The Grim ➸ R. Weasley

Von TrueKingsFall

THE GRIM ➸ ❝ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴍᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛʜ... Mehr

T h e G r i m
Azkaban breaks and Old friends
darkness of the dementors
we're fine
hippogriffs
library naps and dinner dates
dancing in the rain
Not Friends
Hogsmeade
Black breaks in
Detention
scrubbing pans with a redhead
A Hospital Visit
Blizzard in Hogsmeade pt 1
Blizzard in Hogsmeade Pt 2
Christmas At Malfoy Manor
Back at Hogwarts
Red like a salamander
Slytherin vs Ravenclaw
The Speech
Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw
For Us
A Patronus
Slytherin vs Gryffindor
Listening
Understanding
werewolf tag
Three turns
A Free Man
Train Ride Home
Blue Rose
Campaigns
Dead Man Walking
First Transformation
Magic Practice
Irish Love
Lavender Tea

boggart class

7K 327 102
Von TrueKingsFall

[T.W. There is a brief mentions of past abuse towards the end of the chapter.]

  ➸➸➸

Jamie had been right, like usual, it was Hagrid the trio should worry about. Madam Pomfrey is a miracle worker, grew half of Harry's bones back in his second year, but leave it to Draco to milk out his injury.

For the first couple days all he would do was moan in pain, even if Pomfrey healed his wound he wouldn't stop complaining until she wrapped up his arm and gave him a sling. He even refused to go to class, saying the pain was too much but Jamie knew the boy was trying to be suspenseful. It was Jamie who was forced to spend all his free time after classes with the young Malfoy, giving him mini lessons and helping with school work.

He knew Malfoy was putting on a show. Because Buckbeat hurt more than Dracos arm.

He hurt the boy's ego.

It was Thursday when Jamie was freed from practically babysitting Draco. Apparently Draco decided if he showcased his bandaged arm resting in the pure white sling that he'd get more attention. Which he wasn't completely wrong.

Jamie had to attend Muggle studies first thing, which Lucius did not know he took, then he found himself wondering the halls absentmindedly, he was surprised at how much free time he had, but he supposes he has Dumbledore to thank for that.

As he turned the corner he collided into a body and stumbled backwards a few steps. His mouth opened, fully prepared to give the person an earful about how they should be more aware of their surroundings until he saw that the person was Professor Lupin.

He immediately bit down on his tongue, too roughly apparently, because the next second his mouth his filled with a metallic tast of his own blood.

"I'm sorry, Professor." He muttered through gritted teeth, trying his best not to glare at the teacher.

Lupin looked better than he had on the train, he looked like he had a few good meals and is fully refreshed. But his robes were still shabby.

"No harm done." The Professor grinned. "I was just looking for you, Dumbledore said you'd be free."

Jamie openly scowled at that but Lupin didn't seem to notice, or he did but decided not to call him out.

"I was hopping you would attend my class today and lend a helping hand. I was told this class. . Would be a challenge and that's why Dumbledore suggested you." Lupin smiled warmly but Jamie's scowl didn't waver.

That's why Dumbledore gave him so much free time, so he could run around helping the new teachers. First Hagrid now Lupin.

He didn't want to be seen as a teacher's pet. Or soft. Why does he have to be stuck with the newbies? Why does he have to help with the younger kids? Why not a perfect, maybe head boy, Percy would absolutely love this job.

"I don't have much choice, do I?" Jamie grimaced. He already had his Defense class yesterday and it wasn't bad, Lupin actually knew what he was doing unlike all those others before him. But he'd rather spend his free time hidden deep in the library napping the day away.

"No." Lupins grin widened, eyes sparkling with amusement. "Class should already be gathered, we shouldn't keep them waiting."

Jamie nodded and followed the Professor down the corridors, glaring at his combat boots which calmed his anger some because he knew how much Lucius hated his Muggle looking shoes.

As Jamie entered the class behind Lupin he quietly cursed under his breath. The whole class was already present in the room, all sitting with their quills and parchment at the ready, and amongst those students, was Draco, Ron, Harry, and Hermione and the worst of them all, Pansy.

Jamie knew mixing Gryffindors and Slytherins is never a good idea.

Lupin must've heard his curse because he gave a breathy laugh and clamped a hand on his shoulder. Jamie glared at the hand but didn't try to move away. Lupins smile didn't waver when he turned to the sea of students who were looking at them curiously.

"Good afternoon." Lupin began. "Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands."

The students already curious looks intensified but silently followed instructions. Once the class cleared away their books Lupin continued. "Right then. If you'd follow me."

Jamie's shoulders untensed once Lupins retracted his hand and turned in his heels, leading the class. Jamie eagerly followed in the front.

