The Dragon Cub| Game Of Thron...

By Ikonic_Fantast

Jaime realises Jon's true idenity when visiting Winterfell, remembering a promised made to Rhaegar, Jaime and... More

CHAPTER - 1
THE WHITE LION AND THE SNOW PRINCE
A FUTURE REVEALED
WELCOME TO THE ROCK
AN IMP, A LION AND A BASTARD
THE WORLD TURNS AND THE GAMES CONTINUE
JOURNEYS AND PREPARATIONS
ARRIVALS, MEETINGS AND NIGHT TIME ENCOUNTER
THE MELEE
THE JOUST
THE DUELS
REACTIONS
FAREWELLS AND GOODBYES
POISON IS A WOMEN'S WEAPON
A LION'S BITE IS WORSE THAN HIS ROAR
WOLVES, LIONS AND WALRUSES OH MY
FUNTIME IN THE OLD TOWN TONIGHT
A YEAR IS A LONG TIME IN WESTEROS
GOLD ALWAYS BELIEVING IN GOLD
FRIENDS AND FAMILY
THE PATH FORWARD
LET THE GREAT GAME BEGIN
A DAY IN KINGS LANDING
A KNIGHT IN KINGS LANDING
A DRAGON IN WOLFS CLOTHING
FAMILY
HONOUR
DUTY
OCEANS OF TIME
MERMEN AND MERMAIDS
TRUTH, SECRETS AND LIES
REALIZATION
ONCE MORE AROUND THE WORLD
THE MOURNING SWORD AND THE FALLEN STAR
ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL
BROTHERS IN ARMS
A LIFETIME AGO
BEEN AROUND THE WORLD
THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS
WINTERFELL
HOME TRUTHS
BROTHERS AND SISTERS, MOTHERS AND SONS
WOLVES HOWL, CATS MEOW
THE NORTH REMEMBERS
THE WEDDING
THE BOARD IS SET
TIME TO SAY GOODBYE
WEASELS AND BUMPS IN THE NIGHTS
AS THE SUN RISES IN THE WEST
A BROTHERS JUSTICE
KINGS AND QUEENS
ITS A FINE DAY FOR A WHITE WEDDING
MAD, BAD, CRAZY AND LOYAL
THE VIPER AND THE DRAGON
THE VIPER AND THE MOUNTAIN
FAMILY AND FRIENDS OR FRIENDS ARE FAMILY
A DRAGON'S FIRE
ITS BEAUTIFUL BENEATH THE SEA
A DRAGON'S RAGE
MAESTER'S FALL AND DRAGONS RISE
OH DOWN TO THE RIVER WE DID RIDE
THE WORLD AND EVERYONE IN IT
DIRTY OLDTOWN, ITS A DIRTY OLDTOWN
SLEEPING WITH THE FISHES
WHISPERS, SECRETS AND TRUTHS
GO EAST AND PROSPER
THE DRAGON MUST HAVE THREE HEADS
LIONS ROAD, DRAGONS BURN, WOLVES STALKS
MAESTER"S AND SERVANTS
SECRET GARDEN SHE HIDES
GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN
THE TRUTH HURTS
DESTINATION MORE IMPORTANT THAN JOURNEY
THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG
SET ASIDE
THE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE
THE HEART IS A BLOOM
THE RIGHT AND WRONG SIDE OF THE SHEETS
WOLF'S BITE
THE WOLF'S CHAMPION
THE WHIMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS
THE QUEEN OF LOVE AND BEAUTY
WE LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY
GOOD QUEEN ALYSANNE
EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD
MY DRAGON LOVES ME, SHE LOVES ME NOT
COME FLY WITH ME
A WEEK, FOURTEEN MEN AND A LOT OF RAVENS
THE MUMMERS DRAGON
JENNY'S SONG
MAD WORLD, MAD WORLD
A KING IS BORN
A DRAGON IS NOT A SLAVE
AN APPLE FROM A DIFFERENT BRANCH
A DRAGON FALLS
MEN PLAN AND A WANNBE GOD LAUGHS
THE BEST LAID PLANS OF MICE AND MEN
WORRIES AND DOUBTS
LOST IN TIME, LIKE TEARS IN RAIN
THE LAST JOURNEY
THE BLOOD OF THE DRAGON
I AM OF THE NIGHT
TO JOUST OR NOT TO JOUST, IS THE QUESTION
MY QUEEN ALWAYS
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
THREE MOONS PART ONE
THREE MOONS PART TWO
THE RISE OF THE DRAGON
THE DRAGON FLIES
THE DRAGON IS REVEALED
THE DRAGON'S HOME
THE WORLD IS FULL OF SECRETS AND TRUTHS
THE DRAGON PLANS
THE DRAGON AWAITS
THE KRAKEN AND THE BLACK DRAGON
BENEATH THE GOLD, THE BITTER STEEL
THE FALCON AND THE WOLF
A DRAGON RAGES

