𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 & 𝙈𝙚𝙘𝙝𝙨

By BraedimusSupreme

A/N: the idea of this story originates from the anime 'Neon Genesis Evangelion', but I've opted to give this... More

Chapter One: Welcome to SHIELD
Chapter Two: Jaeger VS Demon
Chapter Three: Uncertainty & New Home
Chapter Four: School Transfer & Another Attack
Chapter Six: Shawn Brixton
Chapter Seven: Asuka's Arrival
Chapter Eight: A Coordinated Attack
Chapter Nine: Japan's Jaegers
Chapter Ten: Deep-Sea Dive & City Fight
Chapter Eleven: Our History & Rouge Jeager?!
Chapter Twelve: Fights & Frustrations
Chapter Thirteen: The Rouge Attacks Again
Chapter Fourteen: Terrorists & Black Holes
Chapter Fifteen: Crimson Dynamo & Turmoil
Chapter Sixteen: The Breaking Point
Chapter Seventeen: I've Had Enough!
Chapter Eighteen: Troubleshooting & Problems
Chapter Nineteen: Secrets
Chapter Twenty: My Final Decision
Chapter Twenty-One: Mental Recovery
Chapter Twenty-Two: Blackout & Nitro Zeus
Chapter Twenty-Three: Death Wish
Chapter Twenty-Four: Nothing Can Stop Me Now
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Change in Management
Chapter Twenty-Six: A Triple Threat
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Ambush
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Future?
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Amy & Road Warriors
Chapter Thirty: James Admits
Chapter Thirty-One: All Hands On Deck!
Chapter Thirty-Two: Meeting The Queen
Chapter Thirty-Three: HYDRA Strikes!
Chapter Thirty-Four: A God Arrives
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Titan War Pt1
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Titan War Pt2
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Titan War Pt3
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Titan War Pt4
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Titan War Pt5
Chapter Forty: The Titan War Pt6
Chapter Forty-One: The Titan War Pt7
Chapter Forty-Two: The Titan War Pt8
Chapter Forty-Three: The Titan War Pt9
Chapter Forty-Four: The Titan War Pt10
Chapter Forty-Five: The Titan War Pt11
Chapter Forty-Six: Epilogue

Chapter Five: Medicals & May Watanabe

514 11 9
By BraedimusSupreme

"He's only seventeen years old. It seems so cruel, making him bear the burden of mankind's destiny."

"But we have no choice but to entrust the piloting of the Jaegers to seventeen-year-olds."

Right now, both Dr. Ritsuko and Matilda were in the doctor's office, the two of them talking about Braedey and what has occurred since the previous fight with the Demon.

"I know." Matilda sighed to bee self.

"So, has he talked to you since?" Dr. Ritsuko asked to Matilda, but she didn't answer to her question. "So I guess not?" She said.

"No." Matilda sighed to herself. "I think he might never speak back to me at all, especially after what happened beforehand."

"What are you going to do?" Dr. Ritsuko asked to her.

"I.... I don't know, really." Matilda sighed, now sitting back in her chair. "I mean, he said he has no recollection of what happened. It was just confusing, and I couldn't think as to why."

"What did he tell you?" Dr. Ritsuko asked.

"Well, this is what happened..." Matilda began to recount back to when she talked to Braedey after the whole fight.

~*~*~*~*~*~
(Flashback)

"Why did you ignore my order?" Matilda demanded from Braedey, the two in a police-style interrogation room, the former having a stern expression on her face, Braedey looking hesitant and frightened.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Braedey muttered.

"I'm the one who's in charge of your operations, right?" Matilda reminded to Braedey. "You have a duty to obey my orders. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Braedey muttered.

"I'm warning you, never do it again." Matilda warned.

"Yes." Braedey whispered. "But it wasn't my fault this time. I wanted to fall back-"

"Do you really understand what I'm saying?!" Matilda snapped.

"Y-Yes." Braedey whispered.

"Hey, you're not going to get out of this by just saying yes to everything I say." Matilda fumed.

"It wasn't my fault this time!" Braedey spoke back. "I wanted to retreat and fall back, but I blacked out. The next thing I know, I'm waking up in the back of one of the medical helicopters flying back to SHIELD." He insisted to Matilda. "I mean, from what others have said, we won the battle anyway."

