Drowning in Love [hajeongwoo]

By hajeosaj

Park Jeongwoo found Watanabe Haruto in between chaos and sadness; he became his air to learn how to breathe a... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirthy-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue

Chapter Seven

1.4K 108 18
By hajeosaj

Chapter Seven

"Are you sure you'll be fine to leave woo with me?" Haruto asked as we are already in front of his apartment's door. I never knew he's living alone, he never mentioned—he barely shares anything about him tho.

I gave him a smile, watching him sliding a card through his door.

"I'll come visit him or take him out during weekends," I answered. The door clicked and Haruto open it widely for us. He went inside and get haruwoo outside the basket and let them play around.

His place is neat, big enough for him, I think. It's settled with a small kitchen, a sofa—no television—no any trace of picture frames hang on the wall. It's empty. Plainly white.

Haruto glanced at me, asking me to get inside as he get the paper bags of dog food in my hand.

"I'll bring you some coffee, or you want tea?" he asked. Maybe he noticed my eyes roaming around.

"Aren't you hungry? Let's just order food," I suggested, he gave it a thought and nodded his head afterwards as he dialed on his phone.

Is Haruto fine living inside this colorless place? It's gloomy. It's like I'm seeing himself.

I stared at him sadly, still busy on the phone talking. I'm worried about something, it's like he's in great sadness. But maybe it's just me who's thinking of that.

He looked at me and caught me staring, so he just gave me a smile. I am thinking is he pretending to smile or he means them?

"I'll get change for awhile, you'll be fine here, right?" he asked, I nodded my head and watched him get inside the room.

Later that, I heard the door bell. I handed the amount of money we need to pay as the delivery boy handed me the food.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"It comes fast," he said, drying his hair with a towel—wearing a black shirt and white pajamas. I needed to calm myself because I'll end up staring at him. I nodded my head and continued putting the foods on the plate.

He seated himself in front of the table, watching me. I can feel my eyes shaking side by side, nervous over the mere thought that he's staring. He just makes me nervous all the time.

"How long have you stayed here?" I asked, placing the foods on the table.

"Since first year high school," he answered plainly, eyes on the foods. He's living alone for four years already. How sad is that?

I'm afraid to ask why he's alone, I don't think he wanted to share. So I settled down and mind my own food. I'm curious but I shouldn't ask anything personal unless he'll tell me himself.

"Haven't you ever thought of living that house?" he asked. He's referring about Jihoon again.

"I can't. And I don't know if I can handle to live alone," I answered honestly. It might be lonely living with Park Family, it's tough, painful and suffocating at some times, but I can't leave them. They haven't dragged me out of the mansion, as to why, I don't know.

He just nodded his head. Taking my answer as the end of conversation.

I'm good sharing anything to him but I have observed Haruto was never that open to me.

I said goodbye to Haruto and haruwoo after that because Jae texted me he's already waiting for me. I need to be home before 7:00 PM or else Mrs. Park will close the gates and I'll need to sleep outside the mansion.

"See you, tomorrow, Haruto," I said, already outside the door.

"Take care, Jeongwoo," I told him not to walk me downstairs anymore.

The trace of his empty place latched on my mind. It's like a sign. And I don't know why it keeps pulling me deeper, as if I can see Haruto drowning. And it pains me to think he's in a great pain—it hurts. I wish I was just overthinking.

;

Wednesday came soon enough after that night—I've been thinking of Haruto for hours before I slept, I was just bothered. So today, I look like a panda.

I keep applying foundation, trying to cover up some trace of darkness under my eyes. I have no time to check on myself because Jae asked me from downstairs.

I was running already upstairs all the way to our building, the result of sleeping late is waking up late—it didn't help that we'll have a quiz for today's first class.

I screwed up. Worrying about Haruto will cause me no good.

I was lucky enough to get inside the room first before Mrs. Choi did. I had no time to hear my classmates at the first row because I hurriedly took my seat without looking around.

I was glad that I studied, I was afraid for awhile that I will fail a quiz.

"Why you look so white?" Doyoung asked after finishing his paper. I can hear him chuckling, looks like he finds me funny.

"I do?" I asked, bit shocked and worried. Was that the reason why some students were looking at me awhile ago?

"Jeongwoo," I heard Haruto called out for me from the back which made the others looked back too. Until now, they are not used seeing him being friends with someone.

I looked back, I saw the shift of his expressions, he looks like he's about to laugh. I glared at him, he just motioned me to go near him.

The others are busy on their seats, reviewing for the afternoon's recitation, which I also need to review for. I think I need to worry about that.

"Why?" I asked, standing in front of him.

"Sit for awhile," he said. I arched my brows.

"We have no time to chitchat, we need to review," I told him. He just smirked.

"Maybe you need to review," he rephrased my words. I rolled my eyes and just seated myself beside him.

"Are you some kind of snow white wanna be?" he laughed, finally.

"Do I look that bad that you are laughing that hard?" I asked seriously. He shrugged his shoulder.

"You look like an idiot, as usual," he said, his hand in his pocket. He took out his handkerchief as he gently wiped it off on my face.