A ROSE, A DRAGON AND ARROWS OF FORTUNE

5.4K 126 20
By Ikonic_Fantast

Jon swung his sword against the training dummy, around him boys were practising their moves and showing off their skills but Jon was simply building his endurance, using the heavier sword against the dummy as Jaime told him. His father had always said the reason he didn't appear in tourneys was so an opponent wouldn't know what to expect, Jon took that advice to heart, but since he would be fighting he instead underplayed his skills and didn't show off like the other boys were doing.

He looked around the field at his potential competition there were some that stuck out immediately, the young Tyrell boy he'd met the day before, Loras, seemed quite skilled although Jon thought him a little extravagant in his moves. Lancel while being an idiot looked much better than he had expected, there was the two Royce boys Robar and Waymar, both skilled though the older one also had size on his side.

Jon finished up and walked past the Stormland squires, none really stuck out thought there was no shortage of bravado coming from them, the Westerland squires were just as loud though some of these did at least have the talent to back it up, the Riverlanders didn't interest him, sure they would provide competition but Jon preferred to keep away from them, suffering their liege's daughter was enough.

"Ah Snow, care for a spar." the jovial voice said pulling Jon from his thoughts.

"I'm afraid I must decline Lord Loras, I have somewhere I need to be."

"Perhaps we'll be drawn together then?"

"Well then I'll wish you good fortune now shall I?"

"Ah, that's the spirit, you too Jon, best of luck, perhaps we'll stay apart until facing each other in the final." Loras laughed and turned to practice with his brother.

Jon had to smile, never bet against a confident man was something he heard people say, but being too confident was as much a problem as not being confident enough. He walked over and placed his sword back among the others and made his way to where his guards were waiting. It was strange to Jon to find himself accompanied by guards, but it was something Jaime insisted on when he was outside the castle, Jon didn't mind though his guards Alyrs and Jors were Hills, bastards just like him and they built up an instant camaraderie.

"Finished for the day Jon?" the taller Alyrs asked, his physique was impressive but it was the shorter Jors who Jon thought the more skilled of the two, he'd watched them spar and while Alyrs was no slouch Jors was much better.

"Aye, Alyrs you two eaten yet?"

"No Jon, it's fine though we're not hungry," Jors replied.

"Well I am and it's my treat, come on I'm sure an ale and some food would go down well."

The two men smiled and all three of them made their way to the small tavern Jon preferred, the food was always delicious and the patrons had gotten used to Jon and had stopped making a fuss over Lord Jaime's squire.

Jaime sat at his desk waiting for Tyrion and Gerion to arrive, Jon Arryn had asked for a meeting and he knew it was about funding the crown, something he no longer wished to do. His father had used their money to increase his influence at court, something to hold over the head of the stag and the fat king had taken the money like a pig takes swill. His sister wasn't much better, the woman had never been refused anything by her father and she took the same approach now, luxury items imported at great cost and damn the expense.

"Brother," Tyrion said as he entered Gerion following behind.

"Tyrion, Uncle, sit down, there is much we must discuss."

"I intend to cut our contribution to the crown," he said noticing the shock on both their faces.

"They already owe us nearly a million gold dragons, father was funding the crown at the rate of almost 250.000 a year not to mention the nearly 100.000 Cersei spent from the fund's father gave her, this needs to stop."

"I agree brother but it'll cause problems both with our sister and the crown."

"Damn our sister and damn the crown, I'm the lord of the Westerlands, not King's Landing, we need to spend our money on projects here, the gold won't last forever, we must do something now before it's too late."

"You do realize who'll fill the gap brother?

"Let Tyrell's waste their coin on the fat kings whimsy's they won't do it for long and when they realize that it's a Stark he wants as his son's bride they'll cut their funding pretty fast." his uncle said a large smile on his face.

