HEAVEN TO YOU |A Nigerian R...

By MsIndrani

|The Shodeindes: 1| Synopsis: When life gives you lemons, you make lemonades out of it. Well, in the case of... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
DEJI & UWA
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
EPILOGUE
IMPORTANT NOTICE!
TWICE A ZING
THE ONLY FIRST SON

Chapter 16.

1.5K 321 72
By MsIndrani

DEJI

The next morning, I knock on her door waiting for her to give me a reply from within the room but I am met by silence. I knock again and still, nothing. Worry consumes me and I go back to my room to pick up the spare key card I had and head back to hers. Still knocking one more time, I get no reply from her and I open the door, gaining access into her room and I am met with a very annoying scenery.

The worry I felt earlier instantly vanishes, replaced with rage because this stupid assistant of mine is still asleep and under the sheets by this time and does anyone care to know what the time is? It is 8:20am right now.

She did look peaceful in her sleep, though. However, I don't understand. Is it that the feeling of a different country has made her sleep too much because there is simply no sane explanation to this.

She stirs in her sleep and turns her body to face the other side. Before I'll get caught staring and looking like a creep, I device a plan to wake her up. I know exactly what to do. Quietly, I walk out of her room and head for mine to retrieve a bottle of water.

"Wake up." I command as I pour the contents of the bottle all over her sleeping form. 

"Ahh. What is all this one nau?" She hisses as she attempts to clean the water from her face from under the duvet to have clear sight.

I slightly chuckle because for some weird reason, the sight before me looks very funny. However, I  quickly regain my composure when I see her sitting up, sulking. Her eyes widen upon seeing me and her hand immediately reach for her phone which is on the bedside drawer.

"Shit.." She swears but immediately, her free hand goes to her mouth as if reminding herself that I am standing in front of her.

"I am sorry, Sir. I have no idea how I slept this much." I am not surprised. It is a habit of hers to be late.

"Just get up, already." I say, not even in the mood to address her tardiness.

"Okay. Please can you excuse me, Sir. Thank you." That is the reply I get? Seriously?

"And what right do you think you have to give me orders? It's not like I have not seen better versions of whatever you think you have. Remember, I am paying for this." I state, making a gesture at the entire suite.

"It's not like I came here willingly." I hear her mumble under her breath.

"What did you say?" I ask her, daring her to repeat it.

"Nothing, Sir." She says, meekly.

"Better." I snap at her.

"You are still late. Make sure your preparation is very fast and be ready in ten minutes, nothing more. Got it?" I add.

"Yes, Sir." She replies.

"And by the way, Good morning to you." I don't know why I did it but it just feels right to say it to her.

UWA

He greeted me good morning? Wonderful. I dash into the bathroom to have the fastest bath in my life.

I just got out of the bathroom when the sound of my phone ringing fills the room, signally an incoming voice call on whatsapp. Checking out the caller ID, it is Nimi. If I pick this her call it means that I will definitely be delayed by a few minutes and boss man's threat rings through my head. Please, the small drama that happened this morning is already okay to start my day.

I quickly rush my dressing, I couldn't straighten my weave, so I settle for packing it into a ponytail then I take out my outfit which consists of a pair of trousers and a shirt. I put on my heels in accordance to his orders and head to meet up with him. Having my bath and getting dressed in a span of ten minutes, that is some record on my part.

"Mummy, mo ti sọ fun e leralera, igbeyawo ko wa ni ọkan mi( I have told you this over and over again, marriage is not on my mind)." I hear boss man say on the phone, while I approach his figure. I doubt he is even aware of my presence, interesting. Actually, Yoruba did sound very sexy coming from his deep, alluring voice. What am I even saying? 

I clear my throat to announce my presence and he turns to look at me.

"Mummy, I will call you back." He says over the phone and listens once more.

"Hmmm? Yes, ma." He chuckles, looking very carefree and free spirit. I don't think I have ever seen him this way, ever.

