Let's Get Lost Into The Stars

By hazedemeraldeyes

Nova just so happened to be in the right place at the right time. That right place right time? On a beach at... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
Alternate ending

5.

2.5K 41 12
By hazedemeraldeyes

Tagged .Super.Nova.
Liked by skcopper90, Austinnorth55, and 300 others
Sarahbaby93 She couldn't sleep in her bed because JD and Rudy took hers over. Johnathandavissofficial someone had to keep Rudy warm.
Rudeth it was either that or set myself on fire.
Madisonbaileybabe 😂😂😂
User1 I volunteer as tribute 
User2 I would totally take that job.
Drewstarkey are you guys talking about keeping him warm or setting him on fire?
.Super.Nova. Next time, you both get the floor
           Madelyncline liked this comment
Rudeth you would do that to me?
.Super.Nova. Specifically you.
           Madelyncline liked this comment
Johnathandavissofficial leave Rudy alone!
           Rudeth liked this comment. 
User3 who are these people?
User4 I don't know but Sarah is so pretty
          Austinnorth55 liked this comment.
          Skcopper90 liked this comment

"Did you see that Austin liked that comment?" Sarah asked Nova a few hours later, as they got ready to go check the set out.

"Get it girl," Nova sang. "My brother liked it too though."

"Well, your brother is hot as hell. I could never do anything than mildly flirt with him, I wouldn't want to lose either of you," Sarah sighed, putting her hair up in a half ponytail.

"I don't think it would get that way, but who knows, Austin has taken a liking to you," Nova wiggled her eyebrows.

"Shut up, go keep Rudy warm," Sarah playfully joked.

"Eat shit," Nova laughed.

The group answered the door and were met with the other group, "You guys ready to go full kook?" Austin laughed at his lame joke.

"Okay buddy, calm down," Rudy stopped his friend.

"Come on losers," Morgan replied in a sassy tone.

"I like her so much," Bailey sighed, skipping towards the car.

"Good morning again," Rudy walked with his hands behind his back, leaning over towards Nova.

She smiled over at him, "Good morning again."

"How was your twenty minutes of sleep?" He joked.

Nova took in the sight, his hair was perfectly messy, aviators covered his eyes, a mixed patterned button down with the top few buttons undone loosely hung on his torso. He was a sight and Nova would gladly take in the sight, she didn't want to get caught staring though.

"It was four hours," she nudged him.

"Close enough," he let out a light chuckle.

The drive wasn't too long, they crammed into the literal van that they used to shoot the show. Morgan was having heart problems because she was obsessed with the van, it was her favorite character.

"So that's the one your mom got you?" Rudy and Nova were sitting on the ground of the van, she was asking him about the rings on his fingers.

"Yeah, when I moved to Los Angeles," he explained, his hand extended in front of them both.

"I like that one," she said, running her finger around the silver band. Her skin ever so gently brushed his. He needed to calm down, there was no need for his heart to be skipping right now, but it was and he couldn't help it.

"Thanks," he leaned into her a little bit, looking at his hand.

Cline and Chase exchanged knowing looks, grinning from ear-to-ear for their friend. JD also smirked, him and Rudy were really close and for him to look so comfortable since his last heartbreak, made JD happy. Rudy repelled girls for a year and for him to let Novs so close so easy was a sure sign.

"This is insane," Morgan gushed as she got out of the van.

The entire scene around them was beautiful, large trees lining the sidewalks and the water made the air smell crisp. Nova immediately wanted to look around, she had never seen a professional set before.

"We have to get to hair and makeup, feel free to explore," Rudy said to them as him and JD began arguing in who would win a fight, Moe Joe Joe Joe, or Pennywise. Rudy's money was on the monkey.

"This is insane and I don't know how the hell your dumb ass got us here, but I won't complain," Morgan said. Nova knew that meant 'I love you.'

"Honestly you're the last one I thought that would get us to them," Jordyn nodded.

