Thank You (Izuku X Momo) (On...

By MizuToriWP

The look on Yaoyorozu's face after she lost to Tokoyami was all too familiar to Midoriya. (Also on AO3 and Fa... More

Talking
Before the Fight
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
After the Fight
Against the Quicksilver
Explosive Emotions
End of the Festival
A Good Place to Start
A Surprise Offer
The Past Comes Back Swinging
An Explanation
What Even Is Izuku's Life?
The Internships Begin
Training
The Hero Killer: Stain
A Stain Wiped Clean
Coming to Terms
Prep for Finals
Finals
The Final Finale
Recovery
I-Island Emotional Expo
Dancing With Feelings
Dream Camp
The Test of Courage (and Love)
Quirk Evolution
Recovery... Again: Part One
Recovery... Again: Part Two
The Rescue: Part One
The Rescue: Part Two
The Rescue: Part Three
The Rescue: The Symbol of Peace
More Explanations
Home Alone
The Talk (Not That Kind...Well A Little Bit)
The End of the Aftermath
Brainstorming
Deleted Scenes
It's All Coming Together Now
The Exam Begins
What Is The Matter With Everyone?
Nice Day For A Swan Dive
Izuku Midoriya: Origin (Between the Pages)
Fix It
Change
Sir
Ghosts of the Past
Katsuki Bakugou: Repentance
Ghosts Can Cry Too
Headshot
Happy Birthday Momo
Whatever Fate Awaits
Full Power
The Raid (Part One)
The Raid (Part Two)
The Raid (Finale)
Recovery...For the Third Damn Time
Curveball
One Small Step
We Got This

Sayonara, Nana

9.5K 280 374
By MizuToriWP

A/N: Damn, two months again. I really am sorry. Life just gets in the way, especially now that I'm back in college. I just hope you continue to enjoy it.

This is the last full chapter where we're in the hospital. This is mostly the other's reaction to Izuku's idea. And it's not exactly rainbows and sunshine.

"How are we going to do that? I mean, I could just repeat what you say back to him."

Nana shrugged, "I guess, but that won't exactly be emotionally fulfilling. We need to do this fast though."

Izuku furrowed his brow as he looked over to his ghostly partner. The duo were sitting on the rooftop of the hospital to avoid Izuku looking completely crazy to anyone walking by. The morning sun was nearing its peak at high-noon. "Why do we need to do this quickly?"

A sorrowful smile graced Nana's face as she put a hand on his head. "You have my quirk now, and I've helped you figure out the path you want to take as a hero. My job is done."

"...O-Oh." Izuku's lips pursed as he wrung his hands together. "I-I guess I never actually thought about you having to leave. I- Ah!"

Nana suddenly brought Izuku into a tight hug, "Awww, you're gonna miss me? I figured you would be counting the days until I left you alone. I'm going to miss you, too. I loved being your wacky grandma these past few weeks. But damn you're crazy."

"I-I can't exactly argue there."

"And it's not forever. Anytime you really need me, I'll be there. Or maybe you just wanna see me again."

"I'm assuming the other users won't be so lenient with their assistance."

"Of course not. They like to wait for long amounts of time, only to reveal things in bits and pieces one at a time. In fact it wasn't even my turn. The first user was gonna talk to you, but I shoved him outta the way."

Izuku's brow furrowed, "Do you guys live in my head?"

"We like to think of it as our "Soul House"."

Izuku decided to simply roll with it. "Well, we'll figure something out for you and All Might before you go."

She let him go and sat back, leaning on her hands. "Thanks. It's just a shame I won't be here in person to watch you stumble your way through raising my great-granddaughter."

"Raise?"

Nana's eyes widened as she slowly looked over at Izuku. "Y-...You do know what you signed up for, right?"

Izuku's eyes widened to match Nana's. "Do you mean raising as in...like a parent?"

Nana's jaw dropped, her hands lifting up in disbelief. "What did you think you were doing?!"

"I-I-..." Izuku thought it all over again. When he had asked to take in Eri, he didn't exactly think that it could be considered parenting. It only now occurred to him that most of what that job entailed was similar to that of a parent's job. No wonder Aizawa was so against it. It really was crazy. "...Oh, wow. What have I done?"

Nana shook her head, "Oh my God! How did you not realize this?!"

"I just thought of it as staying with her. You know, helping her improve her life, bonding with her."

"And feeding?"

"W-Well, if she said she was hungry."

