Haunted Beasts

Tadiwanshe által

Heaven Ross has always been weird and different and she was okay with that but after starting afresh at a ne... Több

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
A/N
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
EPILOGUE : PART 1

CHAPTER 25

7 3 0
Tadiwanshe által

James's grip on me is far too strong for me to easily shake off. He's never touched me like this nor has he ever been this aggressive before, well there was that time he was defending me from that wild girl who wanted to kill me but other than that he's never acted like this before. I don't even have to hear his thoughts to know what he's thinking because I can feel all the emotions radiating off of him.

He's enraged at the possibility that his precious Aurora has betrayed him with another man. But at the same time he still loves her. I almost feel bad for him. It must be harad seeing the woman who you believe to love in another's arms. But that's the problem, I'm not the woman he thinks I am. And he sure as hell doesn't deserve my sympathy, not with what he's thinking. He wants to break Sky, my Sky.

The possibility of him getting his hands on Sky feels me with rage. And seeing the images that he's conjuring in his mind just makes everything worse. Petrified that he might actually get his hands on Sky, I use all my strength to get out of his grasp.

James is startled by the fact that I have just effortlessly manhandled him. I'm a little shocked too but I dare not show him that. He stumbles onto the ground and the shock in his eyes is somehow visible even though it's dark. I'm pretty sure I'm not my usual self right now so I don't question how I'm able to see this clearly in the dark. James's confusion grows when he's sees his precious Aurora stalking over him. I guess the demon version of me never stood up to him, well guess what, I'm not Aurora! And it's time dear James understood that.

I don't give him the chance to run away or question my attack on him, I grab a handful of his long dark hair and drag him across the alley. Without any sort of warning I toss his body onto the wall, the same wall he tossed my boyfriend onto earlier. Perhaps that's why I'm acting so violently, the thought of Sky being hurt or mistreated in any sort of way enrages me and I will do just about anything to protect him from any form of danger.

I stand before him, his body trapped between myself and the brick wall. For the first time since I have known I see a foreign emotion in his eyes. Fear. It's all over his face, fear that I really might not be his Aurora after all. The human inside of me wants to feel some sort of sympathy for this demon who lost the love of his life under tragic conditions but the nonhuman side of me remembers how vicious he was towards my love and decide sympathy is the last thing that this monster deserves.

"I am not Aurora!" I angrily confirm what is possibly his worst fear.

He rises to his feet. Inspite of my violent act towards him just mere seconds ago, he reaches out to stroke my face. The look on his face brings back my human side as my heart start to ache for this heartbroken nonhuman. The rage he was feeling minutes earlier has completely vanished and has been replaced with fear and denial.

"No no no!" His is filled with anguish. He doesn't want to believe that I'm not her but deep down he knows it's true.

"I'm not her." I repeat but this time my voice is calm. "I'm Heaven."

"But you look...." He can't bring himself to finish the sentence. "She's never coming back." He mutters and I start to feel his hand fall from my face.

I immediately place my hand on top of his to stop him from removing his hand from my face. Suddenly I just want to hold him, to soothe and comfort him. He just lost his Aurora for a second now and it's not easy, not even for a demon. I can see the tears shining in his eyes and I'm pretty sure that's exactly how my eyes look right now. I guess even monsters cry too. But looking at him right now I don't see a monster or a demon , I just see a wounded creature which just wants to reunite with the love of it's life.

"James." I close my eyes knowing that what I'm going is going to change everything even though it feels like the right thing. "She's inside of me." I whisper.

"What?"

I keep my eyes closed but I can imagine that he's probably confused with what I have just said. "Aurora lives inside of me."

He lets go of me and this time I don't stop him. "What are you saying? How can she be inside of you?"

"I don't know." I'm starting to regret telling him but he was so sad and depressed earlier that I wanted to help him ease some of his pain. Instead I have just caused him to be more upset and confused.

"So you are her?" The hope that I might be his Aurora after all is evident in his voice.

"No no." I quickly deny it to avoid any further confusion but I seem to have accomplished the opposite.

"Then what are you?" He yells so loudly that if I was living a normal life someone would probably come to my rescue but no I'm the nonhuman who just ends up in the deserted allies of Seattle.

"James calm down."

"Tell me who you are!" His rage has returned and I mentally curse my big mouth. Why didn't I just keep it to myself?

"James...." I start but I stop when I hear Sky start to wake up.

"Heaven?" He's groaning and slowly gaining consciousness. "Uh, my head."

My heart thumbs as soon as I hear his voice. Oh my God he's okay! But my relief is blindsided by the fact that an out of control demon is here. I desperately want to rush over to Sky but I need to get rid of James first. I don't want Sky to see him because I wouldn't know how to explain him and I sure as hell know that James wouldn't bother with concealing his true self in Sky's presence.

