Beauty and the High-Functioni...

By jackskellingtonrulz5

Alexandra "Alex" Watson is the younger sister of John Watson. She comes to stay with him and Sherlock Holmes... More

Alex Watson
Bored
The Curtain Rises
The Carl Powers Case
Two Down, Three to Go
Connie Prince
The Golem
The Bruce-Parlington Plans
The Pool
The Hat
Buckingham Palace
MYCROFT!
Christmas
I'm not Dead. Let's have Dinner.
SHERlocked
Sherlock Needs a Case...Badly
Leaving for Dartmoor
Baskerville and the Beagle
Dewar's Hollow
Why are You Calling Yourself Greg?
Project H.O.U.N.D.
It's an Ear Hat, Alex!
The Trial of James Moriarty
I.O.U.
Hansal and Grettal
The Story of Sir Boast-A-Lot
Richard Brook
Say Something, I'm Giving up on You
The Strongest and Smartest Woman He Ever Knew
Many Happy Returns
Welcome Back Mr. Holmes
One Word
Goldfish
Sherlock Has an Inner Johnolouge
The Fire
There's Nothing You Can't Do
Into Battle
The Three People Who Love You Most
The Bloody Guardsman
The Stag Night
The Mayfly Man
Just One Dance
Magnussen
Alex in Danger
The Problems of Your Future
Appledore
The East Wind
Community Service
The Wedding
Emotional Trauma for John
Family Reunion
The Birth
Two Memories
So Close
Arguments
Kidnapped
We Almost Died
Bad Day for Alex
Allergic Reaction
Murder Mayhem
Starving
Fighting Training
Guess Who
Haunted
Preparing For Battle
Dawn

Common Cold

3.8K 116 96
By jackskellingtonrulz5

Sherlock gaped at his wife. He stated panicking again. He looked at her desperately. Alex could see the terror and pain masked on his face. 

"Alex, no." He said, his voice cracking. "Please, no. I love you."

"I'm sorry, Sherlock." She said. She pointed the gun at her head.

"Any last words for your husband?" The man asked. Alex looked Sherlock in the eyes.

"Vatican Cameos." She said. 

Alex turned the gun on the leader of the group. She pulled the trigger, killing him instantly. The other men rushed towards her. Alex doged several blows and bullets. Sherlock got down as she fired and killed three more of the men. The last man standing grabbed Sherlock and pointed his gun at Sherlock's head. Alex pointed her gun at the other man.

"Drop the gun." He said. Alex didn't move. "I said drop it! Drop it, or I shoot him!" 

"You're bluffing." Alex said.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not." The man said. 

"Get away from my husband." Alex snarled.

"Make me." The man smirked. "Drop your gun, and I'll move away."

Alex put her gun down and watched as the man let go of Sherlock. Sherlock quickly moved away. The man shot at Alex. She ducked and then kicked the gun out of the man's hand. She blocked every blow and punch the man threw at her. She was winning in the fight. When she had worked for Moriarty, she had recieved the very best fighting training since she was one of the best agents Moriarty had. She was like Natasha Romanoff or Peggy Carter. She picked up her gun and shot the man right between his eyes. Her aim was perfect. Alex dropped her gun. She looked at Sherlock and cupped her hands over her mouth.

"I just killed five people." She said, her voice barely audible. "Those were the first people I've killed since my days as an agent."

"It's all right, Alex." Sherlock said. He held open his arms. "Come here."

Alex ran to her husband and hugged him, crying. Sherlock held her tightly. She was shaking. Sherlock knew that she was in shock. He kissed her on the forehead and wrapped his coat around her like a shock blanket.

"Good shot." He whispered.

"Stop." Alex said. "Don't remind me. We are never to speak of this again, do you understand me?"

"Well, you have just killed five people." Sherlock said.

"Knock it off!" Alex yelled. "I wish I had never started working for Moriarty."

"I'm glad you did." Sherlock said, kissing her on the forehead. "If you hadn't, we might have never met each other."

"It wouldn't have put you in any danger." Alex said. 

"Okay, you know what we're going to do? I'm going to take you home, get you a can of Dr. Pepper, put on a Disney movie, and we're going to spend the rest of the day together." Sherlock said. "Mycroft is with Vanessa, so I think that would be best for you."

"It would." Alex agreed. "I love you."

"I love you too." Sherlock said. "Come on. Let's go home." 

Sherlock took Alex home and laid down on the couch with her. He rented 101 Dalmations for her and put up with watching it with her. He kissed the back of her head. When the movie ended, Alex rolled over and snuggled closer to her husband. Sherlock kissed her on the lips and held her tightly. 

"You're okay." He said. "It was for a good reason. Just...don't tell anyone. I don't think you'd serve time for this, but let's avoid a court case." 