"So brother what projects did you have in mind?

"Castermere," Jaime said shocking them both, the mines were flooded but Jon had found a solution thanks to Tyrion's encouragement to read.

"But how?."

"Jon found it in one of those books you pointed him to, he called it a wind wheel, I'm not sure of the exact details but Maester Creylen assured me it could work, he has the drawings in his rooms if you want to take a look."

Tyrion sat there dumbfounded if they could remove the water from Castermere their mines would almost double overnight, this was huge, to think a seven name day old boy had possibly found the solution that his father could not, he laughed so loudly the others must have thought he had gone crazy.

"Are you okay, Tyrion?" his brother asked.

"What, yes I'm fine, I was just thinking how father would have reacted to Jon."

"Speaking of Jon, I want you to attend a meeting with him later."

"Oh, and who are we meeting?"

"Ser Wylis Manderly, I want you to set up a trading agreement with the north, well with the Manderly's at least, nothing huge just a foot in the door."

"And you want me to bring Jon because he's his liege lord's son."

"He also knows more about the north than either of us so he may see some opportunity we don't."

"Of course brother, I'll have it set for after the archery."

"Good, we'd better make our way to Lannisport, Jon's already there, are you bringing Joy, uncle?"

"Aye, Jon wants to show her around the horses and some of the stalls, today is the best day I don't want her there when the melee or jousting starts."

"What about the duelling?"

"Like I could let her miss her babysitter's duels."

Daven Lannister was not feeling well, his drunken encounter had created a whole set of problems, problems that could end with him losing his head, the fact that he'd slept with his cousin was bad enough but that she was the queen was downright treasonous. What made it worse was it had happened another two times since, Daven never considered himself a weak man, sure he was cocky and arrogant like most youths, but he thought he was stronger willed, but just thinking of his cousin's naked body and the noises she made as they fucked was enough to make him hard and undo his resolve to never do it again.

"Are you okay brother?" his sister Cerenna asked.

"I'm fine is, just thinking about the tourney."

"You competing in the joust and melee or just one of them?"

"No, I'll be in both, the prizes are way too good not to."

His sister nodded along, 50,000 gold dragons to the winner of the joust, 25,000 to the runner up, 25.000 to the winner of the melee and 10.000 to the runner up along with 10.000 for the archery and then there was that squire's tournament that had everyone excited, young boys, competing with 1.000 gold dragon prize, it was unheard of.

"What do you think about the squire's competition?

"I thought it odd ad first sis, but then I heard how Jaime explained it to the king, these boys are the future, I'd have killed for the opportunity back when I was squiring, so I get it and I'm looking forward to seeing it?

"Any favourites?"

"Hmm, Ser Addam's squire and Ser Lyle's are both impressive young men, the young Tyrell is talented and the elder Royce is a dark horse."

"What about Lord Jaime's page?"

"Jon Snow?"

"Yeah surely if he's trained by Lord Jaime he'd be among the favourites?"

He looked at his sister and shook his head, he'd watched the young man train and he showed very little talent, just swung away with what little strength he had, it had surprised him as he like his sister had expected more.

"No sis, he'll be lucky to make it past the first round."

Jon walked with Joy towards the large stabling area, the little girl mumbling excitedly about horsey's all the way making Jon walk with a contented smile on his face, his two guards behind him just shook their heads as he swung her hand while he held it making the girl giggle. Gerion and Tyrion had found him not long after he'd eaten and he was delighted to see Joy with them, he'd promised her he'd take her to see the horses and the hug she'd given him had brought a tear to his eye.

"Horsey's Yon." she pointed at the stables.

"Yes Joy, come let's go see them."

"Yay, horsey's I come." she squealed.

The two guards just followed on trying not to laugh, as they reached the stables themselves Jon had to hold her hand even tighter as the excitement got to her, he lifted her up worried that if he didn't she'd run off and get hurt.

"Wanna pet the horsey Joy?"

She nodded excitedly as he moved towards the small pony he'd picked out for her to pet, he held her tightly as her little hand brushed the horses back and moved her closer to the horse's head. Nodding to Alyrs he signalled to the bag he'd given the man earlier and watched as he took a small apple out of it and handed it to him.

"Here Joy, let's feed the horsey/"

"Here horsey, din-din time." she laughed as the horse took the offered apple from Jon's hand.

"My turn Yon. My feed horsey."

