Savior with Pride Bakugo x Re...

Por QueenGround_Zero

🫀CURRENTLY TAKING A BREAK🫀 ⚠️THIS TAKES PLACE IN THE FUTURE😃⚠️ I want to make this book comfortable for e... Más

Chapter 2- Another meeting
Chapter 3- A date?
Chapter 4- A hero's gamble
Chapter 5- A one-time proposal?
Chapter 6- Katsuki Bakugo
Chapter 7- I'm not oblivious
Chapter 8- His mistake
Chapter 9- Consequences
Chapter 10- Out of the city for now
Chapter 11- Another day doing nothing
Chapter 12- The Truth
Chapter 13- Clarifying Past Memories/Present
Chapter 14- Impossible
Chapter 15- Years in the Academy
Chapter 16- Your decision
Chapter 17- Meeting Once Again
Chapter 18- Is this it?
Chapter 19- He's Back
Chapter 20- His return

Chapter 1- The promise

952 21 18
Por QueenGround_Zero

Throughout the whole trip out of town, you keep telling yourself that the only reason why you are in this mess in the first place is because of your job. You make your way out of your car and take your camera with you. Your job is simple, walk inside the old building and take pictures, nothing would happen, right?

You step inside the old building, shaking while you keep making your way inside. You look at the cracked walls and cover your nose due to the dusty air. You look down at your phone and try to make a phone call to your boss, trying to let him know that you are in the place you are supposed to be. For some reason, the call couldn't go through so you turn around to make your way out of the building. Due to the amount of dust in the building, you sneeze very loudly and your eyes went wide open as soon as you realize that this could probably be your last day on earth.

If you don't understand, let me give you a quick rundown on what happened.

___

It was a beautiful morning, you step inside your job with a handmade coffee you made from home. You walk inside the building, greeting all of your co-workers, and also making sure to smile as bright as you can.

When you arrive in your office, you set down your bag and make your way to your boss's office because he had something for you to do today. You softly knock on the brown wood door in front of you and fix your blouse. You are one of the finest journalists in Japan right now, you get your job done nicely and you always get blackmailed to bring down the stories you have published due to the amount of authenticity there is in your work.

You step inside your boss's office and he looks up at you with a look you know way too well now. This was the look of 'oh Y/N, I need you to do something really crazy, you're not going to like it!!' You sit down in one of the chairs and shake your head in disapproval, whatever he is going to say next could risk you putting your life in danger.

"Please Y/N, I will raise your paycheck to 5%!" you scoff at his attempt at buying your safety. The last time he gave you that look, you had to stalk a villain into their hideout. That did not only cost you a major ankle fracture, it also cost you a broken arm. You look at him in the eye and keep denying everything he is going to demand you to do.

"You didn't  even hear what I have to say Y/N, just hear me out." You hum not even paying attention to what he is going to say. You look down at your nails and analyze them while you hear your boss clearing his throat.

"There's that old building Pro-Hero Deku and Dynamight used to fight in their childhood. I need you to go take a picture of it for your new newspaper." You look up to the smirking freak in front of you, did you hear right or was it your imaginations? Old building? Pro-hero Deku and Dynamight?

"I will like to politely decline this offer sir but nice try." You politely said and got off the chair without looking back at your boss and making your way to the door.

"If you take one step out of this room Ms.Y/N, your paycheck will decrease by 15%." You turn to look at your boss and sigh while taking the floating paper that is in his hand. You walk out of the room and look down at the paper, seeing an address. You walk to your office and take your camera then walk down to the garage.

It's too early in the morning for this, the only reason why you accepted this quest was because of pro-hero Dynamight. You like him not only as a hero but more than that. You went to UA back in his days but you weren't following the hero course, you were more in the general studies. You had eyes for him since the day he stopped a villain from robbing you. For some reason, he probably didn't even know you liked him. You all graduated and never have personally seen each other again.

