Game of Thrones: Frozen Fire

Por ShemarStewart8

Eddard Stark offered her a deal. Safe return to the Seven Kingdoms but in exchange she would need to marry hi... Más

Secrets
Unwelcome
Warmth
Moonless Night
Lies
Ravens
The Uprising
Allies
Mother of Dragons
Ice Dragon
Howling
Interlude I, King's Landing
The Caged Lion
Dracarys
Wolf or Man
Mended Oaths
Battleborn Wolf
A Bear and A Kraken
Interlude II
Future Decisions
Maternal Instinct
No Reprieve
Children
The Distance
Little Birds
Freedom
Small Heroes
The North is Strong
War Damsels
Yesterday & Tomorrow
Truths
Brothers Beyond Blood
Black Wedding, Pt. 1
Black Wedding, Pt. 2
Enemies
Roots
What Was Promised
Brother
Children of the Bear
Children of Kings
Interlude III
Where Loyalties Lay
Claw The Way Back
Fly Into The Night
The Red Eye
Wail of the Dragon
A Wolf's New Fur
Longing for Things to Come
Winter Princess
Land Of Dragons and Wolves

Back Home

215 6 0
Por ShemarStewart8

She wasn't completely content about Robb's decision. Not because she thought he was wrong or doing something inappropriate, but because she was a fighter and she had felt extremely well in the middle of the field, swinging her mace around.

From her point of view, she knew she wasn't the only one who was hesitant about leaving. Actually, she knew Daenerys was by far more upset than her about going back to Winterfell. With her round belly proudly showing, the Queen in the North was more stubborn than ever. It amused Dacey to no end seeing the woman of the white hair standing in front of the King as if they were equals, when other women would seek for his approval by being submissive.

It felt like intruding when she caught sight of the couple kissing goodbye. But Dacey also felt a twinge of jealousy at the sight of Daenerys hands firmly placed on Robb's face, pulling him forcefully to her while he tangled his fingers in her hair almost brutally. There was such passion in them, Dacey felt she might have wanted that for herself.

"Your Grace?" she called as they gently pulled away from the other.

Both smiled and chuckled at her excessive courtesy. She knew Robb long before he made young maidens sigh at sight of him and Daenerys refused to be treated like the other ladies because she was a survivor not a girl raised to be in exuberant parties.

"Lady Mormont," Daenerys called and when she was about to retort she hadn't need to call her that, Daenerys just cocked an eyebrow.

"Women all over the Seven Kingdoms are throwing themselves at men who claim the throne, for the small chance to be Queen. And you, the one who is, do not want to be called by your title?"

Robb folded his arms over his chest and watched his wife, as daring her, as if he enjoyed seeing her trapped under her own ropes.

"You're my friend. Robb's friend. I deem unnecessary to follow such formalities in private."

Dacey looked at Robb as his wife spoke. Many boys his age were just boys, hoping to become knights and live a life full of adventures; many boys were now becoming soldiers and learning that life wasn't as easy in the battlefield, much less when the enemy was bloodthirsty. And in just months, Robb had gone from a charming boy to a strong and handsome man, married, and soon to be father. Life had hit him hard but he had been lucky to be paired with another of his kind.

"Take care of her for me, Dacey," Robb said sternly. "Of my child as well. I'm trusting you with the most precious belonging I have."

"And who am I supposed to ask to take care of you for me?" Dany wondered aloud.

The jealousy and honest worry laced to her voice were justified. Dacey knew that before Daenerys arrival, some women had tried to scurry into Robb's tent, into his bed and see for themselves if the Young Wolf was as fiery and passionate in bed as he was as a warlord.

He smirked. "You needn't to worry about that."

"Just remember what I said," Daenerys said, cradling Robb's face in her pale hands. "Promise."

"I promise," he murmured.

Turning to Dacey, Daenerys nodded. "We can go now. Let's take our party to Winterfell."

-o-

The hooded cloak had become some sort of signature piece of clothing for Daenerys. And now as they traveled through the mostly deserted path, with Theon leading the way and also the Kingslayer's horse since the man's were tied together and therefore useless – and also because he was a prisoner – Daenerys wore it as she silently followed Irri.

