WHO? | The Alpha (Book One)

De MalyTenTen

[Complete] [Editing] Georgina, an inquisitive incoming college student, must seek answers to understand why... Mai multe

Author's Note
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
THANK YOU!
Author's Note
Hi!

XXIX

2.7K 159 20
De MalyTenTen

Andrew

"Georgina!" Jeremy yells as we walk on the sidewalk. He waves his hand to the brunette walking towards us. The redhead tag along with her.

"Jeremiah!" She yells with a hint of sarcasm.

She walks with Clarkson beside him. Jeremy and I walk at the other end of the sidewalk. Jeremy holds a selfie stick. He includes George in the video. She immediately covers her face and hides behind Clarkson.

"Hey, guys! So this is Andrew," Jeremy says to the phone and points the camera at me.

"Hi!" I greet.

"And George!" Jeremy says in a cheerful voice.

"And..." He points the camera to Clarkson who stares at the screen without any emotion.

George nudges his arm.

"Oh, um, Clarkson," he says and stretches his hand out.

"Oh, nice to meet you," Jeremy says and shakes his hand. "I'm Jeremy."

"What are you doing?" George whispers to Jeremy.

"I'm starting a YouTube channel," Jeremy whispers back. "I already have 250 subscribers," he adds.

She glances at me. I give her a slight nod.

"Heyyy, so today... We'll be uhh..." Jeremy continues vlogging.

"Where are we going?" George asks me. Jeremy is busy filming in the backseat of the car.

"The usual," I say.

It's been seven minutes now since I lost my way,

It doesn't seem that long but my whole world has changed,

It's in all the little things when you smile, now it stings,

It's been seven minutes since I've lost the girl of my dreams...

Her green eyes glance outside the window. Her soft voice hums to the song. I missed her. The two of them sit in the backseat. The way she sheepishly waves her hands at Jeremy's camera and the way she smiles made me want to tell her everything. But I can't, not now. One thing's for sure I have to make sure she's safe from this guy sitting beside me.

Clarkson.

He sits like a robot in the front seat.

The two at the back have their conversation. 

This is awkward.

"Where are you from?" I ask while looking at the road.

Clarkson looks around. "Oh, me? Um, I stay at the dorm."

"No, I mean," I sigh. "Where do you originally live?"

"Uh... At a village far from here," he replies and scratches the seatbelt with his thumb.

"And what is it called?" I ask and glance at him.

We passed by a few meters but he hasn't answered my question yet.

"Um."

I look at him and saw him biting his lower lip.

He sighs. "Villalobos," he says.

"Is it like a private area?"

"Kind of—"

"iS iT toO lAtE tO tUrN around! I'm aLreAdY hALfwAy oUt oF toWN—" George's hand covers Jeremy's mouth to stop his sudden singing.

"You're too loud," George says with her green eyes glaring at him.

Jeremy moves his head away from George's hand.

"I'm singing," he whines.

"You're yelling," I correct.

"Wait," Jeremy says and slaps my hands away from my food.

"What now?" I furiously ask him with my brows furrowed.

"I have to put this to my IG story," he says while snapping photos of our burger and fries.

"Do you have to include MY food?" I ask him.

"Shh, quiet," he says.

"Whaaat? Will they hear my voice in your photos?" I ask.

"Done!" Jeremy cheerfully says. "My... After...noon. There!"

I glance at George, who takes a big bite from her burger. I invite them to eat out, hoping that everything will be alright. I watch her eyes focus on Clarkson. Jeremy talks about his independent life. Her green eyes glimmer in curiosity after hearing that Jeremy didn't pursue his studies.

"I'm also an emcee at parties!" Jeremy exclaims.

"Ooohhh, so you're fully independent then," George says while nodding.

"Yeah. At first, it was very frustrating. Bills, bills, and BILLS!" Jeremy rants. He suddenly stops talking and gasps a bit. "You can join me sometimes!" he excitedly says.

"Me!?" George's green eyes widen.

"Yep, we have clients who are asking for someone who can draw on the spot. You know, guests will sit in front, and you'll draw them quickly. You are good at arts back in high school. You're taking fine arts, right?" Jeremy asks.

"But, I'm not that proud to sell my skills yet," she shyly says after hearing Jeremy's unexpected compliments.

"I remember that you drew him before, right?" Jeremy points at me.

Oh, you mean her anniversary gift to me, you dummy.

