Let's Get Lost Into The Stars

By hazedemeraldeyes

Nova just so happened to be in the right place at the right time. That right place right time? On a beach at... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
Alternate ending

10.

2.1K 46 25
By hazedemeraldeyes

"It's our last night in this beautiful city, what are we doing?" Chase asked as they finished eating at this amazing restaurant Morgan showed them.

"I'm thinking we just explore, there's so many shops and amazing things to see," Jordyn said.

"I have somewhere I want to go first, you guys don't have to wait up for me," Nova replied, looking over at her brother, he already knew.

"Everything okay?" Rudy rested his hand on her knee, an attempt to comfort her.

"Yeah, everything's fine," she nodded, getting her stuff.

"I'll see you guys later," she smiled and scurried off.

Bailey waited for Nova to fully leave the restaurant to say anything, "What's that about?"

Shawn and Sarah exchanged knowing looks, "She's going to visit their mom." Sarah spoke first.

"Oh, you aren't going with?" Cline asked, Rudy knew what was coming, it was the way Nova talked about her mom.

"No, I'm okay," Shawn nodded.

"She's probably going to miss you," Austin pointed out.

"She's dead, isn't she?" Rudy stared down at his hands.

"How do you know? Did Nova say something?" Morgan asked.

Rudy shook his head, "It's the way she speaks about her, she uses past tense with everything."

"Yeah, she died four years ago," Shawn said. "It's really hard on us because we were so close to our mom, but Nova has a harder time than I do, she's very sensitive."

"You don't have to tell us anything if you don't feel comfortable," JD tried.

"You guys should know, she was my mom too so Nova wouldn't be mad if I said something. Just, don't bring it up to her, let her come to any of you," Shawn sighed.

"You don't have to do this," Sarah whispered.

"I'm good, Sarah. Anyway, we had a lovely mother when I say she was the kindest soul, she was the kindest soul, never thought about herself, gave Nova and I everything she could, she was our superhero. She gave us so many life lessons and advice, she was an amazing mom, I can and will go on and on. Anyway, Nova and I could talk about her for days, my dad was a piece of shit. He hit us, he hit my mom, she tired to leave him, but he always did fucked up shit so she couldn't," Shawn stopped because the next part hurt him still.

Sarah grabbed his hand in a comforting way, Shawn looked over at her and gave her a sad smile. "So I was at football practice one night and Nova was home, my dad was plastered I guess. I don't know the full story, Nova would have to tell you the details because I think I repressed them. Anyway, he beat the shit out of Nova and then he uh-" Shawn choked up a little. "He killed our mom. He bashed her skull in to the point they had to do a DNA test on her hair, her teeth were just destroyed."

The group didn't know how to react except complete sadness, Sarah was hugging him while crying. "Nova saw our mom die in front of her, she didn't deserve that, Nova is as kind as our mom and she has seen and been through hell. We are really close and connected to our mom, Nova is a spitting image of her and she acts like her. Our dad is in prison for what happened, it's been Nova and I since she was nineteen

"Holy shit, dude. I don't even know what to say other than I'm sorry and I'm always here for you and Nova, you guys are some of the warmest people I have met, you don't deserve this," Drew said first. Bailey couldn't talk, she was crying on Morgan.

"Jesus Christ, so Nova is visiting the grave alone?" Rudy asked.

"I would say something, but I'm crying," Cline said, Bailey just pointed and nodded.

"Nova and I haven't left Chicago and we have struggled for a really long time, so this is a relief to her. Like, there was a time she didn't have a bed and I don't know, don't tell her I said this stuff, I just figured it would be easier to hear it from me. She doesn't like bringing anyone's mood down when she's down."

"Thank you for telling us," Chase had his arm around Cline's shoulder, comforting her.

"Her boyfriends were awful too. The last one literally smacked her and told her to kill herself like her dad killed her mom," Jordyn said, earning a hit from Morgan.

"That too, her last two boyfriends didn't really care about her mental health and I'm glad she is a smart girl and knows when to leave, because I would have beat their asses," Sarah nodded.

"I did beat the last one's ass when he hit her," Shawn was seething just thinking about it.

Rudy's leg was moving a mile a second, he felt awful, he wanted to let her know that they were all here for her. He was here for her. "Would she be mad if I went there?" Rudy asked.

"To the cemetery?" Morgan questioned.

"Yeah, I just I know I haven't known her very long, but this is serious and it's emotional, I wouldn't want to be alone and I just want to be there for her," Rudy explained.

"I actually think that's a good idea," Shawn nodded. "I'll send you the address, you'll want to take an Uber."

"Let us know if you need anything," JD offered.

Rudy nodded, "I will guys, try and have fun, we will meet up with you later."

Rudy was out of there faster than anyone could blink. "He's a good dude," Shawn finally said with a sigh.

"He really is, however, there's another problem," Bailey looked around at the group.

"What is it?" Austin asked.

Liked by hannahsbrahms67, jamesminney, and 503,396 others
Itsjustevie so glad to be back in Charleston

Load 7,492 comments

Bailey showed them the post and they all exchanged looks. "We have got to keep her away from Rudy, I don't care what it takes, that snake will not ruin him again," Chase stood up, he was riled.

"This summer seems like it's quickly turning to a hot mess," Jordyn shook his head.

"We have to do whatever we can to keep Rudy and Nova close, we need to stop pushing them, but having Nova around will hopefully distract Rudy from that bitch," Cline suggested.

"I agree, I don't know her, but I know Nova and I know Rudy, let them find each other, if that's what they want, we can ignore that girl," Sarah agreed.

