Finally Yours: The Sequel | T...

By ratedJG

Read the first book before reading this. More

• prologue •
• one •
• two •
• three •
• four •
• five •
• six •
• seven •
• eight •
• nine: part one •
• nine: part two •
• ten •
• eleven •
• twelve •
• thirteen •
• fourteen •
• fifteen •
• sixteen •
• seventeen: part one •
• seventeen: part two •
• seventeen: part three •
• eighteen •
• nineteen •
• twenty: part one •
• twenty: part two •
• twenty one •
• twenty two •
• twenty three: part one •
• twenty three: part two •
• twenty four •
• twenty five •
• twenty six •
• twenty seven •
• twenty eight •
• twenty nine •
• thirty •
• thirty one: part one •
• thirty one: part two •
• thirty two: part one •
• thirty two: part two •
• thirty three •
• thirty four •
• thirty five •
• thirty six •
• thirty seven •
• thirty eight •
• thirty nine •
• forty •
• forty one: part one •
• forty one: part two •
• forty two •
• forty three •
• forty four •
• forty five •
• forty six •
• forty seven •
• forty eight •
• forty nine •
• fifty •
• fifty one •
• fifty two •
• fifty three •
• fifty four •
• fifty five: part one •
• fifty five: part two •
• fifty six •
• fifty seven •
• fifty eight •
• fifty nine •
• sixty •
• sixty one •
• sixty two •
• sixty three •
• sixty four •
• sixty five •
• sixty six •
• sixty seven: part one •
• sixty seven: part two •
• sixty seven: part three •
• sixty eight •
• sixty nine •
• seventy: part one •
• seventy: part two •
• epilogue •
on to the next... book #3!

• seventy: part three •

351 20 35
By ratedJG

This is the last chapter before the epilogue.
The epilogue will be posted tomorrow.

Book #3 is almost hereeeee 👀

———————————————————————

Kelly

Flashback
*Sunday, February 4, 2017*

"Baby you gotta stop stressing. Everything will work itself out. You have to think of the bigger picture."

"Trey this is the 10th person to cancel on me just this weekend alone! Our wedding is a week from today and everything is falling apart. This is a disaster!" I was really on the verge of bursting out into full blown tears; I was barely hanging on by a thread.

"10 people out of how many? There are hundreds of guests attending, a few no-shows won't hurt us at all. It's more of their loss than ours anyway. They the ones about to be missing out."

"It's the principle Trey! What if this is just the beginning of a week full of letdowns? Like a domino effect. Next it'll be the caterer, then the photographer, then the DJ... I- I just can't-" My chest heaved up and down and my stomach was bubbling and doing flips.

"Kelly you are getting yourself so worked up, you boutta make yourself sick. You can't put this type of negativity out in the atmosphere. No matter what happens, one thing no one can take from us is that I'm gonna become your husband and you're gonna be my wife. Ain't nothing about to stop me from marrying you, hear me?"

I was about to acknowledge what he said but whatever the fuck was going on with my stomach had other plans.

"Kelly...? Kelly."

I quickly ran towards the bathroom as I felt something about to come up my throat. As if today couldn't get any worse, here I was on my knees throwing up pretty much every single thing I ate today.

"Aw Kelz. Damn." Trey came up to me and rubbed my back as I flushed the toilet and started to clean myself up.

"Don't say I told you so." I mumbled after washing my mouth.

"Of course not. All I want is for you to be okay and happy."

"I am happy baby, I'm just so fucking nervous. Every time things are going well with us, something or someone pops up tryna ruin it. I know I'm overthinking but I can't help it. I think I just need a reminder that we're good."

"Everything's gonna turn out perfect, just wait on it. You deserve nothing but the best and that's exactly what this wedding will be." He pulled me closer to him and gave me a kiss. "How bout you lay down and get some rest while I go tie up any loose ends about next weekend? I can bring you some food when I get back but it might be a while."

I nodded, "It's okay babe, I'm gonna call Bey over in a little bit so I think I'll ask her. Thank you though, you're the best."

****

"Girl those better be tears of joy. Didn't y'all lowkey plan this?"

