Pushing The Limits

By shamazey_

"One finds limits by pushing them." Onika Maraj is a valorous and soft-hearted mother with a great head on h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Homecoming
Chapter 2: False Greetings
Chapter 3: Laundry Day
Chapter 5: Close Call
Chapter 6: Something Special
Chapter 7: Hood Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 8: Playing Games
Chapter 9: Just Might
Chapter 10: Something Real
Chapter 11: Worst Behavior
Chapter 12: One Way Street
Chapter 13: Date Night
Chapter 14: It Was a Good Day
Chapter 15: What You Know Bout Love
Chapter 16: Family Business
Chapter 17: Can You Blame Me
Chapter 18: That's The Way Love Goes
Chapter 19: It Will Rain
Chapter 20: Talking To The Moon
Chapter 21: Wicked Games
Chapter 22: Home Not Sweet Home
Chapter 23: Jingle Bell Rock
Chapter 24: Miami
Chapter 25: Upside-Down
Chapter 26: How You Gonna Act Like That?
Chapter 27: Get It Together
Chapter 28 : Up In Flames
Chapter 29: Girlfight
Chapter 30: No More Drama
Chapter 31: Golden
Chapter 32: You Oughta Know
Chapter 33: Hate That I Love You
Chapter 34: Mo Money Mo Problems
Chapter 35: Throw It Away
Chapter 36: How Do I Breathe
Chapter 37: Hate Our Love
Chapter 38: Endless Love
Chapter 39: Broken Clocks
Chapter 40: Harm Set Harm Get
Chapter 41: Shake The Room
Chapter 42: Wind Of Change
Chapter 43: Armed And Dangerous I
Chapter 44: Armed And Dangerous II
Chapter 45: Armed And Dangerous III
Chapter 46: Armed And Dangerous IV
Chapter 47: Life Is Good
Chapter 48: Down Low
Chapter 49: A Woman's Work
Chapter 50: Not A Day Goes By
Chapter 51: Put That Woman First
Chapter 52: Keep Your Head Up
Chapter 53: Patiently Waiting
Chapter 54: You and I
Chapter 55: Aloha
Chapter 56: Maybe I Deserve
Chapter 57: No One
Chapter 58: Love In The Dark
Chapter 59: Let's Stay Together
Chapter 60: Happily Ever After
Chapter 61: A Call From The Past
Chapter 62: Tangled Up In Blue
Chapter 63: Unbroken Barriers
Chapter 64: Thick of It
Chapter 65: Take The Blame
Chapter 66: Be Without You

Chapter 4: Queen Is The Name

3.9K 222 240
By shamazey_

"Queen" Knowles.
28 Aug 2017
6:29am

The lazy wind pushed the tall trees against my window, making an etching sound that startled my deep slumber. My eyes slowly fluttered open then closed for a second or two before I regained my vision, reading the room, and saw three naked women on the couch. sound asleep.

I went to rub my eyes but was unable to, coming to a sudden realization that my arms were occupied by two shorties from last night.

One had her bare legs wrapped around my waist while the other was snuggling against my side.

"What a night." I groaned, removing my arms from behind their heads and head toward the bathroom to do my daily routine.

I also pick up all the used condoms from the floor and grab me something to wear for the time being.

After I took my morning piss, I brushed my teeth then stepped inside of the shower, allowing the lukewarm water to beat on my head and body. I bathed my skin with care, gently brushing over the scratches that covered my back and sides.

Rough nights.

Once I was done showering, I slid on my black Tommy Hilfiger's sports bra, briefs and socks, and returned to the master bedroom.

Sindy, one of my maids, was waiting for me with a clipboard in hand. She examined the sleeping beauties before our eyes met.

"Long night?" She smirked.

"You have no idea." I chuckled and entered my walk-in closet.

"Do you still need their services?"

I shook my head. "Nope. That'll be all."

"Splendid." She chirped. "Alright! Ladies you have completed Ms. Knowles experience, please grab all of your things and a driver is waiting outside to take you to your desired destination. Thank you."

There were light groans and footsteps before the room fell in silence.

I slipped on a ripped givenchy tee shirt, black fitted jeans and made sure my sneakers matched the color of my shirt. I then threw on my gold bracelet and necklace and made my way downstairs.

