His Arrogant Ways

By xomaggsxo

Aaliyah/ Liyah- She's fierce and sassy. Has all the confidence in the world. Biggest problem? Hates people. H... More

Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter: 23
Chapter: 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter: 27
Chapter: 28
Chapter: 29
Chapter: 30

Chapter: 5

1K 44 1
By xomaggsxo

"Wow. This is your house?" Toni was gaping at my house and I nodded whilst shrugging. "Yup." I popped the 'p'. "Where are your parents?" Alex asked and I shrugged. "Who knows." They stared at me wide-eyed. 

"Your parents aren't home, leaving you.. Alone?" Toni rushed out and I nodded again confused. I glanced at Alex and she mirrored my expression. She looked at me and shrugged. "Lets have a sleepover!" Toni started bouncing in her seat.

"Won't that be fun?!" She asked between Alex and I. "A blast." I muttered. I hadn't had a sleepover since the middle school. Nights when Cindy invites her to stay without my consent does not count. 

Cindy is my mom's best friend's daughter. She forces us to be friends. To be honest, the friendship is all one sided. I try my best to ignore her when I can. She follows me like a puppy, then tries to lecture me on how I live.

I don't think so. "Yay!" Toni's piercing scream brought me out of my thoughts and I flinched, as did Alex. "Shut up, Ton!" Alex yelled to her sister. "Sorry." She muttered sheepishly. I laughed at them and got out of the car. I've been doing a lot of laughing lately.. Ew. I should stop. And scowl in three.. Two.. O- 

"Why do you look constipated?" Toni beamed next to me with a bright smile. I scowled at her. She backed up a little. "Sorry." I growled and walked up to the house inserting my house key and walking in.

I walked in and up the stairs. I was half way up the stairs when I glanced behind me. Alex and Toni stood at the bottom gawking at my house. I groaned and walked down the stairs, gripping their wrists- lightly, and walking up the stairs with them trailing. 

Walking into my room was no better. "This is your room?" Toni's jaw was on the ground and I rolled my eyes. "Obviously." She sent me a fake smile and dropped it but then started to have her eyes explore my room some more.

I pulled my phone out and placed it on the charger. "Do you guys need to charger your phones?" I decided to be polite and ask, who knows, maybe their parents will call them home. "Yes, please, do you have the 5?" Toni asked and I nodded. She smiled and threw her phone AT ME! Without warning!

The phone hit my forehead and fell onto the bed. I looked up at a terrified Toni. "Oops!" She threw out. I glared at her, but then started laughing with Alex. Toni soon joined us and I composed myself long enough to connect their phones.

I sighed in content. I got up and walked to the other side of the room. "Are you guys thirsty?" I asked while I pulled open my mini fridge door. "Yes!" Toni yelled while Alex nodded her head up and down like an excited toddler. I chuckled and nodded. Shoot. All I got is Red Bull.

"Do you guys happen to like Red Bull?" I asked praying. I do not feel like walking all the way downstairs to get them a drink! Again, they both nodded fastly. I laughed and threw them one each, cracking open my own. 

"I think you've just become our best friend." Toni stated taking a gulp out of her Red Bull. "Why's that?" I cocked my head to the side, curiously. "We all have the same things in common. I mean, we-" She motioned from her to Alex, "don't talk to anyone. It's always been just us. She's my sister, but she's my best friend." I nodded understanding kind of.

It's always just been me. Whenever I needed someone most, they weren't there. They offered me small smiles and I turned away. "Liyah, why don't you smile?" Toni questioned scooting closer to me. 

"What's there to smile about. You're not supposed to smile in hell; it pisses Satan off." I scoffed. She tilted her head sideways staring at me. "What?" I asked feeling odd under her intense stare. "There's more to you, and I'll find out. But until then, we're your friends and we don't care if you hate us, we're friends!" She demanded and Alex nodded in agreement. "Yeah!" She yelled out and I laughed. 

Okay. Then. Crazy biotches. They smiled warmly at me, and I found myself returning it. "Speaking of friends, when are your parents getting home?" Alex asked with a smirk. "Two things, how does that deal with friends, and-" I paused to grab my phone and text them when I already had a missed message.

It was from my parents telling me they weren't coming home and Sophie was with them, while Emma went back to college. Okay. "They actually aren't." I finished and Alex smirk widened. "Okay." Was all she replied with as she grabbed her phone.

"Okay.." I said slowly, but shaking it off. "Well, what do girls do at sleepovers?" I questioned after a brief silence and only the sounds of Alex's nails hitting her phone screen. "I don't know we don't have friends." Toni laughed and I joined in with her.

"I have an idea, but give me ten minutes." Alex was now looking at us again with that stupid smirk. I sighed but didn't press what she was up to.

****************************

The doorbell rang and I sighed. I got up and jogged down the marble staircase with the girls trailing behind me. I unlocked the door and opened it. "Nope, absolutely not. Ha, sorry." I started to shut the door when a foot stopped it. 

"Sorry, baby, we were invited." He mocked me and I growled. "Get. The. Fuck. Off. Of. My. Property." I growled slow and lowly trying to get the point across. "Okay, calm down." Toni said grabbing my shoulders and pulling me away from the door.

"Yeah, that'd no way to talk to your guests." Elijah smirked and walked in with the guys trailing behind him. I growled at his back and turned to Xavier. He offered me a smile and I felt my face softening. No Aaliyah Marie Langdon, we are not soft. We are strong and independent. I turned away with a scowl; my stomach turning a bit as I saw his face drop.

