𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 (𝐩𝐢𝐫...

By cloudpuffss

After coming back from being exiled, Princess Lee Sun-Mi returns to face an ugly secret that turns her world... More

Characters ~ Main only
Prologue ~ Arrival
CH. 1 ~ Unexpected Guests
CH. 2 ~ The Ball
CH. 3 ~ Escape Pt. 1
CH. 4 ~ Escape Pt. 2
CH. 5 ~ Trust
CH. 6 ~ Friends
CH. 7 ~ Test
CH. 8 ~ Problems
CH. 9 ~ Island
CH. 10 ~ People
CH. 11 ~ Aunt Bina
CH. 12 ~ Trail
CH. 13 ~ Choi San
CH. 14 ~ Sweet dreams
CH. 15 ~ Festival
CH. 16 ~ Incident
CH. 18 ~ Battle masters
Announcement ~ Not an update
CH. 19 ~ An Acquaintance's Message
CH. 20 ~ Roommate
CH. 21 ~ Talk
CH. 22 ~ The Botanist Pt. 1
CH. 23 ~ The Botanist Pt. 2
CH. 24 ~ Gallows
CH. 25 ~ Secret
CH. 26 ~ Bad Omen
CH. 27 ~ Encounter
CH. 28 ~ Pain
CH. 29 ~ Jailbreak
CH. 30 ~ News
CH. 31 ~ Stranded
CH.32 ~ Gifts
CH. 33 ~ Peace Offering
CH. 34 ~ Reunited
CH. 35 ~ My Truth
CH. 36 ~ Training
CH. 37 ~ Home Sweet Home
CH. 38 ~ Jealousy
CH. 39 ~ Obssessed
CH. 40 ~ Dilemma
CH. 41~ Catch up
CH. 42 ~ Denial
CH. 43 ~ Stargazing
CH. 44 ~ Invasion of Thoughts
CH. 45 ~ More Than Friends
CH. 46 ~ Farewell
CH. 47 ~ A Royal Attack
CH. 48 ~ Recover
CH. 49 ~ Life at Sea
CH. 50 ~ Isle of the Lost
CH. 51 ~ Found Out
CH. 52 ~ Chaos
CH. 53 ~ Betrayal
CH. 54 ~ Showdown
CH. 55 ~ Attempt at Saving
CH. 56 ~ Aftermath
CH. 57 ~ The Captains' Meeting
CH. 58 ~ Assurance
CH. 59 ~ Nightmares
CH. 60 ~ Company
CH. 61 ~ Feelings
CH. 62 ~ Set in Motion
CH. 63 ~ Attack on Eohithra
CH. 64 ~ Battle of Fists
CH. 65 ~ Battle of Minds
CH. 66 ~ Battle of Words
Epilogue ~ Waking Up
A/N
Sneak Peak!! (Gemini)

CH. 17 ~ Decision

1.5K 82 12
By cloudpuffss

The rest of the day was spent filing papers and making sure the pay was equal. Suzie's nasty attitude also died down a bit after spending the day with Seonghwa, something only he can accomplish. Seonghwa and I made our way to the docks where I would see the crew off. I had all my belongings in my bag, slung over my shoulder. Captain told me to clear out my room at the inn and to keep my bag with me in case I decided to leave with them. The crew was getting ready to leave when Captain calls me over to talk with him privately. We head to the edge of the dock looking out into the water.

"How was your week? I'm sorry I didn't get much time to check-in on you." I look up to see his single emerald-colored eye looking at me carefully.

"It was... eventful," I respond laughing to myself a bit.

"Good, good." He repeats himself, "I'm really only calling you over because we had made a deal. And I want to know what your decision is." I meet his single emerald-colored eye with my stormy blue eyes. "If you've chosen to stay, I understand since--," I raise a hand to silence him which surprisingly works. He quirks a questioning eyebrow at me waiting for my response. Lacing my hands together and glancing downward at them, I try to sort everything out.

