Haunted Beasts

By Tadiwanshe

Heaven Ross has always been weird and different and she was okay with that but after starting afresh at a ne... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
A/N
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
EPILOGUE : PART 1

CHAPTER 36

11 4 0
By Tadiwanshe

After the Rosemont sisters leave I stay by Ronnie's side. Cassandra had to reverse her memories for the second time and apparently she had to put to her to sleep as well.

As I watch her sleep I realize that Cassandra was right, Ronnie does look beautiful when she's asleep. Not that she's ugly but she just looks so pretty and serene when she's unconscious.

Even when she's asleep I can hear her thoughts or are they her dreams, I'm not entirely sure. But I'm sure of one thing, she's thinking about Cassandra.

It might be a little difficult to read or understand other nonhuman's thoughts but normal humans I can read just fine. Especially if they are as transparent as my dear stepsister.

She likes her, she likes her a lot. Just like Cassandra, Ronnie believes Cassandra is perfect. She also struggles to understand what's so appealing about Cassandra for she has never felt like this before.

I have to force myself out of her head because I don't want to know anymore about how much she admires Cassandra. I can't believe my sister has a crush on my nonhuman sister. Talk about complicated. I have to shut this down, nothing good will come out of this.

I'm not prejudiced, especially given the fact that I'm also a nonhuman who's dating a human but I remember Cassandra telling me that she already has a soulmate. I recall the bittersweet ending of that forbidden romance but it's still romance nonetheless. I don't want Ronnie to fall who loves someone else.

And like she said, Cassandra is an angel so there's no chance she will even entertain the idea of dating a human. They don't even approve of my relationship with Sky so I doubt they are open to the idea of dating humans.

But even though I know this, I also know what I saw between Cassandra and a sleeping Ronnie. If there are feelings involved they aren't one sided.

Once I'm back in my own room I decide to take a bath. After what Amelia and Nikolina told me about Aurora going on a rampage with my body I feel the need to clean myself.

But of course I can't even do that in peace because my dear demon friend chooses this exact moment to show herself. I don't want to face her right now mostly because I don't know what to say to her. I feel like I should be angry with her but at the same time I feel like I owe her my life.

"I have come to ask for your forgiveness."

Her words completely surprise me mostly because I wasn't expecting them.

"I lost control and that was wrong. I want to say it I'm sorry for how I ended his life but I can't bring myself to apologise for it."

"Then what are you apologizing for?" I ask.

"Scaring your sister. I'm very sorry."

I sit up straight in the tub. "It's all taken care of, don't worry."

"We both know it's not."

Yeah I know it's not. Ronnie may never remember seeing Aurora but at what cost? The more time she spends with Cassandra, the more attached she gets to her.

"Unfortunately your sister's heartache is inevitable. We have all been there. The only difference is she's human so the chances that an evil Mistress Rosemont will come and curse her are highly unlikely."

And just like that we have shifted from Ronnie to Aurora. I briefly wonder if Cassandra is right and Aurora is really just manipulating me. It seems plausible because Aurora does benefit from having on her side. Also there's the fact that she's always so tight lipped about the alleged evil deeds of Mistress Rosemont.

"Do you doubt me, Heaven?"  She asks, clearly reading my mind.

"I don't know what to believe anymore." Which is the truth really. I'm starting to have doubts about Aurora's innocence. If how she killed that demon is any insight on her personality, it's that she's no one's victim.

"You are going to judge me because of something I can't control? Do you have any idea what it's like to be trapped in the unknown? To be alone? To not feel anything but the constant pain of missing your beloved?" She starts to cry and I find it impossible not to feel her pain. "I'm no saint but I'm not a monster. I killed that demon yes, but didn't I save your life doing it? I don't care about what they tell you but you need to make up your mind on whether you believe it or not."

And so I make up mind. I want to believe Aurora. She lives in me and it's best to be on good terms with her. Besides she had the chance to overpower me and take control of my body forever but she didn't. She wanted to, I felt her desire and longing to have a life once again but she didn't. She decided to respect me and for that she has my trust.

I reach out to touch her but of course my hand just passes through her. I don't know why I keep forgetting she's not entirely real, maybe it's because I can see her and talk to her but then again I'm the only one who can do that.

"It's okay Heaven. At least you can talk to me." She sounds so sad that my heart aches for her. "It's better than nothing and I had nothing for a while, centuries to be exact."

"I believe you. You are not a monster." I say, trying to control the tears that are threatening to fall.

"But she was a monster. She destroyed me. Remember when I told you about why she cursed me?"

"Yes." Of course I remember.

"After Soliaire was banished along with the rest of his followers Mistress Rosemont started keeping a tight leash on us. She didn't want to lose anymore of her children but she couldn't keep an eye on all of us."

"You still kept in contact with the humans." I say, reading her mind.

"Yes. One of my sisters in particular kept close contact with the humans because she fell for one."

Somehow I'm not entirely surprised. It all seems these Angels do is break the rules and fall for the wrong men.

"Yes it seems we were created to break the rules." She jokes. "But unlike my love with James, my sister's love with the human had a consequence."

"What?"

"A baby."

My eyes widen due to the shock I'm feeling in this particular moment. A baby? A baby who belongs to an Angel and a human. That sounds like....

