really weak for some reason and now that you're here it's all gone and I feel a lot better," Eliza said.

"No way me too! It's so weird right?!" Peter exclaimed.

Tony and Bruce looked at each other and said at the same time, "I think we need to run some tests."

-----------------------------------

"Ok so it looks like when you guys both got bitten," Tony said, "the spider's somehow shared a connector to the brain's serotonin field, and part of the cerebellum. Which, Eliza, is probably why you have been tripping everywhere."

Eliza smiled sheepishly and Peter said, "But what does this have to do with the spider bite?"

"Basically, the spider's venom that bit you guys, is still inside of you. Which is giving you your powers. But, whenever you guys are apart from each other for long periods of time, your serotonin levels become increasingly low and you will feel weaker than usual. It also affects your ability to sleep well and gives you minor insomnia," Bruce said.

Peter said, "So basically, if we stay apart from each other we become depressed and can't sleep?"

"Yes." Tony and Bruce said.

"Ohhh. Peter," Eliza said and he turned towards her, "this makes sense, because it was like as soon as you left, a gust of air hit my eyes and they would. not. stop. watering. It was crazy, so I went to see Dr. Banner, expecting it to be allergies or something...turns out, depression."

Peter smiled at her and said, "God I missed you." 

Eliza smiled back and turned her head, trying to hide the light blush on her cheeks. 

----------------------------------

July 18th 5:30 am

After Peter and Eliza got done with the testing at around 12:30 am, they went back to Eliza's room and cuddled in her bed, talking for five hours.

"Your room looks so plain," Peter said.

"Hey! I haven't really been focusing on decorating," she said.

"Oh really? What have you been doing?" he asked.

"Umm, I-I put on my suit yesterday," she bit her lip.

Peter sat up and looked down at her, "Eli! That's amazing! I'm proud of you." He leaned back down and kissed her cheek, then put his head on her stomach. She blushed, but he couldn't see.

Eliza chuckled and ran her hands through his hair. A few minutes later, Peter started to close his eyes and she sighed.

"Pete, let go of me, I have to pee," she said. He held onto her tighter.

"Nooo," he mumbled onto her stomach, sending vibrations through her body, "I can't let you go. I haven't seen you in a week and I swear my brain was going to explode. My girlfriend is the most boring person alive."

Eliza raised her eyebrows and her lifted his head up, "Omg did I say that out loud?" She laughed and pushed him off of her, making her way to the bathroom. 

(~time skip~)

July 19th 8:00 am

Peter's eyes fluttered open and he saw Eliza's face right in front of his, their noses touching. He backed up a bit to study her sleeping figure. 

The bags under her eyes were gone, not like they had been when he first got there. There was a small smile on her pink lips, like she was happy again. He kissed her forehead and then got out of the bed and went to the kitchen, to make her some coffee.

When he got out of the room, he was greeted by Tony, Natasha, and Steve who were sitting in the living room. They raised their eyebrows at him and he said, "What?"

"You guys have been in there for like twenty-four hours," Natasha said. Peter's eyes went wide.

"Really?" He looked at the clock on the microwave and it said it was 7:00 am, "Well I fell asleep at 6:00 am so I guess we slept for 25 hours...huh." He shrugged and went to the kitchen.

"That's good. I don't think she was getting any sleep," Tony said.

"Yeah, neither was I," Peter said, and looked around for the coffee maker. He gasped and said, "NO WAY YOU HAVE PEPPERMINT COFFEE???!!!"

Steve laughed and said, "Eliza said how much you liked that stuff."

"She did?"

"Yeah, you were literally all she talked about all week. Got pretty boring actually," Mr. Stark said, putting his hands behind his head. Peter blushed a little and made two cups of coffee. 

When he got back to Eliza's room, she was sitting up on the bed, with squinted eyes, like she just woke up. 

"Hey man," she said.

"Hey. I was thinking that maybe we could check out the new training facility today," Peter said.

Eliza perked up, "That would be cool. I didn't have the chance to go over there yet."

"Why, too busy not decorating your room?" Peter joked. She hit him in the chest and grabbed the coffee.

"No, I was busy crying because I missed you, idiot," she said. 

"Aww," he said. Eliza rolled her eyes and took a sip.

Once they finished their coffee, they brushed their teeth and got dressed. Peter wore some basketball shorts and a black t-shirt. Eliza put on some black leggings and an oversized t-shirt, with a sports bra underneath.