"And helping her with hygiene? Brushing her teeth and all that?"

"I guess so."

"Playing with her? Helping with her problems?"

"...Yeah."

"Moral support?"

"Of course."

"That's parenting!"

...Oh shit she was right.

Izuku put his head in his hands, completely in disbelief at his own ignorance. "Why didn't you stop me?!"

"I thought it would be cute to see!"

"That's not a good reason!"

"Neither is raising a child at 16 because you feel like you understand her!"

Izuku laid down on his back as he tried to decipher what his next move would be. He couldn't be a parent at 16. Especially when he was trying to be a hero.

"Why do I overthink everything I don't need to, but when it comes to emotions and helping people, I'm the most impulsive person in the world?"

"Are you going to back out?"

Izuku thought for a few more minutes, coming to his conclusion. "No. I can't."

"Yes, you can."

The teen shook his head, "No, I can't. Even if I didn't fully think about what I was getting myself into, I still meant everything I said. If I'm the one Eri wants to stay with, I won't hesitate to accept. I won't make her feel unwanted by anyone anymore."

Nana nodded, "Well you can't do it alone."

She was right. That was not an option. But, who would help hi-

"Oh no, Momo." Izuku groaned as he pressed the heels of his palms into his eyes. "What's she going to think?"

"Hey, c'mon. That girl has been with you through everything. I'm sure once you explain everything to her, it'll all…"

"W-What?"

"I realized that I shouldn't finish that sentence, because it'll just end with the cliché of everything not being okay. But it's probably too late."

Nana was right. It was too late.

"...You what?"

"I offered to take care of Eri while she lives in the dorms. Before and after school, that is."

Izuku wasn't expecting 100% support from Momo, as it was an odd decision and a big commitment.

... However, he did not expect a look from her that screamed, "Are you a God-Damn moron?".

...And then her asking, "Are you a God-Damn moron?"

"Wh-...Well you see-"

"Izuku, you're 16. I just barely turned 16. I-...I don-..." Momo began rubbing her temples, utterly flabbergasted by what she was hearing.

Izuku waved his hand frantically, "You don't have to do anything! I swear! I-I'm the one who wanted to do this, so this is my responsibility...if they even allow it."

"No Izuku I just…" She leaned forward in her hospital bed and took his hand. "If this happens, of course I'll help you. I always will...But I just need to wrap my head around this. Izuku, this is nuts."

"I know."

"We're not ready for this."

"Yeah."

"If this was what you wanted, what was the point of using condoms this whole time?"

"Wh-?! Momo!"

Momo shook her head, "That was a joke. If you got me pregnant, your arms wouldn't be the only thing you would have to worry about."

"...Well you're the one who makes the contraceptive, so wouldn't it be yo-"

"I guess I understand why you want to do this," Momo said, ignoring him. "I know why you would feel connected to Eri and would relate to her, especially given your past...but I'm still confused as to why you think two high-school students are capable of parenting a small child."

"I-I didn't mean parenting. Well, that wasn't what I was thinking when I offered. I just meant...um...multiple year babysitting."

"That's just parenting!"

Izuku flinched slightly. He felt like an idiot for thinking this was going to turn out any differently. If they were graduated and out of school? Maybe this would be going far better. But asking your high-school girlfriend what she thinks about you taking in a child?

...It was never going to go smoothly.

"Where would she sleep?" Momo suddenly asked.

"W-Well, there are three empty rooms on the second floor. She'd be in one of those."

Momo nodded, "Okay, that's fine. What about money? It's not that I can't afford anything she wants, but I want to know where we would stand on that."

"U.A would pay for everything, besides miscellaneous things we decide to buy." Momo nodded silently, clearly still trying to comprehend everything that was being thrown at her. It wasn't that she didn't want to help Eri. She had just risked her life to save her, and she'd do it again in a heartbeat. But to essentially raise her? Izuku probably didn't see it that way, but that's really what it would be. They would be responsible for Eri the most. She would turn to them with any problems. They would have to make sure she ate, even if whoever was watching her during school was feeding her lunch.

Nightmares, dressing her, helping her bathe, establishing a morning routine, entertaining her. It was all just too much.

"I...I need some more time to think."

Izuku nodded, standing up from his chair. "I'll leave you to it then. I'll be back later." As Izuku walked out of the room, he couldn't help but feel worried. If things went poorly, it could dent his and Momo's relationship. As he walked up the stairs of the hospital towards Eri's room, those kinds of thoughts began plaguing his mind.