He looked to Alyrs as the man took another small apple from the bag and handed it to him, carefully he placed it in Joy's small hand and held her hand in his as he brought it to the horse's mouth, as the horse took the apple the girl gave an excited squeal making Jon and the guards all laugh before Jon heard a girlish giggle from behind him.

He turned to see Margaery Tyrell looking on her face lit up in a beaming smile as she watched Jon and Joy feed the pony.

"Lady Margaery, I'm sorry I didn't know you were here."

"That's quite all right Lord Snow, I was just passing."

"No, not sowww, Yon." Joy exclaimed at the rose of Highgarden.

"Oh, I'm sorry little miss, Yon it is then," Margaery said with a delightful giggle.

"Yon," the little girl said definitively.

"And who is this precious little angel?" Margaery asked.

"Lady Margaery, allow me the pleasure to introduce Lady Joy." Jon decided to play at formality noticing that Margaery grinned even more now.

"Yoy."

"Ah, Yon it seems you misspoke, it seems the lady's name is Yoy." Margaery laughed at the exchange.

"Aye, Yoy it is isn't it little princess."

The little girl just nodded and hugged him tighter and Margaery couldn't help but smile at the sight, the boy seemed so at ease with the little girl that it reminded her of how Garlan and Willas used to be as she was growing up.

Tyrion waited outside the large tavern where most of the Vale, Riverlanders and the few Northmen had made their base for drinking and eating at the tourney, Jon was late which was unlike him and he considered sending one of his guards to find the boy before he saw him and his two guards come jogging towards him.

"Been busy Jon?"

"Sorry Tyrion, petting horses takes a lot of time especially when an excited young girl doesn't want to leave," Jon said his voice breathless from the hurrying he'd done to get here.

"No worries, my cousin enjoyed herself than did she?" Tyrion smiled at the two guards who nodded enthusiastically.

"Very much so."

They made their way inside and took note of who was sitting with whom, the Vale lords sat together while the Riverlanders sat just beside them, the few Northern Lords though sat apart from them all in a small tight group at the back of the tavern, Tyrion could see Ser Wylis's large frame as the man ate with great abandon, he may not have ever met the man but Jon's description of his walrus-like father singled him out immediately. Beside him sat a gruff northerner his balding scalp a sharp contrast to his large black beard, his tunic was green and displayed a large black bear, a Mormont then, he thanked the gods for Jon's insight.

Nodding to Jon and pointing over to the table they headed towards the northern men, Tyrion walking behind Jon and letting the boy take the lead in the introductions, figuring the northerner's dislike of the south would be tempered by one of their own.

"Ser Wylis, Ser Jorah," Jon said to the two men.

"My lord?" Wylis questioned looking carefully at Tyrion and Jon before recognition broke out on his face.

"Jon Snow?"

"Aye, Ser it is."

"Sit down lad, move make room for young Snow and his friends." the large knight beamed at him before nudging his companions."

"May I introduce Lord Tyrion, Ser Wylis."

"Well met my lord, please take a seat, a friend of young Snow is more than welcome at my table.

Tyrion sat down noticing the grim look the bear knight gave him, the others looked him up and down before turning away and continuing their meal, at the end of the table a small man watched him intently, his dark green hooded robe covering the sigil on his chest, Tyrion looked back down at him and noticed the sigil more clearly, three black water lilies on a field of purple, he nudged Jon to show him where he was looking,

Jon just nodded at him before taking his seat beside him after calling a serving girl over and buying a round of drinks for the table, which resulted in an immediate thawing of the looks from the rest of the northerners and a deeper frown for the bear knight. Tyrion noticed that Ser Wylis looked on with a proud expression on his face, obviously approving of Jon's actions.

"So young Jon, how are you finding it here in the south?" Ser Wylis asked.

"Warm Ser, very warm," Jon replied getting a large laugh from the big man and most of the others.

"Aye, is that all right, doubt these southerners would do to well on a crisp northern morning."

More laughs from the table ensued as the northerners started to talk amongst themselves, Tyrion decided to continue to let Jon take the lead, far better to sit and watch for now he thought.

"Your Father is he well, Ser Wylis?"

"Aye, Jon he is, he'll be pleased you asked."

"Your father's a good man, Ser."

"That he is Jon, as is your own, I had thought he may join us?"

"Father doesn't like to leave the north unless it's vital."