With the busy schedule I had today, the only time I was able to think about my decision was when I was filing papers with Bina and even then I wasn't able to focus because of the work I was doing. The only thing I was able to think of was how treated Yeosang. I was so wrong but he got me so mad. He was the first one to show me any kindness on the Aurora, I just couldn't believe he was capable of such cruel actions. But putting all that aside, I've grown close to him and Seonghwa. As much as I want to stay mad at him I can't. Instead of wanting to distance myself from these people, I want to stay with them but what would that mean for me? Will the crew even accept me?

"Captain, if you were in my position, what would you do?" Eye-patch sharply inhales puffing out his cheeks while he thinks. He looks kind of cute that way, something you don't usually see on him.

"Well, seeing as you think of us as filthy pirates... maybe I would stay behind." I feel my body stiffen up, heavy with guilt. I open my mouth to apologize but he cuts me off, "Or... I would join them to see if that's true. Sun-Mi, I understand why you see us as "filthy" criminals. We are pirates but I promise we are not the bad ones here. And I think you know that deep down." I chew on my lower lip as a battle with myself over what it is I should choose. His response seems so sincere and I know they aren't malicious, so why is it so difficult for me to make that decision?

"I'm sorry for that, I know you and the crew aren't the bad guys it's just... I don't think I belong with all of you. You guys are practically family. I don't want to come in between you and your crew." I pause, "I don't even know why you've given me this option." His expression softens as a small smile spreads across his features.

"You're special somehow. The fact that you decided to lie to me when you were first onboard about who you are, even when your life is on the line, says a lot," I look over at him with shock. He laughs at my surprise widening his flashy smile. "Don't worry. I won't come after you for it. I trust Yeosang's judgment and if he says you're not a threat, then you're not."

"B-but, how did you know?" I stutter trying to make sense of how he knew. I mean, I am a terrible liar but Yeosang backed me up so how did Eye-patch find out?

"Call it a sixth sense," he shrugs, "A very accurate sixth sense. I'm sure that, when you feel comfortable, you'll tell us who you really are. I'm just hoping you'll stick with us long enough for that to happen."  A small smile scratches at the edge of my lips.

"But the crew," Rolling his eyes, Eye-patch looks at me with a deadpan expression.

"This isn't about them, this is for you to decide." I nod having made up my mind on my decision. Giving him a determined look, I decide what I want to do.

"Alright then. I'm going."

"Are you completely sure? Being a pirate is--."

"I know. Being a pirate is dangerous and risky and there is probably no going back, but I know this is what I want to do." Eye-patch's expression shifts from worry to acceptance when he sees I've made up my mind.

"Very well then. Welcome to the crew, Sun-Mi," he extends a hand and I take it shaking it firmly.

"Thank you, Captain," I respond grinning from ear to ear. We stay like that for a moment before I hear a shout from the boat calling Eye-patch over.

"HONGJOONG! GET ON THE SHIP OR ELSE WE'LL LEAVE YOU!" Mingi waves down at us trying to get Captain on board. Eye-patch ushers me forward as we race up the gangplank to join the rest of the crew. The deck is bustling with energy and strength and people run up and down trying to get the Aurora ready to sail. Mingi runs up to us, a bit surprised at seeing me on board but he soon gets over it.

"Mingi, I'm gonna need you to steer the ship out of the port. I have something I need to do first," he nods following Eye-patch's order. As he passes me he pats my shoulder giving me a small smile before he walks over to the helm. Mingi starts to shout orders at the men who begin to work even faster, readying the ship. "Follow me," Eye-patch speaks up to me already heading into the direction of his Cabin. He opens the door letting me step inside but I freeze making eye-contact with those sweet hazelnut eyes.

"Y-Yeosang," A smile barely grazes his lips as he looks up from what he was doing when I say his name. Captain steps in behind me closing the door and walking over to Yeosang. Taking the piece of paper out of Yeosang's hands, Eye-patch whispers something to him. With a small nod, Yeosang makes his way over to where I'm standing not really knowing how to engage in conversation.