What would his mom think?

Would he lose training time? He could always just have Eri come with him, but she might not be comfortable enough to leave.

What if the others scared her? Oh Christ, what would Katsuki do?

Izuku finally made it to Eri's room. He hesitated just as his hand wrapped around the doorknob. All of his fears and everyone else's fears began to get to him.

...What was he thinking? He couldn't do this. He didn't even have the first clue as to what was happening most of the time in his daily life. But, adding a child into the mix?

Izuku sighed as he turned the doorknob and walked through the door, ready to back out of the offer he had made. Closing the door behind him, he looked over at Eri in her hospital bed. She turned to him, and while she didn't smile her expression softened. "Hey, Eri. Are you doing okay?"

She nodded silently as Izuku sat down on the edge of the bed. Izuku looked up to the television mounted on the wall across the room that was likely turned on by one of the nurses. The device turned on and showed some cartoons. Eri definitely didn't seem all that interested. That was probably because she most likely had no idea what was going on in the show. "What's it like?"

Startled by the sudden question, Izuku looked down at Eri, "What?"

"What's it like where you live?"

This was probably the worst question she could've asked Izuku after already somewhat coming to the conclusion that it would be best if Eri lived elsewhere. "W-Well, technically I have two homes. I have the home I grew up in, and I have the home I live in now. It's a building at my school for students to live in. I live with the rest of my class."

"Will I have to talk to them?"

Izuku faltered for a moment before he responded. "Well, actually Eri I was going to tell you that…" Izuku once again paused. "...that the rest of the class won't bother you. Your room is next to mine, and no one else is near you. Even then, no one will bother you unless given specific permission by you and I saying otherwise. Once you grow more comfortable, we'll see how you do with talking to them, okay?"

Eri nodded, "...I'm sorry if going with you causes any trouble."

"No, Eri it's just...Do you absolutely want to go with me?"

Without a moment of hesitation, Eri nodded. "Yes."

His mind was going back and forth on what he should do, but he knew there was no way he could do that to Eri. She already had the hope of staying with him, and he couldn't take that away from her. She finally had freedom, and it would kill him inside to just send her to another place she didn't want to go to. 'I've done far more impossible feats than this.' The greenette put a hand on Eri's back. "Then there's nothing I want more than for you to stay with me." Eri huddled closer to Izuku and put her gaze back on the television. Okay, this wasn't bad. He could do this.

He saved this child from a monster. Surely he could take care of her.

...Oh please be able to take care of her.

A nurse suddenly came through the door, "Ah, Mr. Midoriya. I just came to drop off Eri's blood test results. She is a bit malnourished, but it's not too bad. A few weeks of good meals will change that right up."

"Thank you, nurse." She nodded happily, exiting the room. "Did you hear that, Eri? Make sure to eat plenty these next couple of weeks, okay?" Eri nodded in response, still being a somewhat quiet child. "Are you hungry now?"

"A-A little."

"Okay, I'll go grab you something." Izuku made his way to the door, but not before looking at the paper the nurse had dropped off. She was right, for the most part Eri was healthy. It was a good thing he had managed to calm Eri down enough for her blood to be drawn. 'Hm...Blood.'

"Nana?" Izuku whispered to not let Eri hear.

"What's up?" the 7th user said, appearing beside him.

"Is it possible for past users to wield One For All again?"

"I don't know. None of us have ever tried."

"We could try to give One For All back to All Might, and if it works he can just give it back to me once you're done talking."

Nana nodded, "Hm, not bad. Hey, if it does pass on to him, don't worry about him giving it back. There's no need."

"Why not?"

"I'll explain later. Just know that One For All will be safely back with you once this is over."

"Alright."

Now he just needed to find All Might. The last time he had seen him, he was walking off with Aizawa to find the police chief and discuss where Eri would be staying.

That probably wasn't going well.

...

"The sheer amount of stupidity in that idea just gave me an instant migraine."

Toshinori groaned while Aizawa nodded in agreement with the police chief, "Thank you. Someone with some sense."

The chief leaned against his car, crossing his arms as he mulled over the suggestion in the hospital parking garage. "Look, All Might, I get where you're coming from. And it's not that I don't trust the kid. Hell, we'd all be dead and Chisaki would still be free if it wasn't for him. But he's just a teenager. If he wasn't going to U.A to be a hero, maybe I would consider it if he was living at home with a guardian. And that's a big maybe. But, a hero student in a dorm room?"

