WHO? | The Alpha (Book One)

By MalyTenTen

[Complete] [Editing] Georgina, an inquisitive incoming college student, must seek answers to understand why... More

Author's Note
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
THANK YOU!
Author's Note
Hi!

XXXIV

2.6K 144 11
By MalyTenTen

George

"Beautiful even without makeup," My words are cut by what Jared says. I hear a low growl as he breathes out.

I feel my heart skips a beat. It's been what? A week? More than a week? I haven't seen him for a while. I haven't talked to him for what seems like ages. Somehow, I kind of miss him. I guess?

He drags Stacey outside. Perhaps, to stop her mouth from talking more. After he turns his back, I breathe out. I didn't even notice how long I hold my breath.

"Fucking hell," I hear his deep mutter before he completely drags Stacey with him.

My gaze follows Jared's silhouette until he enters the apartment with Stacey. I take a deep breath before closing the door. With heavy footsteps, I go upstairs. My green eyes stare at my reflection. Stacey puts light makeup on my face. The eyeshadow is not balanced, though. It great knowing she is a beginner.

I reach for wet wipes in the drawer of my side table and remove my makeup. Then, I enter the bathroom to wash my face. I also change my clothes into a pair of silk white pajamas with black linings.

After completely removing my makeup, I go downstairs to eat. I just made a sandwich for dinner. While taking a bite, I sit on the couch and turn on the TV. I bring my journal with me and start writing. My gaze trail over the paper scattered on the floor. I see a crescent keychain resting on the floor.

I touch the keychain, and it glimmers. My eyebrows furrow. I run my fingers on the precious gems on it.

"This looks expensive," I mutter.

A sharp pain suddenly occurs in my head. I hold my head tight.

"You have to be hidden."

"It's for the best."

"How can a newborn be a danger?"

Images flash in my head quickly.

Dark forest.

Black claws.

Females with blue, green, and pink hair surround a baby.

As the images speed up in flashing, the pain in my head becomes severely painful.

Blood.

A clanging of swords.

Arrow approaching me.

I hitch my breath.

Fangs.

"We."

A pair of red eyes.

"Should."

A group of werewolves looking up.

"Find."

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands around my neck, gripping it tight.

"The alpha."

I gasp for air and sharply open my eyes after seeing a pale man with red eyes. A strangled breath escapes my mouth. Coughing, I hold my chest tightly. I fall to my knees. My hands weaken, causing the keychain to fall on the floor.

"A-alpha? R-red eyes?"

Jared.

This can't be Stacey's keychain, of course.

'I'm looking for a lost wolf.'

"It's him," I pant.

"Oh my gosh," I breathe out.

"Jared is looking for Clarkson."

With shaky hands, I immediately dial Clarkson's number.

"Clark," I ask, trying my best to sound casual.

"Georgina?"

I take a deep breath before I speak, "I saw a crescent keychain here, with emeralds on it. Is this yours?"

"Yes! I'll go back," he exclaims, sounding nervous.

"I can hand this to you tomorrow at the campus," I say in my calmest way.

"No!" he exclaims. "It's important to me."

Sigh.

You just confirmed that you're a werewolf.

"Alright. Where are you at?"

"I'm here in the taco place near you."

What are you doing there?

I want to ask him that.

"The one near the playground?"

"Hmm."

"Okay. I might be there after 10 minutes."

"Alright. Thanks, George," he says. Then, I end the call.

Quickly, I go outside. I forgot where I put my keys, so I take a taxi instead. I put the keychain inside my wallet. Danger. I don't know why, but I sense danger is coming.

I touch the keychain once again.

Is this some sort of a magical thing?

"Did I just see his memories here?" I whisper under my breath.

Why would I see his memories?

I feel the same pain in my head once again.

"Take care, my young wolf," I hear a female voice says.

"What the fu-" I hear the driver curse.

My eyes flutter open. I see a man on top of someone, choking him.

Jared.

I gasp.

Clarkson.

I hand my money to the driver and do not wait for my change.

"What the fuck!?" I growl.

I glare at the two of them, but I glare at Jared more, who looks completely fine. On the other hand, Clarkson has wounds and looks beaten by a gang. Jared looks away and clenches his jaw. I grab Clarkson's wrist.

"Don't you dare follow us!"