They made their way to the training center, Peter's laughter filling the hallway, Eliza's favorite noise in the world.

Inside of the room, they found Natasha and Steve in the middle of sparring, so they sat on one of the nearby benches. Natasha threw a punch at Steve, but he blocked it with the palm of his hand and smirked, punching her in the gut, making her fall to the floor. But Nat immediately got back up, putting her hands behind her head to help push her up and sprung back up into a standing position.

Peter leaned over to Eliza and whispered, "tHaT wAs mAjEsTiC." She giggled. He looked around the room and saw some treadmills. He pointed to them and Eliza groaned. 

"Ugh. Running is the worst, I mean I know it keeps you healthy, but god, at what cost?" Eliza said. Peter laughed and she smiled.

"Ok, then we could try the punching bags?" he suggested and she nodded. They made their way over to the punching bags and put on some boxing gloves.

(~time skip~)

July 19th 11:00 am 

Eliza and Peter had been in the training center for about two hours, they did several exercises, working their whole body. It was nice to get some physical activity in and let out some air.

"You know what?" Eliza breathed, turning to Peter.

"What?"

"I wanna go out tonight," she said. Peter furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you mean like on a date with a guy? Is it Levi? I swear to god if it's Levi-" Peter started, making his hand into a fist.

Eliza laughed and put a hand on his shoulder, "Nonononono I mean out like go on patrol again."

Peter's face contorted from anger to happiness, "Really? That's so great! I think I can go with you too- ah this is gonna be so fun."

Eliza smiled at his excitement and went into the boxing ring, Peter following her. She was about to punch him, but then she stopped.

"I don't want to hurt you," she said.

"Um, okay. I could get you mad at me or something," Peter shrugged and Eliza nodded, "Okay...how to insult you...um you're ugly."

Eliza blinked at him and then said, "Ok listen. Am I the most attractive girl in the world? No. But do I have a great personality?" she put her arms down, "Also no. But do I wake up every morning and try to be the best person I can? Again, no."

Peter said, "No Eli. I was joking, you're like the prettiest girl I know." Both of their eyes widened and Eliza's cheeks heated up, "I-wait no. I mean- no you're not. Wait- yes you are. No, not like that, I mean, you're breathtaking-"

"NO YOUR BREATHTAKING!!!!" Eliza screamed, then kicked him in the stomach.

Peter fell down onto the floor and laughed. "That was good. But you have to punch me or something." He got back up and put his fists in front of his face.

"Ok throw me some more insults or something. Cause you know-" she started.

"Yes. You have minor anger issues," Peter said.

Eliza furrowed her eyebrows, "What? No I don't!" She punched him in the chest but he didn't move. 

He laughed, "You're so tiny."

Eliza grabbed his wrist and pulled on it, making him flip over onto his back. She stepped on one of wrists and squatted down to his level and said, "Think I'm tiny now bitch?"

Peter pulled his wrist out of her grip and flipped her over, making her lay on her back. He straddled her and leaned down close to her face, his breath fanning her lips. 

"Yeah I do," he whispered. Eliza looked right into his chocolate brown eyes and saw him glance at her lips.

She quickly pushed him off of her and got up off the floor. 

What just happened? 

Peter got back up and took a sip of his water. Eliza's eyes widened as she watched his sharp jaw clench- wait no. He has a girlfriend. She can't think of him like that.

"I-um. I-I-uh. I'll meet you at Radio City. Um...bye," Eliza said, starting to walk out of the training center.

"Are you sure? That's in Manhattan," Peter called out.

"Uh-yeah. More exercise!" Eliza yelled, then ran to her room. Steve and Natasha gave each other a look. They had seen the whole thing and could definitely sense the sexual tension. Although, anyone from a mile away could sense it. 

the end.

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAH I GOTCHU. probably not but oh well. um ok then...bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.5K 31
Peter's life isn't great, his home life is terrible, and his school days seem to be getting worse. So when he meets a war criminal, he really believ...
86.6K 3.6K 53
Y/N feels like the only person in the world who hates superheroes. Tony Stark is possibly her least favourite person in the world, especially since h...
385K 11.5K 56
PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushed when you move away to another state. E...
76.9K 2K 34
{this book is currently going through an extensive editing process. writing styles may not line up between chapters and some plot points may not matc...