"She's going to live on school grounds anyway. We all know she can't go to foster care." The chief, and even Shouta nodded their heads. That was true. "And you both are acting as if I'm suggesting Young Midoriya not go to school, provide everything for her, etc. All I'm saying is that he watches over her during before and after-school hours, as he's requested to do. I've already called Nezu, and he said U.A will provide everything Eri will need. Food, clothes, hygiene products, medicine, education, all of it. The only thing Midoriya will pay for is whatever he decides to buy."

Aizawa chimed in, "What about homework? Hero Class might have assignments, but he still has his general studies classes. What if he falls behind?"

"You've met your class, Aizawa. The rest of them would be far bigger distractions than a very quiet little girl. I doubt Eri would be much of a distraction. I don't think she likes attention as it is. Besides, you know of Young Midoriya's relationship with Yaoyorozu and the effect she's had on him. He's been ahead of the lesson plan in every single class since June! Homework is nothing to him. He could crack out a full, top quality essay in 20 minutes."

Shouta had to give him that. Izuku was always a good student and his grades were always top notch. But, ever since he began going along with Momo's studying routine, he was always number two in the class. "And if his studying gets put off due to Eri?"

"We both know he's a memorization machine. He's got photographic memory on steroids."

That was also true. Even if Izuku's notebooks were all burned, he could cite all 13 of them word for word just from memory. The same went for academics. Izuku was never really a part of Momo's study group. He had maybe only seen him there once or twice. Izuku was seen physically training more than mentally training, yet he was still acing every assignment thrown at him.

"And Eri is a kid. To make a child no longer a distraction, distract the child. Give her things that she's missed out on her whole life. Books, shows, coloring, a-"

Shouta shook his head, "Yes, but like you said, she's missed out on all of those things. She's bound to be curious. Always asking questions, always wanting help. Your distractions just lead her to being a bigger distraction. For Christ sake, does she even have any sort of basic schooling? Does she know how to read? I highly doubt Chisaki put homeschooling on his schedule."

"Which actually leads to another question." Both heroes turned back to the chief at his interjection. "Listen, All Might. Let's say this does happen. Let's say we can work a miracle. With the kid around, Eri has zero panic attacks. Everything is provided for her by the school, and everything Midoriya wants to buy for her, he does. His grades don't suffer, his training is unscathed, and he spends the rest of the day back in the dorms with Eri. Eraserhead is always on site just in case. Eri eventually heals mentally, they're both very happy. Everyone wins. But, what about during school hours?"

Shouta and Toshinori both looked at each other, both realizing that was going to be an issue no matter who Eri went with. Even if she went with Aizawa, he had to go to school and work the same hours as the students. Sometimes even more.

The chief continued, "And like Eraserhead said, what about schooling? Public school is an absolute no go."

Toshinori shrugged, "We solve one issue with another one. During Midoriya's school hours, Eri is also being homeschooled for a few hours, and then being watched over by someone else."

"By who? Homeschooling doesn't really need anyone with a teaching background, but they should be well educated."

"...Um…" Toshinori turned to Shouta, "What about Ms. Joke?"

Shouta sighed, "Normally I'd say yes. Emi is very good with children. However, Eri is a special case. Emi can work with normal kids, but she might just make Eri's anxiety ten times worse. She's very loud and in your face. Which most kids don't care about, but Eri…I don't think so. I'll keep her on the options list. What about Nighteye?"

Toshinori scoffed, "Are you kidding? He'd terrify her. Not to mention he'd be a strict teacher. No. So we need someone kind, good with kids, good education, has enough free time, and has the ability to gain Eri's trust like Midoriya…" The former pro's eyes widened. "I need to make a call."

(A Few Minutes Later)

"W-...What?"

"How would you feel about homeschooling the child we just rescued?"

The line went silent for a few seconds, as Toshinori expected. It was definitely a strange request to suddenly ask your girlfriend. He knew Inko had her nursing job, but she just seemed like the perfect choice. She was well educated with her bachelors, she was astounding with kids, it was quite possible that there was no one kinder or sweeter than her, trusting, and being Midoriya's mother would make it far easier for Eri to feel comfortable around her.

"I-I...I don't know. I guess I'm open to it, it's just so sudden."

