From The Dining Table [H.S]

By beautifulharry_xo

It's assumed euphoria follows me around the world as I tell unknown stories through songs, yet I'd never know... More

Last Night In Jamaica
Emerald Eyes
Who Are You?
Loving you's the Antidote
Dancing in the Moonlight
From The Dining Table
Angel
I Miss Her
Dear Primrose...
All the Best, -H x
Better Than Words
The One Where Primrose Cries
The Night We Met
She's Special
2 Bananas for a Pound
Unexpected Visitors
Comfortable Silence
Too Late
The Unconscoius Mind
Colour Me In
Walking On Sunshine
Phonecalls
The Start Of Something New
6 More Days
For Your Eyes Only
Don't You Call Me Baby
Surprise, Surprise, Surpirse!
Busy Days And Getaways
London's Quite Big
Sleepy Girl
Beautiful Vulnerability
Chicken Salad
Peace and Prosperity
Beautiful Boy
After Dinner
Source of Happiness
Doesn't Feel Like Home
Fate
Breaking Point
Be Alright
May 12th
We're Live in 3... 2... 1...
May 12th pt.2
Stay
White Winged Dove
Lavendar and Crystal
Dreams
Clear Lipgloss
My World
We'll Be Alright
Unintentional Harm
Love You Goodbye
Eddie and Froggy
My Moment
Granny Pam
The Stories Behind His Letters
London's Calling
Eventim Apollo
After Show
Two Bodies One Soul
Lost Without Him.
Promises
I Feel Loved
Family
Lilac and Love
A Twisted Reality
New Years Eve
Hopeless Romantics
Wondering Hands
Falling
One Year
I Moved On
Through Eden We Will Walk
Epilogue

The Man I Want Him To Be

3.1K 43 21
By beautifulharry_xo

Primrose's POV:

*buzz buzz*

My eyes fluttered open weakly, as my head hung lowly in my knees. I'd fallen asleep while I was crying. I don't know how long I was asleep for, but it felt like forever. I groaned to myself as I repositioned my head in my lap.

*buzz buzz*

"Ughh!" I moaned, pulling my head up to lock eyes with my phone resting on the counter.

*buzz buzz*

Reaching up weakly, I grabbed my phone and pulled it in-front of me. I rubbed my eyes, clearing my vision as they focused on the text beaming on my phone screen.

Harry Styles

Decilne              Accept
Call                      Call

Accepting the call, I slouched back down against the fridge. "Mmmm hello?" I mumbled.

"Primrose? Are you okay?" Harry says frantically, his tone worried.

"No." I say flatly, staring at the floor as tears looked in my eyes again. I stayed silent for a few moments as I desperately fought the urge to cry.

"What happened, P. Please, talk to me. I got your text. I'm so sorry I didn't call you earlier." Harry apologies, and his words ache against my pounding head. Tears stream out my eyes as I quietly sob to myself, reliving what happened earlier.

"H-he touched me, Harry." I stutter, my speech broken by my sobs.

"Who? Who touched you?!" Harry barks.

"He said he was just helping me." I say to myself, forgetting Harry was even there.

"Who, Prim?" Harry says, calmer than before.

"The- the man. I dropped a glass, and he said he would help me. He was just helping me. Then he touched me." I explain weakly.

"Touched you?" Harry questions, knowing what I meant but not wanting to admit it to himself.

At this point I'd fully broken down crying. Tears flooded my raw skin, as painful cries forced their way out my rough throat. I sniffles relentlessly as I cried to Harry. "He slapped my ass, Harry. And you weren't there. You didn't save me. Where were you, Harry?" I sob deliriously.

"Primrose, I'm so sorry. You're okay now. Listen to my voice Pri-,"

"No, Harry!" I interrupt. "You didn't help me. He backed me up into a corner, and told me all these disgusting things about myself. Angel saved me - but not merely soon enough." I shout, not caring how much I didn't make sense.

"Primrose! Listen to me. My voice. Listen to it. Hear my words. It's familiar. It's warm. It's comforting. It's me, Prim. It's Harry, and I'm here now, baby." Harry soothes.

"D-don't call me baby." I laugh in between sniffles.

Harry exhales a small laugh. "Primrose, are you okay?" He asks calmly.

"No. I'm not. I feel violated. I feel dirty. And, all I want is you. I want to curl up in your arms, while you sing to me and play with my hair. I just want to feel safe, Harry. With you." I admit, my crying fading into a quiet sob.

"P, I'm so sorry I didn't call you soon enough. I was in the studio all night, and then Mitch, Sarah and I went out for a drink." Harry apologises again. The name Sarah stuck out me to me - it sounded like a pretty girls name. A short, blonde, skinny, naturally beautiful girl. A girl Harry went drinking with. A girl he spends every day with. Ugh, Sarah.

"Sarah?" I ask.

"Yeah. Sarah, Mitch and I." Harry repeats.

"Who's Sarah?" I ask flatly.