"Let's go to that sick record shop on fifth, we could all use some good rhythm and blues," Shawn stood up, leading them to the best record store in the Midwest.

Over at a cemetery on the south side, sat a crying Nova, she hadn't said anything to her mom yet, but just seeing the block of rock that represented her mom's life made her emotional. Her mom wasn't even buried here, she wanted all of her organs donated for someone that would need them.

"Oh momma," Nova reached out and ran her fingers in the ground over the stone. "I miss you so much. I got a new job, it's acting for a actual Netflix show, I'm really excited for myself, and I know you would be proud of me too. Sarah, Morgan, Jordyn and of course Shawn are going with me. We're moving to Charleston for the summer," Nova began talking.

Even though her mom wasn't here, she always felt at peace being at the headstone, Nova felt like there was some connection and it gave her a sense of relief. "I made great friends, I haven't known them long, but I know you'd like them. I think you'd be happy for me, I remember begging you to take me to that talent agency because I wanted to be in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody," Nova laughed while wiping her face. "How silly."

"JD is so funny, I can't even walk into the room without laughing. Madelyn is so sweet, but she is fierce, she is dating Chase, he's a good guy too very thoughtful. Drew is a badass and he knows how to protect people and make sure everyone is taken care of," she began ranting on and on about the new friends she had.

"I wish I was as confident as Bailey, she inspires me to no end. Austin is a softie, I feel like I'll be able to cry at Disney movies with him and I won't feel the least bit judged. Then there's Rudy," she gave a chuckle with the last one.

"You'd Like Rudy, he is as kind as you were, and he's absolutely the most attractive. I kind of have a huge crush on him, but you know I suck at relationships. I take after my mom, I like toxic men. That was a joke, don't come haunt me in my sleep," Nova joked.

"Anyway. I think you would like my friends, I know that they would like you," Nova sat there. She just sat and thought about how her mom would react to her friends and how she would feel about Nova's new job.

Rudy pulled up to the cemetery, it wasn't huge so he saw Nova right away, her back was to him, he was afraid he would scare her. To his luck or maybe the opposite, he stepped on a branch that snapped, Nova turned around and saw him. "Rudy?"

"I didn't want you to be alone, I know I wouldn't want to be, but you can tell me to fuck off," he said, standing beside her sitting body.

"Stay," she nodded, patting the ground beside her.

Rudy sat down and his heart sank when he saw her stained face. "I've never seen you cry and it is not something I ever want to see," he leaned over, wiping her tears from her cheeks.

"I'm a crybaby so we'll see," Nova sniffled.

"I'm here for you," he placed his hand on top of the one she had rested on the ground.

"Thank you, I assume that Shawn told you?"

"He did tell us what was going on, don't be upset with him, he was respectful and he was just trying to answer us," Rudy said.

"I'm not mad, she was his mom just as much as she was mine," Nova gave a sad smile at the grave.

"I'm here for you, I might not understand what you've gone through, but I will always listen to you and I will always be here to lean on. I'm serious too, I don't care if it's four in the morning and you're upset, call me, I will always answer. If you need a friend to just hear you, or someone to watch a dumb movie with you, someone you want to cook with, I can be that. We're all looking for some light, Nova."

She blinked a few times to get rid of the tears in her eyes, "Thank you, Rudy, you're literally so kind. I will probably take you up on those offers, it's nice having someone like you around. What about you though? You were upset about that one girl."

Nova acted like she didn't know her name was Anderson, but the details didn't matter, right?

Rudy scoffed, "I have the best friends anyone could ask for, I never have to see her again anyway, I don't care. Plus, this is about you."

"I seriously appreciate you," Nova signed, resting her head on his shoulder. Rudy wrapped his arms around her, almost in a protective way, he wanted her to feel safe.

"I'm sorry about your dad," Rudy finally said, he didn't know if he should say it, but he did.

"Don't waste a sorry on him, he's right where he belongs," Nova didn't snap, but the intensity of her voice was there.

"I'm sorry for you, Shawn told me what you've been through. You both are quite amazing to be so nice and caring after everything, it's really hopeful to see."

"That's how our mom raised us. Her name was Charlotte, you can probably see that, I just like talking," Nova laughed, still being held by Rudy.

"Tell me anything you want," Rudy whispered into her hair, kissing the top of her head.

For the next hour she told him stories of her growing up, stories about her brother and her mom. It was getting dark though, and being in a cemetery this late felt a little creepy.

"My mom always used to say no rain, no flowers, I think that'll be something I get tattooed on me one day," she said as they left, walking the streets towards the general area their friends would be.

"I like that a lot," Rudy stuck his hands in his pockets. "It would be a pretty tattoo."

As they were walking, a cardinal landed right in front of them, Rudy grabbed her arm to stop Nova, he pointed down at the bird and said, "In many different cultures, a visit from a cardinal can be the delivery of a message from our loved ones that have departed. Cardinals can be signs that the ones we miss are still here with us, watching over us and protecting us."

Nova's eyes were filling with tears, she looked up at Rudy, "Don't you cry, I will literally start crying." He grabbed her and pulled her into a hug, they were both turned to watch the little red bird. A few minutes later, the little red bird chirped and flew away, they both watch it as it disappeared into the night sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 4.4K 42
Cant help but fall in love with those ocean eyes.
11K 273 20
Falling in love with someone you can never have is the worst feeling in the world...
41.4K 413 19
~*JJ Maybank x Y/n Routledge*~*Completed :)*~
388K 2.4K 30
jj maybank one shots!