You are writing a newspaper about your old classmate Dynamight and his previous days before becoming a pro-hero. You needed every single detail on his past, that's probably the reason why you are making your way out of town to that abandoned building. This is how you end up here, right here, right now, in this situation.

___

When you start to feel the building shake, you couldn't run as fast as you can because of your heels. You feel an arm grab you and the next thing you know is that you are outside of the abandoned building and your body is against someone's chest. You slowly open your eyes and look to see who's the owner of the chest you are pressed against. You utter a loud scream when you see the familiar red eyes staring at you. In the back, you hear the building collapse and you press your face on the crook of his neck. You wince in pain and look back to meet the same red eyes.

"Looks like I saved your life once again, loser." The familiar blond hair guy says and you quickly stand up. You look behind you and see the collapsed building, what are you going to do? You turn back to see Pro-Hero Dynamight or should I say, Bakugo leaving the place. You run to him and quickly stop him before he leaves.

"Bakugou, thank you!" he scoffs and walks past you but you walk to him and stop him from leaving again.

"Please"........you take out a piece of paper from your pockets and hand it to him with a sharpie. "Bakugo, why are you leaving? Can you please sign me an autograph?" He scoffs and takes the small piece of paper from your hands. After signing the piece of paper, he hands you back the paper and you silently squeal. You watch him walk away but you run after him. He stops and looks at you.

"Why are you saying please? You freak?"

"Isn't that part of having manners? Anyways, it's been a long time Bakugo, mind if we catch up?"

He looks down at you and you look up at his red eyes. You guys keep looking at each other in the eye until you hear a phone ring. You check your pocket to see if it was your phone but you see the tall blonde hair guy in front of you, taking his phone out of his pockets. You clear your throat and look down on the floor. Why can't you just tell him how you feel? You, the woman who is ready to face danger with a useless quirk, can't even tell pro-hero Dynamight your feelings. How can you be so frail? How can you be such a coward?

"A villain attack............on my way............. yeah, give me 30 minutes you loser." You look up to the worried man in front of you and sigh. You weren't quite useless, your quirk was nature. You can grow plants and make them weapons if you want but the thing is fighting wasn't something you enjoyed doing. That's the main reason why you chose to be a journalist, you clearly can protect yourself when you need to.

"Hey loser, how long can we make it back to the city?" Bakugou asks and you take out your keys from your gray trench coat.

"Depending on how fast you want to be there."

"In 30 minutes." He says and you look at him confused. How are you going to make it back to the city in 30 minutes? It took you 1 hour and 30 minutes to arrive here in the first place. You look at him worried and he grunts in anger. He hands out his hands and you place the car keys in his hands and walk to your car.

"Bakugo, please don't crash my car, I bought it a week ago." He glares at you and opens his car door. He didn't even open the door for you, unbelievable. You sit down in the car and quickly place more storage in your camera. This is something you can't miss for anyone, this is one story that everyone will be reading tomorrow so you have to hurry.

You hear your phone ring and you take it out of your pockets. You answer the call and put the phone on speaker because you are changing your heels to flats.

"Y/N, how long can you make it to the city?" You roll your eyes and pick up your phone and take it out of speaker mode. You hear the same familiar voice through your phone and place the phone on your ears.

"I'm almost there sir." You sigh and hang up the phone. From your peripheral vision, you see Bakugou staring at you and you turn to stare at him. You look in front of you and see how much Bakugou is speeding and you squeal in shock.

"Bakugo, maybe you should slow down, don't you think so?" He grunts at you and continues speeding. For some reason, he turns to look at you and slow down a little. You also take a good look at his face and look down at your feet. You take out your MacBook from your bag and look at the news. After you realize the situation, you sigh and start to write your paper. You type as fast as you can and look up when you hear Bakugou clear his throat.

"So you're a journalist now huh?"

"Yeah, I realize that hero work wasn't my biggest strength." You look down, continue typing your paper, and making sure that you have proper grammar. Bakugou takes a right turn to the highway and you sigh, closing your computer and placing it in your bag.