Lupin led them to the staff room door with only a minor problem, Peeves had only sidetracked them for a minute before Lupin had used a spell, (Waddiwasi!) Which scared the poltergeist away. "Inside, please."

The staff room, a long, paneled room full of old, mismatched chairs, was empty save for Professor Snape who was sitting in a low armchair, and he didn't look happy to see them. Then again, Jamie had never seen Snape happy.

"Leave it open, Lupin." Snape ordered as Lupin was about to close the door. "I'd rather not witness this." He rose to his feet and strode past the class, his robes dramaticly billowing behind him. His shoulder brushed Jamie's and the younger boy flinched away like he was burned and gripped his arm, it literally burned, but only for a second, leaving the boy confused.

Snape ignored Jamie's hurt look and paused at the door, craning his head to peer down at Neville with a great amount of displeasure.

"Possibly no one's warned you, Lupin, but this class contains Neville Longbottom. I would advise you not to entrust him with anything difficult. Not unless Miss Granger is hissing instructions in his ear."

Jamie slowly raised a brow. He didn't like Neville all that much, the Longbottom boy was so self-conscious and he hated that, possibly because it reminded him of his younger self when he was so lost and scared of his own shadow.

But despite the fact that Jamie didn't like Neville didn't mean he enjoyed watching the boy get singled out and bullied. Said boy was madly blushing as Vincent and Gregory snickered.

Lupin rose both of his eyebrows before stating; "I was hoping that Neville would assist me with the first stage of the operation. And I'm sure he will perform it admirably."

Neville's red cheeks went redder than Weasley's hair. Snape almost snarled, swiftly turning and slamming the door behind him on his way out.

"Now then." Lupin beckoned the class deeper into the room as if nothing had just happened. The opposite side of the room was empty except for a wardrobe which Lupin moved to stand next to. It wobbled, followed by a series of banging noises like something was trying to break out.

Seeing as though Jamie already had this class he knew exactly what they were dealing with. "A Boggart." His smooth drawl washed over the younger kids who all backed up in fear at the noise. Of course his class ended short because of some Ravenclaws broke out into tears as their worst fears came to life.

"Nothing to worry about." Lupin nodded at Jamie in thanks. "Boggarts like dark enclosed places. Wardrobes, the gap beneath beds, the cupboards under sinks — I once met one that had lodged itself in a grandfather clock. This one moved in yesterday morning, and I asked the Headmaster if the staff would leave it to give my third and fourth years some practice."

"So, the first question we must ask ourselves is, what is a boggart?"

Hermione's hand snapped up, so did Dean Thomas's but Granger spoke first. "It's a shape shifter. It can take the shape of whatever it thinks will frighten us the most."

"Couldn't have put it better myself," Lupin praised. "So the boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us most fears."

Jamie already knew this but shallowed hard and he heard Neville sputtering out of pure terror.

"This means," Lupin ignored the looks of fear, "that we have a huge advantage over the boggart before we begin. Have you spotted it, Harry?"

Hermione's hand raised and she started bobbing up and down on the balls of her feet but Harry still answered. "Er — because there are so many of us, it won't know what shape it should be?"

"Precisely," Lupin nodded and Hermione slowly lowered her hand looking off-put. "It's always best to have company when you're dealing with a boggart, a headless corpse or a flesh eating slug? I once saw a boggart make that very mistake — tried to frighten two people at once and turned himself into half a slug. Not remotely frightening."

"Ewww!" He heard Pansy hiss under her breath and it took all he had not to glare at her. It seems that anything she does ticks him off, so he bit down on his already sore tongue.

"The charm that repels a boggart is simple, yet it requires force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a boggart is laughter. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find amusing. We will practice the charm without wands first. After me please. . . Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" The class all casted at once, all except for Jamie who already had done this part yesterday.

"Good. Very good. But that was the easy part, I'm afraid. You see, the word alone is not enough. And this is where you come in, Neville."

The wardrobe shook when Neville neared but it seemed the Gryffindor was shaking more who had a look of pure terror on his face.

"Right, Neville," said Lupin, "first things first: What would you say is the thing that frightens you most in the world?"

Neville muttered something so faint not even Lupin, who was standing a foot away, couldn't hear him.

"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry."

Neville's head whipped around madly, clearly begging for him to disappear.

"Professor Snape."

"It's okay, Nev!" Luke, a skinny and lanky boy with a mop of red hair called out to his friend.

Almost everyone laughed as Neville smiled apologetically.

"Professor Snape. . . Hmmm. . . Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Er — yes. But I don't want the boggart to turn into her, either." Neville answered nervously, fiddling with the end of his robe sleeves.

