The String of Hearts

By Prerna345

"Just leave me alone Vibha"Anand screamed , jerking her hands off his shoulder. "I know that I'm less import... More

Prologue
1) Pregnant?
2) Dr. Vennela meets Dr. Jay
4) Our Baby
5) Conflicts
6) Shattered Lives
7) Feelings?
8) Bitter Truth
9) Marriage
10) First Night-s
11) New Morning
12) Pregnancy Complications
13) Inner Turmoils
14) Forgiveness!
15) Coming Closer
16) Another Heartbreak!
17) Save Our Baby
18) New Hopes
19) Fallen Hopes
20) We are Over
21) Outbursts
22) Opening Up
23) New Home
24) Torn Apart
25) Vennela goes Missing
26) Jay's Birthday
27) Truths?
28) Shradha
29) Healing Wounds
30) The Fight
31) Verdict
32) Farewell Party
33) Being Together
34) First Kiss
35) Day Off
36) London Dreams
37) Betrayal
38) Forgive Me
39) Misunderstandings
40) Vennelas Journal
41) The Report
42) Another Chance?
43) Deep Wounds
44) Melting Her
45) Desires and Regrets
46) Realizations!
47) The Last Entry
48) Divorce?
49) Never Let Go
50) Closure(s)
51) Bury the Pain
52) Love and Agony
53) I Choose You
54) Final War
55) Best Day Ever
56) Home
57) The Nightmare
58) Healing Together
59) Love Beyond Moon

3) The Conversation

1.1K 76 7
By Prerna345

Vennela's Point Of View

*****

Vibha was lying in my lap. She finally fell asleep after a long cry. I cried along with her.

"What will we do now?"I asked to her and I knew that she had no answer.

Amma kept calling me continuosly while it was raining heavily outside. Finally I decided to pick it up

"Vennu where are you both? Do you know how many times I tried calling you both"she shouted and I wiped my tears.

"I'm -- sorry Amma. My phone was in silent mode"I said

"Where's Vibha?"she asked and I looked at her who is in my lap. I caressed her hairs.

"She's with me. I came to meet Sana in her house and took her along with me"I lied. I could hear my mother's sigh of relief from the other side.

"I got worried when you both didn't pick up my calls. When are you coming back?"she asked

"We -- we will stay back here Amma. It's raining heavily here"I said.

"But Vennu you have to join tomorrow right?"she asked.

"Yes Amma. You please don't worry. I'll go from here and I will send Vibha in the morning. You eat well and sleep"I said.

"Okay fine. Call me in the morning"she said and I cut the call. Then I realised that Amma might spot the blood in the washroom. Vibha's phone is also left there. I decided to get back home early in the morning.

I sat there for a long time , wondering how Amma will react to the news. Sleep unknowingly occupied me.

Next morning Vibha was holding into my arms tightly. I decided to go and meet Anand and come into a decision.

"Akka I'm worried about Amma. I don't know how will she react if we --"

I held her hand and stopped her

"Nothing will happen. We can't hide it from her either. We should let her know the truth"I said and she sobbed.

"Vibha there's no point in crying. It happened and now we should find a solution. Please stop crying. I told you right. I'm always with you"I said and she hugged me again.

I asked Sana to take care of Vibha before leaving the hospital

"Just come soon. Dr. Jay is a bit short tempered. So be punctual"she said and I nodded

"I will try"I said and left

On the way to my house my heart pounded. I know that Amma won't be able to digest the truth. But I should make her strong enough to face this.

I reached back home and I saw her sitting in the couch with her head buried in her hands. I took a deep breath and walked to her.

"Amma?"I called her softly. She raised her head to look at me and I realised that she's angry

"Amma I --"

"Is Vibha hiding something from me Vennu?"she asked and I stood frozen.

How does she know?

"I --"

"See"she showed me Vibha's phone and I saw infinite number of missed calls in her phone from Anand.

"Who's Anand? Does she know him?"she asked in a go.

Come on..Speak the truth

I said to myself.

"Vennu say something. Where's Vibha? Tell me the truth. Where were you both yesterday night?"she asked again.

"Anand is her boyfriend Amma"I said first and I saw her sighing in anger.

"I only got to know about this yesterday and --"I stopped and then looked at her.

"Vibha tried to commit suicide and she's admitted in the hospital"I said and she looked at me , shocked.

"What? Vennu what are you saying? Where's my child? Why did she tried to --"

I spoke in between.

"Amma Vibha is pregnant"I said and I saw her collapsing into the floor. I ran to her and made her sit in the couch.

"Please calm down and listen to me. She needs us"I said.

I told her everything about Anand and Vibha. She sat , frozen for a long time.

"I failed as a mother didn't I?"she asked.

"No Amma. It's not your fault. It's ours. She's a kid and we should have guided her. I was so much into studies and you were in your work. Please don't blame yourself"I said

"Vennu take me to Vibha. I want to speak with her. I want to meet that boy who spoiled my daughter's life"she said

"You can. But I'll meet him first. Let's go to Vibha now. She needs us"I said and she nodded.

