The Vampire Cross

By lovetohaveadventure

Highest ranking: #1 Family matters #1 love crazy Cassius Bryers is a typical high school student who just wa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
Extra #1
Extra #2

9

22 1 0
By lovetohaveadventure

As Cassius walked down the hallway of the D building, there were signs posted on the door to indicate the type of club it was. It wasn't hard to find the student council room as it's door seemed to be the most sleek one of all with his metal exterior and designs. Even the handle looked fancy, and right next door was the magic club. Before Cassius made a move, he put his head to the student council room and heard no voices coming from the other side. He felt disappointed that Lilith wasn't in there, which was one of his most important reasons for coming. A sigh escaped his lips, and he looked at the magic club room.

  An explosion came behind the magic club doors, making the door shake a bit. Cassius was surprised the door didn't burst open at that moment, then it was followed by the sound of laughter. If explosions happened daily, then it that meant the door was laced with serious metal in order to make magic like that. Cassius hesitated on deciding to open the door, but he didn't want to restrict himself to something stupid.

He slid the door open, and his eyes were bewildered. It seemed there was music playing in the background, and the number of students felt overwhelming. There were giant pots everywhere where some people had wands, staff, or just magic coming from their palm. He looked around, trying to find Tony, the president of the magic club, as he saw him in a chair crowded with other students. They were having many conversations amongst each other having a good time. No one seemed stress but were just enjoying themselves. Cassius slid the door behind him, and a girl was walking with a pot of a chemical as another explosion came unannounced. This caused the girl holding the pot in front of Cassius to trip, and all of the substance fell on Cassius.

The liquid was jet black, and it smelled horrible. But what was worse was how Cassius opened his eyes, and his body felt weird, like a tingling sensation all over. He wiped his face to take the substance out of his face only to realize instead of skin; it was feathers.

"What the-?" Cassius was confused and shocked; it all happened so fast.

"I'm so sorry, " the female member said, her jet black hair was in two low ponytails with bangs, as her eyes were russet brown, almost looking black. She grabbed a rag nearby and was helping Cassius wipe off the substance only not to have it work, and he just slapped her hand away.

"What did I turn into?" Cassius demanded an answer.

"You turned into a chicken. Part of the magic class is that we try to create potions for different spells; in my case, I was trying to whip a potion to turn someone into an animal from the human world. I was almost able to complete it; however, you still look like a chicken, " she grabbed the nearby mirror on the table closet and showed Cassius what he looked like.

His gray eyes widen; he was not a chicken, but a rooster. He crowed as he got many of the student's attention.

"Hey, guys, look Jessica managed to make a chicken." A magic club member said.

"But isn't that a rooster?" another said.

Many side comments we're heard as the magic club president listened to what was going on as he got called, and he stood up. "Who got turned into a chicken?" Students pointed at Cassius, and Tony turned and saw the rooster. He walked up and was in front of Cassius. Tony was able to recognize him due to the necklace around his neck; Cassius cocked his head to the side.

"Cassius, buddy. I didn't think you would volunteer to be in Jessica's experiment." Tony said.

"I didn't try to," Cassius said. He was angry not with her but mostly with himself for not reacting fast enough.

"It's alright." Tony smiled reassuring like it was his experiment, then he looked at Jessica. "So when is it going to wear off?"

"In 5 or maybe 6 hours. I'm not sure since it's never really been a success before." Jessica looked at Cassius, and he felt his face get hot.

"Well, then Cassius, it's nothing to worry about," Tony reassured him. Cassius did not feel reassure at all; it was quite the opposite, especially because of how it would affect Pandora. Cassius didn't reply to him and just looked at Jessica.

"Jessica, right?" Cassius said.

Jessica nodded her head.

"Isn't there someone else who can whip up a potion for me?"

She nodded her head again. "No, I'm the one who mostly specializes in this. I could make an antidote, but it hasn't been tested, and I wouldn't want to risk it on you. I've done enough harm to your body as it is."