"I really am sorry for springing this on you. But, we really need someone to teach Eri and keep her company during school hours. It's become very clear to us that she's grown very attached to Izuku...but she's extremely nervous and scared around anyone else. And if there's anyone else that could get through to Eri, at least until she becomes more accustomed to other people, it's probably you. Especially once she learns you're Izuku's mother."

"Wow...I did teach some minor schooling to Izuku when he was extremely little. And I've helped some of the children and teens who've been hospitalized and couldn't go back to school for awhile with their homework. But a six-year-old? Are you sure I can do it?"

Toshinori pressed his lips together as he leaned against the wall outside of the hospital. "To be honest, you might not have to teach anything major for a while. We're not sure if the place she was being kept gave her any real schooling. We can easily make lesson plans for you. All we would require of you is a few hours of schooling. And then hopefully one day Eri will be confident enough to attend a real school."

Back home, Inko furrowed her brow as she thought it all over. "Alright. I'll do it. If I can really help this poor girl, then I can't pass this up." She really was Izuku's mother. "But what about my nursing job?"

"You already told me that nurses with healing quirks get more hours than you. And you haven't even seen the pay yet."

"I'm getting paid?"

"Yeah, I already called Nezu about it. Here, I'll text you his offer." He sent the number and waited for Inko to respond. "...Inko? Did you get it?"

"...O-Oh, I got it...That's...that's a lot of zeroes. Are you sure the school can afford this?"

"We have training grounds the size of multiple city blocks, a robot army, dozens of dorm buildings, and that's not even with the expenses of food, the support studio, the colosseum, and a bunch of other crap. I don't even think U.A knows what a budget is. Nezu wants something and the government gives it to him. Honestly I'm almost tempted to negotiate with him, because he might consider your paycheck as chump change."

"Nononono, this is plenty. I accept."

"Perfect. I'll be sure to tell him your answer."

"Great. I'll be sure to-"

"Also Izuku may or may not have offered to be the one to take care of Eri during after-school hours."

"...What?"

"Yeeaaah, that's a thing. Just thought you should know that." Toshinori waited for some sort of response from Inko, but received nothing. "...Inko?...Honey?" There was nothing except silence. "...Um...Welp, it's about time I hit the ol' dusty trail...so I'll see you at home?" Silence. "...Okay, bye. Love you."

*Click*

"Hopefully that shocked silence was out of happiness."

"So…" Toshinori turned to see Aizawa walking towards him, hands in his pockets. "...you find that teacher?"

"I did. And I think Eri will like her a lot once she gets used to her."

"And this decision is not at all biased, even though you said "love you" at the end?"

"Biased? A little. Still a good choice? Yes."

Shouta shook his head, leaning against the wall next to the former pro. "I just don't understand why you're pushing for this."

Toshinori sighed, "To be honest with you, there's about a million reasons why I shouldn't."

"I know. I've been trying to tell you."

After chuckling, the former pro continued. "However, I also know Young Midoriya won't back down. He'd still find a way to be with Eri no matter where she went. He'll put his entire life aside just to help one single person. But now it's someone he sees something in. And I think we both know that if there was anyone that actually could make a situation like that work, it'd be him."

"That doesn't mean he should put himself in said situation."

"I know...I know. But he's going to. And it's partially my fault. I jammed in his head that he should butt his way into any situation, no matter how much he's told no, as long as the end result means helping someone."

Shouta looked over to Yagi. "And do you really think watching over a kid is going to help turn him into the next you?" Toshinori looked over at Shouta, but not with shock. "I'm not an idiot. How long did you think favoritism was all I was going to see it as? I obviously don't know everything, but I know enough to understand that you of all people wouldn't want any distractions on him. So, why? Why are you so okay with this?"

Toshinori pursed his lips, standing up straight from the wall he was leaning on. He shrugged, "Because he's already better than me. Hell, he was already better than me the day I met him. He just needed help to reach his path. I'll continue to help and teach him for as long as I can, but he already has everything it takes to be a hero."

"Look, he may be strong. But-"

"He's not ready for the real hero world? Yep, he sure isn't. Not fully. That's not what I meant." Shouta nodded, signalling for Toshinori to continue. "I may have been the Symbol of Peace, but I was as big of a fatalist as they come. Ever since the death of my only real mother-figure and this damn injury, I was cynical. I smiled, I was deemed the greatest hero in the world. I brought together not just a nation, but all nations in the fight against evil. At least the idea of it. I had everything I ever dreamed of, I was everything I aspired to be."

