[Legacy of a Martyr #2] Liber...

By ShinomiyaDR

It's been a year since Alain Watanabe, now nineteen, completed his journey through the world of Engrada. Just... More

Author's Note
Episode 0
Episode 1: Overturn
Episode 2: I Must Go
Episode 3: Departure
Episode 4: The Night Before
Episode 5: A Son's Homecoming
Episode 6: The First Step
Episode 7: Hannah
Episode 8: Moms
Episode 9: Chastity
Episode 10: Lost Girls
Episode 11: Vanilla, Rocky Road, and Telephone
Episode 12: Empathy
Episode 13: Shedding Tears
Episode 14: A Cluster
Episode 15: Run in With a Train
Episode 16: Pool Day
Episode 17: Cold
Episode 18: Story Time
Episode 19: Flesh and Blood
Episode 20: Shrinking Violet
Episode 21: Picture
Episode 22: Into Taradita
Episode 23: Telepathy with 20 Questions
Episode 24: Horse
Episode 25: A Mother's Love
Episode 26: Out for Coffee
Episode 27: Scary Silk
Episode 28: Two Little Monkeys
Episode 29: Useless Sister, Useless Queen
Episode 30: A Duke's 16th
Episode 31: Purity and Love
Episode 32: An Offer
Episode 33: You're Not There
Episode 34: The First Lock
Episode 35: Break Them in
Episode 36: Sleeping Beauty
Episode 37: Broken
Episode 38: Go for a Drive
Episode 39: Out with Noah
Episode 40: Bowling
Episode 41: Didn't Deserve It
Episode 42: Regrets
Episode 43
Episode 44: Scouting
Episode 45: The White Room
Episode 46: Burnt Out
Episode 47: Familial Love
Episode 48: The Carnival
Special Episode
Episode 49: The Firebird, the Lion, and the Elephant
Episode 50: Halloween
Episode 51: The Ringmaster
Episode 52: Depleted
Episode 53: A Firebird's Smoke
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56: The Burning Fire-bird
Episode 57: My Little Firebird
Episode 58: A Little Game of Pool
Episode 59: Haughty, Little Laugh
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62: Building Blocks and Stories
Episode 63
Episode 64: Purely Engrad
Episode 65
Episode 66: A Letter from M.J.
Episode 67
Episode 68: A Key Keeper's Thanks
Episode 69
Episode 70: Lights of Love
Episode 71
Episode 72: Mixed Emotions
Episode 73: Daddies and Pure Love
Episode 74: A Christmas Surprise
Episode 75
Episode 76
Episode 77
Episode 78
Special Episode
Episode 79
Episode 80
Episode 81: An Evolution
Episode 82: A Divine Encounter
Episode 83
Episode 84
Episode 85
Episode 86
Episode 87
Episode 88
Episode 89
Episode 90
Episode 92
Episode 93
Episode 94
Episode 95: Connelia and Rebirth
Epilogue
Special Episode III
Special Episode IV: A Lion and a House Cat

Episode 91: Cheerful Sunflower

6 1 3
By ShinomiyaDR

Duke and I were in our bed right now. I was going to sleep soon. I wasn't tired yet, but I would be. Phoenix and I tended to get tired and sleep more than the others.

"Hey, Lie?" Duke was staring at the ceiling.

I turned my head. "Yeah?"

"Do." His cheeks were all red. He gave off a flash of embarrassed heat. "Do you have any idea what you wanna do after we find your parents and Alain's old friend?"

"I think I wanna keep traveling." I sighed. "But I'm not sure... I really wanna spend time with Mommy and Daddy, too."

Duke patted the top of my head. "They won't be mad if you wanna travel. They just wanna see you be happy."

"What about you, Duke?"

"I'm not sure... I could travel, too, but I dunno if that's what I really want..."

What I really want... What did I really want? At the time, I didn't really know. My heart was being tugged in different directions by an imaginary rope.

Duke's question wouldn't leave me alone. It even bugged me as I finally fell asleep.

***

There was a body of warmth around me. It wasn't Duke's or anyone else in the house's. It was familiar, but it wasn't. I had no idea whose it was.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a field of sunflowers. I had no idea how I got there.

A little girl ran up to me. I wanted to say she was about four or five, but I wasn't sure. I was pretty sure, though, that she was taller than I was when I was that little.