"Agreed." Alex sighed. "Sherlock, I'm scared."

"Why?" Sherlock asked. 

"What if something bad happens to you or Vanessa because of what I've done?" Alex said.

"I doubt it." Sherlock said. "Go to sleep. Everything will be all right."

"Sherlock-" Alex started.

"Go to sleep." Sherlock said.

"But-" 

"Shush." Sherlock pressed a finger to his wife's lips. "You need to sleep."

"What about Vanessa?" Alex asked as she began to drift off.

"I will pick her up later, but you're my main concern right now." Sherlock said. "I'm right here. No one will dare mess with you while I'm around." 

"I'm pretty sure you're right." Alex smiled. 

"I don't want you going anywhere without me or staying home alone. You understand?" Sherlock said.

"I know, I know." Alex said. 

She fell asleep for several hours. Sherlock stayed with her until she woke up. When she did wake up, they went to pick up Vanessa together. They saw that she was asleep on Mycroft's lap. Sherlock started laughing and Alex carefully picked her daughter up and carried her to the cab. Sherlock and Alex went back to the cab and took Vanessa home. They put her in her bed and then went back to the couch. Alex rested her head on Sherlock's shoulder. Sherlock kissed her forehead.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." Alex said. "How much you want to bet Lestrade offers this to you as a case?"

"I will decline." Sherlock said. "Remember, this is our little secret." (His Scar is showing.)

"I know." Alex said. "Do you think I could tell John?"

"I'd rather you not." Sherlock said. "He might flip out." 

"Yeah, that's John." Alex sighed. "I'm going to sleep."

"It's only eight." Sherlock said.

"I've had a very long, trying day." Alex said. "You're the only thing that has kept me sane."

"Well, I'm glad to hear it." Sherlock said. He picked her up and carried her to their room. He laid down and tucked her in. "Goodnight, dear."

"Goodnight, Sher." Alex said. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too." Sherlock said.

They both slept soundly through the whole night. When Sherlock woke up the next moment, it was because Rusty was licking him, begging to go on his morning walk. Sherlock sighed. He didn't want to leave Alex all alone and he knew she wouldn't want to get up this early in the morning. He pet the dog's head.

"Sorry, boy. Not today." He said. He curled up next to Alex and kissed her on the forehead. She smiled in her sleep and curled closer to him.

It was late in the day when Alex woke up. Vanessa was up and Sherlock had gotten up to take care of her. Alex's head was pounding. She stumbled into the kitchen. Sherlock deduced right away that she was sick.

"Nope, nope, back to bed." He said. "You, dear, are sick."

"Dangit." Alex groaned.

"Go lay down. I'll be back with something to soothe your throat." Sherlock said. 

Alex obeyed and went back to their room. Sherlock came back in with two pills and a glass of water. He handed her the pills and she took them and gulped down the water. Her throat was burning. Sherlock held her tightly and wrapped a blanket around them both. Alex had a coughing fit and her body shook. Sherlock held her against him. He looked down at her. Her body looked so small and helpless in his arms. It was hard to believe she had just killed five people yesterday.

Small yet deadly. He thought with a smile. He stroked her hair. That's my girl.

"This. Sucks." Alex said, angry at being sick. "I think this is karma for killing five people."

"Why?" Sherlock asked.

"Because I feel like I'm dying!" Alex said. 

"Don't be silly, dear." Sherlock said. "It's just a small cold."

"No, nope, I'm gonna die." Alex said.

"You are being silly." Sherlock said, kissing her on the cheek. 

"No I'm not." Alex said. "Keep Vanessa away from me. I don't want to get her sick." 

"I think she's watching T.V. in the living room. That should keep her occupied." Sherlock said.

"I hope you're right." Alex said. She sneezed. "Why is it always me?"

"I don't know." Sherlock said, guessing he should just go along with what Alex was saying. "You want to eat something?" 

"No." Alex shook her head. "My throat hurts too much."

"All right, well can you drink something else?" Sherlock asked. "I don't want you getting dehydrated."

"Maybe." Alex said.

"I'll go get you some fresh water." Sherlock said. "Lay back."

Alex obeyed as Sherlock left the room. Rusty looked bored out of his mind, even with Vanessa to play with. He saw Sherlock and his ears perked up. He went up to him and held up his leash as Sherlock was getting Alex her water and a little bit of food just in case. 

"No, Rusty." He said. "No walk today."

Rusty dropped his leash and then went to go get one of his toys. He brought it over to Sherlock and play bowed, wagging his tail. He tried to put his toy in Sherlock's hand, and Sherlock pushed his muzzle away. 