"You know, it may seem easy to go along with whatever anyone else wants, but if you get into the Jaeger with that attitude, it'll kill you!" Matilda stated back. "Especially with you blacking out."

"I'm sorry. I just don't know what's going on." Braedey spoke back. "I mean, I don't know what to do. If I knew, I would tell you, but I don't."

"The Jaeger is on standby. Will you pilot it? Or won't you, Braedey?" Matilda then asked to Braedey.

"If I say that I won't pilot Jaeger Prime, what will you do with it?" Braedey then asked to Matilda.

"I suppose that Amy will do it." Matilda replied to him. "Won't you pilot it?"

"Don't worry. I'll pilot that thing." Braedey answered her question. 'It's not like I've got a choice to choose.' He thought to himself.

"But you don't want to do it?" Matilda questioned him again.

"I have no choice. I was roped in because of my father- I mean, James." Braedey corrected. "To begin with, it's not something that comes to me naturally."

"Braedey, tell me. What is really happening?" Matilda asked him.

Braedey finally snapped, his eyes narrowed and his blue eyes looking like they've gone a shade darker, as he stood up suddenly. "I don't know!" He snapped, now flipping the table over, to Matilda's shock. "I don't know what is going on, and why I keep blacking out! I can't figure out why I do it, or why I have no memory of anything that happens!" He then kicked the door next to him open. "I'll be somewhere in the base to try and cool off if you even need me!" With that, he stormed out of the room, leaving Matilda rather surprised and shaken.

(End Flashback)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"...And after that, nothing else." Matilda sighed to herself. "I guess he's just keeping himself away from me after what I said."

"If you want, I can try and talk to him." Dr. Ritsuko offered to Matilda.

"No, no. I'll do it myself." Matilda shook her head. "I was the one who caused this, so it's my responsibility to take."

"Well, if you want an answer of sorts to a few of your questions, this is what Maya and myself have found in the brainwave activity and heart-rate monitors." We. Ritsuko handed the papers over to Matilda to take a look at them.

Matilda took a look at the graphs. She looked and saw Braedey's heart-rate was up to 180 BPM, with anxiety levels at a big high, as well as palpitations. However, as she eyed the papers, to her shock and surprise, she saw Braedey's BPM went from 180 BPM straight down to 60 BPM in literally 1.2 seconds. Next, brainwave activity had gone down, like he's fallen asleep. Anxiety levels went to zero.

"Whoa." Matilda muttered.

"And look here." Dr. Ritsuko pointed over on a portion of the brainwave, where Matilda could see the small gap in-between the two wavelengths. "For what could be a fraction of a millisecond here, it seems that all activity in his brain just stops, then it continues afterward." She said.

"I guess there must be something within Braedey's head that's causing the blackouts he has." Matilda commented.

"I'll think of something to see if we can try, something that can try and possibly nullify the mental effects of the blackouts." Den Ritsuko stood up, a folder with her hand, and she vegan to make her way out of the room, leaving Matilda to be lost in thought.

~*~*~

A little later, Dr. Ritsuko was on a mobile conveyor belt with Command James alongside her, as well as Amy, who simply just stood behind the two adults with a neutral expression on her face.

"The Third Rookie is going to go through some new trials tomorrow." Dr. Ritsuko said to James. "Possibly to try and reduce the effects of the mental blackouts. We just hope it works."

"Then we'll reconfigure Jaeger 0-1's system for Amy." James spoke out harshly.

Dr. Ritsuko was taken aback by this. "But..."

"Regardless of the results of Jaeger 0-0's reactivation experiments, we'll move on to experimenting with Jaeger 0-1." James ordered at once, while Dr. Ritsuko looked back to Amy. "According to the Organisation's report, the Fourth Rookie hasn't been found yet."

"That means we can't get any pilot replacements?" Dr. Ritsuko asked, then she sighed to herself. "Yes, sir." She then got a message on her phone, so she opted to take a look. "Sir. Jaeger Unit 0-3 is ready for deployment from Greenland to arrive here at the base." She informed to James.