"They are. We did." I sniffled as I looked down at the positive pregnancy test in my hand. I had a feeling this was the reason why my body has been acting up but I wasn't too sure. I called Bey to talk about it and she agreed with me and rushed here with the test. Clearly my suspicions were right. I was currently experiencing an overflow of emotions, the main one being happiness.

"My sista finally about to be a mommy! This is one of the best days of my life!" she squealed and hugged me for like the fifth time since the results came up.

"Girl, you would think you were the pregnant one with how you acting." I chuckled.

"Sorry but I've literally been waiting for this day for the longest. You have a natural motherly spirit to you and it's about time that you have a child of your own so you can nurture them."

"C'mon poet." I joked. "A natural motherly spirit huh? Wow. I've never thought of myself in that way."

"What? Man listen. I've watched you be such a good aunt to Blue, Julez and Kiyan for all these years just wondering when it would be your turn. That's why I'm always pressing you about it."

"Well, looks like you got your wish." I smiled.

"This couldn't have came at a more perfect time. You about to be a new wife and a new mom all at once. How does it feel?!"

"Like pressure."

"Come on now Kelz. You have love and support all around you. Any worries or struggles you might have will be taken care of regardless. It's not like it's something you can't handle yourself anyway. You're already so loving, generous and caring so you'll see that this will be much easier than you think. One thing I know for sure is that this baby will be in great hands."

"Awww, you're so sweet sis. I can't wait to tell Trey."

"He is gonna lose it! He been wanting you to have his baby chile. Oh my goodness, this is about to be a whole lot. You're gonna have a belly! Waddling all over the place, thick, feet all swollen, chubby cheeks-"

"Bey!" I interrupted, laughing.

"I'm sorry! All jokes aside, this is about to be a wonderful, life-changing journey and you're gonna love it. Are you feeling it yet?"

"Oh I'm feeling it hunny."

"Good, now strap in for the ride. Welcome to motherhood."

****

"Babe." I sat next to Trey on the sofa in the living room and pouted.

"Wassup baby, how you feeling?"

"Sad that you never came upstairs since you've been home. But other than that, pretty damn good."

"My fault, I was trying to give you some space so you can rest. But since you say you're feeling good, I'm guessing you're doing much better and not as stressed anymore?"

"Turns out I didn't get sick because of stress." I said trying to hold back a smile.

"How you figure?"

I slowly pulled out the little gift box I was holding behind my back and handed it to him. He was looking at me hella confused.

"First off, I just wanna say I love you and there's no one else in the world I'd rather be doing this with."

"I love you too Kelz, and I feel the exact same way. Now what you got in here girl?"

"Go on, open it. Consider it a pre-wedding gift from me to you."

"Damn and I ain't even get you nothing. I gotta step my shit up."

"There's no need, trust me." I gestured my hand for him to hurry up. Watching his facial expressions change from the moment he opened the box to picking up the pregnancy test and then realizing what it meant was truly priceless.

"Nah..." he whispered, looking back and forth between me and the pregnancy test with widened eyes.

"Yes my baby, we're having a baby." I chuckled a little at my own corniness.

Next thing I knew there were tears streaming down his face.

"Awwwww Treeeeey!" I cooed, pulling him into a tight hug. "I already cried enough and here you go about to make me start again."

"I love you so damn much. You're amazing." I heard him say.

"No you are. Okay, we both are." I giggled. "Amazing enough to be parents together. I think this is the reminder I needed, that I was talking about earlier. We're good. We're blessed."

"I can't believe this is actually happening."

"Shoot, I can. All that trouble we done got ourselves into on your birthday... and plenty of times after that." I laughed. "With everything that's been going on these past couple of months I completely forgot we were trying to have one."

"Literally perfect timing. And see you always talking about signs, what does this right here tell you?"

"Let's see... To think positively from here on out so the baby can stay healthy; it's only up from here; our love creates magic... I'm fertile?" I teased.

He smiled and shook his head at my antics, "All of the above."

"Our baby girl is about to be so loved. I can't wait to meet her."

"And what makes you think it's a girl?"

"My intuition is never wrong. It could even be my mother's intuition kicking in early, which doubles my chances. So basically, I'm 200 percent sure it's a girl."

"Well if that's the case then I guess I'll take your word for it."

"Why guess? I'm right, period, so get with the winning team."