"True that, not a man for tourneys is Lord Eddard, well the north is well represented with both myself and Ser Jorah competing in the lists and young Jayden in the archery." Ser Wylis adeptly changed the subject noticing Jon's face when his father's absence was brought up.

"Ser Jorah, your family is well I hope."

"Aye, that they are Snow." the man grumpily replied.

"So they treating you well up here Jon?" Wylis interjected looking suspiciously at Tyrion and the guards.

"Very well Sir, I've been more than fairly treated," Jon said his smile answering more clearly than his words.

The conversation flowed as much as the ale, the atmosphere between the northerners and Tyrion and the guards quickly dissipating even the bear knight seemed to lighten up although the small man Tyrion noticed earlier still seemed to be watching intently, Tyrion caught him from the corner of his eye wondering why he was so suspicious of him before he noticed it wasn't him he was looking at, it was Jon.

"Jon, the man at the end of the table, why does he look so intently?" Tyrion whispered as Jon looked at the man and smiled receiving one back.

"He's a crannogman, one of Lord Reed's bannerman, a Fenn I think giving the sigil, my father always said Lord Reed was his lealest man, so perhaps he's just being extra vigilant."

Tyrion nodded and after buying another round of drinks for the men he and Jon got up to take their leave, he watched as Jon passed a note to Ser Wylis, the fat knight quickly took it and put in in his pocket, they bid the men farewell and left the tavern.

The archery competition wasn't the most exciting thing Gerion had ever seen, something the king obviously agreed on given his drunken state, he looked to see Cersei staring daggers at Jaime and almost smiled, some things don't change he thought. Joy sat in his lap with Jon feeding her small pieces of mashed fruit surprisingly without making a mess.

He noticed that Jaime and Tyrion in conversation with Ser Addam and Lord Crakehall all but Tyrion keeping their eye on the archery, he himself would have left by now but he had gold on this, a lot of it and hoped Jon's tip had been right.

"Put everything you can on Jaygen Fenn." Jon had told him so he had, almost a hundred gold dragons and he was almost beginning to doubt it as the Mallister lad was very talented as was the young man from the Stormlands, but Jon had told him that the Fenn's were the very best archers in Westeros so he placed his bet.

The first targets were simple enough, pretty much everyone made it through and the field only whittled out two from the 64 who started. The second one was only slightly more difficult, 20 paces weren't that difficult even Gerion could hit the target from there and he was a mediocre archer at best. It wasn't until they reached 60 paces that things picked up.

"We now move onto 60 paces, with 22 archers remaining/" the herald announced to a few cheers.

"Joy look at the arrows." he heard Jon say.

"Allow's, Yon."

"Yes Joy arrows, they go whoosh."

"Whooooshhhhh." his daughter exclaimed forcing a laugh from him and some of the people close to him, he noticed the young Tyrell girl sitting with her brother's a few seats to their left, was laughing and paying attention more to Joy than the competition.

"6 Archers eliminated, we move to 70 paces." the herald's voice rang out.

He paid more attention now, sixteen left to go and the Fenn was still there, he watched as the man hit the target dead centre, the young Mallister squire doing the same, the Stormland's lad a Swann he thought also matched the shot but very few more did.

"10 archers eliminated, the final six will move on to 90 paces."

Gerion got excited now as did most of the crowd he looked to see almost everyone was paying attention to the competition now, Joy was finished eating and Jon had taken her onto his own lap bouncing the girl softly up and down much to her delight. Jaime and Addam were intently watching and even Tyrion's apathy was replaced with interest, had he bet to?, of course, he had Gerion laughed,

The first man missed as did the second, the third was the young Mallister squire a river who hit the target, the next man was a short stocky man from the reach a squire for the Hightower's he thought, he missed also before young Swann took his aim and hit the target followed by the Fenn who hit it perfectly.

"Ladies and Gentlemen we're down to the final 3, the distance is 100 paces." the heralds' voice shouted over the crowd.

"First up, Denys Rivers. Representing the Riverlands and Lord Mallister," the young man stepped up and hit the target but in the outer edge to a groan followed by applause.

"Now Balon Swann representing the Stormnlands and House Swann." he took his shot and finished closer than the Riverlands lad but still not close to the bull, again the crowd applauded.

"Lastly, representing the North and House Fell, Jayden Fenn."

