Star Fairy Chronicles: Acts I...

By GumballFan13

Long ago, two gods created three species: Star Fairies, humans, and monsters. Blue, the princess of her home... More

Act I Prologue
Chapter 0: An Ordinary Day with Blue
Act I: Chapter 1
Act I: Chapter 2
Act I: Chapter 3
Act I: Chapter 4
Act I: Chapter 5
Act I: Chapter 6
Act I: Chapter 7
Act I: Chapter 8
Act I: Chapter 9
Act I: Chapter 10
Act I: Chapter 11
Act I: Chapter 12
Act I: Chapter 14
Act I: Chapter 15
Act I: Chapter 16
Act I: Chapter 17
Act I: Chapter 18
Act I: Chapter 19
Act I: Chapter 20
Act I: Chapter 21
Act I: Chapter 22
Act I: Chapter 23
Act II: Prologue
Act II: Chapter 24
Act II: Chapter 25
Act II: Chapter 26
Act II: Chapter 27
Act II: Chapter 28
Act II: Chapter 29
Act II: Chapter 30
Act II: Chapter 31
Act II: Chapter 32
Act II: Chapter 33
Act II: Chapter 34
Act II: Chapter 35
Act II: Chapter 36
Act II: Chapter 37
Act II: Chapter 38
Act II: Final Chapter (39)

Act I: Chapter 13

12 0 0
By GumballFan13

Below the Kindness Clouds was dark and gloomy. Old vines hugged closely to the walls. Old swamp water splashed at each step Percy and Layla took.

"Do you have any idea where we're going?" Layla asked him, "We don't seem to be getting anywhere close to... well, anywhere."

"I might not have a clue where we're going," Percy said, "But that won't stop me from trying to figure out where to go next."

"Wow," Layla said, "I guess some Star Fairies are bound to their SOUL trait."

"At least you told the truth," Percy replied, "Most Integrity SOULs tend to do so, well, if there were any left. No offense."

"None taken," Layla responded, "I've been alone for 100 years, so it's cool."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Percy said, feeling bad for her.

"There's no need," Layla replied, "Let's just try to find our way out of these ruins." She walked ahead of Percy abruptly, splashing Percy with water as she took her steps. As she took her next step into the puddle, a green vine grabbed her leg.

"Ahh!" she screamed, "Something's got my leg!" She reacted to it by casting nearby water at it. As soon as she did so, more vines came out and before they knew it, they were surrounded.

"Um, what do we do?" Layla asked with slight fear, "We're surrounded by wild vines, and they look like they want to attack us."

"I could try using fire magic," Percy suggested, "Let's see how it works." He held his hands out and cast weak purple fire at the vines. His connection to the element wasn't as strong as he thought.

"Dang," he said, "It's not strong enough. Maybe I'll try using water instead, and with a bit of the dark element I can create an enormous wave."

"That might not be a bad idea," Layla added, "Let's combine our powers together to get an even better effect."

"Right," Percy responded. Then, Layla focused all of her energy and made the muddy water below come to her command. Percy assisted her by casting dark energy into the large pool of water. In unison, they cast the water at the vines, causing them to shrink back to where they came from and clearing a path for them. As they walked forward, they saw Envy lying frozen on the ground. Layla and Percy looked towards each other nervously.

"Um, should we do something about her?" Percy asked, "She did do a lot of damage to us."

"It appears that someone used water particles to freeze her pores," Layla replied, "She'll thaw out soon I'm sure." Envy shifted her eyes towards them.

"You guys!" she shouted impatiently, "Unfreeze me right now!"

"No, I don't think I will," Layla said, "You did nothing to deserve it." A few seconds later, the ice inside Envy had melted and she stood up.

"I ought to kill you for what the princess did," she said, "It's only fair that way."

"I wouldn't bother," Percy told her, "We're in a narrow ravine with water below your feet, vines that could grab you, and a Perseverance SOUL that could get the best of you." Envy looked up and smiled evilly.

"That won't stop me from trying though!" she shouted. She then cast a dark energy ball at them. Layla and Percy dodged it, allowing it to hit the vines behind them. Not long afterwards, the vines grabbed Envy's leg and threw her out of the ravine. Layla and Percy were shocked to see that as Envy screamed at the top of her lungs while heading towards the sky.

"Well, I guess she upset the vines or something," Percy said as he shrugged his shoulders. They continued walking. As they did, they ended up meeting up with Blue and Henry.

"Thank goodness you guys are okay," Blue said, "I'm really sorry that I let Deception get the best of me. I feel like my visions get a bit hazy at times."

"It's alright," Layla said. She shifted her eyes downward and saw Henry's hand clutched into Blue's. "Why are you guys holding hands?"

"Perhaps it is for safety," Percy guessed.

"Um, yeah," Blue lied as she blushed, "That's definitely the reason." Layla raised an eyebrow.

"You're sweating and your face is pink," Layla confronted, "You're lying. You guys are actually a couple now. That's the reason." Henry started to blush as well.

"Of course you knew," he responded, "You're Integrity. You can sense when someone is lying." He took a deep breath and tried to avoid looking embarrassed.

"Anyway, have you guys seen the others anywhere?" he asked.

"We have not," Percy said, "But if we stick together, we might have a better chance of finding them." Everyone nod their heads with agreement and then set off to find their friends.

...

Lizzy looked to the left, and then looked to the right. There was nothing but stones and vines.

