Dษชา“า“แด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› า“แด€แด›แด‡ - Tสœแด‡ FสŸแด€sสœโœ”๏ธŽ

By DreamXJournal

"๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐—ผ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐ ." - Jodi Piscoult Cora Agรกpi is far from being... More

Quotes by Cora
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter EightTeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Epilogue
VERY EXCITING NEWS

Chapter Sixteen

1.7K 35 0
By DreamXJournal

Cora

The night was cut short when Eddie had to go. Snart had been spotted in the Museum where they kept the jewel.

I had to lie about Barry leaving, taking he just felt sick. I've always been known as a good liar, so hopefully Iris would hug the lie of why I left as well.

I guess I figured out I'm "allergic" to lemonade after drinking 5 cups of it.

By the time I got to S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry was on a stretcher groaning in pain.

"Barry!" I yelled, running over as my flats clicked on the ground. I could faintly hear Cisco whistle almost silently.

"Barry what happened?!" I said as he looked at me before looking away in pain as he was slowly healing from third-degree frostbite. Caitlin said he was lucky to be alive.

"Snart he's... he's not another metahuman." Barry said as my eyes widened.

"He has some kind of gun. It froze things. It slowed me down. Enough that I wasn't able to save someone." He said as I looked at him with remorse.

"According to his records, Snart didn't even finish high school." Caitlin said as I frowned once more.

"So how did he build a handheld, high-tech snow machine??" I said, turning to Cisco. "Cisco?"

"S.T.A.R. Labs built the cold gun." Dr. Wells said as I turned to him in shock.

"What..." I said quietly before Cisco chimed in.

"It had nothing to do with Dr. Wells or Caitlin. It was my idea." He said as Barry and I shook our heads in disbelief.

"Why would you do that, Cisco?" I asked as he looked at me. It was clear he was holding back tears.

"Because speed and cold are opposites."

"You-you built the gun to stop Barry?" I said as Barry slowly sat up, walking up next to me.

"Temperature is measured by how quickly the atoms of something are oscillating. Faster they are, the hotter it is. When things are cold, they're slower on the atomic level. When there's no movement, it's called-"

"Absolute zero." Barry and I mumbled. I could practically feel the anger radiating off of Barry.

"I designed a compact cryo-engine to achieve absolute zero. I built it to stop you. I didn't know who you were then, Barry. I mean, what if you turned out to be some psycho, like Martin or Nimbus?"

"But I didn't, did I?" Barry half-yelled as Cisco flinched slightly.

"You can understand why Cisco would wanna be prepared for the worst." Dr. Wells said as Barry fumed.

"We can understand that." I said, crossing my arms. "But what I can't understand is why Cisco didn't tell me, or Barry about the cold gun. After everything Barry has gone through, after everything we have gone through, I thought you trusted us, Cisco."

"I do, Cora but-"

"If you had just told me... I could've been prepared. But someone died tonight." Barry interrupted as Cisco nodded slowly.

"And I have to live with that." He said as Barry shook his head.

"No Cisco. We all do." Barry and I walked out of the Cortex, desperately in need of fresh air to cool down.

As we exited S.T.A.R labs, I definitely started to feel bad. "We shouldn't be mad at Cisco. . . There was a reason he didn't tell any of us." I said as Barry ran a hand through his hair.

"He didn't tell us because he thought you'd turn out to be evil. We can't be mad at him forever, Bar. He's our friend." I said as it began to get dark.

"You should head back to your apartment. Get some sleep." He said as I sighed.

"you should too. Not head back to my apartment.. but get some sleep. I need to call Felicity and make sure she's doing alright." I said as Barry nodded.

"I can't." Barry finally said after a short silence. I frowned at him, tilting my head. "I can't go to sleep: Everytime I close my eyes, I sent ethat man's face. I watched him for. I have to go faster."

"Barry. It's not your fault he died. And it isn't Cisco's either. I know you're upset, but you have to look at this from his point of view." I said as he nodded.