"Here." I startle after hearing Clarkson's voice. 

My thoughts are interrupted by him. He spares me some of his clothes.

I accidentally saw your memories in that keychain.

I want to say that, but I'm afraid he would get mad at me. After all, he's a werewolf. His innocent face may turn into a wolf and tear my body limb by limb.

Goodness, that was brutal.

But, I feel that he won't do that to me. I know I should be screaming right now because I'm with another unknown creature, but there's something with Clarkson that made me feel safe.

I watch Aunt Liz sleeps on a gray couch. She wears an oversized T-shirt of Clarkson.

"I'm really sorry for bothering you this late at night. There are a lot of vampires at my place. Shane might be on her shift right now. Jeremy and Andrew will ask me a lot of questions. If I tell them that I am surrounded by vampires, they might think I'm going crazy. I—"

Clarkson pulls me in for a hug. He wraps his arms around my waist, which stops me from talking. He rests his chin on my shoulder. His fingers brush my hair.

"It's fine, George. Get some rest," he says while hugging me.

Tears start pouring. I wrap my arms around Clarkson's neck. He is standing in front of me while I am sitting on the couch. He kneels so that we're at the same height.

"What's happening?" I sob.

He just brushes his hand through my hair.

"I don't want to go to class tomorrow," I say. "I'm scared, Clarkson."

"He might know that I knew everything," I add.

"Alright. I won't go to class as well," he says.

I yawn and rub my eyes.

"You can rest in the bedroom. I'll sleep on the couch," he says, pointing at one of the doors.

"No, I'm fine here. You can bring Aunt Liz to the bedroom, or I can share the bedroom with her."

"No. I'll carry your Aunt to the other room. My brothers won't be home tonight," he says.

"But-"

"Don't make me get mad," he casually says and smiles.

I swallow hard and then slowly nod.

'Vampire.'

It's half-past twelve, but I am fully awake. I'm still searching for answers. I even typed 'Why the fuck would a vampire follow me everywhere?' in frustration.

"Georgina," I jump out of surprise when I hear Clarkson's voice.

I quickly hide my phone and firmly close my eyes. I hear the door click open.

"I know you're awake, Miss," he says.

I quickly turn and face him. His arms are crossed over his chest.

"You're so loud," I glare at him. "It made me wake up," I stare into his eyes to convince him that I am not lying.

"Quit lying," he casually says. "Sleep. Good night," he says and smiles at me.

"I'm not lying!" I yell.

"Wow, you just lied twice in less than a minute," I hear him chuckle.

"I can't sleep," I sigh.

He sits beside me.

"Once upon a time," he speaks all of a sudden.

My gaze lands on him. "What are you—"

"Shh. Shut up and listen. There's a kingdom of dogs. However, the kingdom was in danger. The king assigned ten dogs to look for the strongest leader. Sadly, their enemies found the strongest leader first," he continues.

"What happened to the strongest leader?" I ask curiously and open my eyes.

"The leader was surrounded by the enemy, with no idea what was going on. Then, one of the assigned dogs found the strongest one. He has to bring the strongest one with him to finally finish the threat in their kingdom," he finished.

"Wait a second. You are the strongest one?" I ask in confusion. "Can't you tell me what you are in simple words?"

"I thought your smart," he blurts out.

"Hey!" I yell and glare at him.

"He has to bring the strongest one with him to finally finish the threat in their kingdom."

"They haven't found you yet," I say. "Are they even looking for you?"

"You want me to bring you back to your kingdom?" I tease.

I just hear a chuckle escapes from his mouth. He shakes his head.

"Let's just pretend it's a bedtime story, George," he says.

"Yeah," I nod. " A bedtime story.

I hope this will end happily ever after.

* * *

:>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 385 32
~Lesbian romance & Mature language~ *Second book in The Haven Series* *Cannot be read as a stand-alone book* Here we are five years later, fighting f...
261 22 18
Moving to a new city and school is never easy. Natalia wants to keep her head down and finish out her last semester without issues. That is, of cours...
4.6K 459 70
|| 3rd Place, Teen Fiction winner of the Lavender Awards|| Right out of high school and starting her first year in university, Claire Paisley thought...
66 20 27
Growing up for Naomi Warner was nothing less than a nightmare. She was bullied by her peers, and her home life wasn't always easy. On top of that, Na...