I can hear my heart beating so loud, about to explode when his face gets near me, his fragrance filled my nose as if it's some kind of addiction.

"Who would apply this heavy foundation?" he asked, his breathe under my neck as it tickled me softly. I feel so hot on my cheeks already.

"Me," I just responded. He chuckled.

"There," he said after. Staring at me with his beautiful smile. I examined it. I know it wasn't fake.

He then pinched my cheeks, "you look like a kid," laughing again. Why does he keeps saying such words to me.

"What," I just said and just bring myself back on my seat. Trying to calm down. Damn, Haruto. You're not good for my heart.

I stayed with the group for the afternoon's study, and as usual, Haruto came home. I was used to it, I can't force him to join if he don't want.

Doyoung asked me to do the activity assigned by partner with him in a café. Which I think wasn't a bad idea. He is also a busy person, and it's admiring how he works on things whenever he has chance to do so.

That's some kind of dedication.

"What do you want, Jeongwoo?" he asked when a crew approached us from our table. I just ordered chocolate iced coffee.

"Have you filled up the form for the music club?" he asked sipping on his milkshake, taking out his laptop.

Music Club. Uh, I remember it again, and now I can't stop worrying.

"I have the form already, I'll just need to filled it," I smiled. He nodded his head. Haruto helped me to get in, and new members will have an audition this coming Friday.

"I hope I can watch you," he said smiling.

"I will be embarrassed if ever," I chuckled, trying to pull over the arising nervousness thinking of the audition as we proceeded to doing the activity.

It was quick, almost an hour but we finished it that fast. Being paired with an intelligent guy is a blessing, I must say.

"Jeongwoo, I need to go. My coach texted me already," he frowned, feeling bad he needs to go ahead first.

"It's fine, I'll just finish rewriting this one and I'll go home," I gave him a reassuring smile as he waved his hand at me.

A familiar figure came across my sight that I needed to check if I see it right. It's Haruto. From the near café in front.

Is he working? He's wearing an apron and hat same with the other crews of that café.

I furrowed my brows. Is that the reason why he always need to leave first?

I found myself waiting for the café to close, I know it closes at 6:00 PM the café I am in closes at 7:00 PM.

Is this bad? I'm just curious.

"I just want to make sure he'll get home safely," I reasoned out to myself. Trying to ease my thoughts from invading Haruto's privacy.

It really kills—when you're deadly curious.

I watched over Haruto serving coffees, talking to customers and him smiling at them like he's not someone famous from a well-known University.

"He looks tired," I told myself. Seeing him yawning from the counter. If ever we get inside that café, what will be his reaction? Is that something he never wanted anyone to know?

I decided to take out a cake and chicken if ever he didn't eat yet. He don't have anything in his refrigerator.

This is spying, Park Jeongwoo. I told myself, hiding behind Haruto from not so far. He's in his uniform again.

"This isn't the way to his apartment though..." I whispered to myself when I saw him crossing another road.

A cemetery.

Is he visiting someone? I noticed he was carrying a basket of flowers.

It's getting darker, the dim light helped a bit so that I won't stumble while going through a rocky road going inside a narrow pathway.

I didn't know this place.

A wide space, grass field—that's what I saw. This is a private cemetery.

I hid myself behind a big rock, hoping Haruto won't hear the rustling sounds of my footsteps. It helped that the wind is blowing, the dried leaves making a noise.

"Junghwan, I'm here,"  I heard him said.

Junghwan. Is he his brother?

"I'm sorry, I haven't come for a month. I feel bad, I'm sorry," his voice is shaking, near to breaking down. I don't know why he sounds so different.

A month. It's been a month since we became friends.

"I told you about a kid, right. I'm friends with him, now. He reminds me of myself, that kid you used to help too when he was being bullied."

"I mentioned him once to you. He is like a younger brother to me."

Tears fell down from my cheeks when those words striked through my heart. Younger brother.

"Hwan. I miss you so bad. Can't you come back? I'm so lonely, still."

"I love you so much. It hurts. It still hurts as if it just happened yesterday. How, how will I continue living, Hwan? You are all that I have, but you left me."

"You're so unfair. You told me we'll live together. Now, I'm left with no one."

"Hwan... why. Why do you need to leave me?"

He broke down in tears. I can clearly hear him howling.

"Living is impossible without you. I can't breathe."

[good evening, i've said this chapter will be on a present pov of jeongwoo but i've changed my mind, i hope it don't cause confusion. and sorry for this lame update : (( I'm having a headache but I wanted to give the chapter seven already~ i'll do my best with the next chapters. Keep safe, everyone!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 108 2
Safety. Peace. That's all Wooyoung wanted from life now. Yet he harbors a secret that never fails to change his life for the worse.
23K 1.1K 13
Just Junkyu pouring his heart out to his diary about Watanbe Haruto who happens to be his brother's friend and his ultimate crush. It is my first ti...
13.8K 1K 24
Where in Park Jeongwoo, a famous idol under the world's largest entertainment, struggles to write his solo love song so he approaches a Twitter troll...
2K 116 8
"they were the right person for one another, fitting comfortably in each other's arms like a jigsaw, but there just wasn't enough time to complete th...