"James you need to go." My tone is pleading with him to leave peacefully.

He seems to sense my desperation because he flashes an evil grin one that suggests that's he's not going anywhere, not without a fight that is. "Why? Don't you want me to say hi to the human?"

"James." I warn.

"I'm sure he would like me. I know I would, I can smell him and it's been a long day. I think I need to entertain myself."

My eyes widen as realisation hits me. Sky is bleeding and I remember Amelia saying something about demons feeding on humans just for the sake of it. Oh no!

"You will not hurt him!" I say as I fiercely block his way to Sky.

"And just who's going to stop me?"

His cockiness maddens me. Has he already forgotten what I did to him earlier. I close my eyes and less than a second later I hear the snap of my wings. I slowly rise from the ground and look down at him. He stops at looks up at me completely taken aback. That will teach him not to underestimate me. I can see my reflection in his eyes and I'm definitely not human anymore, I'm flying and my eyes are glowing, no traces of brown orbs just plain glowing light.

"You will not touch him."

He doesn't run away like I had originally thought but I can see he no longer interested in challenging me or threatening Sky. "This is not the last time you see me." He issues a warning of his own before dissapearing into the night.

When I'm sure that he's gone I'm come down from my high, literally. I really hope no one saw me but that's the least of my worries. Sky is who concerns me the most right now. I still haven't rushed to him yet because I'm scared that my appearance is lightly still not human like. I can hear him whining in pain and wondering just what exactly is going on.

"Heaven?" When he calls out my name I can't resist anymore. Throwing caution to the wind I rush towards him and kneel on the ground next to him.

"I'm right here." I say and pull him into my arms. "I'm so sorry." I whisper so quietly that I doubt he even hears it.

"What happened?" He asks.

I ignore his question. "Let's get up. It's late and we need to get home." I say to try and distract him from his line of thought.

Surprisingly he obliges and together we get off the ground. "Can you walk?" I ask, wanting to know if James inflicted more damage to my boyfriend than I thought.

"Yes." Sky answers irritatedly. "Heaven what's going on." He asks again.

"Let's just go home."

"No. Tell me what happened!"

I sigh, I didn't want to have to do this but my boyfriend has left me with no choice. I grab his head and slam my mouth against his. Sky, who's obviously taken aback by my attack, tries to resist but I harden the kiss, forcing him to kiss me back regardless of the questions he has at the moment.

After pulling away we are both breathless and I start to caress his cheek. He presses his forehead against my own, mirroring our earlier intimacy. If only we could be a normal couple, one where the girlfriend doesn't have to reverse the boyfriend's memory.

I close my eyes and brace myself for what I need to do. "I enjoyed our date. It was fun despite the terrible choice of entertainment. I can't wait for our next date." I whisper in his ear.

I wait for his reaction, hoping that I did this right otherwise I might have a big problem. "I love you. Whatever happens you need to know that I will always love you." I tell just in case I failed at this reversing memory thing.

"Why does it sound like you are saying goodbye?" His tone is half serious but also playful. This is so my Sky. "Is this about the movie?"

I start to laugh, mostly in relief that I managed to change the direction of his thoughts. Wow, I can't believe it worked, I should hang out with Cassandra more often. "No I just want you to know that I love you."

"I love you too and that's saying a lot considering what a nightmare you are." He teases me even though he doesn't know how close to the truth he is and hopefully he never does. "Come on let's get you home. I don't want your dad to have an excuse to kill me."

"Like I would ever let anyone kill you." He doesn't know just how true these words are and that's okay, as long as he's safe and with me nothing else matters.

I wrap my arms around his waist and he protectively hooks his arm around my neck and together we walk back to the penthouse. We don't talk much during the walk but I try not to let it get to him. He's probably tired, I know I am. What a day I have had and I just want to forget it, well some parts. Despite all the bad things that happened today, it wasn't all bad. I got to see Sky twice today and we had sex for the second which was great. We went on our first today and even though we ended up in a fight, I would say it was perfect.

Sky kisses me goodbye in the penthouse garage. I want him to come up with me but he insists he needs to get home and considering what I put him through today I don't argue. He may not know it but he almost died because of me today and I know that if he knew  he would run as far as possible away from me and that can't happen.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

Ethereal Lauren Sophie által

Ifjúsági irodalom

104K 4.5K 39
(Previously called Wings) "From the moment I saw him, I knew that he was not from this world. He was something more, something that I couldn't quite...
739 18 14
This is personal story about Faye and herlife and Ross is just added for affect , but it helps this story turn out. it will be rated R and have lots...
544K 28.9K 50
There is a darkness that lurks inside of me. The evil that runs through my veins is a constant reminder of the ruthless killer I once was. But someh...
140 18 21
In a mysterious world, a demon god felt really confused about who he was. He desperately wanted to find answers about himself, but everything seemed...