His Arrogant Ways

By xomaggsxo

Aaliyah/ Liyah- She's fierce and sassy. Has all the confidence in the world. Biggest problem? Hates people. H... More

Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 23
Chapter: 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter: 27
Chapter: 28
Chapter: 29
Chapter: 30

Chapter: 22

697 35 1
By xomaggsxo

"Wake up." Someone whispered in my ear and I groaned.

"Liyah." He chuckled in my ear and I groaned.

"Get up." He whined and I ignored him.

"Liyah!" He sang in a singsong voice, but I ignored him. 

"Seriously." He stated and I groaned.

"Seriously shut the fuck up." I muttered out and he laughed.

"It's too early, sh!" I scolded him as I reached my hand over and searched for his face. 

I found his face and looked for his lips, I clamped my hand over his mouth to muffle his laughs.

It seems he laughed harder at this.

"Seriously, you need to be home soon, you forgot to call your mom last night and she's blowing up your phone." I shot up.

"What!" I yelled and he nodded; handing me my phone I scrolled through the messages.

Shit.

'Liyah, call me.'

Shit.

'Liyah. Where are you?'

Shit.

'Aaliyah Marie. Get home. NOW!'

Shit.

"That's it. No London.

"Shit." I cussed aloud at the last one, running my fingers through my hair I started to pace Elijah's room.

"What's wrong?" He sounded worried. Awe. He's worried for me- no focus. 

I looked up at him and could feel the sinking feeling start.

"Mom's not going to let me go to London." I whispered and I ran my fingers through my bangs.

"Come on, let’s get you home." He got out of bed with a frown. 

I grabbed my phone and cigarettes. 

I grabbed my boots by the door and shoved my phone and cigarettes in one of them.

Elijah shot me a raised eyebrow.

"What? It's for safe keeping!" I defended and he laughed and continued to walk to the garage.

*************

We pulled up my driveway and my stomach sunk. I turned to Elijah and he turned off the car, getting out.

I took deep breaths and followed after him. I've got this. I reminded myself as we approached the house. 

I turned climbed the steps with Elijah next to me. 

I don't go this. I shot Elijah a look that said 'quick-lets get in your truck and runaway to Alaska'.

He shook his head at me and nudged me forward. I frowned and opened the door to my house.

"Mom." I called out in the house.

My mother came into view and I shut the door after Elijah walked in. 

She glared at me and smiled at Elijah.

"Hello, Miss. Langdon, I am so sorry for keeping Aaliyah held up and for not calling." He explained to my mother and she put her hand on her hip and looked at me.

"Aaliyah, you spent the night at a boys house?" She interrogated me and I groaned.

"Mom, I'm eighteen. I'm a legal adult. I can hangout with whomever I please." I frowned at my mom and she just smiled before glaring again.

"Why didn't you call me?" She asked and I sighed.

"We went swimming for a little while, then we got tired and went to sleep." I explained, rubbing a hand over my face.

"And that's all that happened?" She pressed and the great kisses we shared passed through my mine.

"Yeah." I drew out and she sighed.

"Fine, You're forgiven." She rolled her eyes and I smiled a toothy grin at her.

I ran up to her and threw my arms around her neck- hugging her. She hugged me back with a light chuckle.

"Thank you, but were going up to my room." I grabbed Elijah's wrist and pulled him to the stairs. She laughed and yelled after me.

"Don't do anything unsafe!" I looked back at her and she winked. I scoffed.

"Ugh, with you home? Ew." I teased and she laughed. I smiled at my mom's laugh.

It's better than hearing her yell at you all the time and her sobs.

Elijah slide his wrist out of my hold and intertwined our fingers together. 

I looked back at them and then up at Elijah. I smiled at him, which he reciprocated.

I finished jogging up the stairs, and walked into my room. I dropped my shoes with my stuff in them on the floor by my door.

I ran for my bed as Elijah took off his shoes and placed them next to mine. 

He crawled in bed behind me and wrapped on arm around my waist.

He pulled with closer to him and I laughed.

He nuzzled his face into the side of my neck and wrapped his hands around my small ones.

I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

This feels so right.

Even though, it's probably so wrong.

I turned so I was facing him and shoved my face into his chest.

Our hands were on his side, still interlaced with one another. 

"Aaliyah, come here for a second!" My mom called up to me from downstairs. I groaned and rolled out of bed.

"I'll be right back." Elijah mumbled something in response and I laughed.

I walked down the hall and jogged down the stairs that lead into the kitchen.

My mom was baking something- probably cake.

"Elijah, is he staying for dinner?" My mom questioned and I shrugged.

"I don't know, probably." She nodded and I did too. Turning around I went to leave but my mom's words rung in my head.

"You like him a lot, huh?" She glanced over to me with a smug smile and eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, I really do." I smiled slightly and my mom smiled brightly at me.

"These kids changed you, you know. I'm glad you're finally happy." She whispered and I nodded.

"They make me happy." I trailed off thinking about my amazing friends.

"I'm glad." My mom smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Now get back to him." She nodded her head in the direction of the stairs I smiled at her. 

I walked up behind her instead of leaving and wrapped my arms around her neck.

"I don't tell you often, but I love you." I whispered and she smiled.

"I love you too, baby doll." She smiled at me and I let go I smiled at her and ran up the stairs to my room.

When I walked in, Elijah was spread out a crossed my whole bed. I ran over and straddled his back.

"Wakey wakey!" I cooed in his ear and he groaned in response. "Wake up!" I whined and he threw my pillow over his head.

I huffed and grabbed the pillow. I started to hit him with it. He grabbed the pillow and started to hit me with it.

My laughter echoed off the walls as I grabbed a new pillow, stood up on my bed and started to beat Elijah with it.

We were laughing and breathing heavily.

A couple of my pillows were feather pillows, and feathers now littered my bed and floor.

Destroying my pillows, I picked up my pillow again, but Elijah jumped on me, throwing my weapon.

We had feathers stuck in our hair and as he pinned me on my bed he grinned down at me.

"You have feathers in your hair." He whispered as he pulled one out between his fingers.

"So do you." I laughed running my fingers through his hair. 

He glanced down at my lips, then back up at my eyes.

He leaned in and I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of our lips. 

His lips brushed mine and I pulled him closer by his hair and he groaned in the back of his throat.

He gripped my hips tightening the kiss. 

I flipped us so I was straddling him. I put my hand on the side of his face and he cupped my face gently with his hands.

He rubbed circles on my cheek with his thumb and I pulled back, leaning my forehead against his.

"I have to leave soon; my dad's coming home and I have to be there for dinner." Elijah explained with a frown.

I traced his frown with my thumb. I brought my lips to his and gave him a soft peck.

Just that peck, made my stomach turn.

I hate how he has this affect on me! It's annoying!

"When?" I asked and he craned his neck to look at the clock.

"In a bit." He turned back to me and planted his lips on mine again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 128 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
1.4K 171 36
Christina has had her life figured out for as long as she could remember. The plan was always to get into Harvard and become a journalist. So what if...
5.6K 487 24
"Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last." Ronda Rousey, My Fight / Your Fight ****************...
312 13 24
A Senior in Highschool and known to be an awesome fucking guy, Andrew better known as Andy is a down to earth awesome guy. Friends with alot of peopl...