"Except?"

"Except I was a liar. Not a liar of much, mind you. But I was. I was weighed down by reality. I spoke of doing the impossible, but I knew impossible was far more common than the opposite. A couple years ago if we were in the same situation as we're in now, I would have left Eri to the government. I saved her, the rest wasn't my problem. I wouldn't have thought I could do anything about it. Back when Nezu was considering allowing quirkless to take the entrance exam, if he had asked me my opinion, I would have thought that his brain had finally cracked."

"We all have our problems. None of that changes what you did for the world."

"You're right. It doesn't. But I still hate myself for it. Until I met Young Midoriya that is. He reminded me of what I set out to do back when I was 14. He cleared away my grief and cynicism, and reminded me of what my master taught me a long time ago. Something that I dismissed in my want for revenge against All For One, something that was buried deep after I fully realized just how bad my injury was. My days as a hero were numbered, and I thought everything I built was going to crumble after the world saw me all skeletal and small. I would never stop saving people, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it was all for naught."

"And what did Midoriya remind you of?"

Toshinori smiled, "That no matter how much reality beats you down, you look it dead in the eye and keep fighting. No matter how close you are to giving in, you stand back up. He's been told no. He's been told everything was impossible all of his life. Even I told him something was impossible. Yet, here he is. Granted, with help. But that help would be worthless without his effort, or his heart. When he looks at someone, he doesn't just see a person. He sees a life. A life that can be filled with happiness, with love, with hope. And if his own life takes a hit for it, he'd still gladly do it in a heartbeat. Being a hero means sacrifice. I lost sight of that for a long time."

Shouta didn't say anything, he simply continued to listen.

"That's what he's doing with Eri. He sees someone who he can give a better life to. Someone he can protect, wants to protect. Someone whose vision is clouded. No matter what it takes, he'll do it." Toshinori laughed, "It just so happens he thinks he should handle this matter personally, for reasons I'm not at liberty to discuss. It's not my place. And I'm not saying he definitely should do it, nor am I saying he's not trying to take responsibility for something that definitely isn't his to take. But, in summary, the reason I'm okay with him watching over Eri is because it's not hurting his goal. It's once again proving why he's going to reach it. Just as he'll prove it time and time again."

Aizawa ran a hand over his face, sighing loudly. "I can't believe you're very slightly convincing me. However, I'm still voting no."

"I know. You're the far more responsible adult, so I would expect nothing less. I do feel bad for you though."

"Why's that?"

"Because Ms. Joke will never forgive you for not being the one to bring home a child to raise with her."

"Oh God-damn it. You're right." Shouta pinched the bridge of his nose, mulling over everything. "Is it so much to ask for just one week of normalcy?"

"Do you realize how bored we'd be?"

"I figured after everything you went through you'd be begging for peace and quiet."

"Maybe, but I never even got the chance to taste that kind of life."

"Problem Child?"

"Problem Child."

"I heard my name." Both turned to see Izuku approaching with a paper cup of coffee.

"Ah, Young Midoriya. Aizawa and I were just discussing Eri's living arrangements. Would you believe me if I said I convinced him?"

Shouta sighed, "I said very slightly. That's nowhere near enough for me to approve."

"Yes, but if my argument even slightly convinced you of all people, then that means it'll probably convince most others."

All Toshinori received in response was a grumble. Izuku chuckled and then turned to his mentor. "All Might, can I talk to you?"

"Of course, my boy." As the duo walked away, Toshinori looked back to his student. "Oh, but I just got someone to homeschool Eri during your school hours."

"Really? Who?"

"Inko, actually. I thought she'd be a great choice."

"Oh! I never would've thought of Mom." The two missed the look of shock on Shouta's face as he realized Izuku's mother was the person All Might said "Love you" to on the phone. "Did y-you tell her about where exactly Eri would be staying?"

"Yeah, and I didn't exactly get a response. I might've broken her brain with that one."

"W-Well, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Oh, I almost forgot. This is for you." Izuku handed Toshinori the coffee cup he was carrying. "It's decaf, obviously."

"Thank you. Damn, what I would give to get my stomach back to make this coffee caffeinated. I'm so tired."

"You're tired? You're the only one that didn't go on the mission."

"I had to comfort your fretting mother throughout the whole thing."

"Nevermind. You're the true hero here." Both laughed as Izuku continued to lead them into the building, up the hospital steps and out onto the roof.