"Goodmorning Ms. Knowles, I made you pancakes and-"

"Not hungry." I interrupted my chef, grabbing me a smoothie from the refrigerator and took a seat on one of the sofas in the living room.

The television played in the background while I scanned through my text messages, still somewhat listening to the crazy anchors on the screen.

There was a lot that went on for the past weeks so I was making sure that none of my soldiers got booked or worse.

: 411 on shortie?

I replied to some other business meetings and marketing schemes then averted my full attention span on the news channel. They were discussing many shootouts and arrests in our area but nonetheless, my people were out of that equation and still remained untouched.

I flipped through the channels before settling on some cartoon show.

My eyes slowly began to close in only a matter of seconds and I drifted into a deep slumber.

One click and my eyes were opened. I read the room and didn't notice anyone or anything different so I went back to sleep for a few minutes. Then I felt something soft brushing against my cheek and quickly rose to my feet but still didn't see anybody.

"Bruh, what the fuck." I sat back down, pondering and shaking my head.

"Ay, sista, you gonna eat your cornbread?" Someone whispered into my ear and I double quick to slap the shit person behind me but missed.

Chris and Dave removed themselves from behind the couches as I madly rose to my feet.

They were laughing their asses off, jumping up and down while pointing at me.

I ran my fingers through my hair, glaring at them, ready to dislocate their big heads from their shoulders.

I sucked my teeth. "Y'all play too much."

"YaLl PlAy ToO mUcH!" They mocked me.

"Yeah aight alvin and the chipmunks, keep playing pussy and watch y'all get fucked." I retorted and sat down on one of the sofa chairs, grabbing my phone from the coffee table.

"Whatever fruitcake, had your ass shook."

"Nah, your breath was just kicking." I said, going through my text messages. "Almost gave me an ear infection."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Chris secretly blowing his breath into his hand, arm, and sniffing the air afterwards.

Dave and I chuckled while he reached for the remote and game controller.

Cable guy📺: She just dropped her kids off boss. On her way to work now.

Cable guy: Need anything else boss? (8:01am)

: No. That'll be all

Ever since shortie tried that stunt at the projectz, people were destined to tag her ass for disrespecting me and for some reason, I wouldn't allow that to happen. On any other given day, I was all for clipping bitches but this one intrigued me in some sort.

Sometimes I found it strange for me to be looking out for a woman that I barely had any real interaction with besides the laundromat and apartment situation. For what it's worth, she seems like a cool, nonchalant chick to me.

Very weird.

"What got you hold up youngin?"

"Yo mama." I replied smartly. "Me oh my, she got a fine ass."

Chris paused the game for a second and glared at me."Watch it my nigga."

I'd shrugged my shoulders. "I'm just saying."

He grew quiet and continued playing a football game. Unbeknownst to the group was I did fuck his mom. A couple of times. Had her missing church and sundays' dinners just to come meet me and get her back blown out. Worshipping my dick instead of God.

Did I feel bad? Hell no. The youngin' fucked and impregnated my ex-girlfriend so I retaliated and decided to fuck his mother all the way until three days before her wedding. As for their baby, the bitch had a miscarriage and sudden disappeared. Tragic.

"What happened to you and that startender, um- Carol .. Cynthia? Yeah, her."

I rubbed my hands together like birdman. smirking. "She's into ménage à trois. Plural."

"That's my guy." Dave laughed, reaching over to dap me up.

"You talking about those big booty bitches from the club-" Chris glanced at me before shaking his head in disapproval. "How come you didn't invite me? Got their phone numbers? Addresses?"

I grabbed my smoothie and took a sip. "Not available."

"Touchdown baby!" Chris cheered, nudging Dave's shoulder and continued playing the game. "and my good youngin, hook a brotha up with those bitches."

"Hell Nah! The last time I tried to hook your ass up, the stupid bitch ended up in the sewer by your crazy ass babymama. I'm good g." I laughed and drank some more smoothie.

"Pssh." Chris kissed his teeth. "Ain't nobody scared of Rih ass. Quit being pussy."

"Was this before or after she tried to burn your house down with your ass in it?" Dave questioned him.

He squinted his eyes at us then flipped the script. "You heard what happened to Craig?"

I chuckled and bobbed my head. "Nah, fill me in the loop."

"Word on the streets is he got clapped by-"

The front door swung open and Shawn, Kanye walked inside the place with fast food bags and small luggage in their hands. Kanye gave me a head nod and joined the boys on the couch while Shawn ushered me into the kitchen.