"So Austin is like, so hot," Sarah sighed as Morgan and Jordyn ran off an hour later.

"Oh yeah? Gonna hookup?" Nova asked as they made their way to the beach.

She shrugged, "I'd like to not be that girl. I know we just met them, but can you imagine being here the whole summer?"

Nova loved Sarah to death, she would die for Sarah, but Sarah was such a dreamer. "That's not really logical for twenty five percent of the group you're with."

"We can easily get jobs here," Sarah tried. "And I don't mind paying for stuff for a while."

"You can't and what about my job back home? We don't have enough clothes to even stay here," Nova reasoned.

"I can buy-"

"No." Nova hated when Sarah constantly tried to pay for everything. She was a trust fund baby -so basically- full kook, but hung out with a Pogue.

"Hey guys, ready to watch this train wreck?" Rudy asked. Over the last few days, they all expressed concerned about the new actress, she didn't have what they were looking for, but they were already behind on filming.

"I would like nothing more," Nova stood up.

"Think about it," Sarah mouthed, but Nova was not having it. As much as she wished for a care-free life, it would never happen. It never has for Nova and her brother.

"Is that her?" Sarah asked Rudy as Cline began shooting with another girl Sarah didn't recognize.

"Yeah, that's Riley. She's playing Sarah's cousin that came to the Outer Banks for the summer to find clues about Sarah and John B. You also can't repeat this. Look at it though, I can tell Cline isn't having it either."

Jonas yelled cut and they were asked to reshoot. Rudy ran his hand over his face, a habit he has had for a really long time when he was stressed. "How'd she get this job if she sucks?" Sarah asked bluntly.

"I think she's the niece of someone at Netflix, but they are pouring money into this, there is no way they are keeping her. I hope. She narrates some and she does have a good speaking voice."

JD and Rudy had a few scenes together and they were always hilarious when they were shooting. Nova was surprised with the amount of improv there was. They were introduced to the rest of the cast and friends the group had on set, it was all so much to take in.

It had been nearly twelve hours, as much as the girls loved being here, they were growing hungry and tired. They were wrapping up shooting for the day, that girl Riley was sent home a while ago and it made everyone nervous.

Sure, they all blew up overnight, but this was it, this was all they had and the group didn't know what would happen if they lost this job. Rudy and JD didn't want their friends to freak out. So, they simply ordered pizza for their friends and made them gather outside on the beach, plugging in the trashy lights Rudy used for the hot tub scene in season one and made a quick playlist.

Bailey laughed and looked at the lights, "What is this?"

"Let's not stress about stuff we can't control," Rudy said as they stuffed pizza in their mouths and drank warm beer on the beach.

Rudy had a few drinks in him now, the music was right, he leaned over to Nova, "Help me loosen these guys up."

They stood under the disco ball and the stupid lights, a song Nova recognized by the Shoobies was playing. It was a little faster, she wasn't much of a dancer, but the way Rudy was moving was easy to match. They jumped around and laughed as they sang along to the music.

"I love these guys," she said over the music.

"Me too," Rudy smiled as Nova flung her wrist over his shoulder and walked forward as he walked back.

"Hey," Jonas smacked Chase lightly. "Who is that with Rudy?"

Jonas studies the pair, her head flew back in a musical laughter. She was a very pretty girl, she looked nothing like his vision of Liza, but maybe his vision was wrong.

"Oh, she's a friend of ours," Chase answered.

"What's her name?"

"Nova? What's with the questions?" Chase asked as he watched his girlfriend jump in and they all began dancing together. He smiled, she looked happy, which was all he wanted.

"Does she act? Rudy and her have this natural look to them," Jonas pointed out.

"Are you thinking about replacing Riley?" Chase was thrilled, that girl really didn't click with them.

"I want to get a chemistry read with her and Rudy," Jonas tapped his chin.

"When?" Chase asked.

"Now."

"Oh shit."

Chase ran over to Rudy and Nova. "Jonas wants you two."

