Dษชา“า“แด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› า“แด€แด›แด‡ - Tสœแด‡ FสŸแด€sสœโœ”๏ธŽ

By DreamXJournal

"๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐—ผ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐ ." - Jodi Piscoult Cora Agรกpi is far from being... More

Quotes by Cora
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter EightTeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Epilogue
VERY EXCITING NEWS

Chapter Twenty-Two

1.7K 42 6
By DreamXJournal

I've been known to hide my emotions very well. Fear was one I was great with, the most.

So here's an update on what's going on. Ronnie, Caitlin's supposed dead fiancée is apparently alive now.

And Dr. Harrison Wells, a paralyzed man, can walk. Oh how Central City is so different from Starling.

I stood next to Barry, both of us deep in thought as we stared at his mother's case on the board. I took in a deep breath, prepared for what I was about to say.

"Barry there's something you need to know." I said as he turned his attention to me. "Doctor-"

"Barry! Cora hey!" I turned around, mentally swearing Iris away like no tomorrow as she walked into the lab.

"I have some news!" Iris said with a grin as Barry and I shared a glance. "Eddie asked me to move in with him and I said yes! Heh." She said with a laugh as I frowned. She could have told us AFTER I told Barry about Wells?

"That's uh. That's great." Barry said, clearly not very interested as he turned back to me. "What was it you were going to say, Cora?"

"Oh. . . It can wait." I said with an internal roll of my eyes.

"Don't you guys think you're moving a little fast?" I suggested as Iris stared blankly at me.

"It's been a year. Eddie thought you'd be weirded out by it, Barry." Iris said with a laugh as Barry frowned.

"Why would I be weirded out by it?" Barry asked, crossing his arms.

"He thinks you like me. . . Romantically." Iris said as I held back a snort, clearly Barry held one back as well. "I mean it's silly even suggesting it-"

"Iris. A word for a second?" Barry said, pulling her a little far away as I shrugged, walking over to my desk, trying to my best to eavesdrop without making it look obvious.

"I told you about a month or two after I woke up that I liked you, right?" Barry said as I felt my heart sink. "Those feelings are... so far gone now and if I'll be honest I don't think they will ever come back. Now I just. . . I love you more as a sister than anything else. And I have feelings for someone else, Iris. You know that." I flicked a magazine into my face, trying to block out the rest of the conversation.

I glanced over to see a hurt expression on Iris' face. Why on earth was she sad Barry didn't like her like that anymore? She's always talking about how she loves Eddie.

"I Uh... I guess I should get going then. Bye." Iris said as I nodded her goodbye.

"Well. That was-" I was cut off by a hush of a gust of wind, and the feeling of a hand wrapped around my throat, squeezing tightly as I gasped, coughing for air.

"CORA!" Barry yelled, as I heard the man in the yellow suit howl with laughter.

"Love is a powerful emotion. It breaks you down to your weakest point, doesn't it Barry Allen?." The Reverse Flash said with a scowl.

"Let her go!" Barry yelled, and I could barely hear the fear in his voice as I gasped for air, digging my nails into the fabric of the yellow suit.

"You. . . were the one in my house that night. You killed my mother!" Barry yelled as I could faintly see an evil smirk on the mans face, one that sent a terrified shiver up my spine.

"And now. I'll kill the girl you love. And if you want to find out why I killed them. . ." The reverse flash turned to Barry.

"You'll have to catch me first."

In an instant, I heard a snap, followed by the most painful scream I've ever let out before I went almost dead silent as I almost collapsed to the ground.

Barry sled over, catching me before I hit the concrete as I stared ahead in pain, unable to move, barely breath, and talk.

"Cora! Cora can you hear me?!" Barry said, a tear falling off his cheek as it hit mine.

How am I awake? More importantly, how the fuck am I alive?

"Cora please say something." Barry begged as my eyes flickered to his. To try and lighten the mood, I cracked a smile.

"O-Ow." I said, trying to force out a chuckle but nothing came. Barry didn't even hesitate before he ran me to S.T.A.R. Labs, not even explaining what happened to me before making a mad dash to find the man in the yellow suit.

"OH MY GOD CORA!" Cisco yelled as he dropped his red vibe, running up to me as Caitlin yelled, quickly working on scanning my vitals.

