Haunted Beasts

By Tadiwanshe

Heaven Ross has always been weird and different and she was okay with that but after starting afresh at a ne... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
A/N
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
EPILOGUE : PART 1

CHAPTER 34

10 3 2
By Tadiwanshe

It doesn't take me long to get to the Gomez residence. It should concern me that anyone can get into their house with so much ease but I'm too concerned about Sky to worry about that at the moment.

I rush up to his room, anxious to see how he's doing. My heart drops when I find his bed empty. The sheets are all rumbled, indicating that someone was recently sleeping on the bed. And knowing Sky as I do I know he would never leave his bed this untidy.

Before my mind has the chance to run around with crazy thoughts about how someone might have taken him, I hear sounds coming from his bathroom. A second later he comes out looking pale and exhausted. His eyes are baggy, like he hasn't been sleeping, and his nose is all puffy and red. He really is sick.

He frowns as soon as he notices me. "What...." He starts coughing before he can finish his question.

I rush over to him and put my arm around him so I can help him back to his bed. I expect him to push me away but fortunately he surprises me and accepts my help, maybe because he's too sick to get into fight with me.

"What are you doing here?" He tries again when he's back in his bed.

"I came to see you." I tell him as I help pull the sheets over his body.

"You shouldn't have." He said before coughing again.

"I don't want you to be alone whilst you are sick." For the first time since I have started dating Sky, I really recent the fact that he has an indifferent father. I bet he doesn't even know Sky's sick.

"I will be fine." He says weakly, not convincingly me at all. "Go back to school."

"I'm not leaving Sky, school can wait." I add as I sit cross legged at the edge of his bed.

"I think we have a chemistry test today."

I laugh lightly. "Well, I guess it's a good thing I decided to skip because without my chemistry partner I can't write anything."

He starts to laugh with me but his laughter is cut short by the hideous sound of his cough. Not knowing how else to react, I rush to him and grab his hand.

I don't know if it's to reassure me or if he's in so much pain but he tightly squeezes my hand.

"Does it hurt?" Stupid question really especially when I know he's in pain.

He shakes his head. "Not really." He lies.

It hurts me that he's in pain but what hurts the most is that I can't do anything to make it stop. I feel so useless and helpless.

"Can you do me a favor?" He asks, as if he can sense that I'm dismayed by the fact that I'm not doing anything.

"Anything." I say quickly.

"Distract me."

I don't know how to distract him. He's so focused that it's hard to take his mind off anything he considers important. But looking at him right now, I realize that he needs me and I can't let him down.

"There's a dance on Friday." I decide to tell him the one thing I'm sure will distract him and not upset him.

"What dance?"

"The one Heather's planning. It's for charity or something, I'm not really sure. But apparently there's a fancy theme and it's girl's choice." I go on and on and he listens attentively. "I wanted to ask you." I add shyly.

"Yeah right." He laughs but stops abruptly. "Wait, you are serious?" He asks and I nod.

"It could be fun." I say, trying to persuade him.

"I have never been to any dance before." For some reason that doesn't surprise me but it makes me happy.

"What a coincidence, me too!"

"You were homeschooled." He says as if it explains everything, well maybe it does. "Can you even dance?"

"Yes I can." I say a little defensively. "You want me to show you?"

"Show me." He orders me softly and my heart thumbs because I really didn't expect him to dare me like that. I thought he would leave it alone but oh well now I have to show him I can dance, only problem is I can't actually dance.

Slowly I get off his bed and stand awkwardly before him at the foot of the bed. He looks at me with amusement as I remove my blazer  and I have to conceal my blush.

I don't know where to start, do I move my hands first or just shake my body a little?

"I'm not an expert but I'm sure you need some music for whatever dance you are going to do." He says the word "dance" with sarcasm.

I know he's enjoying this and it makes whatever embarrassing thing I'm going to do worth it.

"Oh, of course." I scurry to get my phone from the pocket of my discarded blazer. Once I have it in my hands I quickly go to my playlist and pick a song I can dance to.

Of all the songs I choose Eleisha Eagle's addicted you might say because well it's my favorite song.

Sky watches me as I just move around at the  beat of the song. I know I'm not doing much but I'm waiting for the chorus of the song, I'm hoping it will make it easier to dance for my boyfriend.

Soon enough I'm lost in Eleisha Eagle's lyrics and I'm dancing as best as I can to her song. I sing along hoping I'm oozing the sexiness I'm desperately trying to pull off.

"That's it, you can stop now!" Sky feigns irritation from the sound of me singing. "Please stop." He begs whilest laughing.

I shake my head my head no as I don't want to want to interrupt my singing.

Well fortunately for him the song comes to an end in less than a minute. All that dancing has me breathing hard and my heart pounding fast.

"How did I do?" I ask him, still trying to catch my breath.

"Well you sure did something." He says, laughing.

I almost forget he's sick but his face reminds me that he's still not feeling well.

Sky seems to notice the change in my mood as he holds out his hand and says, "Come here."

I don't hesitate, I immediately go to him and lie on his warm chest, careful not to hurt him.

"I'm glad you came." He says softly and I smile even though he can't see my face.

"I wanted to be with you, I always want to be with you." I briefly remove my head from his chest and kiss him on the mouth.