"Very well." James replied without any hesitation. "Tell then in Greenland to send forth their Jaeger to the base."

"Understood, sir." Dr. Ritsuko nodded her head. She then looked over to Amy, who seemed to give the tiniest smile on her face. The Doctor then thought back to a pint in time not long ago when it happened...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(One Month Prior...)
(Before Braedey's arrival to SHIELD)

Commander James, Dr. Ritsuko, Maya, as well as a few other technicians, were all getting ready for the activation and trial runs of the prototype Jaeger Unit 0-0 codenamed Giant. This was to see if the Giant can function at 100%, and if Amy can handle the activation.

"23.976. Commence activation." Maya announced. "Connecting main power to all circuits. Power supply connected. Commencing activation system." She looked over to the Jaeger that's in the hangar before them.

Standing before the technicians was the prototype Jaeger 0-0, codenamed Giant. The Jaeger was in a grey colour scheme, the steel construction shining across the body, whilst the form stands 100ft tall from helm to toe. It has a broad riveted chest, tapering down to a narrow waist, the legs connecting to the hips, which looks to be like that of a car axle. The lower legs are thickly armoured, whilst the feet look like that of the shape of a boot. The lower arms are thickly armoured, and the hands only have four fingers. The helm has a dome-shaped narrow head, with a protruding lower jaw, blue optics, and a narrow fin running from the middle of the face to the top of the helm.

"Activation voltage is approaching critical level. 0.5, 0.2... Rising." Another technician reported in.

"Begin the second phase of the activation system." Dr. Ritsuko said to them.

"Rising. Pilot has begun link-up." Maya informed, just as the mech's optics glowed blue.

"Start system Phase 2." Dr. Ritsuko said next.

"Synapses inserted. Junctions connecting." One technician informed mech. "Transmitting pulse. All circuits are operational."

"No problems with initial contact. Power supplied to Brachial muscles in both arms. All nerve links checking out normal. Check list satisfactory up to 2550." Maya added in next, looking over the scans and the readings from the monitors.

"Prepare for third stage connection." Dr. Ritsuko then ordered.

"Clear up to 2580. Counting down to the absolute borderline. 0.9... 0.7... 0.5... 0.4... 0.3..." Maya began to count down to the borderline.

As the levels were reaching the borderline, all of a sudden, the systems began to shut down and go into the red zone, as if something has gone wrong, and it was causing a negative feedback on the system.

"The pulses are flowing backward! Something's going wrong in the third stage!" Technicians called out at once, all of them trying to reboot the system or to keep everything on the Jaeger online, but to no avail. "Rejection occurring in the nerve centre elements!"

"Cease contact! Break all circuits through number six!" Dr. Ritsuko ordered at once.

"Negative! The signal's not being received!" Maya informed back.

Suddenly, the Jaeger Giant began to jerk and shudder, the body groaning and shuddering, while the optics go from blue to red, as if something went wrong, as the Jaeger began to try and tear itself from its mountings, stomping forward, and shaking the ground.

"Jaeger 0-0 is out of control!" Maya called out.

"Abort the experiment. Shut down the power core." James ordered at once.

"Yes, Sir!" Dr. Ritsuko punched the glass cover that protected a red emergency button, and she pushed the button with her whole hand.

"Unit 0-0's nuclear core has gone into shutdown mode! Thirty seconds until it comes to a complete stop." Maya informed to James and the Doctor.

The Jaeger groaned as it stepped forward, gripping its metal head, as if it was trying to hold something back. Then, the Jaeger looked ahead at the viewing platform, and it began to punch the sturdy glass, breaking it and shattering one pane of glass.

"Sir! It's dangerous! Stay back!" Dr. Ritsuko called to James, but he doesn't respond.

"Auto ejection system activating!" Maya informed.

A second later, a section on the back of the Jaeger's head opened up, as an evac-pod launched out of the Jaeger, and it hits the ground with a thud, while the Jaeger Giant continued to move, despite lacking a pilot.

"Complete shutdown in ten seconds." Maya informed next.

After ten strenuous seconds, the Jaeger finally comes to a halt, one fist up against the wall, while it remained still and silent, the optics going black. Once that had happened, James headed off down to where the evac-pod had landed. He puts his hand against the casing, but recoiled his hands from the heat that was on the pod, so he grabbed the handle, forcing the pod open.