"No, Rusty!" Sherlock said. Rusty jumped up and knocked the plate and glass of water out of Sherlock's hands. He then grabbed Sherlock's shirt in his teeth and pulled on it, growling playfully. "Drop it, Rusty! Drop it!" Sherlock hit the dog lightly on the muzzle, enough to surprise him, but not enough to hurt him.

Rusty backed up, surprised. He slunked back to Vanessa. Alex had crept out of the bedroom to see what had happened. She had a tissue held up to her nose.

"What happened?" She asked.

"The stupid dog happened." Sherlock said, picking up the pieces of shattered glass. "He was trying to get me to play with him and then he knocked the dishes out of my hands and ruined my suit jacket."

"Buddy, uncool." Alex said, turning to Rusty. 

"Really, that's it?" Sherlock said.

"What do you want me to do?" Alex said. "Ground him? He's a friggen dog, Sherlock."

"You win." Sherlock sighed. "Go back to bed. I'll be back in a minute or two."

"Okay." Alex said. She went back to the bedroom and flopped down. 

Sherlock made her a small lunch again and got her another cup of water after discarding the broken shards of glass. He went back in the bedroom with her. He helped her sit up and gave her the water. Alex drank it slowly and ate half of the sandwhich Sherlock had made her. She then laid back down, Sherlock holding her in his arms.

"Go to sleep, dear." He said. "If I'm not here when you wake up, call my name." 

"Okay." Alex whispered. She cuddled closer to Sherlock and fell asleep.

When Alex woke up, Sherlock wasn't beside her. He was probably keeping Vanessa occupied. She sat up and tried to call out his name, but her voice was terribly horse and croaky. She could barely get it out without bringing herself pain. She sat up and gaped at the sight that greeted her. Rusty was on top of the shelf where she and Sherlock kept the T.V. in their room.

"Sherlock." She called as loud as she could. He didn't come in. Alex gathered her strength and called his name louder. "Sherlock!"

She heard Sherlock's footsteps around the flat stop and come running towards their room. Alex pointed at their dog. Sherlock's jaw dropped open.

"How did you get up there?" He asked quietly.

"How long has he been up there?" Alex asked herself as Sherlock picked the dog up and set him down on the floor. He then sat at Alex's side and smiled at her. He kissed her on the forehead.

"How are you feeling? Any better?" He asked.

"I feel like I've been hit in the face with a hardcover copy of Harry Potter." Alex croaked out.

"Really?" Sherlock asked. "I'm calling John again."

"Again?" Alex whispered.

"Yes." Sherlock said, hitting John's number in his phone.

"What, Sherlock?" John said, annoyed.

"She says she feels like she's been hit in the face with a hardcover copy of Harry Potter." Sherlock said. "What should I do?"

"Stop. Calling. Me." John said. "You keep waking Lexi up. Alex will be fine. Just give her soup and water. Keep her hydrated. Don't call me anymore today."

"Okay..." Sherlock said, slightly hurt.

"Goodbye." John said, hanging up.

Sherlock turned to Alex and smoothed her hair. She coughed, hacking up flem caught in her throat as she did so. Sherlock rubbed her back. Alex flopped back down on the pillows. Sherlock smiled at her. 

"Don't worry. You'll get better soon, I just know it." He whispered.

"Don't talk to me like I'm dying." Alex said, smiling as she playfully shoved him. She then looked worried. "I'm not dying, am I? You would have known by now."

"Calm down. You're not dying." Sherlock said. "I'm just trying to be encouraging."

"Oh. Okay." Alex said. "Can I have some medicine?"

"Sure." Sherlock said. He went into the kitchen and got Alex some medication. He gave it to her. "This will make you feel drowsy, which is good since it's the evening." 

"Okay." Alex said. "I'll just go to bed then."

"Do you want me in here or not? Vanessa is asleep." Sherlock said.

"If you could stay, that would be marvelous." Alex said. 

"All right then. I will stay." Sherlock said. 

He got under the covers with his wife and held her close to him. She fell asleep listening to him talk to her. When she did fall asleep, Sherlock grew silent. He didn't dare move for fear of waking Alex up. The best remedy for her right now was sleep and Sherlock planned to let her have as much of it as she needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.2K 32
Alex Moriarty, a 20 year old science nerd from Australia has recently moved to England, soon finding herself becoming somewhat a companion to Mr Sher...
123K 5.2K 28
[CONTAINS SMUT!] ❗️18+❗️ ~~~ Being the youngest Holmes was always quite the journey, especially when you didn't want to show off your talents, maybe...
648 18 29
Lauraine Holmes lives the life many dream of. She's together with Sherlock Holmes, married in fact, her brother in law has all the power he could pos...
908K 33.4K 103
Sherlock x Reader "Love is giving someone the power to destroy you... But trusting them not to." - Unknown You are John's baby sister, visiting him i...