I want to kill this bitch. Cassius, really can't you be safe in this dam school for two minutes without you getting your ass in trouble, Pandora retourted.

Pandora, I'm sorry. I know I should've reacted faster. It's my fault.

If only you had just a fraction of my strength, you'd be able to kick this bitch's ass. But of course, you're weak and useless. Even more than usual! Then she was quiet.

Cassius had enough of the magic club and just went to the door, but he stopped in front of it and realized he couldn't reach the handle. He tried to jump and flap his wings, which caused laughs to come out by most students.

Jessica walked up to him and opened the door for him. Jessica noticed his backpack on the floor and put it on her back, so now she had two backpacks she was carrying, which were relatively light. She got out with Cassius then closed the door behind them.

"It seems you couldn't reach that, so I hope you don't mind," Jessica said.

Cassius just turned his head and walked away from her. The small steps he took, along with the overwhelming size of the school, seemed like it would take a long time to reach his destination. But he walked and heard some footsteps behind him and knew Jessica was still following him.

"Wait, please don't be mad, Cassius, " she cried out and was walking next to him quickly.

"Can't you just leave me alone for one day. I still need to take the bus."

"The bus? You take a bus?" Jessica said, bemused.

Cassius looked at her, annoyed. "What's wrong with taking a bus?"

"Oh, it's nothing. It's just a bit unusual don't you use the carriage and have the pegasus fly you, or have wings."

There was the pegasus ride he had been dreaming about, but since he lived 15 minutes away, he supposed they didn't get that far, plus he liked the bus; it made him feel as though he were in the human world. However, it also explained why not many students were on it.

"You know it's dangerous for a chicken-"

"Stop calling me a chicken. The animal you turned me to is a rooster, not a chicken." Cassius corrected. He somehow felt it was needed.

"I mean dangerous it's dangerous for a rooster to be out in a demon world. I'm serious," they walked out of the school, and Cassius was now starting to head home. Jessica still tagged along, and after 5 minutes, he sighed.

"Jessica, why are you still walking next to me. What about your club?"

"Well, " she said nervously. "Since it was my responsibility that you got turned into a rooster, I knew the most polite thing to do would be to walk with you." He didn't say anything. They arrived at the bus stop, they got on, and once they were at the desired spot, they both stepped out of it. Now Cassius' home was only one block away.

"Jessica, I'm nearing my house, so you don't have to follow me?"

"I don't know if your lying or not?" Cassius arrived at his door until he realized he couldn't insert the key. He looked behind him as Jessica was still there.

"Can you help me get my keys? They should be in my backpack?" Her eyes lit up, and she got his backpack, and he pointed it in the first pocket; she found it quickly and opened the door. The house was quiet as Cassius was about to say something until his mom jumped out of nowhere and scared him, making him fly into Jessica's arms, where she caught him quickly.

"Oh, sorry, I don't mean to scare you? I was just waiting for my son- what a second how did you open this door?" Victoria had her hand on her hip, looking suspicious from Jessica to the rooster. This was something she didn't expect. Especially the animal with the same collar Cassius wore. "What's going on here?"

"Hi mom, it's me. I'm the rooster, " Victoria looked around until she saw the rooster was talking. Victoria couldn't help but contain her mouth that started to water.

"Mom, stop drooling!" Cassius said as she wiped her mouth.

"Sorry, dear, after all, I'm part snake. Now the both of you, please come on in."

"Wait, I don't-" Cassius said.

"Of course, ma'am," Jessica said, smiling, still holding on to Cassius and stepped inside the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 87.2K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
578K 31.8K 67
❝Human by Day and Wolf by Night.❞ But what would you do if you saw one in broad daylight? - * - Abigail wasn't prepared to hear that she and h...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
2.1K 257 42
After encountering something of myths one day after work, Valentina begins questioning her once mundane world. Seeking answers to prove she's not cra...