"'GeT WiTh ThE WinNinG TeAm' yeah whatever, come here." He playfully tackled me down and hovered over me then showered me with kisses.

"Trey be careful!"

"Now you know I would never do anything to hurt you or our daughter."

I laughed at how quick I got him thinking we're having a girl.

"Ah, look at you catching on already. My impact."

"Kelly!"

I was snapped out of the trance I was in by Mama A calling out my name. Ever since her and I left the house, random memories of Kiara kept playing in my head. From the moment I found out I was pregnant with her, to when I found out I was indeed having a girl, to giving birth, to her first steps, her first words being "mama," and all the little adventures we would have together.

Trey and I used to never let a day go by without showing Kiara how much she meant to us. She changed us for the better. Her whole existence represented a milestone in both me and Trey's lives. Everything always revolved around her and it was never a problem because we wanted it to be that way. We were supposed to be her protectors, what the hell was this? I've never been so disappointed in myself more than I am right now.

"Honey we're almost at the house. I know this is hard to think about but we're gonna get her back home safe, okay? Just have faith."

Everyone's been telling me the same shit but how am I supposed to just take their word for it if I'm not too sure myself? They can swear up and down that everything's gonna work out but you just can't predict what'll happen when you're dealing with someone who is batshit crazy.

"I'm sorry for pointing that gun at you. I wasn't thinking straight." I said barely above a whisper.

"Oh that's alright. Oddly enough, I understand. It's a lot going on right now and I know this whole situation is triggering. I'm here to help. I want this to be over just as much as you do."

"It's-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing. I thought it was Trey finally calling me back after I've been calling and texting him nonstop ever since Mama A told me about the house. But it was an unfamiliar number.

"Hello?" I answered quickly.

"Mommy!"

My breath was cut short, "Kiara?! Oh my God baby are you okay?! Where are you?"

"I thought Naomi's mom told you I was coming with them! I'm sorry mommy, I didn't know. I'm so scared. I know I've been annoying to you lately but I wanna come home." she rambled while crying hysterically.

"Princess I love you so much. You don't have to apologize for a thing, I'm the one who's sorry. I haven't been treating you right lately and that's no one's fault but my own. Mommy's coming to get you so hang tight okay? Are you at Janay's house?"

"Yes, some dirty busted up house where she has us locked in the basement! We heard her leave a little while ago but we're still in here."

"We?"

"Me and Naomi!"

As if I wasn't already sick to my stomach enough... Her own child?!

"I'm coming right now."

"Okay mommy but you have to hurry! Naomi found this random phone and I know your number by heart so I quickly thought to call you, but it doesn't have a lot of juice so it's gonna die s-"

The call got disconnected and I looked at the screen hopelessly. I could really scream right now.

Mama A looked over at me already knowing. "Lemme step on the gas. We're gonna make it."

Trey

"Well well well. It's nice to finally see you again Trey." I heard as soon as I pulled up to the alleyway and got out the car.

"Janay, why are you doing this? What is your problem?"

"You! You and your stupid wife have ruined my life. My daughter's father was killed because of you and I've been fucked up ever since. On top of that, you've hurt me countless times. This is my way of ending it once and for all."

This girl was truly delusional. Sick in the head, even.

"I haven't done anything to you, and anything Kelly has done was in retaliation to your actions. You're mad because I never wanted you and I honestly don't feel bad because I clearly dodged a bullet. Maybe if you learned to let shit from the past go, you'd have a better life."

"Shut the hell up. You're lucky I only want money from you because I could've been had you thrown in prison for killing Casandra and Myra."

"You can't prove that. I, however, can prove that you kidnapped my child and have been conspiring with a fugitive of the law. If Myra is actually dead, how much would it really matter if she's a criminal? You mad at me and Kelly when you should really be mad at her for bringing your child's father into her mess and causing him to die. You're so confused that you became loyal to the person that started all your problems instead of making her pay-"

She suddenly pulled out a gun, cocked it and pointed it straight at me, and I put my hands up.

"I didn't call you here for chit chat, enough with the bullshit. Just give me my fucking money."

"Where is my daughter?" I asked slowly.

"Trey, the money."

"We had a deal. You were supposed to bring Kiara here and I don't see her around."

"You're so confident that she's still alive..." she laughed evilly.