She was wearing a white dress that stopped just above her knees. It had sunflowers on the skirt, and she was wearing a little white hat.

Her hair was very long and straight unlike mine. It was tied up in a French braid with something that looked like a sunflower made from yellow string. It was this pretty reddish-brown color. My red was pretty, too, but I wouldn't have minded if my hair was that color.

She had Zane's eyes and his freckles. Her face was just like Dad's. Her smile was just like Mom's.

That was when it hit me. I might have felt her warmth before. There was something familiar about her, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was...

She threw her little arms around me. "I'm so happy that I finally get to meet you, Bri-Bri!"

Bri? Just who was this little girl? She was cute and all, but who was she? Why would she have called me that? Only my family, Duke and Marsh ever called me that. I wasn't sure if the others even knew about that name...

"What's your name, sweetie?"

There might have been better questions to ask, but it was the only one I could think of.

"I'm Abi! Abi-Get!"

Jet? I'd never heard a name like that one before...

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Is that your name or is that what you like being called?"

She tilted her head.

"I like it when people call me Lie, but my real name is Natalie."

Her eyes lit up in understanding. "Abigail! Abigail Bridget!"

That was a pretty name. It might have been a little hard for her to say since she was so little. I was sure she'd grow into it, though.

"You don't have to worry about Mommy and Daddy or the house, Bri-Bri! I'll keep them safe!"

Abi was such a cute kid...

"This is for you, Bri-Bri!" She handed me a rectangular white thing.

Wait. I didn't have to worry about Mom and Dad or the house? What was she talking about? How would she know my mom and dad?

***

That was when I had to go and wake up. I was all sweaty and my heart was hammering in my chest.

Where did the thing Abi gave me go? Did I lose it?

Someone set something in my hand. When I looked up, I realized Alain and his mom were in my room.

"You were holding that when Duke woke up," Alain said.

His mom said, "They had to take it away from you so you wouldn't accidently ruin it while you were sleeping."

He put a hand over mine. "That was some dream, wasn't it?"

How would he know that I was dreaming? I wasn't even sure if Duke could do that and he slept right next to me.

"Back when I was traveling with you and Marshall, weren't there days where I'd sleep for what seemed like no reason?"

"But you like don't know how to sleep as it is..."

Alain laughed. "That's true, but it's not the only reason I'd need to sleep."

I tilted my head.

"Before I left for Engrada, I could only see my siblings in my dreams. It was bittersweet, but it left me completely drained, too. I'd have to sleep for like a day afterward."

His mom looked up. "I still remember..." She flashed this weird smile. "They used to give you gifts, too. If I didn't leave them somewhere where you could see them, you would get pretty freaked out when you woke up."

"I-I don't remember that." Alain gave off a hot flash. "After today, I think you might have the same ability I do."

That was such a crazy thought... If I did, why hadn't I seen it before? As far as I could tell, Alain had his since he was really little.

I looked at the thing his mom gave me. It was a picture of Abi. She was with my parents. I was pretty sure they had just taken this picture. She was wearing the outfit I just saw her in.

Alain peeked at my picture. "I know it's not, but that little girl looks a lot like you, doesn't she?"

All I could do was nod.

"Who are the people she's with?" his mom asked.

I couldn't talk. Where did I leave my phone? I looked and couldn't find it.

Alain held his hand out to me and smiled.

I blinked a few times before I began to spell. P-A-R-E-N-T-S.

His eyes got big. "These are your parents? Can I borrow this? I promise I'll give it back."

I nodded.

"Well..." His mom blinked a few times. "I have no idea what just happened."

I wasn't sure if I did...

***

Thoughts on Lie and Duke's convo? The little girl? Theories? Predictions?

~Shino out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 51 10
After a horrific display of power, Nolan 'Noel' Griffith is forced to flee the safety of his home for the sleepy town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. Nine...
39K 1.9K 49
'One person on their own may be able to save the world. But a team of friends, all working together, have a much greater chance of succeeding...provi...
208K 10.8K 68
❝What are we?❞ She asked. Fingers traced the outline of her lips. ❝Heart mates.❞ He answered. 〝♡〞 A bond stretched between two worlds. A prince in...
136 1 24
A new town, the start of college life, and adoring parents. Who would give up all that? Trinity Davis, an eighteen-year-old girl leaves just that beh...