MAD WORLD, MAD WORLD

Kings Landing 296 AC.

Cersei.

She had fought with him on the day he'd told her, even more so on the day he'd forced her to say goodbye to her precious boy. Yet it was to no avail, her fat oaf of a husband had made his mind up and so Joff was sent to Dragonstone with Stannis. To learn how to become a man Robert had said as if either of those two could teach her son better than she.

Once they'd returned she'd gone to Jon Arryn, surely the falcon could talk sense into his former foster son. Even the stupid old man would be able to see the folly in sending the future king away, but it had been no good, he too seeming to have lost all common sense. Were it not for Bernadette she'd have not realized their plans, not have heard of it, and once she did she knew she needed to act.

If they were serious then there was a chance they'd pass Joff over in favor for Tommen, so if she wished to be in a position to gain her revenge on those who wronged her, she'd need to act now. The problem was Tommen was a dullard, a weakling, and she found spending time with him to be a chore. When he was not speaking of his kittens, his latest one he'd called Ser Wolf, it was the person he named it after that he spoke of mostly.

"Jon is a true knight, isn't he mother.".

"I wish to be his squire when I'm older mother.".

"Just like Dunk and Egg, mother.".

Where he had gotten that notion she didn't know but for some reason, he idolized Jon Snow. When she would try and steer him in another direction he'd actually show some backbone, he'd listen but he'd go against her wishes time and time again. It created a problem for her, the more wilful he got the less he'd be able to be controlled and should he be king, then she would need to be the one in control.

So she changed tack, made it look as if she supported him, spoke up about Jon Snow and it seemed to please her song greatly. It brought them closer and though it annoyed her to do so, she was happy with the results. Myrcella was a different matter, for some reason she disliked her daughter, she couldn't figure out why that was and she had found she hated being around her at times.

"Younger and more beautiful." the voice in her head said.

She'd quieten down that voice when she heard it, her daughter would never seek to replace her and would never be in the position to do so. Yet at times she'd hear it still and so she'd ended up spending even less time with Myrcella than she had before Joff left. Something which created a different problem as Tommen adored his sister and they spent countless hours together.

One night while laying in bed she had a dream which shook her completely, she was attending a wedding and there in front of her stood a golden-haired green-eyed young man and he was marrying his mirror image. She'd had these dreams many times, she and Jaime wed before she was crowned, both of them ruling over the seven kingdoms and no one able to say a word against them.

This time though it wasn't her, nor was it Jaime, this time the green-eyed young man was her son, the woman her daughter. She looked on as they were wed, as they kissed and then as Tommen was crowned. She watched as Myrcella sat beside him on a matching throne that was placed beside the iron one. A woman was brought in wearing a tattered dress, her hair tangled and her face covered in dirt, and Cersei looked on in horror knowing it was her.

"Mother, what say you to these charges?" Tommen said.

"Why mother, why?" Myrcella asked.