A WEEK, FOURTEEN MEN AND A LOT OF RAVENS

Highgarden 295/296 AC.

Olenna.

She lied to her, to her face she actually lied to her and not just to her but to her mother and best friend too, though perhaps her new husband was her best friend now she thought as she chuckled. For moons, she had kept it up to, oh she knew she'd eventually confided in Sansa but for moons, her granddaughter had actually kept up the mummery.

A few moons earlier.

She had been so worried that she'd practically slept in her granddaughter's room with her, she had her meals there, washed the girl herself. Olenna fed her by her own hand, only leaving her side when it was absolutely essential. Even going to the privy in Margaery's room rather than her own, and having clothing brought to her instead of going to her room to dress.

Alerie too had stayed as much as she could, both of them waiting and hoping the fever would break and Margaery would awake. Lomys was no help, not in helping Margaery recover nor in assuaging their worries. If anything it was Sansa and her wolf who kept them from losing their minds, the gir was convinced that Margaery would wake soon, and while at first, she put it down to hope, she wondered if it was more than that.

"Jon." Margaery sighed as she washed her face with the damp cloth, Olenna feeling a smile come to her face as she did so.

"Hush sweetling, rest." she said softly and felt Margaery relax and drift off to sleep.

Something she did herself after a while, the sound of Margaery's voice and her movements on the bed waking her.

"I take this man." Margaery said and when Olenna's eyes cleared she swore she saw a smile on her granddaughter's face "My love, my husband." Margaery said and Olenna gasped turning to see Sansa and Alerie who had just walked into the room.

"Did she, did I just hear that right?" Alerie asked and Olenna motioned to her to keep quiet, though Margaery spoke nothing further that night.

"I..., she's dreaming right, of the future, it must be." Sansa said and both she and Alerie nodded in agreement.

Thankfully with Willas, she wasn't needed as much as she would have been if it was just Mace running things, her grandson knowing what did and didn't need her attention and only speaking to her on pressing matters. Even going so far as to interrupt his own time with Margaery to do so, and she felt her pride rise at helping to raise such a boy.

Garlan and Leonette came to see her too and yet when they were there or when Willas was, Margaery remained silent, not speaking once. When they were gone though she spoke more and more, she called out for Jon, for her husband more than once. She had them chuckling one night when she had some argument with him in her head, and Sansa practically swooning another when she said how much she missed him.

One night as she was sitting with her alone the words she spoke were more garbled, Olenna needing to move in and place her ear close to her mouth to hear, and what she said stunned her. A tree, they had married in front of a tree, just her granddaughter, Jon, and his guards and she felt her anger rise, had he? Had they? No, he wouldn't? she wouldn't? would she?.

She called for Lomys and asked him to check, to see if that was what was wrong if that was something that could have been causing it. The Maester looked at her bemused and Olenna was incredibly annoyed that she had to actually spell it out. Once he'd checked she was relieved to find that they had not done anything, Margaery was a maid still and she had sworn the Maester to keep this to himself, warned him what would happen should he not.