MEN PLAN AND A WANNBE GOD LAUGHS

Casterly Rock 297 AC (first Moon).

Jaime.

It had been a week since Viserys was killed and Jon had barely spoken about it. Beric and Domeric had left to go back to their keeps, with Thoros staying on for some reason and while that should have concerned him, it was Jon that truly did. When Loras returned from Highgarden he came to him within a day of being back, he too worried about his friend and telling Jaime that while he said he was well, he felt he was lying.

He and Genna discussed it, he and Arthur also, he even spoke to both red priestesses and to Sarella, all of them telling him basically the same thing. Jon was holding it in, burying it deep inside and that if he didn't release it soon, he'd explode. Sitting in his room holding his daughter in his arms, watching her laugh and smile at the shadows on the wall, Jaime tried to decide what to do.

"Give her to me." Dacey said from behind him and he turned not even having noticed she had come in.

"What? No, it's alright, I can hold her." he said looking back down at Joanna.

"I know, give me her and go speak to him, spar, take a ride on the dragon, sit by the beach, whatever, but it's bad enough he's brooding, I'll not have you do it also.".

"Dace?."

"No, go Jaime, you know you wish to and he needs you, go.".

He stood up and handed his daughter to his wife before kissing them both and then walking from the room. The sun was still out and he breathed a sigh of relief, the idea of a dragon ride was not something he looked forward to. Stopping off at the stables he had them saddle Honor and Winter, along with Star, Arthur's horse. Jon having gifted him the stallion he'd won from the race in Highgarden and Arthur being overwhelmed by the gift from his king.

Walking down to the vaults he soon passed Melisandre's rooms, the red priestess and her two companions were sitting in there along with her guards and he shook his head, he knew that they could not stay here for too much longer and hoped Jon understood. He found him standing on the beach, just staring out on the water as he had done after they'd seen Viserys's execution, no murder, it was murder, a voice in the back of his head shouted.

"How long?" he asked Arthur who was standing with Jors.

"Most of the morning.".

"Jors, why don't you go take a break, Arthur and I will take it from here.".

"I'd rather stay my lord." Jors said and Jaime smiled at him.

"I know, but go anyway. I'm going to take him for a ride, it'd be for the best if it was less of us." he said and Jors nodded and looked to Arthur before walking away.

"Just you two?" Arthur asked.

"No, you also." he said before he walked to stand beside Jon.

They stood silently for a few moments, Jon just staring out on the water, while up further along the beach Ghost seemed to be chasing the waves. The white wolf's antics not even being noticed by Jon as he stood there. After the silence began to feel too much for him, Jaime turned to Jon and saw the expression on his face more clearly. It wasn't sadness or even anger, there was something else there and he couldn't quite make it out, though he decided to not even try for now.