"Amy, are you all right?" James asked, looking inside of the pod at the bluenette. "Rei!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Present Day)

"Amy Watanabe, age seventeen. The first test subject chosen by following the Report. The First Rookie. She is the designated pilot for Jaeger Unit 0-0 codenamed Giant. Her past has been eradicated. All her personal records were erased."

Dr. Ritsuko and Matilda were both in the wrecked control room of Jaeger 0-0 Giant's hangar bay, the two of them looking over at the mech, as it was being checked over and examined to make sure nothing else was broken.

"So, what caused the accident during the last experiment?" Matilda asked to Ritsuko.

"We still don't know." Dr. Ritsuko replied back, looking at the Jaeger. "However, we believe that mental instability on the part of the pilot was a primary cause."

"Mental instability? In Amy?" Matilda asked in surprise. She didn't expect that at all.

"Yes, her mind became much more disturbed than we had anticipated." Dr. Ritsuko deduced, although she doesn't seem sure.

"So, what did happen?" Matilda asked.

"I don't know. But she could have..." Dr. Ritsuko went silent, her mind lost in thought.

"So, when will Braedey's tests occur?" Matilda then asked, snapping Ritsuko out of her thoughts.

"In about a few minute's time." Ritsuko replied. "I've got something to show you and him beforehand." With that, both women headed off to the Drivesuit room, where Braedey was currently.

As the two women arrived at the Drivesuit Room, they saw Braedey wearing a different type of circuitry suit, one with more wiring inside and outside, with a wire net around his head, which was taking brain scans, as he puts on the helmet, the glass visor now forming over his face.

"You feeling alright, Braedey?" Dr. Ritsuko asked to Braedey.

"I guess so." Braedey replied, then took note of two large cables attaching to his shoulders. "What are they for?" He asked.

"We'll be projecting a holographic image of a Demon onto the visor, and it'll feel like the real thing in the circuitry suit." Dr. Ritsuko explained to Braedey. "With the theory we've got, this updated circuitry suit will provide an electrical jolt to your brain, so you blacking out won't be a problem." She then typed commands on a keyboard next to her. "Get ready."

Braedey tensed up, just as the visor came to life, and he saw a Demon closing in on him. Thinking fast, yeh brunette grabbed the Demon by its shoulders, it doing the same to him, as Braedey stood his ground. As this happened, Ritsuko and Matilda were looking at the brainwave activity and heart-rate monitors. At the split millisecond where the gap in his brainwave activity appeared, the circuitry suit suddenly sent an electrical jolt into Braedey's brain, the brunette shuddering from the jolt, then he threw two punches, striking the Demon down, much to his surprise, as well as the women.

"Alright! I think we've got it." Dr. Ritsuko sighed in relief.

"Got what?" Braedey questioned, still a little shaken as to how he threw those two punches. "How did I-?"

"We took a guess that part of the reason why you kept blacking out was from some type of millisecond lapse in your mental mind that's causing you to black out and also the drop of your heart-rate." Dr. Ritsuko explained to the brunette. "Thanks to this new circuitry suit, it'll keep you awake during the fight, and stop you blacking out."

"That'll be good." Braedey shrugged, taking off the helmet. "And it'll let me actually focus on the task. But, it sounds a little risky."

"We'll integrate this into the helmet, so it won't be a problem, and the circuitry suit will be made for you." Dr. Ritsuko reassured to him. "Also, there's something to show you two." She then gestured to one of the screens nearby, which was showing some information and graphs.

"What the heck is this?" Matilda asked.

"That's the code number for 'cannot be analysed'." Dr Ritsuko explained.

"You mean, you don't know what this is?" Braedey asked.

"Correct. We do know the Demon is composed of a type of material matter, characterised by both particulate and wave properties, like light." Dr. Ritsuko clarified to Matilda and Braedey. "However, there seems to be an abnormality within each one, no doubt from each alteration that these Demons go through when they exist Hell's Gate. We've found something completely outside our experience. The world is filled with mysteries."