He watched as the crannogman stepped to his spot, his breathing even and calm, unlike Gerion's own which was quick and shallow, the young man pulled back the string and let loose, Gerion watched the arrow fly in almost fevered anticipation.

"Whoooosh." his daughter said making him turn and laugh at her.

"It's a bull, dead centre, we have our winner, My Lords and Ladies I give you Jayden Fenn the winner of the Lannisport archery completion of 290 ac."

The crowd cheered loudly and Gerion's heart raced, he just looked at Jon who sat there with an annoying know it all grin on his face, he should never have thought him that he thought, he would have hugged the boy there and then but Joy was hogging him all to herself, instead he looked to see Tyrion wearing the same grin and wait was Jaime doing so as well, even Ser Addam and Lord Crakehall were grinning, had everyone bet on the archery, he just laughed out loud.

Cersei looked at her brother with fury in her eyes, he was sat there smiling and laughing with the men of the west while she was alone beside her drunken husband, she searched the crowd and saw her uncle sitting with the bastard, the boy holding her uncle's bastard daughter and laughing along with the girl, it made her sick. She noticed Joffery had a bored look on his face and looked to the bastard again, that was the difference she thought, breeding, her golden prince was how true-bred children behaved, not like the two bastards down there.

Finally, she saw Daven and her expression changed into something more friendly, she had been at her lowest when her idiot brother had rejected her had she not been then she would never have, not with Daven anyway, but she was glad she did, he was firm and muscular and with the right training was a pretty good fuck, she squeezed her thighs together as she felt the arousal stir inside her, the king would be drunk later, she smiled she would indulge herself fully tonight.

Margaery walked with Loras and Garlan and their guards around the town, the archery had been much more exciting than she had thought it would, although truthfully she had spent most of her time watching Jon Snow and Joy, the little girl was a treasure and how attentive and careful Jon was with her made her heart soar.

"Did you enjoy the archery sis?" Garlan asked.

"Yes Gar, it was more fun than I thought it would be, although the other events should be even more exciting, what say you Loras?."

"Loras is a little upset sis, seems he bet on the wrong man,"

"Who was the small fellow anyway, how the hell did he win?" Loras grumpily said before kicking a small stone.

"Someone said he was a crannogman," she heard Garlan say.

Loras just shrugged angrily causing her to smile, they walked contentedly along stopping at some of the stalls, not buying anything just passing the time, the melee would be on the morrow, so tonight there was a small dinner for just her family, her grandmother had wanted to dine with the king but after seeing him at the contest she had decided not to push it, the man was drunk far more than he was sober.

Margaery knew her grandmother and father wanted her to be queen, she wanted it too, but after seeing the bored disdainful look that seemed to be forever entwined on Joffery's face, the thoughts of him being her husband didn't fill her with any joy.

Jaime made his way to his solar, the meeting with Lord Arryn was nigh and he was ready for it, Tyrion and Gerion would be beside him, his uncle Kevan was entertaining the king, well making sure the man didn't fall down as drunk as he was and he had sent Jon to ensure that the king would have someone to talk to. He found the man enjoyed having Ned's boy around and while he preferred to keep him close to him, he felt it would be better if he had the meeting without him.

When he arrived he found Tyrion and Gerion already waiting, they entered the room and sat down, a serving girl came in and placed a tray with wine and some glasses on the table, he dismissed her and Tyrion poured the wine giving all of them a glass.

"So how well did you do?" his uncle asked.

"300, Jaime made 400, and you?"

"1,000." his uncle replied making them gasp.

"You made 1,000 gold dragons on the archery, how much did you bet uncle?" Tyrion's voice carried an air of unbelievability in it.

"I put 100 gold dragons on the man, Jon was certain he'd win and he was right." his uncle proudly said.

"You think he made any coin himself?" Jaime asked.

"Undoubtedly, although the boy doesn't spend anything on himself anyway." Gerion replied.

Jaime just shook his head, he gave Jon an allowance a generous one, they had argued about it before he told him that he represented the Lord of the West it was to be expected, Jon had finally accepted it, combined with the money his father sent and the fact that they paid for all his clothes and equipment it left Jon with some nice pocket money. But try as they might they couldn't get him to buy himself anything. Instead, he spent it on his guards, bought presents for Joy, he even got him, Tyrion and Gerion presents, it'd frustrate the hell out of him except for it just reminded him he was his father's son.