"It's been so long Bakugo, how has it been? Any wife yet?" You ask looking at him driving. He takes a quick glance at you and looks back at the road. It hurts asking this question but you ask it anyway. You can't be waiting around for a man who is so oblivious of how you feel. Knowing Bakugou for the longest, he surely has a girlfriend or a wife. What were you thinking when you ask this?

"My girlfriend and I broke up a month ago." You look at his sad face and look down at your lap. You feel a rush of happiness but for some reason, you feel guilty for being happy about that. You have never seen Bakugou so sad like this, it hurts you. You look back up to him and sigh.

"Sorry for asking Bakugo."

"It's fine, loser. What's up with you calling me Bakugo? Back in the days, you used to call me Bakubro, Bakuhoe, and Dandelion." You chuckle remembering the days that you and Bakugo used to hang out with each other. He used to be such a crackhead back then, he seems to have matured. You smile looking down at your lap, he is so beautiful. There's no way such a beautiful man and a rich man will look at someone like you. There's no way, it's just not possible.

"I just became more mature, that's all." You say and you hear Bakugo chuckle. Even his laugh is beautiful. How can such a perfect human being even look at you?

"What about you? Do you have a partner, shit hair?." This is the first time he calls you that and you look up at him but he just keeps staring at the road. How can he think that you have a boyfriend? You barely even have time to sleep at night, how the hell will you have time to date? You scratch the back of your neck nervously and look down.

"Well, not really."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, let's just say I have eyes for someone." You say and look at the road in front of you. You see a bunch of people gathered in a place and you sigh while taking your camera.

"We're here Bakugo."

"I know." He quickly gets out of the car and goes into one of the alleys and sees him take out a suitcase. I guess that it's his hero outfit, you shrug and get out of the car. You quickly run toward the crowd and make your way through the crowd. You get your camera ready to take pictures of the heroes. Bakugou later comes in the scene and then he and pro-hero Deku do their duo thingy and everything is back to normal. You make your way to your car but stops as soon as you hear one hero talk.

"Medics! We need medics!" You turn around and look at a civilian on the floor, bleeding out. You didn't want to get into the hero's business, so you walk away but stop as soon as you hear someone call your name.

"Y/N, please?" You sigh and turn to look at Deku who's giving you space to use your quirk. You fall on your knees next to the guy and place your hands on his chest. About half of the medicine we use today comes from trees and your quirk allows you to make anything from nature. You sigh and grow some leaves from your palms and they surround Deku while your hair floats. This is the last time you will be doing this. After a while, your hair falls back on your shoulder and you get up while handing your hands to Deku. He takes it and gets up while bowing to you.

"Thank you" You nod and make your way back to your car. You see a familiar guy standing in front of your car and you look at him. The man is none other than Bakugo, he managed to win the fight without getting any injuries. You open your car door and set your camera in one of the seats in the back and close the door. You walk to Bakugo and sigh looking up at him.

"You win as always, right Katsuki?" What are you even thinking? Just take the damn pictures and go back to work. What are you doing here talking with Bakugo when you have a bunch of papers to write? You ignore the voices in your head that are telling you to leave and continue staring at the red eyes.

"We're parting ways again Y/N?" You look at him and smile lightly. There's no way you guys will be parting ways. Your job is to analyze Dynamight for the rest of the year so there's absolutely no way.

"Not really Bakugo. Me and you both know that no matter what, I will always be here to support you. Even though we both are far apart and in two different worlds, I will always support you. Remember the promise I made you?" You say and he keeps looking at you. You smile knowing that he actually remembered.

"No matter where we end up, we shall never forget each other." You say together and you quirky wrap your arms around him and smile. If you could stay like this forever you wouldn't complain. All you want right now is to tell him how you feel and yet you still can't bring yourself to tell him. You are such a coward? Aren't you embarrassed at how you can admit things that are hard to admit but you still can't tell him how you feel?