I freshened up quickly and locked the house. We headed towards the hospital again.

Sana was waiting for me there outside. She asked me to go and meet Dr. Jay quickly. But I wanted to stay back with Vibha some more time.

"Don't worry. I'll take your mother to Vibha. Dr. Jay had gone for rounds. Go and wait in his cabin"she said and I nodded and left.
Amma walked inside to meet Vibha.

I checked the time and headed towards Dr.Jays cabin quickly. I didn't even realise that I collided with someone. My bag fell down from my hands and I picked it up.

"I'm sorry"I said

"It's okay it's my fault. I'm sorry"that person apologised.

"Dr. Vennela?"he asked and I looked at him.

"Yeah do you know me?"I asked.

"Well punctuality is something which I always admire in a person but sadly you don't have that"he said and I frowned.

Wait...Is he Dr. Jay?

"Um Dr. Jay?"I asked , unsure.

"Welcome to GRB HOSPITALS"he said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry Doctor. I got a bit late"I apologised.

"It's fine. Well Dr. Sana told me that your sister is admitted here. Is she fine?"he asked. I hesitated.

"Yeah -- she's fine"I said.

"Come"he walked ahead and I followed him silently.

"So Dr. Vennela you did well as an intern and I heard a lot from Dr. Sirisha about you. So you just have to do your job and be dedicated to your work. Everything will fall into place"he said

"I'll show my level best Dr."

"Good. I'm looking forward to see your work"he said.

I quietly nodded.

"Dr. Jay there's an emergency"a nurse walked upto us.

"I'll come"he said and turned to leave

"Can I join you Dr.?"I asked

"Nope. You seemed to be so disturbed Dr. Vennela. If you don't have a steady mind it will affect your concentration. You know what concentration means to a doctor. So stay outside. I can't take risk on a life"he said and I frowned

"Dr. Sana might have not informed your sisters suicide attempt to the police yet. Do it first. It's a rule and you're a doctor"he said and I widened my eyes

"But doctor --"

"Just do it"he snapped and walked inside the operation theatre leaving me alone there.

Anand's Point Of View

*****

I was lying in the bed recalling Vibha's words. She's pregnant. She's carrying my child Inside her. I don't know what I'm going to do next. One part of me says to stay with her and raise the baby. But I know it will never happen. Other part of me do not want to spoil her life and career.

Fault is mine!

I crossed all my limits. I'm feeling ashamed of myself. I grabbed my phone and dialled her number.

"Please take your phone Vibha"I said to myself. I lost my temper when she didn't. I threw the phone in the floor and it broke into pieces.

I gulped down another beer bottle and sat on the floor , staring at the ceiling.

"Vibha I'm really sorry. Please come back to me"I wiped the tears off which sneaked out of my eyes.

I walked to the balcony and stood there for some time. This is vibha's favourite place. She loved this space when I took her here for the first time.

F**k! It hurts

"Anand open the door"I heard Sharan Calling me out. I ignored him.

"Anand"he shouted.

"Sharan just f*****g leave me alone for sometime"I screamed.

"Someone is here to meet you"he said.

Is it Vibha?

"She's waiting for you downstairs"

I smiled widely and opened the door quickly. Without giving him a chance to explain I ran downstairs.

"Vibha"I said looking around the living room. But I saw someone else sitting in the couch. Initially I couldn't recognise the face but I was sure that I've seen her somewhere.

She stood up when she saw me. I walked towards her

"Anand?"she asked and I nodded

"Yeah"I said

"I'm Vennela and I'm vibha's sister"she said and it dawned

Vibha had shown me her pictures. Slowly guilt took over me.

"Why did you destroy my sister's life?"she asked coldly and I had no answer.

"I didn't destroy her life"I said slowly

"She's carrying your child inside her damn it and I'm sure you know it"she shouted.

"Yes I know and I'm ready to bear anything"I said.

"Vibha tried to kill herself. Do you know that?"she shouted and I stood frozen.

"What?"

"She tried to commit suicide. Just because of you I would have lost my sister"she said and tears rolled down my cheeks. I felt numb

I can't imagine a life without her.

*****

Precap : "Yes anna. I want you besides me now"he said leaving me surprised

Hope you're loving the story.

Thank U ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 4.8K 68
#2 in pranushka #6 in pranushka on 19/02/2022 "What the hell Pranav? I got to know about this, just the time you got to know. You don't have to beha...
4.7K 224 30
RIYANSH SINGH RAJVANSH, 28 year old,A greek God in form of a man or better say god of hell. He is a underworld mafia boss and CEO of his self made co...
4.4K 218 9
Shivansh exclaimed,"I have been the devil ruling the hell throughout my life but she made me feel what it is to hold the heaven in my hands." ~ "Keep...
82K 3.6K 33
Highest Ranking: #2 in Telugu 07.18. 2020 They hid their love for one another afraid they would loose each other's friendship but fate takes control...