WELCOME TO THE ROCK

The king's retinue moved slowly away from the castle, Jaime had placed his own entourage at the rear to allow Jon to say his farewells to his home, he watched as he slowly rode towards him, the expression on his face surprised him, he had thought the boy would be sad, sullen even but as he looked at him he could see the excitement in his features, it was an altogether different Jon than the one he'd encountered earlier that day.

Earlier that day.

Jon and Robb had said their goodbyes, tears shared between them but both swore to write and Jon promised to return as soon as he was able, they hugged and Jon went to say goodbye to the rest of his siblings. He walked to the nursery where little Arya would hopefully be awake, he wanted to look into her eyes as he said goodbye rather than say the words to a sleeping baby, luckily for him Arya was an active baby, she'd grow to be a wild little wolf he thought as he approached the crib.

"Hello little one"

"it's your big brother Jon"

"I love you, little sister, so much"

"Please don't forget me, I won't forget you"

He looked at the babe with tears in his eyes, young as he was he knew it was hopeless, the chance that she'd remember him was pretty much nought, he doubted even that his name would be spoken if Lady Catelyn got her way, he almost ran from the nursery, his emotions getting the better of him/

Sansa was as usual by her mother's side with Septa Mordane hovering in the background like she always did, Jon nervously approached, the scowl on Lady Catelyn's face easy to read as always, he didn't even need to look at her to know she wore that scowl, she always did when he was around.

"What do you want a boy"

"I…ehmm"

"I came to say goodbye to my sister"

Catelyn glared at him, pulling Sansa tighter to her.

"Do it and Begone"

He approached as closely as he dared and looked down at the little red-haired angel that was his sister, she smiled at him and then frowned, he noticed that her mother had almost yanked her back when she saw the smile on her face"

"Sansa, I came to say goodbye"

"No, you stay"

"I can't Sansa. I'm going to be a knight"

"I'm gonna miss you sister"

He watched as the little girl nodded before running over to give him a hug, tears filling his eyes as she gripped him tightly. Before he could even begin to let go though Lady Catelyn was pulling her daughter from his arms, her face a mixture of hate and disgust that Jon knew only too well.

"Very well boy, you've said your goodbyes, now go" she turned with Sansa in her arms and walked back to the Septa, both women looking satisfied that the bastard would no longer be around to corrupt her precious children. He left the room as quickly as he could without running from it, heading straight to the one place he could be alone and not be bothered, the crypts. It was there later that Jaime found him, crying as he sat in front of the statue of his aunt.