"Her temperature is off the charts. Cora what happened?!" Caitlin said as I felt myself begin to sweat, but I wasn't burning.

"M-m-my b-back. . ." I stuttered as Caitlin did the fastest scan I'd seeing her do.

"Her back is shattered! How are you not dead? Or unconscious?!" Cisco asked as I could do nothing but look at them.

And then I fell unconscious.

☀︎︎

There was a hand squeezing mine when I woke up, a neck brace around my neck as I groaned, looking around to see the most confused Caitlin and Cisco I'd ever seen. I looked down to see Cisco squeezing my hand.

"How?" Cisco spoke first as I frowned at him. "How are you not dead? Or-Or paralyzed?!" He asked as I looked down at my feet, confused.

"I don't know, because nothing happened to me?." I whispered as I reached for the neck brace, ripping it off.

"Cora you need to sit-"

"How long have I been out?" I asked as everyone looked at each other. "How. Long?"

"Two months."

"I MISSED CHRISTMAS?!" I yelled as everyone flinched, eyes wide. "Dammit!" I said, dropping back into the bed.

"That isn't even the worst part. . ." Cisco muttered, a look of betrayal on his face.

"What is worse than missing Christmas?" I said, crossing my arms.

"The fact that Barry is in a morgue and there's a dead guy there."

"It's a morgue. There's going to be dead guys. Now. I'd like to-" I went to sit up, only to be pushed down by Caitlin.

"Caitlin come on! Let me up!" I protested as she grabbed my arm, taking a quick blood sample. "Ugh rude! Blood is supposed to stay IN my body."

"I need to run tests." Caitlin said with a cold look as I frowned.

"Frankly, dear, I don't give a damn." I said before pressing the clips on the needle, feeling it retract out of my arm as I grabbed gauze as pressed it on the open wound, watching as Caitlin dropped her mouth.

"I need to be waiting in the cortex to greet Barry." I said as I quickly stood up, walking to the middle of the cortex as I waited.

"Gus I'm on my way back." I heard Barry say through the comms. And as quick as he said it, Barry was in front of the Cortex entrance.

"Any updates on Co-" Barry's eyes locked onto mine, a smile on both of our faces as he normal-ran up to me, embracing me in such a big hug that he lifted me into the air.

What made me end up crying was the sob I heard escape Barry. "I really thought I lost you." Barry said as I frowned, looking at him when he set me down.

"I just have a question. How did I even fall into the coma? Because last I remember, I was at Mercury Labs with you Barry." I said as Barry removed his masked, looking at Caitlin and Cisco.

"Must be amnesia." Cisco suggested with a frown. "You don't remember anything after that?" He asked s I shook my head.

"Well. I should um. I should take you to your apartment. Caitlin can run some tests in the morning." Barry offered as I nodded.

I waved goodbye to Cisco and Caitlin before I blinked, opening my eyes to find that I was standing in my bedroom.

"Barry. . . Did I say or do anything before I was put into a coma for two months?" I asked as he shook his head almost instantly.

"The last time I saw you um. . . We were in the lab. And you kinda just. . ." Barry smacked his hands, making a splat noise as my eyes widened.

"I just fell into a coma? Like that?" I asked as Barry shrugged, nodding as I frowned. "Well um. . . We should get to bed. I guess Joe would want us at the Morgue tomorrow." I suggested as Barry nodded.

"Goodnight Cora."

"Goodnight Barry." And just like that, he was gone.

☀︎︎

So, Eddie came back with the bearer of terrible news.  Joe was taken when they went to search the Mardon brothers old hideout, and now Barry was freaking out.

And not only that, but it looks like Captain Singh is paralyzed after being struck by Mardon. Cisco's Wizard Wand of sorts definitely didn't work.

"We will find him, Barry." I reassured as he quickly nodded. "We will get him home. I promise." I told Barry once again as I reached for his hand, squeezing it gently.

Now, in the matter of a few hours, Barry and I stood in the park, looking out at a giant ship that no doubt held Joe and Mark Mardon. I gripped Barry's hands in fear, watching as I very small wave turned into a giant one, racing towards the shore.

"C-Cora there's something that I need to tell you. . ." Barry said as I turned to him, my hair blowing in my face.