The knock on the door broke his train of thought, he bid them enter and Lord Arryn walked in, the old lord looked well-rested and not as tired as he had been when he arrived and a part of Jaime felt guilty that what he would say may disrupt that peace.

"My Lord hand, to what do I owe the pleasure," he asked as the man sat down.

"I wished to discuss the finances of the realm my Lord." Jon Arryn said before greeting both Tyrion and Gerion.

"Of course my lord and how can I help you."

"Well Lord Jaime, as you know your father lent the crown a substantial amount of money, it seems though we may need to not only extend the time frame for paying it back but are in need of another loan also." Lord Arryn's bluntness pleased Jaime.

"Indeed my lord, on the extension I see no problem with that, however on the further loan there is some difficulty I'm afraid."

"Difficulty my lord?"

"Well, I'll be blunt Lord Arryn if I may?"

"Of course Lord Jaime."

"I am not my father my lord, while he was content to waste our money I am, not when there are essential projects that need funding here in the west."

"Essential projects Lord Jaime, what projects are those."

"Lannisport suffered great damage during the Iron Born attack my lord, as did the Lannister fleet, both of these need to be seen to, which requires money, I cannot loan the crown and repair the fleet and I need must do what's best for my people my Lord.

"Of course once we've fulfilled those needs, we would be willing to accommodate when able," Tyrion said in a much more conciliatory tone after seeing the frown that Lord Arryn was wearing.

"Very well then, I understand, although you leave me in a difficult position lord Jaime."

"I'm afraid it can't be helped Lord Arryn, as I said I needs must fix my own problems first, Tyrion will accompany you and explain the terms regarding the outstanding debts, I'm sure you'll find them agreeable."

"Very well, Lord Jaime, Lord Gerion, shall we then Lord Tyrion."

"Of course my lord." his brother said as the two men made their leave.

Jaime waited until they were both out of the room, nodding to Gerion his uncle got up and made sure they were gone before closing the door, Jaime swallowed down the wine in his glass and filled it once more as his uncle sat down and took a drink from his own.

"Very well played nephew, very well played."

Jon broke his fast early he was excited for the day, the melee was something he looked forward to more so than the archery, although he had made some coin for himself and his friends, his two guards had taken his advice and walked away with almost six moons pay because of it earning him wry smiles when he greeted them this morning.

Last night had been odd for Jon, Jaime had a meeting with the hand along with Tyrion and Gerion and Jon had assumed he'd be required but instead he'd been asked to spend time with the king and his family. Both the queen and the prince had ignored him and while the king was drunk and was, as usual, groping serving girls all night he had taken the time to speak with Jon whenever he could.

"So Snow, looking forward to the melee? The king had asked.

"Aye, your grace although truth be told I'm eager for the squire's tourney to begin also."

"Ah that's it, good lad, nothing gets the blood boiling more than fighting I'll tell you, why the happiest times of my life were spent in battle fighting beside your father, my true brother." the king wistfully said before grabbing the serving girl and nuzzling her chest forcing Jon to look away

Jon finished his meal and made his way to the front of the castle, he was eager to get to Lannisport earlier today, he knew Jaime would be leaving much later and he wished to see some of the squires' practice before he needed to do his duties. Gerion would be staying with Joy for most of the day only leaving closer to the time and Tyrion wasn't a morning person, so it gave Jon the opportunity for some free time.

The ride to Lannisport was almost uneventful but as they just about reached the town he saw Alyrs and Jors stiffen on their horses, looking around to see what had got their attention he watched as a group of horses rode past. The man at the front carried a large banner three black dogs on a yellow field, Jon felt himself gulp as he finally saw the man himself, larger than any man he'd ever seen before his black armour as dark as the night he looked up as the mountain that rides passed him

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 46.7K 88
"Brother. I have some conditions before I agree to this union. They are non negotiable." 🐉 King Viserys Targaryen lost his wife in child birth and...
52.9K 2.7K 33
Aisha Velaryon-Targaryen is going to war. Defeat is not an option. 🌧 "Meet me at Midnight. It's when all the fun begins." 🐉 All explicit and oth...
31.5K 1.6K 20
Snow Stark. Black hair, red lips and her bad ass crew of dwarves have arrived in kings landing and they are coming for the crown. 🍎 "Take this stupi...
18.9K 935 65
Davina Targaryen was focused on fun and adventure when they took their trip north she never expected to fall in love. 🐉 "What you're looking for h...