From The Dining Table [H.S]

By beautifulharry_xo

It's assumed euphoria follows me around the world as I tell unknown stories through songs, yet I'd never know... More

Last Night In Jamaica
Emerald Eyes
Who Are You?
Loving you's the Antidote
Dancing in the Moonlight
From The Dining Table
Angel
I Miss Her
Dear Primrose...
Better Than Words
The One Where Primrose Cries
The Night We Met
She's Special
2 Bananas for a Pound
Unexpected Visitors
Comfortable Silence
Too Late
The Unconscoius Mind
Colour Me In
Walking On Sunshine
Phonecalls
The Start Of Something New
6 More Days
For Your Eyes Only
Don't You Call Me Baby
The Man I Want Him To Be
Surprise, Surprise, Surpirse!
Busy Days And Getaways
London's Quite Big
Sleepy Girl
Beautiful Vulnerability
Chicken Salad
Peace and Prosperity
Beautiful Boy
After Dinner
Source of Happiness
Doesn't Feel Like Home
Fate
Breaking Point
Be Alright
May 12th
We're Live in 3... 2... 1...
May 12th pt.2
Stay
White Winged Dove
Lavendar and Crystal
Dreams
Clear Lipgloss
My World
We'll Be Alright
Unintentional Harm
Love You Goodbye
Eddie and Froggy
My Moment
Granny Pam
The Stories Behind His Letters
London's Calling
Eventim Apollo
After Show
Two Bodies One Soul
Lost Without Him.
Promises
I Feel Loved
Family
Lilac and Love
A Twisted Reality
New Years Eve
Hopeless Romantics
Wondering Hands
Falling
One Year
I Moved On
Through Eden We Will Walk
Epilogue

All the Best, -H x

4.6K 96 56
By beautifulharry_xo

Primrose's POV:

Dear Primrose...
                              I hope you travelled home well from Jamaica. I sincerely apologise if I frightened you by bringing you home, Mitch said you were a little skittish when you left. As much as I wish you'd waited for me to see you out, I understand why you left.

I'm sure you must be confused as to how I've written you, and I'm going to explain. After you left, I was beside myself of confusion, guilt and regret. I was confused as to why you left so suddenly, I felt guilty that I bought you to my house without permission, and I felt regretful that I hadn't opened up about my feelings when I had the opportunity. While explaining to Mitch how I felt, I went to throw something in the bin, and saw a ball of paper the same as the pad in my room. The only reason I took it out the bin, was because I was confused as to who wrote something on my pad. When I unfolded it, I saw the note you left me.

I would like to apologise if  me writing you over steps the mark, but it was critical to me that you found out what happened that night. After you hit your head, I carried you out of the bar, and straight to my place. I had no clue where you'd been staying, and didn't feel comfortable taking you back to Dan in the state you were in.

In terms of Dan, I pray things are okay with you. A girl as beautiful and kind as you shouldn't be with someone as cruel as him, yet I understand if you are still together. It took everything in me not to beat that man lifeless after the way he treated you; seeing you collapse on the beach like that shattered my heart.

Thank you for that night. It's truly a moment I will treasure forever. I've included the photo you took of me on my camera, and I'm keeping the one I took of you - incase I never see those beautiful blue eyes again. I do wish we got to spend more time together. I've never met anyone quite like you. You make me feel so safe and free, despite knowing not a lot about me.

You've been running round my mind ever since I woke up that morning. I'm embarrassed to say it, but I can't stop thinking about you.

I'm going to leave you my phone number, incase you want to call me. Hearing your warm voice again is the one thing I need right now. Do not feel obligated to call me, I understand completely why you wouldn't. But, I hope you consider it.
                              07769 277 213

Incase I never see you again, I wish you the best in life, and hope that only good things come your way. I know your beauty inside and out won't fade, and I pray you realise how special you are. Don't settle for anything less than happiness. You deserve the world.

All the best,
-H x

***

Speechless, my eyes move to the photo Harry included.

As I focus my eyes on Harry in the photo, the realisation that he actually sent me a letter hits me. An instantaneous feeling of excitement rushes through my body, causing my mouth to quirk up into a smile. Continuing to hold the photo of Harry, I let out a scream of joy, while doing an embarrassing dance of happiness. This was the first time I'd seen a real version of Harry since Jamaica. His emerald eyes may be burned into my eyelids, but seeing a photo that he printed himself seems so surreal.

My nostrils are hit with a welcoming sent of tobacco and vanilla, as the scent swims up my nose. Flashbacks of the first time I smelt Harry shoot into my mind, as I become dazed by the overwhelming rush of memories. I close my eyes - allowing my brain to regain control of what's happening. Standing quickly, I gather the letter and envelope, and head to my bedroom.