"No, no, you misunderstand me. I wonder, could you tell us what sort of clothes your grandmother usually wears?" Lupin asked, a growing wolfish smile overtaking his face.

Startled Neville spoke, "Well. . . Always the same hat. A tall one with a stuffed vulture on top. And a long dress. . . Green, normally. . . And sometimes a fox-fur scarf."

"And a handbag?" Asked Lupin.

"A big red one." Neville nodded.

"Right then," said Professor Lupin, "can you picture those clothes very clearly, Neville? Can you see them in your minds eye?"

"Yes."

Jamie smirked, realising what Lupin was on about.

"When the Boggart burst out of the wardrobe, Neville, and sees you, it will assume the form of Snape. And you will raise your wand — thus — and cry 'Riddikulus' — and concentrate hard on your grandmother's clothes. If all goes well, Professor Boggart Snape will be forced into that vulture-topped hat, and that green dress, with that big red handbag."

The students around Jamie broke out into fits of laughter at the idea which made the wardrobe shake more violently.

"If Neville is successful, the boggart is likely to shift his attention to each of us in turn." Began Lupin. "I would like all of you to take a moment now to think of the thing that scares you most, and imagine how you might force it to look comical. . ."

Jamie tilted his head, he didn't know what his greatest fear was, he never got a chance at the boggart, class ended halfway through his lesson.

He never did like to think about fear. Fear was weaknesses and could cost you everything. . . Or at least that's what Lucius beat into Jamie's head. Emotions were pointless and could interfere with future plans, you don't show emotion unless you wanted a good hit from Lucius's precious cane.

"Everyone ready?" Lupin asked and Jamie stiffened but otherwise didn't show any emotion as if afraid Lucius was lurking in the wardrobe himself and would charge forward, cane raised as he prepared to hit the young Black.

He pulled out his wand, gripping it tightly incase the thing decided to turn on him. Which he hoped wouldn't.

"Neville, we're going to back away. Let you have a clear field, all right? I'll call the next person forward. . . Everyone back, now, so Neville can get a clear shot —" 

Jamie didn't waste anytime and moved against the walls just like everyone else, leaving a pale, shivering Neville by himself facing the wardrobe. Luke squeezed Neville's shoulder before giving the boy a carefree smile.

"You got this. I believe in you." He smiled before moving to stand aside with the rest of the class.

Neville looked more confident after that.

"On the count of three, Neville," Professor Lupin said softly, he was also pointing his wand at the handle of the wardrobe. "One — two — three— now!"

After Lupins silent spell hit the handle the wardrobe doors burst open to reveal Snape, who took a step out and was glowering down at the Gryffindor. Neville backed away, his wand shaking as he pointed it at the Boggart Professor.

"R-R-Riddikulus!" Neville squeaked out.

There was a whipping noise as the boggart stumbled back. In the next second he was dressed head-to-toe in Neville's grandmother's clothing. Once again, there was a roar of laugher. Neville immediately stumbled towards the wall, tripping over his own feet in the process but before he could hit the ground he was being pulled up by the robes by Jamie, who happened to catch him in the nick of time.

The blond slumped against the wall and awkwardly grinned up at Jamie breathlessly. "Thanks."

Luke came barreling forward, knocking into those who were in this way, and tackling Neville into a hug.

"I knew you could do it! I'm so proud!"

Jamie inched away from the two bestfriends awkwardly.

"Parvati! Forward!"

Parvati walked forward, clearly more brave than Neville had been. Her face was set and her wand was pointed steadily at the boggart. Snape glared down at her and there was another crack and the boggart was changing forms, in the next moment where Snape once stood was now a blood-stained, bandaged mummy; its sightless face turned towards the Gryffindor girl and slowly moved towards her.

"Riddikulus!" She cried and the bandages around the mummy's feet became unraveled and it tripped over it's own feet.

"Seamus!" Roared Professor Lupin.

Seamus quickly made his way forward, almost hitting Parvati in the process.

There was a crack and where the mummy once laid was now a woman with floor-length black hair and a skeletal, green-tinged face. A banshee.

Her mouth opened to let out an ungodly sound, it was an ear piercing shriek.

"Riddikulus!" Seamus casted and the banshee made a rasping noise and clutched her throat; her voice was gone.

"Jamie!"

He froze against the wall but only for a second before Neville was nudging him softly in the right direction. Jamie slowly made his way forward, pointing his wand at the girl who equally as slowly turned to face him. He kept a straight face, glaring at her with determination that he didn't feel.

Crack!

His throat tightened as Lucius appeared where she once stood. The laughter that was once in the room vanished, it turned deathly silent and the air filled with tension.

But Jamie didn't understand, he wasn't afraid of Lucius.