"O-Over nearly a year that Ive gotten to know you, I've felt this connection that I don't think I've felt with anyone in my life. I mean. . . Every-time I look at you, or see you smile, my heart melts so fast and my stomach does so many flips that it makes me sick." Barry started as I felt my cheeks start to burn up, the faintest smile on my lips.

"I haven't been able to leave your side since you went under that coma, and since those two months have passed I spent every waking hour thinking about you. I- Cora I-"  I grabbed the sides of Barry's face, cutting him off as I finally did the one thing I'd wanted to do for so long.

I finally kissed Barry Allen.

The kiss lasted less that 10 seconds, but it was one I'd never forget. Why on earth did his lips taste like honey? It doesn't matter, it was perfect.

Barry pulled away, the biggest smile on his face before he backed up, spinning at lightning speed before he stopped, revealing himself to be in his Flash costume.

"I don't think I'll ever forget that kiss, Barry Allen." I said as I smiled widely. "Shit." I said as I suddenly remembered that Cisco needed my help with something.

"Get me back to S.T.A.R labs." Barry nodded, sweeping me off my feet. I was now inside the cortex, Barry now most likely back at the water front as I raced to the basement.

"Cisco you said you needed my-" I stopped as Cisco stared at the weird and giant machine, where the man in the yellow suit stood.

"Cisco what the hell is going on?" I said as I walked up next to him.

"It's a fake. That's a hologram." Cisco said as I frowned, staring at the supposed hologram.

"Oh, I'm not like the Flash at all." The hologram started. "Some would say I'm-"

"The Reverse." Cisco and I'd attention snapped around to see none other than Harrison Wells.

Standing.

"What the hell-" I muttered, feeling nothing but fear flow through my body.

"You know. This wasn't really how either rod your lives were supposed to end." Dr Wells started as I held in a sob, tears prickling my eyes.

"Cisco, you were supposed to live to the age of 78 I believe and Cora. . . Why you still had a good 65 years until you meet the gates of heaven." He said, stepping out of the elevator.

"You two are incredibly clever." Dr Wells said as I sucked in a breath. "I've always said so."

"Y-You're him." Cisco uttered as I pressed my lips together.

"You're the Reverse Flash." I stated the obvious as Wells chuckled. "You showed me that picture. . ."

"Oh. Of you and Barry? You mean this one, Right?" Harrison asked as he showed me the same photo, but this time, the baby was gone.

Slowly, I nodded as Cisco gasped, and I couldn't tel if it was joy, or fear. "You two and I have never. Properly been introduced." Harrison said as he placed his arms behind his back.

"I am Eobard Thawne."

"Wait. . . like. . . Like Eddie?" I asked as he smiled, nodding slowly.

"Let's call him a. . . Distant relative with Iris in the picture." Eobard said as everything started to drown out. Everything started to come together again.

It all made sense. Why he showed up in my apartment, telling me to go to star labs, why he showed me the picture of Barry and I'd wedding day.

He needed me to meet Barry so Iris could marry Eddie. They needed to be married in order for Eobard to exist.

"You two are smart. But you aren't that smart." Eobard said, I didn't even realize how close he was.

"Do you know how hard it was to keep these secrets from the team? Especially you, Cisco and Cora. Because in fact, I've grown quite fond of you two. And in many ways. . . You've shown me what it's like to have a daughter and son." Eobard said as he raised his hands, both vibrating at a rapid speed.

"Forgive me. But you two have been dead for centuries." I gasped as I felt his hand vibrate through my heart, shredding it to pieces.

"CORA NO!" Was the last thing I heard from Cisco as he too gasped. I watched as a single tear fell from Eobard's eye as I looked at him, the biggest look of betrayal on my face as he yanked his hand from my chest.

And down I fell into the void of darkness, where I know ceased to exist with my best friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 36 35
The team at S.T.A.R Labs had a lot on their mind. They were facing a mysterious man who kidnapped metas. So far only one had escaped. Alexis "Alex" B...
101K 2.4K 43
Joe had adopted Delaney as an infant and cared for her as his own. In school, Iris, Barry and Delaney were best friends. Barry always found himself i...
5K 198 24
Aspen Penrose can't remember what it was like before the Particle Accelerator exploded two years ago. The bright light in the sky, the wave of energy...
2.7K 130 26
My name is Arabella Smith, I am a sketch artist and a CSI. I am best friends with Iris West. I would be closer to Barry if he wasn't so caught up wit...