"No. It isn't you."

"I know." But for a moment I thought I was that baby because I'm the offspring of an Angel and a human but like Aurora said it can't me because well that would mean I'm over a hundred if not thousand years old and I'm only seventeen.

"When the Mistress found out she surprised us by welcoming the human. A baby is a blessing, she would say."

"So Mistress Rosemont was okay with the baby and the human coming into the land of the nonhuman?" Somehow I find that hard to believe.

"Remember when I said you couldn't this particular baby? That's because the baby never made it into the world of the living. She died at birth."

My heart drops. "Oh my God!"

"They did everything to save the child but it was pointless. She was dead and already in the spirit world. Mistress consoled the grieving parents by telling them that it was God's plan. For a while things were rocky in the land of Xnandria. It was like we all lost a child. And in my time of grieving that's when I met him."

"James."

She smiles at the thought of the love of her life and if I wasn't still saddened by the story of the still born baby I would smile with her.

"It was my first time in the human world. I wanted to see what humans looked like, what color they were. Mistress always said they were dangerous but that's not what I saw. Humans lived an enticing and before I knew it I was tempted to become one of them.

"But at the end of the day it wasn't a human tempting, it was a demon. The first time I laid eyes on James he was lying on the ground, dying because he couldn't feed. Apparently he was one of those demons with a conscience."

"How time has changed him." I know I probably sound cold but I can't help it. He tried to kill Sky and that's unforgivable.

"He wasn't always like that."

Aurora defends him quickly and I start to feel guilty. "I'm sorry, please go on."

"I approached him and he looked at me with a lot of mixed emotions. He wanted me but he also felt guilty for what he wanted to do to me. His first words to me were run.

"I had the opportunity to run and save myself from the demon who wanted to feed on me but I couldn't. Because I had come in contact with him I could see his future, if he didn't feed on me he was going to die. So I did the one thing I could."

"You let him feed on you."

"That's correct. And I could bore you with the sordid details but initially that's how I relationship started. It went on for a while and the more time I spent with him the more I fell for him. But of course it all came with a price."

"You were his slave." That's the downside of falling in love when you are an Angel, you get enslaved. You are basically a slave of your love.

"Yes but I didn't mind. After all I did love James and if being his slave was the price I had to pay to be with him then I was willing to pay it."

"You sold your soul to Soliaire for him." As I say the words I realize that I can't judge her anymore, not when I'm sure I would do the same if it meant being with Sky.

"Well not at first. You see love may be strong but not when it's means turning your back on your creator. So I told James I would confess to the Mistress and maybe ask for permission to be with him. I knew it wouldn't be easy but for James I was willing to try."

"She said no didn't she?"

"I never got the chance to tell her."

As if this story could get anymore weirder. "Then why were you punished."

"I decided to confess about my relationship with James without anyone else present so I decided to talk to the Mistress at her chambers only she wasn't alone. I decided to save the conversation for later but as I was leaving I heard yelling and I was astonished because no one yelled at the Mistress.

"I couldn't help it, I decided to listen in and what I heard shocked me even more. You see the human who had lost his child had apparently made a deal with Mistress Rosemont."

"A deal? What kind of deal?" I ask even though I suspect I already know.

"Turns out the Mistress was just as bad as Soliaire, if not worse. The human had made a deal with Mistress Rosemont, his life in exchange for the child."

"What kind of deal is that?"

"One where no one won. Mistress Rosemont didn't want the human living among, she was being pretentious all along. You see the human couldn't get over his child's death so he begged Mistress Rosemont to help him."

"And what did she do?"

"She gave him the deal. The one that was going on around except this one didn't entail selling your soul or anything, but rather Mistress was telling him that if he gave up his life his child would come back to him."

"Don't tell me she..." I can't even bring myself to say it. So the woman who gave them life is a murderer as well?

"Yes Heaven, Mistress Rosemont is a destroyer of life but that's not even the worst part."

I'm about to ask for her to elaborate but we are interrupted by my stepmother calling out my name from the other side of the room.

"Heaven, are you in there?" She asks and I immediately rush out of my tub, quickly wrapping my body around a towel before opening the door.

"Hi honey." She says in her usual sweet voice.

I try my best to smile but I'm sure it's not as bright as hers. "Hi." I say quietly.

Somehow she see manages to see through me.  "What's wrong?" She asks and just like that a tears start streaming down my face as I struggle to contain my emotions.

I don't withhold myself, I immediately throw myself into Alice's arms and tightly hold onto her.

"Shhhh, it's going to be okay. I'm here." She says soothingly.

Her words only serve to make me cry even harder because I know it's not going to be okay. The worst is just beginning.

Hi readers!! Lol I hope I'm not confusing but it's alright if u re a bit confused cuz I am too at tyms. It's a weird story I know but thank u reading it anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 361 31
They say the world of the supernatural isn't real... or is it? Megan Ross is a normal sixteen year old girl from the city. Her parents are doctors an...
20.1K 1.8K 21
Two months after finding out that they have magical abilities, Quinn is still struggling to come to terms with the fact that they're a witch. It beco...
20.3K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
83K 1.5K 42
Her parents - both extremely religious - raised all their daughters to love Christ and respect themselves. But have their rules tarnished Monica's fu...