Lucius moved and it all made sense, a weak looking Draco collapsed onto the ground. His face was deathly pale and sunken in, bruises littered his face and heavy bags rested under his pale blue eyes that lost all their previous light.

Jamie faltered. His jaw going slack and heart suddenly felt heavy as if he failed. And he knew he failed if Draco was suffering at the hands of Lucius.

His mind had a hard time understanding that this was boggart and isn't real.

He knew he could easily leave the Malfoy Manor and he could escape the cold and unforgiving hands of Lucius Malfoy.

He wouldn't because he knew what would happen to Draco.

His stomach churned and his throat closed in on itself, his hand became unnaturally sweaty and his wand almost slipped out of his hands. He opened his mouth but words failed him, only a gasp of air escaped him.

He couldn't do it. It was his worst fear and it left him winded; Draco suffering at the end of his father's wrath.

Everyone else could easily overcome their boggarts because it wasn't as severe as this.

For Parvati, a mummy she'd never see.

For Seamus, a banshee he'd never met.

Jamie's couldn't breath and his hand wobbled. He couldn't think straight, he couldn't see that this was a boggart. All he could see was the red liquid that escaped Draco's mouth and the ugly bruises that tainted his face.

All he saw was the future.

And it hurt. It hurt so bad Jamie could feel tears stinging his eyes and a heaviness settled on his chest, preventing him from getting the proper amount of oxygen he needed to function.

He was snapped out of his trance once a warm hand circled his wrist and he jumped. All he could see is a mop of fiery red as Ron gently shoved him back, standing inbetween the boggart and the Slytherin.

Jamie didn't pay attention to how the boggart quickly changed into a giant spider and how Ron was able to properly cast the spell, he didn't pay attention to how Dean Thomas was able to defeat the severed hand that came crawling towards him, he didn't see Lupin jump in front of Harry to prevent the boy from seeing the boggart, didn't see both Neville and Luke finish off the monstrous thing.

He was in a trance as he leaned against the wall, staring at the floor with glazed eyes. He couldn't hear everyone's laughs as Snape was once again in Neville's grandmother's clothes nor could he hear the clapping from the excited students who had a fun during the new lesson. It seems everyone completely forgot about Lucius and a bloody, broken Draco.

Everyone except for Jamie and Draco.

Draco surged forward, being careful not to attract attention and shoved a concerned Ron away from his adoptive brother. They were actually second cousins, but Draco preferred the term brothers.

"Beat it Weasle." Draco barked without any real anger, he couldn't be angry at the boy who helped Jamie — at least for now. He'll hate Ron in a few hours.

He would've helped the older boy, but he was in just the same amount of shock as Jamie had been, all it took was a cry from Pansy to snap him back into reality but before he could do anything he saw that Weasley had already saved the day.

"But. . ." Ron trailed off, his eyes never leaving Jamie's slumped form. He then quickly shook his head, deciding that this guy he doesn't know isn't worth his time, and turned, heading towards Hermione and Harry,  who both immediately bombarded him with questions over whether Jamie was okay or not.

"I dunno. . ." Ron trailed off, sparing a glance at the boy who was still out of it as he stood slumped against the wall. Draco was waving his wands in front of the boys glassy eyes but didn't get a reaction. "He's really out of it, but why in the bloody hell should we care?"

Hermione slapped the back of his head. 

Published
8 - 14 - 20

No one is born mean, no one is born nice.
It's the way we are brought up that shapes us into what we become.
Jamie is closed off because that's what Lucius has drilled into his head. But he still cares.
His one true fear is Draco suffering rather than himself.

Don't worry mentions of abuse isn't going to be in every chapter, because Jamie doesn't seek pity or reassurance that everything will be fine after what he has gone through.
But it has to be mentioned because his past can't be forgot, even if he wanted it to be.

Also Dumbledore keeps shoving Jamie towards the trio. He thinks he's a sneaky lil snake but Jamie is starting to catch on because he is a suspicious person.

Boggart; I'll end you.
Ron(the protective bf); i think the Bloody Hell Not you Riddikulus piece of trash.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

329K 13.2K 68
❝𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴. ❞ -𝘛𝘰𝘮𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘚𝘭𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯 ↳𝘪�...
149K 4.9K 15
Harry Potter has his mothers red hair and his father's hazel eyes. He constantly gets told how much he looks like his mother. His eyes have little fl...
135K 4.8K 21
Only the greatest wizards deserve the finer things in life. That's how Draco sees things. So what if Harry did too? This is only book 1 of the whole...
1.2K 37 28
ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 ˡᵒʷᵉʳᶜᵃˢᵉ ⁱⁿᵗᵉⁿᵈᵉᵈ