"You brought food?"

"Yeah, dumb and dumber were bugging a motherfucka."

"We love you too ma guy." Dave and Chris said in unison.

Shawn removed chinese takeout from the bags and got some dro out of his backpack.

"My guy." I grinned, opening the weed jars and smelling it. "Yeah, this some fire shit."

Shawn grabbed the jars from me. "We need to talk."

"Wassup." I took a seat at the island.

"Juice got out of the pin and was singing like a bird."

"He gave them niggas a tip about the cargo shipment and we got hit. Six of our guys died yesterday."

"How much are we talking?" I gritted.

"About forty kilos."

"Forty? Forty fucking kilos!" I semi-yelled and slammed my fists against the table.

"Come down-"

"I want that nigga head in the pavement."

The drug business was a dirty game. I was aware of that. but to be snake by one of my men was something I would not go for.

This wasn't no cheap change, I was moving weight in big quantities. cars. trains. buses. planes.underground tunnels.

Nothing was off limits.

"I want a 411 on that nigga now."

"I'm already on it youngin." Shawn replied. "The nigga went off the grid but we gone find him. Believe that. We even got word on his peoples. One wife. Three children. His uncle and oldest child, Rodney, be hanging around that broke down barber shop on fifth street."

I nodded my head. "Round up the guys and meet me outside."

"You serious? The youngin barely eighteen years-"

I cut my eyes at him and Shawn threw his hands up.

"Five minutes." I said, heading upstairs to grab my gun and manchete.

-.-

We all hopped out of Mercedes SUV and scoped out the place.

The streets weren't full of crowds today which played in our favor. I came here for one thing. Information.

"Chris. Dave. Y'all take the back in case these pussies try to run."

They gave a stiff nod and crept toward the back alley. I pulled out my gun and loaded the chamber.

"Kenneth watch the front and Me, Jay, Kanye, head inside to clear this bitch out. Ain't sparing nobody unless I get what's owe." I said and sauntered into the barber shop with my crew behind me.

There were four people inside the shop. one barber. one customer. rodney. his uncle.

Just like on any other given day, eyes were on me but nobody dared to speak their peace especially the main niggas that were my target.

Rodney's back was facing me while he swung in the chair, examining his new haircut in the mirror.

Calvin, his uncle, cheering him on, up until he saw my face. He rushed hotfoot to the back but not fast enough to dodge the bullet spiraling through his skull.

Calvin fell to his knees and Rod tried to make a run for it before I stopped him.

"Don't your bitch ass move."

Rodney slowly turned around with his hands in the air, terror overtook his face. "L-look man I-I don't got no money okay? I'm just a boy scout."

"Do you know I am?"

He shook his head viciously. "No. No. I-I'm a good kid."

"So? I didn't ask." I responded, moving closer to him.

"I don't need any money. cars. clothes. Your good ole father has made many enemies in this town and one of them is myself. Now, I'm a fair woman so we're going to play a little game. AIGHT?! I'm going to ask a question and if you choose to answer correctly then you're free to go."

"Okay, O-Okay, I-I understand."

"Good." I smirk, applauding his answer. "Where's your father?"

Sadness clouded his features. I waited impatiently for an answer or response but his mind seemed to be elsewhere, paying more attention to what stood behind me.

My eyes travelled over my shoulders and spotted Kanye holding a female customer hostage.

"Kill her." I ordered and gunshots went off followed by a scream.

Rodney then tried to throw a punch, I dodged his fists and came up with my own.

He staggered backwards and I quickly fetched for my manchete and sliced his stomach. Blood went everywhere as he dropped to the ground.

"Where's your father Rodney? I'm done playing." I repeated, hovering over him.

"I-I don't know." He said breathlessly, rolling over on his side.

"Wrong answer." I jibed, stabbing him. over and over again until his flesh was tearing into streads.

He screamed in horror, pleading for me to stop but that only prompted my head up to do more.

Rodney struggled to keep his eyes open but died mercilessly. Welp! I stretched out and looked around. What a fucking scene! Three dead bodies.

Messy place.

"Shawn call Charlton to come clean this mess and empty out the cash registers and tear this dump down." I instructed him.

"What about him?" Kanye pointed at the barber, who was hiding behind a chair.