"Where could they have gone?" she asked Rosie and Emile, "They can't be too far away."

"Hmm, I thought your brains would've come in handy," Emile smirked jokingly.

"Oh shut up," she said back to him, "At least I don't lead a tribe of people who wear leaves for pants." Emile got a little ticked off and clenched his fists.

"Well, At least I don't-" he began before Rosie placed her hand on his shoulder and cut him off.

"Arguing now would not be wise," she told them, "What's the deal with your two SOUL groups? Why don't you guys really like each other?"

"The Bravarians and the Justlands never really got along," Lizzy said, "It was from something that happened years ago. Probably something about how the Justlands are evolving, but the Bravarians are not."

"Interesting," Rosie replied, "Let's keep walking. Blue can't be far." As they continued walking, Emile looked on the walls and saw what appeared to be a tombstone blocking a secret room.

"Hey, hold up," he called out, "There's something over here." Lizzy and Rosie walked over to him.

"Hmm, it appears to be some sort of secret entrance blocked by a tombstone," Lizzy said, trying to sound smart.

"Yeah, I think we got that," Emile replied, "It's pretty easy to figure out." Lizzy grunted.

"Does everything you say to me have to be snarky and rude?" she asked him.

"Nah," Emile said, "I think it's just funny seeing your reaction." Lizzy was almost ready to explode with anger, but Rosie placed her hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"Let's not get angry about this," Rosie said, "Emile's just having his fun." Lizzy took a deep breath.

"You're right," she sighed, "I'm gonna just have to learn to deal with the Bravarian immaturity." Emile held his hands out towards the tombstone and used earth magic to shift it over to the right, revealing an entrance to a secret room. Emile took a step inside, but the others were a bit skeptical about entering.

"Come on," he said, "What are you guys waiting for?"

"Shouldn't we go look for the others right now?" Lizzy asked.

"And miss exploring this?" Emile asked, "I'm sorry, but I just got to check it out." He continued to go inside the room. Rosie didn't feel safe with him wandering off, so she followed him along with Lizzy.

It was dark inside the room. Rosie used fire magic to create a guiding light. As they walked down the narrow hallway, they arrived at what appeared to be an open area somewhat resembling a throne room. Rosie used her fire magic to light the torches on the wall and get a better view. Emile looked forward and saw Fear standing there with an evil smile on her face.

"So, you made it," Fear said demonically, "Welcome to my execution of Willow. I'm so glad you guys could get front row seats." She used telekinesis to pull Willow towards her. Willow began hyperventilating knowing her life was on the line.

"You wouldn't," Rosie said, "You are unaware that you still need her."

"I am aware," she replied as she pointed her sword at Willow's chest, "But if I kill her now, this whole war against us could be over. We would have nothing to seek, and you would have nothing to protect. The Lavender Demon would never awaken."

"But does it really have to come at the cost of her life?" Emile asked, "Blue believes there's always another way to do things. She says the future is always changing, so our future decides that you will not kill her!" He then summoned an orange spear and threw it at Fear. She placed her hand out and used Rhabdophobia to turn the spear pink.

"This is my spear now," she said. She then fired it back at Emile, who proceeded to dodge it.

"Incredible," Rosie said, "Her ability allows her to take anything and make it hers. It means we have to be cautious with our attacks." She summoned her long sword and pointed it at Fear.

"I will take you down myself unless you drop Willow and your weapons," Rosie threatened, "Let go of her, now!"

"What if I don't?" Fear asked with sass, "What can you do about it?"

"Fine," Rosie said, "You asked for it!" She charged forward and swung her sword at Fear. She dodged the attack and countered by punching her in the stomach, knocking her into the wall.

"S-she sure is strong," Rosie said, weakly.

"Perhaps some lightning ought to do it," Lizzy said. She pointed her fingers at Fear and cast a lightning bolt at her. The shock waves from the impact caused Fear to lose her control of Willow, proceeding in the lavender girl falling to the ground.

"Your lightning is strong," Fear told her, "But nowhere as strong as mine!" She cast a pink lightning bolt at Lizzy, knocking her out in the process. Fear began laughing evilly.

"Two down, one to go," she said. Emile lowered his eyebrows.

"You may have gotten the best of my friends, but I won't be taken down so easily!" he said, "I am the SOUL of Bravery!" Suddenly, his body began to transform as an orange aura surrounded him. He acquired a heavy set of orange armor that covered him from chest to toe. His left eye began to glow, leaving an orange string of light trailing off into the distance. He smiled at Fear with a determined look on his face.

"So, you think some fancy set of armor will make you stronger?" Fear asked.

"Heh," Emile said, "The armor's not the only enhancement." He summoned a spear and then held it up.

"My spears have also grown in strength," he continued.

"So, you think your spears are strong enough to defeat me?" Fear asked.

"No, I know so."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.9K 20
Y/n L/n. A special human with a special SOUL. Yes, her Soul Trait is something new. But other than her SOUL trait she has another secret. One day, w...
193K 5.4K 44
Please check out the remake of this story. Long ago the earth was ruled by two races, Humans and Monsters. One day war has broken between the two rac...
1K 70 21
Btw this is my first fan fiction so please don't judge if I make any spelling mistakes or anything. Thanks! Frisk has broken the barrier but humans r...
18.8K 399 66
The Multiverse is vast, expanding continuously as more alternate dimensions are being created. Each world possesses it's own unique laws, stories and...