"I know you're not that dumb. You wouldn't have came here if she wasn't because you know you need her in order to get the money. I need to see her before we go any further."

"Or I could just kill you. It would give me the same satisfaction." she smirked.

"No it wouldn't. You shoot me and then what? Why would you go through all this just to get nothing out of it except a dead body on your conscience?"

She slowly walked behind me and put the gun to my back. "Because Kelly and your children would suffer just like my child and I did. I think that might be even better than what any amount of money could offer. Everything would come full circle."

"If you love your daughter so much then think about her. Think of how it would feel if you were in this position-"

"Don't tell me what to think." she snapped and I felt her press the barrel of the gun against my spine.

"Just please, please take me to go see Kiara."

"Oh you wanna go see Kiara." she mocked. "Fine, I suppose she should be able to see you one last time."

Just as I was about to try to sneak into my jacket and pull my gun out, I felt her patting me down and when she found it she immediately took it.

"Thought you were slick huh? Walk."

I closed my eyes and sighed, silently praying as she forced me into her car. This already wasn't going as planned.

Omniscient POV

As Janay led Trey towards the house, he was appalled at the fact that this was where she was staying. It was crazy to him what she would put her child through just to achieve this type of revenge she wanted so badly.

He was hoping he could find a way to get Kiara and escape but it would be hard with Janay controlling his every move. Still, he was willing to do whatever it took.

He grew increasingly suspicious as she led him down a set of stairs. It was dark and quiet, but as soon as she turned on the lights and he saw Kiara everything became real.

"Daddy!" she screamed.

"Babygirl I'm here. Everything's going to be fine, alright?"

"You don't get to make those decisions. You said you wanted to see her, here she is. Now she gets to witness her father finally get what he deserves." Janay said to Trey as her gun was pointed at his head.

"NO!!! Please don't kill my dad! I know I said my parents don't give me attention anymore but that doesn't mean I want them to die!" Kiara shouted.

"Shut up!" Janay pointed Trey's gun in Kiara and Naomi's direction while her gun was still pointed at Trey. "Man if I wasn't in such a rush earlier I would've taped these little rugrats' mouths shut and tied them both up."

While Kiara was terrified, Naomi was embarrassed more than anything. Sadly this type of behavior is something she's witnessed many times before. She knew her mother had some type of problem but she was too young to understand the depths of it so as far as she knew it was just anger issues. Regardless, it never got to the point where she would be pointing guns at people. All she could do right now was hope that she didn't actually follow through and shoot.

"Janay do you not realize how fucking wild this is?! You're pointing a gun at children! Shoot me if you want but they should not be a part of this." Trey said.

"Save the lecture. All of my fucks to give are gone."

"Listen I'll write you a check for whatever amount you want just don't hurt these kids!"

"Keep your mouth shut." she replied angrily.

"You're going to be in prison for the rest of your life, is this really worth it? You'll never see the light of day again, and the life you wanna live will never happen for you because of your senseless actions."

"I'm gonna tell you one more time to shut the fuck up. I ain't gon say it again."

"Mom please don't do this." Naomi whimpered.

"Stay out of this Naomi."

"Kiara, I love you so much." Trey said softly as tears filled his eyes.

"Daddy I love you too..."

Hearing her little frightened voice broke Trey's heart. Before he got here he was so sure that he was gonna have the upper hand in this situation but clearly that wasn't the case. The fear was setting in that he wouldn't make it out of here alive, or even worse, Kiara. He promised Kelly that things would be handled and as of right now he was disappointing her.

"You're gonna regret this." he said to Janay. "You think this will resolve all your problems but things will only get worse. Karma will eat you up for the rest of your life or whatever will be left of it. If you pull that trigger, you'll be ending your life too-"

Suddenly two booming loud gunshots filled the air, and then piercing screams, and then... silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

889 43 17
Addison Grier finally finds out who "A friend" is. And Its definitely not who she expected. If you haven't read the first book DON'T START THIS ONE...
151K 3.3K 107
Spoby when they first fell in love 1st book in The Beginning series
21.4K 480 48
Read to find out 👀👀
25.5K 890 43
So here is the beginning of a new book i am writing based off dreams and imaginations ! Its about a girl name Crystal Nicole Moore . Always had a dr...