A DRAGON'S RAGE

Casterly Rock 294 AC.

Jaime.

He, Dacey and Tyrion had spoken most of the night about how to broach the subject of the Masester's with Obeyrn, Genna would speak to Olenna but it would have to be him rather than Jon who spoke to the Dornish prince. Which brought up another issue, Obeyrn had blamed Arthur for Elia but he was the one in the Red Keep and he knew that whatever blame he may assign to Arthur, he'd be assigned just as much.

In the end he had agreed with Dacey that it was time to tell Oberyn the truth of that day and deal with the consequences. So they had broken their fast, Jon speaking to Sarella and Margaery while Sansa spoke to Loras, Oberyn and his daughters having stayed at the rock the night before sat across from him. As he got up to walk to Oberyn's table he saw Jon look at him and he smiled getting a nod in return.

"Prince Oberyn I wonder if we could speak in private?" he said and the prince looked at him before standing and following when he walked from the hall.

They were walking silently towards his solar when Ghost suddenly appeared by his side and Jaime couldn't help but chuckle, he had no fear the prince would seek to harm him but still it was nice to see Jon being careful. Oberyn too seemed to have found an appreciation for Ghost, knowing what he now did about the prince's fight with the Mountain he was not surprised. They entered his room and he took his seat before offering the prince some water which he declined.

"There are some things we found out Oberyn, some things which have been brought to light and require us to deal with them, some of them Jon has had to deal with and they have caused him great pain." Jaime began and saw Oberyn's frown.

"What pains my nephew so?" Oberyn said and Jaime raised his hand for a moment.

"In time, first there is something I need to tell you, something I realize now I should have spoken out on years ago."

He told him then of the events of the sack, of how Aerys had wildfire spread all through the city of how he ordered them to be set off, of how he wanted to Burn Them All. He told him of his killing Rossart and then Aerys and being a fool who thought his job done, how he had never imagined his father capable of such acts. He didn't beg forgiveness of even seek any, he had gotten that from the only people who mattered to him, nor did he seek understanding though he'd have welcomed it, it was simply the act of telling the truth which he sought.

"You and I will never be friends Jaime, never will I seek your company other than when it's necessary, nor will I ever forgive, don't get me wrong I understand what you did and why you did it and had I been there I may have done the same in your position. But she was my sister, my niece and nephew were lost to me because you sat on a throne to deal with you actions, rather than went to them."

"I know." Jaime said.

"But also it's because of you I see the boy she called her son raised to be a king, I see my niece live on, albeit far differently than I'd have hoped. I've seen justice delivered to those who murdered my family, so because of that I bear you no ill well, nor shall I ever raise my blade against yours, we are not friends but we are allied by the same cause."

"That my prince is enough." Jaime said and Oberyn nodded.

"Now this other thing?"

Jaime reached in to his drawer and took out the Maester's journal and the relevant letters Tyrion had put aside and handed them to Oberyn motioning for him to read them. They sat there for what seemed to be hours, Jaime pouring the prince wine while he himself drank water. At one point he saw the prince's temper begin to fray and watched on as Ghost basically pushed up against him, Oberyn's hand stroking the wolf's fur calming him down. When he eventually finished reading Jaime watched as Oberyn swallowed his wine before standing to his feet.