"I know. He didn't trust me-" Caitlin opened the front door to S.T.A.R. Labs, staring at us.

"Come on guys." She said before we followed her.

☀︎︎

At long last, Barry was finally able to catch Leonard Snart, or as Cisco named him: Captain Cold.

It actually didn't take very long, considering Felicity hacked into the cold gun in less than 30 seconds, which honestly, didn't surprise me as much as I wished it did.

But, Barry had turned his comms off to fight Snart, and it worried me more than I liked to admit. I understood why he didn't want to talk, but we are still his team, and he needed us as much as we needed him.

Smart ended up nearly killing a literal train full of people after finding out that not being able to save anyone was Barry's weakness.

Thankfully he was fast enough.

Cisco and I ended up getting Snart to lay off by threatening to suck him up with a vacuum cleaner, so I guess it was a win.

But, he did end up stealing the diamond, so it's a win-lose situation. But it was alright, because the city was safe for now.

"Speaking of teams, I should probably get back to mine." Felicity said as we all turned to her. I felt a sad smile cross my lips at her words.

"It was so nice meeting you Felicity. I hope to see you soon." I said as I brought her into a sudden hug.

"It was nice meeting you too, Cora. Come visit whenever you'd like." She said as I smiled.

"I definitely will."

"It was nice meeting you, Miss Smoak." Dr. Wells said as they exchanged a handshake. "Please extend a hello to the Arrow for us." He continued as she smiled, nodding.

"I will." Felicity said before turning to Barry. "Bye, Barry."

"Bye, Felicity." And with that, Felicity disappeared from the Cortex.

"Remarkable young woman." Wells said.

"That she is." I replied, turning to walk into one of the small rooms in the Cortex to pack up my things. I chose to drown out Barry's weak threat to Cisco.

Barry walked in to say goodbye, a smile on my face as we followed each other out to my car. "I'll see you tomorrow, Barry." I said as he nodded, disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Barry

I sat down in front of Felicity on the train, earning a Yelp from her. "Did I just Yelp? I yelped." She said as I chuckled.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Don't tell me you're here to save me." Felicity joked as I shook my head.

"This is still one of the safest ways to travel." I said with a smile as she frowned.

"I thought that was airplanes?" She muttered as I shrugged. There was a small awkward silence for a moment before she spoke up again.

"Remember you told me you had a little experience... liking somebody who didn't see you the same way?" She asked as I raised a brow, nodding. "That was Cora, wasn't it?" I felt my eyes widen.

"How did you-"

"It's the little things. The way you look at her when she's not watching, that adorable yet goofy look you have on your face when she smiles or says a joke. The way you linger around her. Quiet dreams you keep to yourself. You always seem to be next to her, Barry." Felicity said as I suddenly felt embarrassed.

"Is it that obvious?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Not to her."

"Like you and Oliver." I said as Felicity shrugged.

"Takes one to know one." She answered as I sighed. "What is wrong with us? We are perfectly perfect for each other and yet here we are, pining over people we can't have." Felicity continued as I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees.

The next few sentences I said washed away, as I quickly found myself leaning towards Felicity, our lips connecting.

But I didn't feel the way I think I would. There wasn't a spark between us, no desire to keep our lips together. Because I just kept thinking about Felicity being Cora.

I pulled back from Felicity, and I could tell she was thinking the same thing: we definitely weren't perfectly perfect for each other like she thought.

"Goodbye Felicity." I said before exiting the train in the blink of an eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4K 80
My name is Samantha Smith and I am the fastest women alive. When I was 11 I saw my parents murdered by something impossible. I was sent to a care ho...
298K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...
9.7K 87 30
Months following saving central city, Barry goes at alone now, he quit being Daniella's partner and he shoved away those closest to him, but now team...
237K 5.4K 69
Book (1) Ella Peters is just a regular girl. She has always dreamed of becoming a reporter. When she was a kid, she was best friends with Barry Allen...