"Sun-Mi, I--" I cut him off, pulling him into a bear hug. It takes him a bit to relax but when he does, he wraps his arms tightly around me. His hug is warm and comforting. His scent of vanilla fills my lungs. So sweet and familiar. He was the first one to show me any kindness yet I cursed and yelled at him; I feel terrible.

"I'm so sorry for what I said. It was rude and insensitive a-and I was thinking straight. I shouldn't have been so mean to you, calling you a filthy pirate and a murderer. Please, forgive me." I apologize speaking into his shoulder. He runs a hand through my hair combing it lightly. Each stroke is kind and gentle just like the Yeosang I know.

"It's alright. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. To be quite honest, I'm not even sure what happened to me. You looked so vulnerable I guess I just became a little overprotective. If it makes you feel any better, I'm banned from going into the market again." I laugh slightly breaking his warm embrace and smiling brightly at him. His cute little giggle appears again followed by his tiny smile. "I'm glad you chose to stay with us." He steps away squeezing my shoulders. Focusing back on the Captain we notice he has disappeared leaving a huge mess of the cabinets in the room.

"Uhh, Captain?" I call a bit worried when the table jumps startling both Yeosang and I. A minute whine is heard followed by a mop of caramel-colored hair popping up from under the desk. Eye-patch stands up massaging his head with an adorable little pout.

"Sorry, I was just looking for something I needed to return to you..." he trails off looking at a trunk pressed up against one of the walls. He walks over to it popping open the lock. "Aha! Here it is!" He pulls out a thigh strap with a sheathed dagger attached to it. Along with a gun and some gunpowder, he bounces over to where I stand next to a confused Yeosang. Pressing the items into my hand he turns around sharply going to sit on a chair without explaining why I'm now holding a dagger and a gun.

"Hongjoong, you need to explain to her why you're giving her these two weapons. If not she'll probably run away thinking we're taking her as a battle slave." Eye-patch blinks twice without responding and then opens his mouth a few seconds later.

"Right! My bad." He quickly sorts through some of the papers he scattered across his desk before continuing. "I had taken these objects away and had forgotten to give them back so here they are," he finishes with a smile going straight back to work and studying the map in front of him. I look over at Yeosang who just rolls his eyes and shakes his head disappointedly.

"We think that for your protection you should always carry a weapon with you. You'll also probably have to go through training to make sure you know how to defend yourself." He turns to Eye-patch slapping down on the table to catch his attention. The captain Jumps in his chair looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Y-Yeah, That's what I meant to say."

"Anyways, You'll be taught by our battle masters. I promise they'll be gentle." I nod processing the information but not really looking forward to my new agenda. When I look at the two men they both seem to be working diligently on setting a course for their next destination. I decide not to interrupt them so, in lieu, I sneak out of the Captain's Cabin and make my way back to the sickbay.

Who could have thought that the Princess has decided to become a pirate? I feel giddy, excited... unstoppable. Bina was right. This is my calling. I am meant for more. And for once, I truly feel

.

.

.

free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So Ik this chapter was short but I was trying to wrap up this segment as we get into the next arc of the story. I actually don't know who I'm going to pair up Sun-Mi with yet so you might see multiple instances of fluff and other stuff with multiple members. Anyways ty for supporting me and my story thus far. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 614 13
When the savage pirates of Paradigm are on their way home from a previous adventure, they come across something they had never expected. A frantic gi...
143K 6K 38
"you almost had me, but capturing the pirate queen isn't that easy." "then i'll just have to capture your heart." a mystery/romance au story ft. ateez
17.4K 892 12
Map and key acquired, the pirate band ATEEZ is on a course to find a legendary treasure in the mystical unknowns of the East, until a lengthy detour...
9.2K 606 23
A noble prince, ready to do what he could to ensure his people were safe, finds it hard to live under the expectations of his parents' wishes. He esc...