Braedey then looked over to see James with two of his officers who were just outside of the Drivesuit Room, but it was James' hands that got his attention; there were some burn marks on his hands.

"What's wrong?" Matilda's voice for Braedey's attention, as he looked over to her.

"Well, it's just that my fath- I mean, James seems to have burn marks on his hands." Braedey replied back to her.

"Burn marks?" Matilda questioned.

"I was just wondering how it happened." Braedey said calmly, then looked to Dr. Ritsuko. "Do you know anything about those burns?"

"It was a little before you arrived at SHIELD." Ritsuko explained to Braedey, Matilda listening in. "Jaeger 0-0 Giant went berserk during the activation experiments. You've heard about that, right?" She asked.

"Yes, Madame." Braedey nodded in acknowledgement.

"The pilot was trapped inside." Ritsuko added in.

"Amy Watanabe was the pilot, wasn't she?" Braedey took a guess.

"It was Commander Martin who rescued her. He opened the super-heated hatch with his bare hands." Ritsuko then added.

Braedey's eyes widened. "He did that?" He asked, sounding rather uncertain of such a thing. 'As if I would believe that crap.' He thought to himself.

"That's how he burned his hands." Ritsuko then finished the explanation, leaving Braedey lost in his thoughts. Then, Ritsuko remembered something. "Braedey, would you do me a favour?" She asked.

"Sure. What is it?" Braedey asked, just as Dr. Ritsuko handed him an I.D card with Amy's info on that.

"It's Amy Watanabe's renewal card." Dr. Ritsuko replied to him. "I keep forgetting to give this to her. Would you mind delivering it before you come into headquarters tomorrow?" She asked to him.

"Sure." Braedey nodded, then he eyed the image of Amy on the card, now lost in his thoughts.

"What's the matter?" Matilda then spoke, getting Braedey's attention. "You're staring at Amy's picture, aren't you?"

"No!" Braedey shook his head.

"Oh, I think you are, Braedey." Matilda smirked.

"I'm not." Braedey defended himself.

"Oh, come on!" Matilda smirked to him. "You're embarrassed, aren't you? Well, you've got an official excuse to go to Rei's place now. This is your chance, isn't it?"

"Stop it!" Braedey fumed in frustration. "Besides, I'm not focused on women at all now. I'm more focused on survival and for earning enough to put food on the table." He then eyed the card. "I just find it strange that I know so little about Amy, even though we're both Jaeger pilots."

"She's a very nice girl, but she's like your father." Ritsuko answered. "She's not very adept at..."

"Not adept at what?" Braedey questioned.

"Living." Was all Ritsuko replied back, leaving Braedey lost in his thoughts about Amy.

~*~*~

The next morning, Braedey arrived at Manhattan-2.0, but he was now heading over to where Amy Watanabe lived. He had arrived earlier, so he could give the card to Amy, and then head off to go and do more mental training, by request from Ritsuko.

Braedey walked up to the apartment room, then he knocked on the door. "Excuse me? Excuse me, it's Braedey Martin." He called, but he got no answer. He then noticed the door was unlocked. "Okay. I'm coming in." He called.

Braedey stepped into the room, then he took notice of the unopened letters inside the mail slot. He took them out, and he saw they were all to Amy, all of them from her family, but none have been opened. He then began to investigate the rest of the room, and he could see what could be medical tablets, as well as bandages coated in blood, as well as blood staining the pillow, and clothing drying out.

Braedey was rather concerned about Amy, especially seeing the blood on the bandages and the pillow. He then took note of the clothes around the room, and hearing the sound of running water from down the hall, so he got some clean clothes, and put them at the bathroom door. Braedey walked back to the desk, now noticing something that was there. It looked to be an old silver/grey pocket watch, but the arms seem to be stopped at the time of 8:15, and it stopped ticking.

"It... it's stopped." Braedey said in confusion.

"Yes." The brunette turned to Amy, now fully-dressed, standing before her. "8:15 in the morning. August the 6th, 1945." She responded.

Braedey's expression became one of realisation, his eyes widening a little. "Hiroshima."

"It was my grandfather's." Amy said quietly.

