A DRAGON IS NOT A SLAVE

Myr 296 AC.

Kevan.

The Lion's Mane pulled into the dock smoothly, Kevan standing on the deck and looking at the Myrish buildings in the distance. They had made more than good time, less than a moon and he was eager to meet these northern sellswords. His men had been butchered, Westerlands men, Northmen, and men hired in Essos, butchered and left to die.

Barely a few had lived and those who had would never work again, Kevan ensuring they and their families were well looked after. The gold he's spent out to help the families of those whos fell was a lot and he cared nothing about it, the gold he'd spend on these sellswords he cared just as little for. It was justice he sought, vengeance he would buy, and he would see every last man who'd played a part in that attack dead.

He and Ser Addam along with a dozen of his best knights walked from the ship and readied themselves to meet with a local magister that they had dealings with. While not having an office in Myr, they did have a man they could call on and so they made their way to the manse of Magister Orlas, the younger magister having been the one who'd been most eager to do business with them. They soon arrived and while it was lavish, it was not as large as some of those around it.

"My friend it's good to see you in person finally." Orlas said and Kevan smiled and nodded.

"You too Magister, is there somewhere we can speak?." he asked and the magister nodded, servants, leading the way to where food and drink were already laid out.

"What brings you to Myr, Lord Kevan?.".

"You heard of what happened in Lorath, Norvos?" he asked taking a swallow of the offered wine.

"Bandits my lord, the bane of our existence, surely not enough to bring you here?." Orlas asked inquisitively.

"More than bandits my friend, a collected effort to interrupt our trading. Should they not be dealt with then even here we may have difficulties." Kevan said and saw Orlas nod in agreement.

"You seek to end these difficulties before they stretch further?.".

"I do, the Company of the Rose is nearby is it not, I seek an audience with their commanders, can it be arranged.".

"Of course, I'll see it done at once." Orlas said.

"I'll see you rewarded of course." Kevan said and Orlas shook his head.

"There is no need my lord, our business together is most profitable, though perhaps some extra shipments could be sent?." Orlas asked.

"I'll see to it and your own percentages Magister, a five percent rise on this and our increased business." Kevan said and the Magister smiled broadly.

"You are too kind my lord, far too kind.".

Truthfully he was being overly generous, the increased business alone should make the Magister even more gold, but Kevan had learned one thing about the men of Essos, they were a greedy bunch. Far better to keep them well rewarded before they sought it than after they looked for it he figured, loyalty could be bought but once lost it was hard to regain.

It took them a couple of days to be given the go-ahead to travel to the Companies headquarters. They were housed in a rather small barracks outside of Myr, but very well defended and manned and as he, Addam, and the others rode up he could see the Northmen look warily in his direction. They were stopped at the gate by a large man and Kevan judged him to be of a size with the Hound, the Mountain even, the large halberd on the man's back, and his size were enough to dissuade most he thought.