You pull away and take a good look at him. You look at the familiar determined red eyes and walk back to your car. You catch the keys he throws at you and opens your car. I hope this isn't our last goodbye Dynamight. You thought then drove away and see him waving goodbye at you and you quickly wave goodbye at him also. You see Deku come to him and you smile, they were rivals back then, glad to see them working together.

You were the one that used to help Bakugo during his difficult time at UA. You didn't do much, you were just here to help him see what being a hero actually meant. You used to help him do so much but never ask anything in return. You always used to believe that Bakugo will accomplish his dreams, you have never doubted him, not even once. He would be lying if he says that he never realized what you did for him. Never has he heard you even ask him for anything in return, that's just who you are as a person. You help others without asking things in return and believe me when I tell you that this was something he admired in you.

You park in front of the familiar building and put your heels back on. You get out of your car making sure to take your computer and your camera. You walk inside the elevator to your office and set your bag in one of the chairs. You couldn't believe what you just did, after 11 years you met Bakugo and this is how you guys met. After 11 years your feelings never died for him, aren't you embarrassed. Well, I'm sorry to inform you, but I am embarrassed for you. You hear a knock on your door and you get up and open the door.

"Boss needs you!" You walk out of your office with the camera in your hands. You walk to your boss's office and knock on the door. Today is definitely the day you will get fired, you only managed to take one picture of the building but it was blurry.

"Sir, before you say anything-"

"Sit down" you gulp and sit down in the chair in front of him. He looks at you and you look at him. What is going on?

"Congratulations Y/N, you healed an innocent civilian. You are currently making the headlines, you know?" You sigh. When I tell you that you almost died in this office, I'm not kidding. You smile at your boss and bow, you take out your camera and show him the pictures you took. He looks proud of your work as always. You and the boss are friends from college, you guys just like acting like there is no friendship between you two.

You walk back to your office and open your personal computer to write your blog about what happened today. You are so lost in your newspaper that you didn't realize that it's night time. You turn off your computer packing up for the day when you hear a soft knock on your door. You walk to open the door and you see your boss standing in the doorway.

You take a good look at him and analyze him for a brief moment. Your boss is only 1 month older than you meaning that he is close to your age. He has black hair and he is taller than you. He has brown eyes and he has a questionable fashion sense. You would be lying if you said that he wasn't handsome but you never liked him romantically. You take him as your older brother because you both went to college together. You smile at him and let him in the office.

"Were you getting ready to leave?" You nod, taking your bag from the chair and looking at him.

"Yeah, I'm going home." You walk out of the room and he follows you behind. You turn off the light and lock the door behind you.

"Same but do you mind dining with me tonight?" You look at him scratching the back of his neck nervously and smile at him. You guys usually dine with each other but in a friendly way, you've never thought of him as something more than friends. Little did you know that dining with you in a friendly way wasn't his intention. 

You sit inside your car and set your bag in the back seat and hit the road. He said that it was okay if you go home and change, maybe that way you guys could walk to the restaurant. He waits inside of your formal living room while you wash up in the bathroom. You wear a black mini dress and a brown trench coat on top. Then you wear your black heels and your black crossbody bag and make your way out of your apartment. Your apartment was nowhere near small and nowhere near large. It was spacious enough for 14 people to live in it, you did actually spend your paycheck on making your life better than it used to be.

"So boss, where are we going?" You tease your friend because you know he hates you calling him that when you guys aren't at work.

"Stop it Y/N!!" You chuckle and wrap your coat around your body, it's usually cold at night.

"Fine. Daniel, where are we going?" He smiles and looks down at you.

"At this restaurant that just opened." I squeal and tug on his coat, for some reason he smiles at you.

You guys arrive at the restaurant and for some reason, Daniel already had a reservation for two people. The waiter guides you inside the fancy restaurant and you take off your coat before sitting down. You look over at the menu and your eyes travel up and down the menu.

