THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Jon.

The wolf pups were amazing, so small, so tiny and yet fully alert and active, he watched as they suckled from their exhausted mother. Farlen had taken a quick look at the mother and said she seemed to be doing fine, she just needed rest and would need even more food and water, all of which Jon would ensure she got. The five wolves, three male and two female, were all grey with varying shades of yellow eyes, except for one which was dark black with green eyes.

Ghost stood by ready to nudge any errant pup towards it's mother's teat and as Jon watched the mother drift off to sleep he was joined by Loras who had clearly been woken by the howls. They stood quietly for a few moments until Jon head footsteps and turned to see Walder approaching.

"Walder, how is she?"

"She's passed Jon." Walder replied tearfully.

"I'm so sorry." Jon said and found himself enveloped in what could have easily been a bone crushing hug should the man ever choose to do so.

"I'm sorry." Loras said as he too got hugged.

"It's, she was happy Jon, at the end, she was happy." Walder said before looking at the pups "The wolves have returned, she always said they would." he said with a nod.

"We should go find Maester Luwin, have him inform people and take care of things."

Walder nodded and after making sure Ghost also had enough food they locked the door and walked off towards the Maester's tower. Luwin was thankfully still awake though he looked disturbed for some reason. But once they informed him, he told them to try and get some rest and he would take care of things. Jon asked Walder if he wished them to stay with him for the night, but he said he was going to pray and despite offering to join him it was clear he wished to be alone.

After bidding Loras goodnight Jon walked to his room and unlocked it before locking it behind him, he undressed and took both eggs from their hiding place. The one Nan had led him to was different, the feelings he got from it were much harder to explain, where with his own egg he felt a sense of home and family. With the other it felt foreign to him, he felt the life beneath his fingers, but he felt no connection, there was no call and he wondered if he'd have to go through the same circumstances with it.

He lay down in the bed, both eggs wrapped up tight and hoped he'd dream of Rhaenys tonight, he needed to speak to her, to talk to her, unfortunately it was not to be and he slept a dreamless sleep. Waking up the next morning he washed, placed the eggs back and left the room, he seemed to be the first awake and so he headed to make sure the wolves were all right knowing that Jaime would rise soon. Crossing the yard he saw his uncle come out from the crypts and thought about calling him but he seemed distracted somewhat, so he continued on his way.

"Thought I'd find you here." he heard Jaime's voice some time later, how long it had been he had no idea.

"I just wanted to check, make sure they're all right."

"Your Maester came to see me last night." Jaime said.

"Luwin, why?"

"He told me about the old woman's passing, Nan was it?"

"Aye."

"How are you feeling,?"

"I'm all right my lord, come lets spar." Jon said and Jaime nodded.