His Arrogant Ways

By xomaggsxo

Aaliyah/ Liyah- She's fierce and sassy. Has all the confidence in the world. Biggest problem? Hates people. H... More

Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter: 23
Chapter: 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter: 27
Chapter: 28
Chapter: 29
Chapter: 30

Chapter: 24

808 33 1
By xomaggsxo

It was now Monday morning and I was rolling out of bed at six in the morning with a headache.

I groaned and dragged my feet all the way to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and turned on the shower.

After Elijah and I fell asleep Saturday night/ Sunday morning. My mom walked in at like nine and had a heart attack when she found I wasn't the only one in the bed.

She lectured me how I should have told her that he was here, even though he came over at like one in the morning she told me she didn't care.

Oh well.

I stripped my clothes and got in the steaming shower.

The hot water automatically healed my headache somewhat and I blew out a breath of relief as I washed my hair.

I finished with washing my hair and body, shaved and got out. 

I wrapped a towel around me and walked out of the bathroom to my closet. 

I pulled out skinny jeans, a tank top and my leather jacket. Throwing them on my bed, I grabbed an old shirt and brought it out of my closet with me.

I walked over to my drawer and pulled out a bra and a pair of underwear. Slipping them on, I pulled the shirt of my head and walked over to my dresser.

I blow-dried my hair and straightened it afterwards. 

Applying my mascara and eyeliner, my phone vibrated. I picked it up and put it on speakerphone.

"Yes?" I asked through the receiver.

"Hey!" Toni shouted and I laughed.

"Hey, what's up?" I questioned her.

"Well, considering you never picked up your car, I'll pick you up, yeah?" She asked and I laughed.

"Oh yeah, sure. When?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I messed up my eyeliner. Cussing lightly I fixed it.

"I'll leave at 7:30 and we can be at school by 8, yeah?" I nodded while responding.

"Yeah, sounds good. If you're ready, you can leave now though, because I'm finishing up." I suggested.

"Really? That'd be great because I'm done too and we can stop to get food and whatnot." I nodded my head.

"Yeah, sounds good." I finished with one last swipe on my eyelashes.

"I'll see you in fifteen." 

"Bye!" I called through the phone as she hung up.

Standing up from my bureau I walked to my clothes and but them on.

I grabbed socks and slipped on my black combat boots.

I slipped my phone in my back pocket and searched for my belt. 

Once I found it stuffed behind my dresser, I slipped it through the loops and tightened it.

I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth as I got a message from Toni, allowing me to know she's here.

I grabbed my books and walked downstairs while throwing her a quick response.

Saying bye to my mom I walked out of the house while attempting to stuff my money and cigarettes in my jacket pocket.

It was starting to get colder here in Georgia since it was leading to October.

"Hey." I greeted Toni as I entered my car.

"Hey, do you wanna drive?" She questioned and I shook my hand waving her off.

"Hell no, I hate driving." She laughed and waited for me to buckle my seatbelt as she took off out of my driveway and down the street.

I popped a piece of gum in my mouth, offering some to Toni she took a piece and thanked me. I smiled at her.

"So, did anything happen with you and Xavier yet?" I asked and she smiled wider.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." She smiled bigger reminiscing on the night he asked. I smiled.

"What? No way. He finally asked?" She laughed and I joined her.

"Right." 

"It took him long enough!" I cried out and she laughed nodding.

"What about you and Elijah? Anything happen?" She glanced at me for a brief second and I shrugged.

"Not really. I mean we kiss and-." Toni oh-so rudely cut me off.

"Wait. Y'all kissed?!" She asked loudly; too loud, may I add.

I winced and nodded. "What's the big deal?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Elijah doesn't just kiss people; in fact, he doesn't kiss at all." She explained like I was stupid.

I shrugged and looked out the window.

"So are you guys like an item or something?" She glanced at me again and I shrugged running my fingers through my hair.

"We're not dating, but we told each other the way we feel." I explained and she nodded.

"Well, he'll probably ask you soon, cut him some slack though, he's never done this kind of stuff before." Toni defended and I nodded.

"It's cool, I haven't talked to guys in three years without punching or kicking them somewhere." I joked and Toni laughed as we pulled up to a gas station.

I pulled out my money for gas and she shot me a glare. 

"What?" I asked confused.

"You're not paying for gas." She narrowed her eyes at me and I furrowed my eyebrows more.

"Why?"

"Because, I've been driving your car, I'll pay." She explained and I sighed nodding.

"Then at least give me the money, I'll go in. I need a Red Bull." I sighed and she handed me the money laughing and shaking her head.

I took the money and walked into the gas station. Phew. It's a girl this time. No more creepy guys.

I walked to the refrigerators in the back and pulled out six Red Bulls. 

Hey, a girl's gotta prepare. Especially when she has detention for three periods, then after school.

I'll probably have it for two and a half hours for not being at school.

Oh well.

I walked to the cashier and she scanned my items.

"I also need a pack of Camel's and twenty on pump six." I explained and she nodded, telling me my needed amount.

Damn. Forty bucks my ass. I should really cut back on the Red Bull.

She put my stuff in a bag and I smiled at her as I picked up my license and my bag.

I returned back to my car with my bag and Toni eyed me.

"Really? Do you need that many Red Bulls?" She shot me a playful glare and I nodded.

"Hell yeah, when you got detention." I explained and she laughed shaking her head and driving off to school.

***************

We pulled up to school and Toni parked her car dead in the middle and I glared at her.

"I hate people." I mumbled getting out of the car. She laughed and I grabbed a Red Bull and cracked it up, shoving my new pack of cigarettes in the glove department.

I grabbed my books and shut my car door.