"I promise. I love you, remember that. E kí Shalewa fun mi (Greet Shalewa for me). He says and ends the call. Even though I barely understand the intricacies of Yoruba, I must confess I like how it sounds when he speaks it. Sweet. So, this guy can actually sound reasonable.

Without saying any word to me,  he turns to leave. I scurry behind him like a lost puppy. What to do? I do not even know the way to go, so this is the best option.

We get into the elevator and he hits the button to the ground floor. Silence. That is what consumes the space within us as none of us utters a single word to the other, lost in our own very thoughts. I hear the ding of the elevator and watch as the door slides open. Getting off the elevator, he makes a left turn and walks into a place labelled 'Conference Room', still in the hotel.

When I heard Kwame Boateng, I expected the Older man. Nothing prepared me for the young man over here, who accessed me from head to toe as we approach him and his companion. From the looks of the composure, you could easily figure out that the other person is his assistant.

"Akwaaba. Ayodeji." He welcomes us, pronouncing my boss' name in his  Ghanaian accent, extending his hand for a handshake.

"Kwame." Boss man replies him, reciprocating the courtesy.

"And who is the gorgeous lady behind you?" He asks.

"My assistant." Deji answers but it seems Mr. Boateng on the other hand was not having it as he walks pass boss man, making his way to me.

Kwame Boateng

"Hello, beautiful." He smiles at me, taking my hands in his and placing a soft peck above my fingers. I suddenly became shy, aware of the other pair of eyes looking at our exchange.

"Hello, Mr. Boateng." I say to him.

"Drop the formalities, please. Call me Kwame." He says, staring me in the eyes.

"And what is the name of the beautiful damsel?" He smiles at me, probably aiming to charm me with it.

"Abieyuwa Gift Omozuwa but you can call me Uwa." I say, still shy under his gaze.

"Fascinating. Uwa.." He says, my name rolling out of his tongue.

"A wonderful name for a pretty face." He further adds.

"Oh please, can we begin already?" Deji's annoyed voice breaks me off whatever bubble I felt I was in and I quickly withdraw my hand from that of Mr. Boateng, placing it by my side.

I hurriedly walk off to sit beside Deji, making sure to avoid the glare he is  constantly sending my way.

Almost immediately, Kwame joins us and we begin discussion. So, Jimdey wants to branch out to Accra, Ghana and the plug we have here is Mr. Boateng. The building construction has already began, thanks to him and all we need to do right now is inspect it.

A little insight on the Boatengs. They are like Royalty here in Accra. They run multiple business brands like Oil and Gas, Exports, Mining, etc. They are one of the most influential families in Ghana.

From research, I even got to know that Deji, Timi and the Boateng son; Kwame, all went to University together and even though Kwame was in a different department from Deji at the faculty of engineering, they were all still friends.

"Do you want to see the ongoing construction?" He asks, directing his question to Deji.

"Yeah, Sure. Let me call my driver." Deji says in response.

"You don't have to worry about that. My car is enough to accommodate all four of us. I don't want to miss the opportunity of seeing this beautiful damsel one more time before we get there." He says. Wait, why is this guy so expressive and forward, not even mincing words.

"Okay." Deji replies, brooding.

He stands up from his seat and walks up to me, extending his hands.

"May I?" He says, while waiting for a response from me. I turn my gaze to look at Deji who just turns his face to the other direction in annoyance.

"No, sorry." I smile at him. I am here for a job and not to flirt with some man or even encourage his flirting.

"Ouch, damsel! You reject me. It hurts." He says, placing his hands on his chest dramatically. The scene looks so funny that I just could not hold back the chuckle that escapes from my mouth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 3K 64
She spun the bottle and it faced Charles. "Truth or Dare?" "Dare." Charles responded. She smirked and dared; "I dare you to kiss Rose." Rose was shoc...
191K 4K 16
MOST BEAUTIFUL SERIES #1 Can be read as a standalone. An enemies to lovers romance (Black woman white man romance) ~~...
50.3K 5.9K 55
*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't want the scenario of my bathrobe falling...
22.9K 3.4K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...