Dacey was very aware of every sound she heard but she was also trapped in her head.

She had heard Irri, Daenerys' handmaid, mention a man named Jorah, a Westerosi. The bile rising up her throat burnt with fury. Her cousin had been the disgrace of the family. It didn't matter that he had committed his sins when he fell madly in love because he was supposed to be stronger.

And that man had been one of Daenerys confidantes.

Once or twice she had wanted to ask but then embarrassment was more powerful and she didn't dare.

"Uh," Daenerys muttered softly, calling Dacey's and Irri's attention. But she just chuckled as she rubbed her belly with one hand. "He's moving. I think he doesn't want to go either." Sadness took over her features but she quickly shook her head.

"Is the Ice Dragon flying?" Jaime quipped but Theon pulled the rope wrapped around his hands and the Kingslayer lost his balance. He glared at the ironborn.

"Quiet, Lannister. That's the Queen you're talking about," Theon warned.

Those two were so similar in many aspects, Dacey was frightened. It was like watching the future. Would Theon ever become a new version of Jaime Lannister? Because both were sarcastic and lacked respect for anyone; great fighters but lousy friends to most; both handsome but the Kingslayer, despite his years, had certainly an advantage in that aspect.

"Dacey?" Daenerys called, patting the long neck of her horse. The animal slowed so the two women were side to side.

"Yes?" The tall woman replied. She looked like a mighty warrior on her horse, with her mace hanging from her belt, and a sword across her back. And despite the outfit, she was still graceful and feminine. Her long and dark hair was fluttering around her pale face thanks to the light breeze. "Do you feel well?"

Daenerys chuckled softly. "Robb worries. Do not do so as well. I am fine and so is my child."

Nodding, Dacey kept the peaceful trotting of the horse.

"If I dare to ask you something," Daenerys muttered hesitantly. She waited until Dacey's eyes locked with hers to give more urgency to her words because, by the looks of it, it seemed necessary. "I need you to be my right hand. I know, as soon as we arrive to Winterfell, Maester Luwin will be quite helpful but you are the only one I can trust with weapons."

"Theon is your lord husband's best friend; practically a brother," Dacey murmured, hoping the chirping of the birds above their heads was enough to conceal their words.

"But he is not," Dany replied, tugging at her cloak in a nervous fashion. "And I'm in dire need of people I can trust in. Nothing would please me more than count you among those because I can see honesty in you; the kind of honesty I see in many of the true northerners."

"I swore to protect your husband. I'd be honored to protect his lady wife, as well."

"My friend," Dany said, smiling. "You need to keep an eye on Theon for I think Robb trusts with eyes closed and ears covered."

Eyes widening, Dacey faltered for a moment.

"You thought I was about to ask you to keep an eye on the Kingslayer, were you not?" Daenerys filled the silence. "In some sense, you are right. But I'm not worried about him. He won't find many allies in Winterfell and, what's a lion without his roar?"

Dacey chuckled. "True. You're right."

Pausing, Daenerys sighed heavily. She was incredible at pretending to be fine, but Dacey could tell she was tired if not for the ride, because of the weather that had turned increasingly colder as they moved further into the North.

"We'll find a place for us to spend the night, Dany," Dacey uttered in a soft voice.

At the nickname, the Queen in the North, smiled.

Maybe Dacey had also found an ally and friend. She was thankful for the vote of confidence but also because she was not alone, since she missed her sisters and the bustling life in the camp, where there was always something to do.

At that moment Drogon, the biggest of the two dragons Dacey had seen, perched himself on Daenerys's shoulder. The animal was as big as a medium sized dog but with his wings fully extended, he looked like a frightening creature of the night.

Pulling a piece of meat from a bag, Dany offered it to Drogon. The dragon took it and soon flew ahead of them to cook the meat and eat it promptly.

"At least we know we won't be cold," Jaime Lannister quipped, looking at the animal with a mix of revulsion and fear.

"Shut your mouth," Theon repeated. "Or I'll feed you to it myself."

Somehow, Dacey doubted Theon would be this careless if the Kingslayer weren't tied. And she wouldn't blame the knight for cutting off Greyjoy's tongue.