Braedey then handed the pocket watch back to Amy, then remembered why he arrived here. "Oh, and Doctor Ritsuko wanted me to give you this." He said to her. "Sorry for intruding into your apartment. I knocked on the door, but I didn't get an answer. Then, I saw the door was unlocked, so I stepped in to see if you were alright." He bowed his head to her. "Again, sorry for entering your apartment without your permission."

Amy stood there for a few moments, looking at her new card. She looked back to Braedey, and gave a simple nod to him, as the two then left the apartment, now heading out towards the base.

"Aren't you going to have a reactivation experiment today? Aren't you scared?" Braedey asked to Amy, the two of them on a moving conveyor belt to the base. "Aren't you afraid of piloting Jaeger 0-0 Giant again?"

"Why?" Amy asked.

"I heard that you were hurt pretty badly in an earlier experiment. So, I thought you might be..." Braedey trailed off.

"Aren't you Commander Martin's son?" Amy asked to Braedey.

Braedey now showed a stoic expression. "Yes."

"Don't you have faith in your own father's work?" Amy then asked, Braedey taken aback by this.

"What?! Me, trust him?!" Braedey spoke out angrily, Amy turning to him with slightly widened eyes. "I trust that man about as far as I can throw him! He lost all my trust when he abandoned me and my mother seven years ago! He doesn't deserve the right to even be called my father anymore!"

With that, Braedey stormed off ahead, passing by Amy, as he headed off to where his Jaeger is stationed, the bluenette red-eye girl watching his departing form.

~*~*~
Location: Jaeger Base, Greenland

The base here on the Southern coast of Greenland was codenamed the Shatterdome. Here, new pilots and technicians are trained and prepared for the upcoming war again the Demons, as well as construct some of the new Jaegers.

The Shatterdome is a massive building built to house over a dozen or more facilities and personnel directly dedicated to the repair and operations of the Jaegers. The Shatterdome provides housing and food for all personnel, including a place to hone their fighting skills and to determine drift capability. Located near major bodies of water, the Shatterdome has two major points of deployment for Jaegers; by sea or by air. The very top of a Shatterdome is mechanized dome-shaped roof that opens, allowing the Jaeger to, if they can, to fly out of the facility and toward a ten-mile point of defence. The other means of exporting Jaegers from the Shatterdome is using massive, mechanized platforms that can sink into the sea after towing Jaegers out of the facility.

Operations within the Shatterdome are overseen in the LOCCENT Mission Control, a massive room, overcrowded with tracking systems that oversee the status of the pilots. Located at the highest point of the Shatterdome, the Drivesuit Room is directly connected to Jaeger Conn-Pods. Jaegers are often sequestered in their own respective bays. Maintenance of Jaegers are maintained by each country's respective J-Tech teams. Large mobile catwalks were designed to move around any given area of a Jaeger above the ground, allowing Jaeger teams to repair the mechs wherever necessary.

Down at one of the catwalks, one of the new Jaeger pilots was getting himself ready for deployment, so he could head forth to Manhattan 2-0, as well show of the latest Jaeger.

The pilot goes by the name of Shawn Brixton. He is a 17-year-old male with spiky dirty-blonde hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. He has a 5ft tall body, with lean muscles across his body. He has on what's called the Plugsuit: form-fitting full body suits resembling a diver's wet suit, worn by Jaeger pilots together in order to increase their synchronization with the Jaegers. The upper chest and shoulders of the Plugsuit is a different color than the lower parts, and the lower torso has a triangular pattern. The suit has a light grey torso, complemented by the rest being a black colour. But the big eyecatcher is that his right arm is a cybernetic arm.

Shawn originally came from London, England, which had happened to be one of the first cities that the Demons attacked. During one of the attacks, Shawn and his family were caught in the crossfire, his family being crushed under the rubble of their home, while Shawn lost his right arm from the rubble. After that, and losing his family, Shawn had become hardened and stern, while also getting a new cybernetic arm, one he modifies every now and then, he opted to join in the Jaeger program, so he could get back at the Demons.

"Jaeger Pilot, report to JetBlackStar. Jaeger Pilot, report to JetBlackStar." A woman's voice spoke out on the P.A system, getting Shawn's attention, as he heads off to the Conn-Pod.