I sipped my Red Bull as I walked with Toni- to what I assume the others. 

We walked up to them and Toni attacked Xavier with kisses as Alex and Jackson sucked faces.

I raised an eyebrow at them and nodded. "Okay, then." I mumbled and Jonah laughed.

"Hey, Liyah!" Jay, Eric and Jonah called out.

I mumbled incoherent responses and Elijah frowned.

"Awe, Little Liyah, are you not a morning person?" He cooed as he pinched my cheeks.

I gripped his wrist tightly and he winced.

"Do that again and I'll break all your fingers and wrist." I threatened lowly and he nodded contorting his face to one of pain as I twisted his wrist.

I smiled sickly sweet and dropped his wrist as he cradled it.

"Glad we understand each other." I smiled widely and he frowned kissing his wrist. I laughed at him and he glared.

I shrugged and sipped my Red Bull. I felt arms snake around my waist and I was about to beat the hell out of the culprit.

"Chill. It's me." He breathed in my ear and I relaxed from my tense state.

Turning around, I faced him as he had his hands around my waist still.

"Hi." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Hey." He replied with a chuckle.

"Hi." I replied again and he rolled his eyes smiling.

"Hey." He was getting annoyed and I smiled.

"H-." Before I could finish he slapped a hand over my mouth.

"Stop that." He chuckled and I laughed through his hand nodding.

He pulled his hand off my mouth and I smiled at him. 

He glanced down at my Red Bull and raised an eyebrow. "Really?" He glanced back up at me and I shrugged.

"I have detention today, what'd you except?" I questioned and he laughed.

"Touché, Langdon, Touché." I frowned and pouted.

"I thought we were past the last name stage." I whined and turned my head to my right, sticking my nose up in the air.

He laughed and gripped my chin turning my face to his.

"Oh, we are, babe, trust me." He winked and I laughed. 

Someone cleared their throat and I turned my head in the direction of the voice.

Jonah was stood with a raised eyebrow and arms crossed.

"What's this I see; is it Elijah Rodriguez flirting with Aaliyah Langdon?" Jonah asked amused and I rolled my eyes, as did Elijah.

"Yeah, I was, but then you interrupted." Elijah explained and I turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

"You call that flirting, puhlease!" I scoffed and Jonah laughed. 

Elijah frowned and I smiled.

"I'm kidding." I whispered and he turned his head on me.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!" I demanded and he smirked. I turned his face to me with my hands and brought my lips to his.

He refused to kiss back and I pouted against his lips. He groaned and put his lips to mine. 

I smiled into the kiss and pulled back and stepped out of his grasp.

Everyone had their eyes on us, staring with their mouths hung open.

Some girls were glaring at me- others were smiling. Some guys were glaring at Elijah- others were frowning.

I stifled a laugh, as I looked at all my friends who were wide-eyed with their jaws touching the grounded.

I smirked, "I'm going to my locker." I threw over my shoulder as I walked into the school with the eyes on me.

"What are you looking at?" I barked and everyone went back to their own things.

I rolled my eyes. People these days! Ugh.

I walked up to my locker and threw my crap in getting ready for detention. 

I chugged the rest of my Red Bull and threw it out in the trash. 

I turned the corner and ran into someone. 

"The fu-." The person cut me off.

"Sorry." The apologized and I pulled out of their grasp and looked up at the culprit.

"Oh, sorry, Jay." I apologized as I went to walk around him but he stopped me.

"So you and Elijah, huh?" I turned around to see him with a raised eyebrow and I sighed running my fingers through my hair.

"I mean I guess so." I explained and he smirked.

"You guess so?" He pressed and I frowned.

"What's this about, Jay?" He raised an eyebrow and he walked closer.

"This is about us, baby." He trailed his fingers down the side of my face and I moved back.

"Don't call me that." I growled lowly.

"Right, because only Elijah can, right?!" He threw his hands up angrily and I stepped back in case he hit me.

"Jay, this isn't about Elijah. Just let this go." I sighed annoyed and he snapped his eyes to mine.

"I can't let this go, Liyah! I love you!" He yelled into the halls and I frowned shaking my head.

"You don't love anyone but yourself." I sighed. Again and he shook his head no.

"No, baby. I'm in love with you. We can be together, happy like we used to be." He attempted to touch me again, but I backed up.

"You were never happy in our previous relationship. I gave you everything. I dropped everything for you! And you weren't happy. You wanted one thing from me and that was sex. When I gave it to you, you split faster than I could blink.

You left me alone and broken. I'm just now being put back together because of Elijah. If you think you can break me, again, then you got another thing coming for you." I got out through tears and walked away when I finished.

Elijah was at the end of the hall and I stopped in my tracks. He finished walking the distance between us with a frown.

He wiped my tears and placed his hand on the side of my face behind my ear. He pulled us closer and kissed my forehead.

"Come on, let's go to detention. We're going to be late." He explained softly and I looked up at him.

"We?" I furrowed my eyebrows and he smiled.

"I may or may not have slapped Dean Reverend after you left." Elijah explained and I smiled shaking my head.

He wiped the rest of my tears and kissed me softly. He pulled back and grabbed my hand as we walked to the detention room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 487 24
"Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last." Ronda Rousey, My Fight / Your Fight ****************...
67.8K 1.8K 36
Meet Violet Summers. She's the sarcastic girl who doesn't really ever get noticed by anyone. She blends into any crowd because of how "normal" she is...
1.4K 171 36
Christina has had her life figured out for as long as she could remember. The plan was always to get into Harvard and become a journalist. So what if...
333 46 27
A journey of 22 years old aaliyah khan as she skipped many hurdles in her life and through the process learned and lost too many things which made he...