"I'll take the lasagna and the lemonade." You close the menu and look at him patiently choosing what he wants to eat.

"I'll take the steak and red wine." You smile, something just never changes. He closes the menu and looks at you. You guys talk about nothing until your food comes and you guys start eating the food. You guys finish eating your diner and you both are now walking through the park.

"Tell me Y/N, do you have a crush on anyone?" You stop and look at Daniel. Where did the question come from? You have a crush on Bakugo, isn't that visible enough? Probably no. You look at the tall man in front of you and sigh.

"No, not really." He nods and you continue walking. For some reason, his eyes lit up in happiness. What's wrong with him? Is he sick? You brush the thought off your shoulder and continue walking home. You arrive in front of your apartment and unlock the door.

"So, it looks like we're here. I had a great night with you Daniel, we should do this more often."

You turn to look at Daniel who is slowly making his way to you. He nods agreeing with you but he never stops walking towards you. You look at him, very confused about what's going on. He pins you against the wall and you stare into his brown eyes. He slowly leans his face down to your height and you place your hand on his chest to stop him. You have no idea what's going on here or how you should react.

"D-D-Daniel? M-maybe you should......go home." He didn't bother listening to you when you felt something warm on your lips. Did he just kiss you? Is that how you lose your first kiss? But you were saving your first for Bakugo. Your eyes are wide open, unable to process what's going on. Is this a dream or is Daniel actually kissing you? Daniel, a guy you take as a brother is kissing you? Daniel stops when he realizes that you are not kissing him back and pulls away in shock. You look at him and he looks at you, what just happened?

"I'm sorry......shit......have a great night." He sadly says and turns around to leave. You call out his name but he runs away. You walk inside your apartment and close the door behind you. You take off your coat and slide down the door. What just happened? You take your phone out of your bag and dial Daniel's number but he didn't answer. What the hell? Tomorrow is Saturday, he won't be in his office. Maybe you'll go to his house and talk to him. You get off the floor and walk to your kitchen, still unable to understand what happened.

You change into your pajamas and brush your teeth before you go to bed. Not once you even thought that he would like you, he made it very clear that he didn't like you. At least that's what you thought but when you clearly look at what he has done for you, there's no way any normal human being would miss. He brings you coffee almost every morning without you having to pay him back. He usually drives you home when you don't bring your car. He went across town in order to buy you your favorite pizza. He protects you against these guys that were crazy obsessed with you. Heck, he even almost got shot for you, but somehow you still manage to be oblivious. No, you were not oblivious, you were just crazy over Dynamight that you didn't realize that people actually loved you.

You place your phone on your nightstand and pull the cover over your body and slowly drift to sleep. You have to fix this mess but how though? When all you could think about is Dynamight. Get a hold of yourself Y/N, if you are waiting for Katsuki Bakugo to come around then you'll just die single and a virgin. However you didn't manage to get any sleep, the hint of sadness in Daniel's eyes was enough to keep you awake throughout the whole night. Why didn't you kiss him back? Were you waiting for a man who has no idea about how you feel to come around? Well, that was part of the reason why you didn't kiss back but there's more to it than Bakugo. The reason why you didn't kiss him back is that he took you by surprise, it's because you don't know how to kiss.....that's why.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

304K 8.2K 32
『𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆...』 Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...
31.1K 898 14
⚠️Warnings⚠️ *Angst *Swearing *Death *Depression *Cutting If you are sensitive to any of this, you have been warned. Kirishima starts to all of a sud...
201K 9K 60
{{UNDERGOING RE-EDITING}} [This book contains: •Strong language •Fluff so sweet it'll rot your teeth •Gore •Sexual content] Living a normal life had...
38.5K 1.2K 13
I'm honestly ashamed of this book. I wrote it some time ago and it just has so many things wrong in it and is overall cringe. I am planning to write...