I shift my gaze to George, who swallows hard. Suddenly, the atmosphere becomes awkward. Dua Lipa's 'Don't start now' plays. Jeremy's eyes suddenly widen after realizing what he just brought up. He fakes a cough. Clarksons utensils became audible as he eats.

Aren't you the guy who tried to...

Hurt me with the word "goodbye"?

Though it took some time to survive you...

"S-so? How's college?" Jeremy asks, trying to change the subject.

"It's very tiring," I answer. "It's no joke, bro."

"Ye-yeah, I'm doing a lot of drawings," George says.

Jeremy, who's master of carrying conversations, somehow managed to make both of us feel comfortable once again. He tried his best to lift the awkward atmosphere.

"By the way, why did Shane not come with us?" Jeremy asks.

"She's a part-timer in a convenient store," Clarkson answers.

"You're finally engaging with our conversation, man!" Jeremy stretches his hand to Clarkson for a high five.

Clarkson awkwardly gives him one. He looks at George. George smiles at him and gives him a high five as well.

"So proud of you," Jeremy says.

"You're George's classmate, right?" he asks the redhead.

"Yeah," Clarkson responds and smiles.

Time passed by quickly, and here I am, resting my hand on the steering wheel. I glance at George, who is singing out loud with Jeremy while her favorite playlist is on shuffle as we drive our way home. Clarkson nods his head to the beat of the song.

"Nobody can drag me dooooown," George sings, hitting the high note.

"Damn, that voice!" Jeremy exclaims while filming.

"You can stop the car here," Clarkson says and point outside the window.

"Okie dokie," I slowly step on the brake.

"Thank you," Clarkson smiles at me.

"Bye, Clark!" George says.

"Bye!"

"Bye, bro," Jeremy says and points the camera to Clarkson.

Clarkson hums in response.

"Bye, guys!" Jeremy says while turning the camera to us. "Subscribe to my channel!"

"Bye!" George says with a smile.

I also wave goodbye at him before he closes the door.

"Hey..." I start. "Can you move here? At the shotgun seat?"

"Oh, of course," George replies.

Another song from her favorite boy band ends, but none of us speaks. Another song starts playing. But still, no one talks.

I'm broken, do you hear me?

I'm blinded, 'cause you are everything I see,

I'm dancin' alone, I'm praying,

That your heart will just turn around...

"Babe," I speak.

I feel her stiffen from the shotgun seat. She froze halfway through removing the seatbelt.

"That night," I pause and lick my lower lip.

She moves her gaze from staring outside the window to me.

"I'm sorry... for hurting you. I don't know what I've done. I don't know why I did that. I'm sorry, George."

I step on the break and stop in front of her apartment. My gaze moves to meet hers. But she quickly looks away. I held her hand. She tries to pull away, but I grip it tighter.

"I'm sorry," I say and touch her chin, trying to lock my gaze with hers. Her green eyes shine, holding back the tears that are about to roll. "I'm sorry. I still love you. But, I'm still confused."

Of everything.

She bites the inside of her cheeks. I pull her in for a hug after hearing her small sobs.

"You don't know? What the hell? You're confusing me as well, Drew. Stop this," she says and pushes me.

"I'm doing this to protect you," my voice broke. I hug her tighter even though she's pushing me. "I'm sorry."

She quietly wipes her tears.

"Protect me from what?" she asks.

I can't tell you yet.

"Sorry," I whispered.

When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight,

It just won't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this...

"I'm always here... for you. Less than a boyfriend but more than a friend. I'm here."

"Report," I hear a deep voice says as soon as get out of the car. His enormous shadow stands in front of me and blocks my way.

"She's fine. I don't think he'll harm her at all."

* * *

:>

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

5.7K 798 23
Don't read this one, read the other one. Ryan is a college student, who's prompted to make very stupid mistakes, like telling people he's dating the...
261 22 18
Moving to a new city and school is never easy. Natalia wants to keep her head down and finish out her last semester without issues. That is, of cours...
28.2K 2.6K 51
WRITTEN BY SOFIA VITORATOS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 💡Fictionalized under true facts 💡 🛑*MATURE CONTENT*🛑 [PUBLISHING] 🏆1st Place in Chicklit by The...
1.1K 213 44
After she unexpectedly sees her ex-best friend back on campus, Lizzy's entire world is flipped when she wakes up in an unfamiliar house. Now she's st...