Perching on the end of the bed, I begin to reread the letter. The fact Harry apologised for taking me home that night warms my heart so much. He doesn't have to apologise, I'm grateful he was so thoughtful to make sure I was safe. And, he called me beautiful. He said 'A girl as beautiful and kind as you shouldn't be with someone as cruel as him...'. As in, that God of a man thinks I'm beautiful, thinks that I'm kind?! To be totally honest, I don't know how I feel about him writing me. I know I threw my address in the bin, but I'm so pleased he found it. It wasn't intentional for him to find, but I'm beyond glad he did.

Shuffling to the back of my bed, I rest my head onto my pillows. I hold the letter out in front of me, and continue to read.

It broke his heart that I was so sad on the beach? It breaks my heart reading that Harry! If he had beaten Dan up, I'm not sure if I would've stopped it. I don't know if I would've had the strength to drag myself off the sand and onto my feet.

He wants to thank me for the night? This man is an angel. It's a huge honour to be told you will forever be remembered by someone, and the fact he even sent me the photo I took so I can remember him makes me want to curl into a ball of happiness.

I've been running round his mind? As in... I, have been running round HIS mind?! I feel guilty in a way, that I haven't thought about him as much: I've just been so busy I haven't let myself think about anything other than work. This poor man must be exhausted from seeing me constantly!

He left me his phone number?

I immediately stop reading the letter, pulling it away from my face as I stare up at my ceiling. Do I call him? Is that the right thing to do? I mean, he gave me his number so he should be expecting my call. And it's only 7:45pm, so he shouldn't be asleep. What if he's out though? I don't want to bother him. I don't know where he works, what if he works night shifts?

I should call him.

No, that's stupid.

Yes, call him.

No.

Yes.

He left me his number!

But what if it was a joke?

What if he doesn't expect me to call, and he just did it to be polite?

But, what if he actually wants me to call!

Oh god!

Pulling myself up from my bed, I shift my eyes to my phone on my vanity. I stare at the numbers on it, contemplating dialling Harry's number. Standing up, I gingerly approach my phone, while lightly holding the letter in my hand. I look at the phone number. 07769 277 213. I repeat it to myself a few times, making sure I've read it properly. '07769 277 213... 07769 277 213...07769 277 213'.

Taking a deep breath, I began to dial the numbers.

As I dialled each number, questions fizz around my mind about things Harry said in that letter. '0...7...6...9...' I read aloud to myself, as my anticipation grows. '2...7...7...' I continue, feeling my heart rate rise as I neared the end of the number. '2...1...3...' I finished, before taking a deep breath in, and pulling the phone to my ear.

*ring ring*
*ring ring*

The phone rang, yet nobody picked up.

*ring ring*
*ring ring*

It continued, as I fiddled the cord anxiously between my fingers.

*ring ring*
*ring ring*

Okay, nobody's going to answer, I'm going to put the phone dow-

"Hello?"

I freeze, my thought immediately cut off by the voice echoing out the phone. It's a man's voice. A deep, husky voice.

"Hello?" The voice repeats, and I don't say a thing.

"Is anyone there?" It questions, clearly confused as to who is calling. I gulp, clearing my throat, and bring the phone closer to my mouth.

"Uh- hello?" I blurt out nervously, scared that I dialled the wrong number.

The line falls silent. Not another word is said for at least a minute. I continue to run the wire through my fingers nervously, as I await the man's response. At this point, I think I've dialled the wrong number. Surely Harry would recognise my voice!

"Who is this?" The man questions, his voice raw and clear against my ear drums.

"Harry!" I sigh out in relief, feeling my heart pound against my chest at hearing his beautiful voice again.

"Primrose...!" He answers back in disbelief.

"You got my letter!"

_______________________________

A/N:
How cute is this chapter! I'm super excited to continue writing, as these next few chapters are ones I've had planned for weeks.

Thankyou to those who have continued to read, I'm so glad you're enjoying it. As always, feel free to comment opinions, advice, predictions or anything else! I love reading what you guys have to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 1.5K 20
Elizabeth It's been a while, I know. I probably scared you and I thoroughly apologise for putting you through this. I made a new album and I would li...
131K 3.2K 25
Everyone acts differently around me... Why? Everyone talks seriously with me... Why? Everyone hates me... Why? Because I am different Because I am s...
286K 5.7K 44
[COMPLETED] Nothing is louder than the silence between two lovers that aren't lovers anymore. *** Why am I running away from him ? He's the on...
14.2K 209 6
All Harry-themed One-Shots. I'll be posting a new one every day until Sunday, June 24th!