I sighed and turned to Alex. I glared at her and pointed to her. Indicating for her to follow me. We walked to the other room. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked calmly. And she looked a little worried. She was fidgeting with her fingers when she offered me a small smile. 

"I want all of us to be friends, you know? I think it'd be good for you. You deserve friendship." She explained and I sighed. "Yeah, well, if you haven't noticed, one of those friends is the reason why I don't trust." I muttered. 

Her eyebrows came together. "Who? Elijah, you guys know each other?" She asked confused. "What. No, I'm talking about Jay." I was now confused. She was even more confused than before. Making me confused. "What happened with you and Jay?" She asked slowly, making sure not to hurt me.

"We used to date and it just didn't end well for us and I just stopped trusting. I lost a lot of people I used to call friends." I shrugged not really caring. She had a look of pity and I shook my head. "Don't feel bad for me, it's alright. I'm alright." I explained.

"No, you're not alright! You can't trust anymore because of that asshole! Ugh, I swear, I'll rip his head off his shoulders with my bare hands!" She was pacing. "Whoa, calm down, Alex, it's okay, I promise, I'll learn how to trust again. Someday." I muttered the last part.

She sighed and nodded. "Hey, Liyah." She asked playing with her fingers again. "Yeah?" I creased my eyebrows together in confusion. "Can I-uh, hug you?" She asked looking at her feet and I raised an eyebrow. 

"If you tell anyone I will-" She cut my threat off by smashing her body against mine and hugging me tight. It felt nice to feel like someone's there for once. I wrapped my arms around her too, hugging back lightly. It's nice to be comforted. 

She pulled back and smiled at me. I smiled back. "Oh my God! You smiled!" She exclaimed pointing her finger at my face. I smirked in interest as she made a big scene. She frowned but smiled again. "I don't care, you smiled and I was the reason. Life is complete." I laughed at her and she joined in shortly.

"Well, well, well, would you look at what we have here." Elijah came into the kitchen and leaned against the counter. Alex scoffed. "What?" She asked irritated with him. "Were hungry." He shrugged and I glanced at the two. "Pizza." We all said in unison. Alex and I laughed and Elijah watched in amusement. 

"Shit." I cussed. "What?" Alex asked worriedly. "I don't have my phone." I frowned. "Go get it then." She urged on. "But it's like, all the way up stairs!" I whined, causing the two to laugh at me. "There, there." Alex cooed and I scowled. 

Elijah laughed and pulled his phone out, handing it to me. I smiled a small smile, taking his phone in my hands and looking down at the numbers. I felt fingers wrap themselves gently around my chin, bringing it up. "You have a cute smile, you should smile more, it's prettier than a scowl." Elijah whispered. 

I laughed. "Coming from you, all you do is smirk." I countered and he shrugged. "Touché, Langdon, touché." I feigned hurt. "Oh, so now were on a last name basis. Bummer, I really thought we were getting somewhere." He laughed and I joined him.

I pulled myself together and typed in the pizza number. "You know the pizza number by heart?" He raised an eyebrow, clearly amused. I shrugged. "I spend a lot of time alone at home, and God knows I don't cook food for shit." I remarked as soon as someone picked up. "Excuse me, ma'am?" The guy asked. Oops.

*****************

The pizza came and we were all chilling in my room scattered around doing God knows what. "Oh my God, Eric! Get out of my underwear drawer!" I groaned, as I had to get out of bed and chase Eric around my room. 

I caught him, by tackling him to the ground, so once I freed my thong from his grasp, I straddled him, wrapping the thong around his head. "You're welcome." I smirked as I got off him and he got up trying to get the underwear off his head, but couldn't and started to run around. He hit the wall and fell.

I laughed, as did everyone else. "So, Liyah, you're a thong girl, huh?" Jonah wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and I rolled my eyes throwing a pillow at his face. "Pervert." I mumbled and he laughed, as did the rest.

"I was just asking for my dear brother here, right Xavier?" Xavier blushed a bright apple red and I laughed at his cuteness. "I-I." He stuttered but I cute him off. "Awe! Xavier you're so damn cute!" I cooed as I jumped on top of him and attacked him in a hug. 

"Ew!" He cried out. "Awe, is little X still going through his cooties phase?" I taunted. "Shut up." He grumbled and I laughed placing a kiss on his cheek. I pulled back and all the guys looked amused at the flushed Xavier. "What?" I asked confused.

"Aailyah Marie Langdon actually has a soul?" Jay fake gasped I laughed and hit his arm playfully. "Shut up." I rolled my eyes as they all laughed. 

"Did you guys know that little Xavier here is still a virgin?" Jonah asked with a big fat smirk. "Shut up, Jonah, not all guys are players like you." I eyed him up and down with feign disgust. He laughed and shrugged.

"Are you defending him because you wuv him? Jonah's playing around was getting annoying. "Oh! But of course! You know how I like em younger!" I sent a playful wink at Xavier and it seems he's gotten more comfortable with me.

"Then how about you come over here and give papa a big kiss." He smirked. "Oh god, Xavier! That's nasty! I would never call you 'papa' or anyone else who isn't my padre!" I exclaimed with disgust. All the guys laughed and Toni jumped up. 

"Guys! I have an idea!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
1.1K 55 35
Elena Marie Owens, a cool, Independent 15 year old. A very well known person around New York due to her talents in the Arts and Crafts, and one of he...
10.8K 430 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
53 0 24
Maya is just an average girl who always leaves the negatives behind and keeps a positive vibe for the future. She has a wonderful life with her famil...