TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Winterfell 294 AC.

Jon.

The wedding had been incredible and the last week or so even more so, they had said their goodbyes to some of the northernmost lords, the Glovers leaving with a new trade deal much to their delight. The Umbers's had practically been chased out of the yard by Ghost which had been a sight to see, it was Smalljon's own fault, he dared to make light of the fact that Ghost hadn't come near him while he was there. That was practically an invite to the white wolf and Ghost did not disappoint.

"I don't know what you did with him Jon, but it made for a better visit did it not father?"

"Aye son, that it did. Why are you smiling Jon, Jon, he's fucking behind me isn't he." The Greatjon said.

"I wouldn't move if I were you my lord." Jon said smirking As Ghost's large head came up between both men's arms before moving away as quiet as ever.

"I tell you, that damn wolf's not right." the Smalljon said as he climbed on his horse.

"I hope to see you again soon, Jon, Ned always a pleasure." The Greatjon said as he rode off.

They had at least had the courtesy to wait until the Umbers had left the courtyard before laughing, all of them except Jojen who looked forlornly at where Lyarra had been waving at him not so long before. With the Umbers, Glovers and other northern lords gone, it had left only those who would join their own party when they left in a week or two, it had made the dinners more intimate, even with some lords present.

For now though Jon had other things on his mind as he headed to his uncle's solar not that he was lucky enough to make it without being interrupted. When he saw his aunt and the septa walk towards him he knew there'd be trouble. He had deliberately came on his own, Loras was with Robb and the girls, Jaime and Dacey were busy and he didn't like walking around the keep with his guards, so Jors, Alyrs and Walder were training. He looked at the smirk on his aunt's face and didn't like it one bit, but he resolved to try and be polite and respectful, even if she would not.

"What are you doing here bastard?" his aunt said.

"I have a meeting with Lord Stark my lady."

"Why would my husband want to speak to you?"

"I do not know my lady, perhaps it would be better to ask Lord Stark."

"You really are an insolent little bastard aren't you?" she said snidely.

"My lady?"

"You may think I don't know what you're up to, but I do, and I'll not allow it."

"As you say my lady." Jon said and he couldn't help it, it just happened, he smirked at her and saw her face curl up into one of pure anger.

"Why you." the slap would have hurt no doubt, but he was not the same six year old boy who had once accepted this from the lady of Winterfell, so instead of his cheek she found nothing but air and he was behind her before she had a chance to react.

"You should watch yourself my lady we wouldn't wish anything to happen to your hand." he said and he was gone, he shouldn't have said it he knew, but he found he didn't care.