Sarah went wide-eyed, why would he want Nova? "Us?" Rudy questioned, motioning between Nova and himself.

"Yeah, both of you," Chase couldn't hide his smile.

"Ooo, you're in trouble," JD laughed.

Rudy gave JD the middle finger and led Nova over to Jonas. "Hey, we're reporting for duty." Rudy was nervous, he usually said really dumb shit when he was nervous.

Nova was scared, she had no idea what she did wrong or what was going on. She looked back at her friends, but they weren't paying attention to her.

"Hello you two," Jonas had a smirk on his face that eased Rudy's mind.

"I think you know what this is about," Jonas said. "Chemistry read. I haven't met you before, but I'm Jonas Pate."

"Nova Copper," Nova reached for his hand to shake.

"I liked what I was seeing over there with you two," Jonas started. "Nova have you done any kind of acting?"

"I act like I like my job," she joked and Rudy chuckled. "Mostly things in high school."

"Sounds like a plan, there's a script in the production office, read over the three parts I have tagged."

"Can do," Rudy smiled, running away towards the office.

"Rudy wait!" Nova yelled, he was so much faster than her. "He can't be serious?" Nova shook her head.

"He is serious, you'll be great, it's just reading, I'm here with you," he assured her, opening the office door for her.

"In this first scene, you're up on a ladder while JD's character and mine talk about how we've never seen you before and you call me out," Rudy explained.

"You're Liza, I forgot to say that," Rudy sat close to her as they read off the same script. He held half while she held the other.

"You know I can hear you right?" Nova read with slight annoyance.

"Glad to hear your ears are working," Rudy shrugged. That wasn't apart of the script, but he made a lot up.

"Clearly your inside voices aren't working," Nova went with it. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"That was great, throwing your own stuff in there is key," Rudy said as they read through more lines. This wasn't as hard as Nova thought, but she also wasn't on set and people weren't watching them.

"I'm like, blown away right now, I'm getting them in here," Rudy jumped up and grabbed everyone.

"I feel like anything will be better than Riley," Drew mumbled. Drew just arrived, he had a family thing to deal with, so he was just getting to know the group of friends.

"Let's see then," Jonas sat at one of the chairs, leaning forward with his elbows pressed to his knees.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Nova snapped.

"Actually, I was looking for your number, but I can't find it," JJ flirted.

"Oh yeah, take your phone out," Nova went off script.

"Okay," JJ held out his phone.

"So it's going to be 9," Nova started. "1-1." She walked away, throwing her middle finger behind her back.

"Wait," JJ ran up to her. "I need a nail gun."

"You look just like the kind that should not be handling a nail gun. Isle 16."

"Listen doll face-"

"You call me by my name or you don't talk to me."

"Okay," he leaned over sarcastically, "Liza."

"Can you go annoy some other poor employee?"

"This is already better," Jonas clapped once.
"Let's go to a different scene. The one where Liza tells him about Sarah."

Nova read the scene quickly and let Rudy lead.

"Kook by association," Rudy yelled.

"It's Liza. And where I'm from, it's poor kids and rich kids. Just because I'm Sarah's cousin does not make me a Kook."

"Why are you here and what were you doing out there?"

She clenched her jaw and looked away from him, "Sarah might have been a kook to you, but she was the only cousin I felt connected to and she was there for me when my mom died, not that it's any of your business."

Rudy grabbed her arm as she went to walk away, "I'm sorry."

"Save it. I might actually need you and your friends anyway."

"Need us for what?"

She let out a sigh, "Sarah's alive."

"What? How do you know that?"

"Because of this," she dramatically shoved a piece of paper in his hands, representing a note Sarah wrote to Liza. 

"I'm not saying this is perfect or anything, but this is perfect," JD clapped.

"Is this something that you're interested in?" Jonas asked Nova.

"I mean-"

"Nova, can I talk to you for a second?" Sarah stood up, dragging her friend from the room.