"So, my boy, what exactly was it you wanted to talk about?"

Izuku shrugged, "I don't know. That's for you two to decide." The teen then lifted off the ground, practicing his new quirk. Toshinori watched as Izuku began floating around, practicing maneuvers. He scoffed, but chuckled. "That kid is so weird sometimes."

"More like all the time."

Toshinori chuckled at Nana's joke, "Yeah that's probably more accurate. But he…" The former symbol of peace froze. A hand was suddenly placed on his shoulder, but he couldn't look. His body wouldn't move.

"He's weird, but he's our weirdo. Well, Inko's weirdo. She just kinda allows us to be here. That little woman could probably choke us out." Toshinori breathed in deep, turning his head to the left. The sight of his old mentor stopped his heart.

"You...Y-You…"

The hand on his shoulder moved up to his hair, "How many years has it been, Toshi? 30? 31?"

"I…"

"Wow, you got tall. I mean, you were tall when I died. But now? Holy hell."

"H-How…?"

"Izuku put a drop of his blood into your coffee. Gross, but effective. But this isn't permanent. We-" Nana was cut-off as Toshinori grabbed her and brought her into the tightest hug he could muster.

Her body felt faint, almost as if Toshinori wasn't touching anything. Which was fitting since she wasn't actually there. Toshinori didn't cry very often. But now he was certain that he could give Izuku a run for his money in the waterworks department.

Up above, Izuku was doing his best not to listen in. This definitely wasn't something that he should intrude upon. 'I should make myself scarce.' Knowing Mirio was wanting to visit Eri, he floated his way down the building to find the blonde.

"Y-You're...You're actually here. Not that I thought Izuku was crazy or anything, but…" Toshinori faltered. "Wait, so...at the battle against All For One, that wasn't just in my head? That was you?"

"In the flesh. Or, not the fle-...You get what I mean."

Toshinori pulled back and continued to gaze at her, "I just...I-I don't know what to say."

"Then I'll say something." Nana cupped both of Toshinori's sunken cheeks, beginning to tear up herself. "I'm so sorry."

"Sorry? What could you be sorry for?"

"For leaving you. For dropping all of my burdens on you. For not being strong enough. If I was stronger, more capable, you wouldn't be coughing blood. You wouldn't look like this."

Through his tears Toshi smiled. "Hey, I happen to know a woman who quite likes how I look."

"Oh bless Inko. Gave you love and gifted the world with the greatest kid."

"A kid and life I wouldn't have if I didn't have this injury. Don't you ever apologize. You saved me so I could have this wonderful life. So thank you for everything. Thank you for being my first real family, and giving me my new one. Not to mention keeping them alive if you've been guiding Izuku for the past few weeks."

"Ah, don't mention it. I'm sure Izuku would've figured it out one way or another. He's a smart kid. He's the one who set up this meeting after all."

Toshinori gasped, "If he gave One For All back to me, then does th-"

"Calm down, this isn't permanent. We're still tethered to that kid."

"How?"

Nana walked over to the edge of the rooftop, "One For All is a special quirk as you already know. If it can hold remnants of its past users, like yours truly, it's pretty obvious this quirk is sentient in some way. Let's just call it a veto. We don't wanna stay, so we don't."

Toshi furrowed his brow, "One For All can just do that?"

She tilted her hand back and forth, "Eh. Kinda, sorta, maybe. Not if the deal is officially sealed. We usually just trust the present users' judgement. After a few hours, we can't do anything about it. Not to mention you're a past user. It's kinda like trying to use an old tool to build the rest of the house even though there's a far newer and better tool ready to be used. We'd much rather pick the new one."

"Fair enough."

"Besides, Izuku is something special. He's the first one we've ever given access to our other quirks."

"Okay, now that I might have a little bit of a problem with. Other quirks would've come in real handy back when I fought All For One the first time."

Nana shrugged, "It's not like I knew about it either. You think I wanted to die?"

"I guess not." The former hero walked over to his master and gazed at the city with her. "Damn, I've missed this."

"Me too." She put a hand on his shoulder, "But like you said, you've managed to snag yourself a wonderful new life. I don't even have to make sure that you're happy. I know you 's all I ever wanted for you. And Torino, of course. God I miss that old bastard. Hey, flip him off next time you see him and tell him it's from me. He'll get a kick outta that."

"Or he'll kick my jaw in and think I'm crazy."

