CHAPTER 17

I wash my face to remove any trace of tears on my face. I don't want my boyfriend worrying about me way more than he already is. I exit the bathroom after I'm satisfied with my appearance. I bumb into Ella before I can go look for Sky.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Yes yes , I'm good." I nearly stammer due to my nervousness.

"Oh ok." She seems convinced that I'm fine because she immediately changes the subject. "Anyway I need you to come tonight."

"I would love to come but I'm grounded."

"Come on Evie , you have got to come. Sky will be there." She's pouting , clearly not going to take no for an answer.

"I know but my dad...."

"Work something out. I don't know maybe ask your sister to tag along. You have to come." She's literally begging me. "Phoebe will there and if she gets drunk who knows what she might do to Sky."

I know she's messing with me but my mind is already running wild with the images of Phoebe and Sky. "Fine I will come."

She grins and hooks her hands around my neck. "Thank you so much." The hug doesn't last long , thankfully. "It will be fun , I promise." She says as she walks away , probably going to terrorize someone else.

I talk to my boyfriend briefly before he goes home. He isn't exactly thrilled about Ella's mini party tonight but he was glad I would be stopping by. Now all I have to do is convince my dad to let me go and for that to happen I need to convince Ronnie to come with me.

When I get home I don't see Alice anywhere. She's probably out or something. My dad is still working so that just lives Ronnie and I. I don't bother changing I just go straight to my sister's room. Without knocking I enter her and find her partially dressed in her school uniform. When she sees me she immediately covers her upper body with her hands. One would think it was a stranger who walked in on her and not her sister. She looks terrified at the idea that I might see her naked chest.

"You could knock." I'm a little taken aback by her harsh tone because Ronnie is a peaceful person but then again I did just barge into her room.

"Sorry about that." I apologise. "I need a favour."

"Can it wait until after I'm dressed?" Her voice is pleading and a part of me almost feels sorry for her. What is she hiding?

"No it can't wait."

She sighs , clearly giving up on trying to get me to leave. "What kind of favour?"

"My friend wants me to come to her house tonight and I need you to come with me."

"Why?" She asks and I give her a look. "Because of dad." She answers her own question and I nod.

"Ok." She agrees just like that.

"Ok?" I ask even I kind of suspected she would say yes , she always does.

"Yes , it's not like I have better things to do so I will go with you."

"Thanks." I tell her , grateful for her loyalty.

She nods. "It's okay now please, " She gestures at her door. "Let me get dressed."

And my plan works because once my dad heard Ronnie would be coming with me he was more than happy to let me go out. It seems he likes it when I bond with my stepsister and if I'm being honest I like it too. Ronnie's not bad and I value her loyalty. The only downside to her is her driving , she's slow. I know this is her usual driving because this is the second time she's driven me to Ella's house. I can't complain of course because I owe her and dad said she was the one to drive because like it or not I'm still being punished.