Everyone exchanged looks as JD and Rudy ran to the door to listen.

"Guys really?" Cline tried.

"Can't beat 'em, join 'em," Bailey shrugged, pressing her ear to the door as well.

"What she said," Morgan and Jordyn joined.

Outside of the door, Sarah put her hands on Nova's shoulders. "Woman."

"Don't woman me," Nova sighed.

"Now I know you're rationalizing your life and you're contemplating why you shouldn't do this, but I will not let you not do this. You have given up so much for so long, and what's stopping you? That job back home that takes advantage of you? All of our friends? We're fucking loners. Besides Shawn, your family is a pack of leeches and I won't let you give this up."

"It's not just back home, it's the surfing, the things I have to do. I literally have no idea how to surf or drive a boat!"

"The boat is like a car on water," Sarah shrugged.

"I think it's a lot more than that. Plus what about Shawn?"

"If you think we aren't moving out here with you, you're insane, I've already looked up apartments," Sarah smirked.

"Of course you have," Nova rolled her eyes.

"Go in there and change your life or I will literally throw you into that ocean," Sarah threatened.

"What about my stuff back home?" Nova tried, she was just trying to get on Sarah's nerves at this point.

"What stuff? You act like the shit back home means anything. I will fly out there after the vacation, leave you the Jeep, get anything you find that you want or need and fly back. Simple as that."

Nova knew she was going to do it, she had always wanted to act professionally, she knew she was witty and knew how to do a lot of things, she just didn't know what to think, this felt unreal.

The girls went to walk back in, but they saw the door shake, people were listening in the other side.

"Rip it open," Sarah mouthed and Nova smiled.

She gripped the door knob and opened the door, half of the room toppling over onto the ground. "Busted," Sarah laughed.

"How did you know?" Bailey asked.

"Doofus over here shook the door," JD smacked the back of Rudy's head playfully.

"So is that a yes?" Jonas asked, a warm smile on his face.

The look on everyone's faces had a hopeful undertone, she knew for these people and herself that she would say yes. "Of course."

The room erupted in cheers, "I literally can not wait," Cline hugged her.

"These few lines alone gave me more life than the other girl," Drew smiled.

"We can talk next Monday at ten, we have a lot to discuss," Jonas said to her. "You're on a vacation and I won't take you from that."

"Honestly I'm ready to start this," Nova was buzzing, she felt on top of the world.

"I have some stuff I can talk to you about," Rudy said.

"Like the surfing thing, this guy is a pro," Austin talked up his friend.

"We all share an apartment, you guys can rent with us, there's two open," Cline added.

"And there's enough room for everyone," Chase added in. They were all really easing her mind and making Nova feel comfortable about the decision she was going to make.

"We will talk soon," Jonas smiled as the group of friends celebrated.

They made their way back to the apartment, Austin told Sarah about the apartments and the fun, local places he liked to go to with his friends.

"You're quiet," Rudy pointed out.

"I think I'm just tired," it wasn't a total lie, but it wasn't the entire truth.

"Get some rest, we have months to hang out," he offered.

"No, I'm fine, I'm just going to look at the stars," she looked over at him with a small smile.

"How about I grab some blankets and we sneak onto the roof?" Rudy offered.

A grin broke out onto her face, "Yes."

The pair stayed up late again, she told him about the books she loved and the places she wanted to go. Rudy intently listened until three in the morning, he rested his head in her lap and dozed off as she stared at the stars above them, both content.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467 29 8
She fell in love. Or was she in love with someone else and just to blind to see it? I guess we'll find out sooner or later. (for copyright reasons, s...
11K 273 20
Falling in love with someone you can never have is the worst feeling in the world...
35.1K 357 27
In which Melody Boudreaux falls in love with JJ Maybank. All while going on a dangerous treasure hunt to find missing gold. RANKINGS 09/29/2021- #19...
12.5K 125 15
Rudy starts fiming Outer Banks and he starts falling for his character's girlfriend .