-o-

After a night spent at an inn, since Daenerys adamantly refused to ask for refuge to any lord afraid of where their loyalties stood, they continued their journey to Winterfell with renewed energy. Luckily for them, the distance was quickly covered by their horses.

Dacey didn't know what to think when, at the sight of the Stark's castle, Daenerys smiled brightly as someone who was arriving home.

It occurred to the heir of Bear Island that Winterfell probably was the first stable home Daenerys had had. The Starks had welcomed her if not with open arms, cordially. And soon those boys had fallen for her because no woman would speak as fondly about Rickon and Bran as Dany did if they hadn't liked her back.

Dacey had shared a few good laughs with Danerys as Theon and Jaime Lannister couldn't stop fighting about every single thing until Irri lost her temper and shut them both with a fury previously unknown. The woman had spoken in dothraki and probably said many crass words by how much Dany had laughed.

When they finally stepped into the castle, servants ran to them and Maester Luwin trudged into the courtyard, studying Danerys and her belly.

"Dany! Dany!" a voice shouted happily and soon a blur of reddish brown hair showed up, followed by a large wolf with dark fur.

Rickon looked bigger than Dacey remembered but also content as he wrapped his arms tightly around Daenerys legs, pressing his face firmly against the protruding belly. He sighed softly when his brother's wife smoothed his unruly hair lovingly.

"You came back," he muttered with relief.

"I promised."

"Mother promised, too. She hasn't come back," he retorted bitterly.

"She's helping Robb. She wanted to come but she is also looking for Sansa and Arya." Dany leaned forward and hugged the small boy. She pressed a kiss atop of his head to conceal her own sadness at the thought of having Robb away.

Dacey had noticed how strong Daenerys pretended to be; how she hid her weaknesses or disguise them to make them seem like strengths. Robb had unknowingly made an excellent ally for many aspects of his life.

Rickon placed a hand over Dany's belly and his brow furrowed. "Why are you bigger?"

Theon cackled as he pushed the Kingslayer to the dungeons. "She had little to do with Robb spending so much time fighting. She ate."

Dacey smacked him upside the head, and glared at him.

Meanwhile, an amused Maester Luwin explained the facts to Rickon. As he comprehended with childish innocence, a smile grew on his face. He would have a friend with whom to run around and play again. A nephew, even if for him the word meant little.

"Bran is in the Godswood with Viserion," Rickon said absentmindedly while toying with Dacey's mace. He looked up at her and grinned. "I like it," he muttered, pointing at her mace. "Will you teach me? Bran cannot and Theon never wants to. Robb tried but he left."

"I'll teach you a couple of things," Dacey said with good humor. He was a very wild yet lovable boy.

War was very hard on children but if she could help, she would do her best to make a happy child out of the youngest Stark.

"Let's go. Bran must be waiting for us," Daenerys said and took Rickon's hand at the time she indicated Dacey to follow her.

They walked through the castle. It was quiet for such a big place; nothing like a few months ago with the visit of the former king or when all the Starks were at home.

As they approached the Godswood, they heard the noises from Viserion. His brother, Drogon, responded to the cries with eagerness. There was something about Viserion's wails that made them more frightening than Drogon's. They were deeper and made Dacey's skin crawl. When they finally saw the white dragon, they noticed why.

Viserion was slightly bigger than Grey Wind and with his wings open he was larger than any beast they had encountered. There was no explanation other than the boys, Bran and Rickon, had done a magnificent job at taking care of the animal.

Even Daenerys looked surprised.

This was another army, one grown by boys who couldn't even begin to imagine what they had on their hands.

Bran smiled as he patted Viserion's head. "I will ride him soon and join Robb. We'll free the North."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

227K 3.7K 19
- UNDER EDITING - On the day that her father, the Mad King Aerys II, was killed, Princess Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the Iron Throne, became...
16.1K 371 24
Alana Baratheon is the eldest child between King Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister. When Alana turned 9 she was promised to Robb Stark, the eldes...
361K 17.2K 37
Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. When Rosalie Stark found herself in an inferno of dragon fire, fighting against an army of dead...
20.2K 462 40
Alice Stark is the eldest daughter of Eddard and Catelyn Stark. During and after King Roberts visit to Winterfell she feels drawn towards Cersei Lann...