"Oh, yeah him." I chortled, pulling out my gun and fired four shots to his body. "Problem solved."

We waited for Charlton and his 'cleaning crew' to arrive before exiting off the premises. I also made sure that my men grabbed any tapes or footage of us entering and leaving the shop.

-.-

6:03pm

'I still think the Cavs might take it this year."

"Cavs? Nigga you bugging. My boy Curry and Thompson gone run circles around Lebron."

"Nigga never, ya'll just some .."

I tuned them niggas out while sitting ontop of my car hood. We were waiting on Shawn to come out of the local liquor store. The guys wanted to get wasted but my mind was still focused on money I just lost and had to double up soon.

Cameron: We can bust their hefty shipments on friday boss.

Cameron: Not close to the numbers we were pulling but still some hundred- thousands.

: I'll put Dave on it.

: I need to make a big drop so round up some more soldiers.

Hot n' ready🍕💦: When you scooping me daddy?

Hot n' ready🍕💦: I miss that dick inside of me

: Catch an uber.

I locked my phone and right when I looked up for fresh air, my eyes landed on shortie, walking across the street, with her old regular bookbag in her arms.

There were niggas ahead of her, lusting after her, one was even bold enough to grab her by the arms. Forcefully.

"Ay, Chris grab my gun for me."

"For what?"

I kissed my teeth. "Just do it. Hurry up."

Seconds later he put the glock in my hands and I quickly jogged across the street where the incident was taking place.

These niggas were trying to pull a fast one and I wasn't going for it atleast not when it came to dealing with shortie.

"Come on bitch, quit being stingy and let a nigga bust up in-"

"Let her go before I empty a whole clip on y'all busta asses."I fumed, gripping my trigger.

'My bad, My bad." They all back off and started moving out the way as shortie walked through.

Onika stared at me with an unreadable expression as we made our way down the street. We didn't speak for the first five minutes until she finally decided to open her mouth when we crossed a street at the light.

"You didn't have to do that."

"It ain't no thang." I smiled widely, playfully nudging her arm.

"Look, I do want to apologize about that incident, I really was just defending my son-"

"Don't worry about that. I've been got over that stunt shortie."

"Oh." She replied softly, hugging herself. "Since I moved here there's been nothing but trouble."

"Hm. Beautiful girls always cause traffic." I bantered, nudging her arm a bit. "Some bustas around here just can't accept the word no so it's expected. Not cool though."

"You can say that again." She softly chuckled. "Thank you ... for saving me."

"Don't mention it shortie." I said as we came to an abrupt stop in front of a local market.

"Welp! This is my stop. Thanks for the escorting service." She playfully saluted me.

"Anytime madam." I bowed tipping my imaginary hat.

We stared at each other before bursting into laughter. I playfully slapped her arm as my eyes studied her features for what felt like a long time.

Shortie was so beautiful and her smile was something to die for. People would probably make a mockery of us being weirdly friends- I gotta stop...

"I guess I'll catch you around-"

"There you are!" A bugs bunny looking motherfucca came out of the woodwork and pulled her closer to him. "Girl! You was suppose to be here .."

They marched their way up the parking lot, chatting amongst themselves. Onika managed to wave at me before entering the store. I shook my head and began jogging toward my crew.

Although I was still quite confused on my attraction toward shortie, I was all for this situationship. Weird. There was just something different about her.

Just had to be.

-•-

How's everyone lovely Tuesday going so far? Looks like someone *cough* keeping tabs on their prize procession 🙃 Do y'all think there is underline attraction between them? Or just maybe cordial buddies? 🤔🙃 .. Gear up for this bumpy🛣 road .. #StayTuned.

Thoughts?

Predictions?

Vote and comment plz
Excuse any errors~ Bre❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 2.4K 11
And we ain't too high To see eye to eye Know you feel the rush From a simple touch, baby Roll some mo - Beyoncé is running far away from something un...
188K 8.7K 33
It's a mafia BeyNika story, I don't have a description just yet so give it time. This story has g!p _________________ (COMPLETED/will be EDITING SHOR...
64.2K 3.6K 24
Onika has a lifestyle that her friends don't necessarily understand. Everyday is like a battle trying to fit in and make stronger relationships with...
13.5K 820 21
Onika Tanya Maraj was abused physically, emotionally, and mentally by her parents. At the age of 17 she had enough and decided to run away. Walking d...