Sky is hesitant to reciprocate and I frown when he shies away from my kiss. "What's wrong?"

I could easily read his mind and find out but with Sky it always feels like invasion of privacy when I do that.

"I'm sick, you can't kiss sick people."

There's a hint of irritation in his voice, only I don't know if it's from the fact that he can't kiss me or if it's because he thinks I should know better than to swap saliva with sick people

"I already spent too much time with you and even if I don't kiss you I might still get sick." I start to move my head closer. "I want to kiss you." I whisper, our mouths inches away from touching. "Please kiss me." I beg and he immediately grabs my head and kisses me right on the mouth.

I place my hands on either sides of his head and start to kiss him back. His mouth is hot on mine and I know his body temperature should alarm me but I'm too aroused to care.

He groans into my mouth as I run my nails all over his skin but he doesn't tell me to stop, maybe because his mouth hasn't left my own.

My hand start to trail in the inside of his track bottoms but before I can reach my goal he firmly grasps my hand.

No. We can't have sex, not today.

I hear his thoughts and it sounds like he's trying to convince himself to restraining from making love to me.

"Why not?" I whine, too frustrated to care that I'm responding to something he didn't say out loud.

Probably used to my weird tendencies, Sky doesn't pay much attention to that small detail.

"I would love to but not today."

Usually that line is reserved for the ladies but I guess there's nothing usual about our relationship.

"Hey," He starts to caress my cheek. "I really want to, believe me."

Oh I do believe him especially since my leg is pressed against the evidence of what he's saying.

I grin at him like a loon. "I believe you." I say as I run my leg against his hard on.

He groans. "Heaven." He says my name like it's a prayer or a plea, I'm not really sure.

"Sky." I mimick his tone.

"Stop." He says and I shake my head. "Baby, you need to stop or else."

"Or else what?" I dare to ask.

He abruptly grabs me by the shoulders and I'm forced to stop. "I'm too sick for this."

"Your body doesn't seem to be sick."

He sighs. "What am I going to do with you?" He asks sounding resigned.

"Oh I have ideas."

"It was a rhetorical question." He says laughing lightly. "Lie with me." He says and before I can give him an answer he lies back on his bed and takes me with him.

I rest my head on his chest again and to distract myself from any sexual thoughts I start to draw invisible hearts on his chest.

"I love you." He says and it makes me smile.

"I love you more." Which is the truth, he doesn't understand the depth of my feelings for him and perhaps he never will.

"Hmmm." Is all he says and soon after I hear the soft sounds of his snoring. I close my eyes and fall asleep in his arms.

He looks at the girl who is sleeping soundly in the arms of the one she gave her heart to, the one who's enslaved her and he can't help but wonder why his own Master fears such a simple character. She looks human, he says in his mind, she even smells like one. Why does Master want the girl dead so bad, he wonders. As he continues to look at her he can't help but notice the girl's beauty and he also notices that she looks rather familiar. Now he also wants the girl dead but unlike the Master he wants to sink his teeth in her firm warm flesh and hold her down as he feeds on her. She will probably put up a fight but it will be useless because he is quite strong. He moves close to the sleeping figures ready to pounce on his prey but the girl surprises him as she opens her eyes immediately, as if expecting him. Under normal circumstances it would not matter but one look at the girl and he knows there's nothing normal about her.

As soon as my eyes open I neither hear nor see anything. I could have sworn there was an intruder in Sky's bedroom but now that I'm awake and everything is just as it was before, I'm starting to think it was just a bad dream.

Sky is still sound asleep beside me. I smile at the sight of him. He's looking better now and I'm glad he's getting some well deserved sleep.

I check the time and realize that school ended over an hour ago and Alice is probably expecting me home. I don't want to leave Sky alone but I don't want to get in trouble at home either. My dad will probably ground me again and then I won't be able to see Sky.

I reluctantly get out of his bed and retrieve my blazer and my shoes. After putting them own I kiss Sky lightly on the cheek, careful not to wake him. After fixing up his sheets and kissing him for a second time I leave for the penthouse.

For some reason I feel as though someone is following me but I don't pay it much attention as it's not quite dark so it wouldn't be easy for someone to attack me in broad daylight.

"Heaven."

The sound of Aurora's anguished voice stops me but fortunately I'm now in the penthouse garage so no one can see me acting like a total nutcase.

"Aurora."

"They are after you. He wants you dead. Heaven run."

"What?" I don't understand a word of what she's saying.

"Soliaire wants you dead. Run!"

I don't even know who I'm running from but right now sounds like a good idea. I start to run but I don't get far because I rub into what resembles a brick wall or should I say who.

I'm on the ground facing my assailant. His demeanor and the way he's irritated with the natural sunlight tells me all I need to know, he's a demon and he's here to kill me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 6.6K 46
What would you trade your soul for? The answer is simple for Jessa: nothing. Life isn't perfect, but it's pretty good with her best friend Taylor at...
10.7K 361 31
They say the world of the supernatural isn't real... or is it? Megan Ross is a normal sixteen year old girl from the city. Her parents are doctors an...
20.3K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
493 45 31
COMPLETE. Gabriella's past is a mystery, but that never stopped her from achieving her goals. As a Supernatural Specialist, and far more intelligent...