"She's Mitch's girlfriend." Harry replies.

"Ohhhhhhhh. Girlfriend." I say to myself.

"Someone a bit jealous there, Prim?" Harry teases.

"Mmmmmm, no." I groan, rubbing my nose with my thumb and pointer finger. A yawn escapes my mouth, as I slouch further down against the fridge.

"You sound tired, love." Harry hums. "Did I wake you up?"

"No. Well, yes. But I wasn't in bed." I say. Grabbing onto the fridge handle, I pull myself up.

"Fall asleep on the sofa again, hmm?" He laughs.

"No. I fell asleep on the floor by the fridge." I groan, as I wobble my way into my bedroom. Flipping on the light, I fall onto my bed; my back hitting the bed with an oomph.

"The kitchen floor?!" Harry shouts. "Primrose, I'm so sorry." He says sympathetically.

"Sorry for what?" I question, throwing off my apron and pulling my jeans down over my ankles.

"That I wasn't there to help you."

I sigh, shaking my head at him. "You're busy Harry - beyond busy." I remind him. "I just wish you were here."

"I wish I was too, bab- I mean... I wish I was too, pumpkin." Harry interrupts himself.

An embarrassing laugh hollers out my throat, sending me into an uncontrollable cackle. I snort loudly, as my stomach cramps from the lack of oxygen. I clench my abdomen tightly as I go silent in my laughter. Wheezing, I pull myself up, and hunch over the end of my bed.
"Pumpkin?" I mock, wiping a tear away from my eye.

"I can't win with you, can I?" He complains,

"No, no you can. I'm sorry. But... pumpkin?" I hold back my laughter. "Can we go back to baby?"

"Maybe. I'm glad to hear you laughing." Harry says warmly.

"I'm glad to hear your voice." I admit, crawling under my duvet covers. "I miss you."

"I miss you too, P."

"When can I come see you?" I ask, not caring how whiny it sounded.

"Soon, love. Soon." Harry speaks softly.

Another yawn escapes my mouth, and I fail to hide it. My hooded eyes grow weaker, as I feel my tiredness engulf me. "Goodnight, Harry." I mumble, as my head sinks further into my pillow.

"Goodnight, Primrose. Sleep well, beautiful." Harry hums, before ending the call. I snuggle into my duvet, and quickly fell into an easy sleep, comforted by the soothing thought of Harry's words.

The next morning, I woke up super early - around 7:13am. I didn't feel at all tired, I felt super lively. Hopping in the shower, I shuffled One Direction and danced around as I washed my hair.

'Everybody wanna steal my girl'

The music blared, as I applied my conditioner. I'd never heard any of these songs before, which really shocks me considering how big of a band they are.

'Everybody wanna take her heart away'

The song continued, as I turned off my shower. Wrapping my towel securely around my waist, I turned off my Spotify and headed to my kitchen. "Alexa, play... ummm... shit what's it called?" I say to myself, as I open the fridge and take out the milk.

'For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart.' I sing to myself, desperately trying to remember the next lyric.

'For when you're lonely, and forget who you are.'  The door slams open, and Angel dances in, finishing the next lyric for me. "Morning, sunshine!" He says happily, as I stand in the kitchen, holding on to the granite in pure shock.

"What the fuck was that?" I shout, slamming the milk down.

"I was about to come in, and I heard you singing. And when you didn't finish the next line... I did." He says proudly, pulling out a stool and sitting down.

"Why are you here so early? You aren't in until 10 today?" I ask, pouring the milk over my cereal.

"Well, I thought I'd come and check on you after yesterday. After I closed up, I came to see you. When you weren't in bed, I just assumed you went out, so I left." Angel explains.

"You didn't see me?" I ask, shocked he didn't notice me on the floor.

"No? Where were you?" He asks.

"On the floor by the fridge." I laugh, shovelling a spoonful of SpecialK in my mouth.

"What?!" Angel shouts, almost falling off his stool. "You were on the floor and I didn't see you? Why didn't you say anything?"

"I was asleep." I laugh again. "Then Harry rang me. I'd text him saying I needed to talk, and he woke me up at like midnight with the call. I was half asleep and delirious, so I started blaming him saying he should've helped me." I explain, finishing my cereal.

"Oh, Prim. I'm so sorry I didn't see you." Angel apologises, standing up to come and hug me. "Are you okay, you know, after yesterday?" He asks warmly.

"Uhh, yeah. Fine." I brush it off, pulling out the hug and walking my bowl over to the sink. To be honest, I wasn't fine. I was scared - terrified - to go downstairs. But I didn't want to think about it for another second.

Angel watches as I soundlessly move around my apartment, gathering things to take down to work and airing out my wet hair. Just as I went to push open my door, I felt a light but dominant hand on my arm. "Prim, are you sure you're okay?" Angel asks again, concern rising in his eyes.

