CHAPTER 41

My throat is painfully sore and my heart is beating so fast that I can almost hear it. I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack but I know better.

Either way it wakes me up but it's not the only thing, my phone has been ringing non stop. I suspect it's my dad because he was not pleased at all when I told him I was sleeping over at Ella's house.

But to my surprise, it's actually Amelia calling me. I frown, it's not like Amelia to ever call me, much less this early.

I get our of bed and head to Sky's bathroom as I don't want to wake him.

"Hello?"

"Heaven, are you alright?" She asks, her voice frantic.

"Yes. I'm with Sky."

"We need to talk, it's important." She adds and I start to get nervous.

"Why, what happened?" I ask even though a part of me is terrified of what she has to say.

"It's about Sarrtina."

"Who?"

"The girl who attacked you last night." She explains. "Listen, I can not explain over the phone so please hurry up and get over here."

I'm still registering what she's just said. So the redhead demon goes by the name Sarrtina, huh.

"Heaven, are you still there?"

I clear my throat before speaking. "Yes yes, I'm still here. And I'm coming over." I say before hanging up.

I can't say I'm surprised or shocked by the new information I have just learned, after all if a demon is not after me, it's not really a normal day in my life.

My biggest concern at the moment has got to be me, or rather Aurora.

My hands tightly grip the sink to keep ahold of myself as I look into the mirror and see her in my reflection.

My heart starts to pound against my chest as I look straight into her eyes. I recognize the look in her eyes and it scares me.

The hunger, the need to satisfy the monster inside of me is evident, I can feel it and it's taking a toll on me, almost like she's fighting with me.

"Aurora," I breathe out her name. "Please stop." I beg her.

"I can't help it. I need to feed."

"Not now, please not now." The Rosemont sisters aren't here and they are the only people who can help me with Aurora's hunger.

"They are not the only ones who can help you."

"What do you mean?" I ask but before she can clarify the door knob starts to rattle.

The sound startles me and I break contact with Aurora and turn my attention to door. I know who's the other side of that door and the possibility that he might come in, makes me way more anxious than I was before, mostly because I now understand what Aurora was talking about.

Oh no.

"Heaven?" He starts to knock. "Are you okay?"

I momentarily ignore Sky and turn back to the mirror so I can face Aurora.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on him!" I warn her.

"I won't have to. Whatever I feel you feel as well, so I won't have to touch him, I couldn't anyway."

She's right, of course she's right. I can feel it as well as she can. Aurora needs to feed so I need to feed.  I have been ignoring it ever since I woke up but I can't anymore, it's all I can think about. Human blood is what keeps demons going, they thrive on it and the demon inside of me is no different.

"Heaven?" Sky calls out my name once more. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yes, I'm okay." My heart is pounding furiously in my chest as I say the words, mostly from fear, fear of what I might do to him if I get my hands on him.

"Why is the door locked?" The doorknob rattles again.

"No reason." I lie nervously.

I don't have to look into his eyes to know that he doesn't believe me. "Heaven, open the door."

"No." I say quietly, I'm not even sure he hears me, it's like I'm trying to convince myself not to open it.

"Open the door Heaven." Aurora whispers to me.

"No." I try to ignore her but she's too strong, her desire and need to feed is too powerful for me to ignore and the fact that Sky is on the other side of the door, unknowingly serving himself as breakfast doesn't help my case.

"Heaven, why aren't you opening the door? Open the door!" Sky is shouting now, the fear and anxiety in his voice evident.

"Listen to him Heaven. Open the door."

"No!" It's my turn to shout now. "Stop talking, both of you!" 

"Heaven, just open the door." Sky's voice is now soft. "Please."

"Let him in sister, you know you want to."

They are both talking and it's making me dizzy, almost like I felt when I first started to hear people's thoughts.

I press my hands against both my ears, an act of desperation to block out their voices. I don't want to listen anymore.

I sink onto the tiled floor, my knees against my chest and my ears still covered by my hands. I'm trying to make myself as small as possible, maybe it will go away this way.

I just want it to stop, I need it to stop. I won't let Aurora turn me into a monster and I most certainly will not let her use me to hurt Sky. I would rather die than let any demon feed on him, it's my worst fear and I will do anything to keep it from happening.

I keep my eyes and ears closed, in the hopes of blocking things out. Maybe if I can't hear or see anything it will go away. Yes, it will go away. Aurora will go back into cage and steer clear of Sky, I won't let her hurt Sky, never.

"Heaven." My eyes snap open only to see Sky right in front of me, kneeling beside me.

My eyes widen at the sight of him. He looks worried but little does he know that he's the one in danger, not me. "How did you get in here?" I ask him.

"I may have broken down my door. Didn't you hear me?" He tries to touch me but I move away from him. I don't want any sort of contact with him at the moment.

Sky drops his hand, looking dismayed. "Heaven what's wrong with you?"

"Please get away from me." I plead on the verge of tears.

I see the pain and confusion in his eyes. "What?"

"You are too close to me. Please go away." Tears start to fall from my eyes, I'm hurting him with my words but it's better this way.

"Tell me what's wrong. I'm not going anyway until you tell me what's going on with you." He says stubbornly.

I can feel myself trembling as he raises his hand to my face, his eyes pleading with me not to reject me.

I want to give in to his touch so much but I know how excited Aurora can get when humans are close, especially when she's craving their blood.

Right now I can hear his heartbeat, his breathing and the way his blood is pulsing. The monster inside of me is trying very hard to get out and I just can't let her get to Sky.

"Sky please." I beg but I don't know what I'm begging for. I don't want him to go but I need him to, for his own sake.

He starts to caress my cheek and heart rate spikes at the skin contact. "I told you I would never leave you alone. I'm not afraid of you."

"I know." I sob.

"Shhhh, don't cry." Without warning, he pulls me into his arms. "I'm here for you." He starts to rub my back. "You are shaking, try and calm down.

"Its not me." I tell him with a small voice. "It's her."

"Who?"

"Aurora, she wants you."

"What?" He sounds confused.

"She wants to feed on you."