Shawn walked into the Conn-Pod, as he got hooked up into the harness. He stepped over to the platform for his feet, which locked him into place. Then, the rigging hooked itself up to the blonde, holding him in place in the middle of the mech's head. After that, the hatch was sealed tight, and the gantry slowly moved away.

"Engage pilot-to-Jaeger protocol." A male voice ordered.

"Engaging now." One woman reported in.

"Pilot to-Jaeger connection protocol sequence." The A.I spoke out in a female voice.

"Initiating level one connection." Technicians continued with activation protocol, as well as getting the Jaeger ready for action. "Flooding Conn-Pod."

After that, the amber-yellow fluid started to fill the Conn-Pod. Shawn kept his cool to this, as the fluid engulfed him. Next, the LCL fluid became electrolysed, allowing Shawn to finally see again. Then, bright lights appeared on the walls, creating the interface. After that, the lights all faded, and ahead of him lit up like a computer screen, revealing the hangar outside.

"LCL oxygenated." The technicians continued on with their work. "Releasing airlock. Neural Handshake activated and online. All systems online."

"Main power connection complete! Feeding power to all circuits!" The technicians began going through all the checks and the main Jaeger systems. "Initiating level two contact. A-10 nerve connection, status green. Cognitive configuration base rules set to English. Initial contact shows all green. Opening bilateral circuit. Synchronisation rate at 62.3%."

"Release lockdown bolt no. 01!" Another technician called, as the bolts detached from the left shoulder, the arm relaxing.

"Release confirmed! Initiating umbilical bridge retraction!" The technicians continued on, as the walkway gantry began to reel back from the tall mech.

"Release lockdown bolt no. 02!" Another technician called, as the bolts detached from the right shoulder, the arm relaxing.

"Retracting primary restraining frame." As this happened, the walls on either side of the mech began to open up and slowly move away. "Removing secondary restraining frame."

"Disengaging safety systems one through 15." The female technician reported in. "Internal power source, fully charged. "Fusion core turbine shows green."

"Roger. Transport Jaeger 0-3 JetBlackStar to launch bay." One male ordered at once.

Immediately, the crawler platform that the Jaeger stood on started to move slowly forward, carrying the mech along a set of tracks upwards, slowly approaching what could be a set of large doors that had the SHIELD logo on them. As that happened, the doors opened up, now revealing the Jaeger in all its glory.

The Jaeger Unit 0-3 codenamed JetBlackStar stands at 140ft tall, with an overall weight of 1,750 tonnes. The mech has a light grey face and two grey horns sticking out from both sides. There's some kind of cockpit of sticking out from the chest and is in a very dark shade of grey. It has blue eyes. It has dark grey arms, with tiny grey fins on the bottom. The head resembles that of a samurai. The fins on the shoulders have a light grey lining, the wings are grey with a dark grey, and the 'cuff' pieces on the arms are black.

"Launch path clear! All stations green! Launch preparations complete!" The technicians reported in.

"Jaeger JetBlackStar, you are clear for launch." One voice called out on Comms.

"Roger that. I'll write to you soon when I get the chance." Shawn replied, and he began to sprint forward, the Jaeger stomping forward, leaving indents into the ground.

Jaeger JetBlackStar stomped towards the coastline, just as a set of rocket boosters fired under the wings on its back and the bottom of its feet, and the huge Jaeger began to take to the skies, heading forth to the East Coast of America...

~*~*~
A/N: alright, the introduction of the new Jaeger and its pilot. The OC and Jaeger both belong rightfully to GabrielHerndon and by special request from him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 140 12
This is the story of Braedey Martin, the orphaned human Titan shapeshifter who is raised by a family of fairies on their island home. Their world is...
153 12 9
You can't remember when it all began. When something changed. Or maybe you could, if you thought deep enough on it. All you knew now though, was that...
3.6K 127 5
((A rewrite of my first Godzilla story, reincarnated as Godzilla? Then I shall be the king of the monsters)) WARNING!! THIS STORY IS 18+ IT WILL HAVE...
21.1K 399 19
As the war between gigantic monsters known as Kaiju Grimm and giant mechs named Jaegers to combat against them intensify on Remnant, humanity and the...