"Yeah, positive." I lie, plastering on a smile. Yuck, I feel like Dan with this fake smile. Angel hesitantly removed his hand, and pushed open the door, gesturing for me to go out first. Smiling, I headed down the stairs and into the bar. It was a foggy morning - winds were high and the tide was rough. The sea was scattered with surfers dressed head to toe in wetsuits, and the streets were the quietest I've seen in months.

Angel and I stood quietly behind the bar, entertaining ourselves by going on our phones. My eyes immediately widened as I saw an unread message from Harry.

From: Harry
Sent 05:41am

Hope you're doing better this morning. Call me if you need anything x

A small smile crept across my face as my eyes scanned the screen over and over again, reading the words in Harry's voice. He's actually the cutest - I miss him so much! I'm praying he was serious when he said I could come and visit him. I don't know if I'll be able to last a whole month without him.

Looking up from my phone, I notice Angels expression harsh, as his thumbs move rapidly over his screen. "Everything okay?" I say quietly. Angel doesn't react, he just continues to type his message. Slamming his phone down, he turns to face me.

"Yeah, fine. Jake won't leave me alone!" He wines.

"Which Jake? Plummer or footballer?" I ask.

"Plummer." He responds sharply.

"Oh, I didn't like him. I preferred footballer Jake. What ever happened to Mike?" I question further, leaning over the bar.

"Which Mike? Surfer or chef?" Angel walks round the bar and pulls up a barstool.

"I- there was a chef Mike?" I laugh. "You can't ever be satisfied with just one boy, can you?" I tease.

"No, of course not. I'm an attention whore. I thrive on love and affection." Angel says proudly, whipping his long hair over his shoulder. "Speaking of one boy... how's Dan?"

That name - we haven't spoke about him in weeks. An instant, sharp pain of fear shoots up my body, as I swallow down harshly in attempt to get rid of it. Unintentional tears form in the corners of my weak eyes, as I blink profusely. Noticing this, Angel runs round the bar and engulfs me into a hug.

"P, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-,"

"No, no it's fine. It's just... we haven't spoke about him since I came back from Jamaica. I haven't thought about him since I blocked his number a few weeks ago." I explain, wrapping my arms around Angel's waist. He kisses my damp hair lightly, before resting his head on mine.

"I'm sorry Prim, about all of this." He hums.

Lifting my head, I give him a confused look. "About what?"

"The situation you're in right now. You've got this awful situation with Dan, and then on top of that, you're in a love affair with international superstar Harry Styles. This can't be easy on you."

"It's not." I admit, letting a single tear escape my eye. "I just miss him, that's all." I say quietly, sniffling lightly.

*knock knock knock*

Angel and I shoot our heads round to face an elderly gentlemen, short and grey haired, wrapped tightly in a coat, scarf and hat. "I'm so sorry to be a bother, but are you open?" He asks politely, giving me a concerned look as he notices my state.

Leaping off my stool, I wipe my eyes, and plaster on that all too familiar fake smile. "Hi, yes we are open. Please come in." I gesture.

"Thank you." He hums. "I'm sorry if I'm over stepping here my dear, but are you alright?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just boy troubles." I laugh, taken back by his question.

"Ain't that the truth." Angel chimes in, and I shoot him a friendly scowl.

"Well, I won't dig any deeper... but I will tell you this." He begins, pulling out a chair at a window table. "If this boy is making you happy, and making you feel alive, keep him. However, if this boy is making you loose sight of who you really are, loose him. It's the boy that makes you smile and laugh, who will soon become the man who helps you see things in yourself you never saw before. It's that man who will walk you down the isle. It's that man, who will wake up every morning and tell you how happy he is to have you." The man smiles, before reaching forward and grabbing a menu like nothing ever happened.

Walking back to Angel, I let the man's words sink in. I look up at him, speechless. "Did you hear that?" I whisper.

"Damn right. The man didn't lie." Angel says. "Listen to him, Prim." He smiles, before vanishing round the bar to take the man's order.

I want to take his advice, I really do.

But... what if he's both those boys. What if this boy is making me excited for the little things, and is making me laugh at the stupid things. What if they make me feel a sensation I've never experienced before. However, what if they make me feel so alone, and small when they aren't around? What if they make me feel lost?

Harry... Harry is both those boys. And I don't know if he will become the man I want him to be.

***

A/N:
IM SO SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER ITS AWFUL! I JUST NEED A FEW FILLERS TO LEAD ME INTO A BIG EVENT I HAVE PLANNED! PLEASE DONT LEAVE!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 1.5K 20
Elizabeth It's been a while, I know. I probably scared you and I thoroughly apologise for putting you through this. I made a new album and I would li...
491K 3.3K 20
Smut filled adventure with Harry, your friend
4.8K 88 45
"youre unhappy i know you are!" "oh shut up harry! you so wanna kiss me right now!" - hi im sarah and this is how i fell in love with my best friend...
306K 5.6K 43
POV Fine Line was written about you... Harry is on vacation writing for his second album while on the island he meets a girl, Daisy, who becomes the...