"I see no flaws in this plan." Both of them chuckled, silence enveloping them afterwards.

"After all this time thinking of what I wish I could've said to you, now I have no idea what to say."

"That's just fine. All I wanted was to really be with you one last time. Before you die and come live with the rest of us that is. By the way, when you do pass on, you might have to sleep on the couch until we get a new room for you. Banjo refuses to move his pool table."

"Pool tab-? I almost fell for that."

*Clik-Clak*

The sound of pool balls clinking together sounded off as a third voice, presumably Banjo, came in, "Fell for what?"

Toshinori pinched the bridge of his nose, "How do I know so little about my own quirk?"

"Join the club." Nana turned back to All Might, and he did the same. "I don't have much time left. Would you mind calling Izuku back up here? I wanna see my boys together."

After a quick call, Izuku was up to the roof quickly. "You're leaving already?"

Nana nodded, "Afraid so. So let me say a few things." Looking over to Toshinori, she grasped his shoulders. "I watched you grow up into everything you ever wanted to be. One of the greatest men to ever walk the face of the Earth." She wiped away a few more stray tears from Toshinori's sunken eyes. "And those years were the best of my life. Even when I had to give away my son, I found solace in knowing that I didn't lose you, too. Because, you too are my son, Toshinori Yagi. In blood, no. In spirit, heart, and mind, you are my son."

"A-And I always thought of you as my mother."

She brought his head down and kissed his forehead, "I love you, Toshi."

"I love you, too."

Nana then turned to Izuku, bringing a hand down on his head and ruffling his hair. "And then there's you! Izuku Midoriya. Strong, stubborn, heroic, adorable, smart, yada yada you get the point. I watched Toshi grow up, and I can't wait to see you grow. I broke the rules, came here to help you. And yet, you were the one who helped me settle the sorrow and grief I held in my heart. You truly are incredible, Izuku. I couldn't have asked for a better grandkid."

"I-I've had enough people think I'm biologically All Might's son. We don't need people hearing that," Izuku joked.

"Let 'em think that. Who wouldn't want to be his son?"

"That's...actually a good point."

Nana laughed, kissing Izuku's forehead. "We'll see each other again. Just call for me, and I'll be there. Or don't, because I'll probably just show up anyway. For instance, I will be there whenever you and Momo actually have a biological child."

Izuku blushed, "I-I, w-w-well that's a long time, s-"

"Don't sweat on time, kid. Just promise me that you name her Nana."

"What if it's a boy?"

"Just keep trying till you get one. You'll get there eventually." Nana stood back up, looking at both of them. "I've lived my life. Now live yours. And don't do anything stupid, because I'll be watching." Tears flowed freely from Nana's eyes as she smiled widely. "Sayonara."

And like that, she was gone.

Not completely, as Izuku could still feel her presence reside in him as One For All seeped its way back into his body. But, it would be some time before he could see her face to face again. At least until he called upon her some day.

*Sniff*

Izuku turned to see All Might still crying, not even bothering to wipe away the tears. He turned to his pupil and quickly pulled him into a hug. "Thank you, my boy. Thank you."

A/N: Sayonara, Nana.

I have no regrets in including her in this story. I absolutely loved writing her, even if she was my own version of her.

I truly hope you enjoyed her, too.

Yeah I couldn't help myself with that TFS reference. I've done my best to stop, but that one was far too good to pass up. Damn I love that channel. Check out their charity stream on the 19th, support a good cause (free promotion because I love them so much).

Anyway, I know these chapters are taking a whole lot longer now. I'm really sorry. But, I can't do anything about it. With college, family stuff, work, even when I'm not busy I'm far too exhausted to write. I'll be sure to do my best, but don't expect them very fast.

Insecure Violet is next. So to those who love that story, I hope it'll be out soon.

Thank you for your patience everyone. I hope I can close out this story strong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45 0 2
Fem!Reader is going through her first heat. Both Midoriya and Bakugou catch her at the start, but who will claim her first?
160K 2.2K 27
It's been a week since the Overhaul incident nobody except a certain ponytail girl noticed how strange her classmate izuku midoriya is acting,after a...
1M 36.1K 47
(l/n) (y/n), a very hostile girl whom despised everyone and everyone despised her. izuku midoriya, a very sweet boy who was popular with his classmat...
31 2 1
(CrossPosted From Ao3) Neither knew how it happened. Katsuki had been giving Izuku money and gifts since part way through Middle School in exchange f...